So if SX hurts more people?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/27/2018 11:01 AM

Why has Honda lost everybody, here and there?

|

2/27/2018 11:09 AM

You've cracked the code.... It's a Honda thing.

|

2/27/2018 11:10 AM

Yeah Kenny wouldn't have attempted that pass on Webb on a KTM.
And Gajser would have seen that bump before the takeoff on a Husky

|

2/27/2018 11:13 AM

Does anybody really think it's the bike? But then when MC was testing the
KTM and dislocated his hip, didn't he attribute it to the KTM suspension?
We'll never know for sure, but what I am sure of, is when you come up that short
no brand is going to save you.
TM

|

www.alljackedupinc.com home of the Switch Hauler, the only modular hauling system www.sprocketstuff.com home of the Counter Sprocket Tool

2/27/2018 11:18 AM

Honda still has ronnie mac and he equals at least 5 guys

|

2/27/2018 11:21 AM

kb228 wrote:

Honda still has ronnie mac and he equals at least 5 guys

This guy gets it.

|

2/27/2018 11:26 AM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

You've cracked the code.... It's a Honda thing.

Just the linkage.wink

|

We are the sum of a 1,000 lives. What we know is almost nothing at all.

2/27/2018 12:55 PM

I thought this was going to be a "dump SX and do MX" thread.
wink cool

|

2/27/2018 1:16 PM

Couple a minor injuries like seeley's broken pelvis and roczens two prosthetic arms and everyone starts crying....

|

2/27/2018 1:45 PM


Supercross is dangerous. Guys have always gotten injured since 8/28/48

However, in the last 20 years the severity of injuries has risen. And now we are seeing more catastrophic injuries than we can all remember. There are many reasons guys get hurt. Bike malfunction. Rider error. Other rider error. Etc. But there is one common denominator attributing to the rise. And here it is.

"The tendency of an object to resist changes in its state of motion varies with mass. Mass is that quantity that is solely dependent upon the inertia of an object. The more inertia that an object has, the more mass that it has. A more massive object has a greater tendency to resist changes in its state of motion." -Google search

Faster bikes = more inertia.


THE END.

|

2/27/2018 1:47 PM

These riders have the full resources of HRC at their disposal. They can set the machine up in anyway they like so I can’t believe it’s the bike.... but I’ve been wrong before.

|

2/27/2018 2:07 PM

SPODEBOY wrote:
Supercross is dangerous. Guys have always gotten injured since 8/28/48

However, in the last 20 years the severity of injuries has risen. And now we are seeing more catastrophic injuries than we can all remember. There are many reasons guys get hurt. Bike malfunction. Rider error. Other rider error. Etc. But there is one common denominator attributing to the rise. And here it is.

"The tendency of an object to resist changes in its state of motion varies with mass. Mass is that quantity that is solely dependent upon the inertia of an object. The more inertia that an object has, the more mass that it has. A more massive object has a greater tendency to resist changes in its state of motion." -Google search

Faster bikes = more inertia.


THE END.

How dare you bring such logic and science to a thread like this! Faster bikes that weigh more and more technical tracks equal more energy. It's part of the sport and if you don't like it GTFO. The riders know the risks before committing to racing it's not like it is something out of left field it's just part of it.

|

2/27/2018 2:46 PM

Dungey looks like the smartest guy on 2 wheels.

|

2/27/2018 3:44 PM

SPODEBOY wrote:
Supercross is dangerous. Guys have always gotten injured since 8/28/48

However, in the last 20 years the severity of injuries has risen. And now we are seeing more catastrophic injuries than we can all remember. There are many reasons guys get hurt. Bike malfunction. Rider error. Other rider error. Etc. But there is one common denominator attributing to the rise. And here it is.

"The tendency of an object to resist changes in its state of motion varies with mass. Mass is that quantity that is solely dependent upon the inertia of an object. The more inertia that an object has, the more mass that it has. A more massive object has a greater tendency to resist changes in its state of motion." -Google search

Faster bikes = more inertia.


THE END.

dshaw45 wrote:

How dare you bring such logic and science to a thread like this! Faster bikes that weigh more and more technical tracks equal more energy. It's part of the sport and if you don't like it GTFO. The riders know the risks before committing to racing it's not like it is something out of left field it's just part of it.


Lol, I could not agree more. wink

However, I honestly believe that if we had a 1000cc SX class guys would race them. They are racers.

At some point it might behoove the powers that be to consider the negative impacts (no pun) all of these injuries are having on the sport itself.

I give the manufacturers full credit for the R&D they put into the machines. I love riding a 450. But the top speed and max HP of any given bike does not bring viewers. Close battles. Personal Drama etc. bring the eyeballs. So if their efforts recently are to improve the spectator experience with the recent changes It would be good to see some thought put into the rider injury effect.

Many of us already know about the restrictor plates in Nascar. But for those who don't... They were going so fast that if any amount of air got under the vehicle it would take off like an airplane. Nascar said "that's it we gotta do something".. I think we may be getting to that point.
|

2/27/2018 4:31 PM

SPODEBOY wrote:
Supercross is dangerous. Guys have always gotten injured since 8/28/48

However, in the last 20 years the severity of injuries has risen. And now we are seeing more catastrophic injuries than we can all remember. There are many reasons guys get hurt. Bike malfunction. Rider error. Other rider error. Etc. But there is one common denominator attributing to the rise. And here it is.

"The tendency of an object to resist changes in its state of motion varies with mass. Mass is that quantity that is solely dependent upon the inertia of an object. The more inertia that an object has, the more mass that it has. A more massive object has a greater tendency to resist changes in its state of motion." -Google search

Faster bikes = more inertia.


THE END.

dshaw45 wrote:

How dare you bring such logic and science to a thread like this! Faster bikes that weigh more and more technical tracks equal more energy. It's part of the sport and if you don't like it GTFO. The riders know the risks before committing to racing it's not like it is something out of left field it's just part of it.

X2, we all make choices.

|

2/27/2018 6:09 PM

lets add more rounds!! whistling blink

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

2/27/2018 6:35 PM

ToolMaker wrote:

Does anybody really think it's the bike? But then when MC was testing the
KTM and dislocated his hip, didn't he attribute it to the KTM suspension?
We'll never know for sure, but what I am sure of, is when you come up that short
no brand is going to save you.
TM

With MC the bike bogged.........

|

2/27/2018 6:43 PM

So MXGP is just as dangerous as SX!

|

2/27/2018 7:10 PM

BobbyM wrote:

Dungey looks like the smartest guy on 2 wheels.

Probably because he never raced a honda, lol!

|

2/27/2018 7:14 PM

SPODEBOY wrote:
Supercross is dangerous. Guys have always gotten injured since 8/28/48

However, in the last 20 years the severity of injuries has risen. And now we are seeing more catastrophic injuries than we can all remember. There are many reasons guys get hurt. Bike malfunction. Rider error. Other rider error. Etc. But there is one common denominator attributing to the rise. And here it is.

"The tendency of an object to resist changes in its state of motion varies with mass. Mass is that quantity that is solely dependent upon the inertia of an object. The more inertia that an object has, the more mass that it has. A more massive object has a greater tendency to resist changes in its state of motion." -Google search

Faster bikes = more inertia.


THE END.

dshaw45 wrote:

How dare you bring such logic and science to a thread like this! Faster bikes that weigh more and more technical tracks equal more energy. It's part of the sport and if you don't like it GTFO. The riders know the risks before committing to racing it's not like it is something out of left field it's just part of it.

SPODEBOY wrote:
Lol, I could not agree more. wink

However, I honestly believe that if we had a 1000cc SX class guys would race them. They are racers.

At some point it might behoove the powers that be to consider the negative impacts (no pun) all of these injuries are having on the sport itself.

I give the manufacturers full credit for the R&D they put into the machines. I love riding a 450. But the top speed and max HP of any given bike does not bring viewers. Close battles. Personal Drama etc. bring the eyeballs. So if their efforts recently are to improve the spectator experience with the recent changes It would be good to see some thought put into the rider injury effect.

Many of us already know about the restrictor plates in Nascar. But for those who don't... They were going so fast that if any amount of air got under the vehicle it would take off like an airplane. Nascar said "that's it we gotta do something".. I think we may be getting to that point.

I think you have the right idea. If anybody remembers Mcgrath and Ferry on Yamaha's. mMcgrath tried ferry's motor combo out and said it was way too fast! That was almost 20 years ago. 450's are different Animal's.

|

2/27/2018 8:07 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

So MXGP is just as dangerous as SX!

Red bike is a Red bike?

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart