with my buddy and this happened..........."

probably a repost but worth a watch.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLuuWhK559A&feature=player_embeddedp[/url]
|
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
4/6/2011 2:28pm
Wow, that dude just got very lucky he didn't go with his bike.
CR250Rider
4/6/2011 2:34pm
the buddy slowed down, should have been a clue, and ALWAYS TREAT BUSHES LIKE THEY'RE ROCKS.

glad you're ok....how did you get the bike out? in pieces?

The Shop

neverwas
Fantasy
784th
4/6/2011 2:35pm
Wow, He is luck he is alive, wonder how he got the bike back
WhiteTaco
4/6/2011 2:48pm
Wow, some cool but scary terrain you guys have out there.
M-M
4/6/2011 2:54pm
In the description

Rim trail in McInnis Canyon/Rabbit Valley Colorado/Utah. My skid plate clipped a rock on the left side of the trail which then sent my wheels to the right where the cliff edge was only 10 feet to the right of the trail. I bailed as soon as I could, sliding off the bike, ending up just a few feet away from joining my bike over the edge. The cliff it went off was three stepped, the first verticle section was about 30 feet down to the next small ledge then another 10 or maybe 15 feet where the bike stopped, then the last section was low angle 10 feet or about. We left the bike there for the night and rode two-up for the 6 miles back to the car. We came back the next day prepared. We had over 100 feet of tow line, climbing harness, a hand winch. We didn't know what was going to be the best way to get the bike out...up or further down. We ended up lowering the bike down the last ledge and walked it out the horseshoe canyon to the next trail where we could get the jeep to pick it up.
The bike amazingly had only a broken clutch lever and a smashed left foot peg! The front forks were perfect, the plastics were perfect, the frame, exhaust, handlebars, seat everything was in great shape!!!
Nielsen277
4/6/2011 3:03pm
WOW! That's so sketchy! Looks like an amazing (beautiful) place to ride.

It's pretty sweet that the bike was banged up anymore than it was!
englishman
4/6/2011 3:06pm Edited Date/Time 4/6/2011 3:06pm
Rim trail in McInnis Canyon/Rabbit Valley Colorado/Utah.

Moral of the story : If you ride around a rabbits rim you're gonna end up in the shit.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/6/2011 3:14pm
Wow, that's gnarly...and he's really lucky.

I did something similar while riding in Moab, where I caught a pedal on a rock, and it pitched me toward a ledge. I took three stabs at trying to hop off it, and ended up going over the first ledge. Fortunately it was only about eight feet down...though the second one was a LOT further.

The editor of Bicycling magazine was just ahead of me on that ride, and heard me go over. He came back up the trail yelling my name, and when he came back into view he was as white as a ghost. Fortunately I was just standing there surveying what had just happened, and feeling really lucky.

It's a beautiful place to ride, but you have to respect it for sure.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
4/6/2011 3:24pm
GuyB wrote:
Wow, that's gnarly...and he's really lucky. I did something similar while riding in Moab, where I caught a pedal on a rock, and it pitched me...

I did something similar while riding in Moab, where I caught a pedal on a rock, and it pitched me toward a ledge. I took three stabs at trying to hop off it, and ended up going over the first ledge. Fortunately it was only about eight feet down...though the second one was a LOT further.

The editor of Bicycling magazine was just ahead of me on that ride, and heard me go over. He came back up the trail yelling my name, and when he came back into view he was as white as a ghost. Fortunately I was just standing there surveying what had just happened, and feeling really lucky.

Damn that's scary also. On the Mountain Bikes weez gots no protection besides a little plastic helmet. Glad you were lucky that day.
CR250Rider
4/6/2011 3:31pm
reminds me of riding on Manastash ridge up here in Washington state on Mt. Clifty
except if you fall there it's at least 700 feet down.
Huge_Bulge
4/6/2011 3:37pm
This is why I hate trail riding! I have been hurt on trails way more than at the track, everything is fine you gotta do a hard rock section, or logs, or some shit that ruins my day every time.
jasonv43
4/6/2011 3:39pm
Wow!!!

How long did his buddy ride before he realized that he was by himself?
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/6/2011 3:40pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Damn that's scary also. On the Mountain Bikes weez gots no protection besides a little plastic helmet. Glad you were lucky that day.
Me too. I don't fly well. Wink
G-man
4/6/2011 8:52pm
Whoa anyone who thinks trailriding is for wimps needs to watch that! Woohoo

Fugger is lucky to be alive!
4/6/2011 9:06pm Edited Date/Time 4/6/2011 9:08pm
this is probably a repost too but I just got it in an email. I actually did this same thing on my track when I was a kid on 80's (went off the track straight into a dead juniper tree). Dad pulled it out in the house and then the doc just stripped it and had me put neosporin on it everyday for 2-3 weeks. Not too bad of a scar for how bad it looked at first, but I think my stick was smaller too
https://youtu.be/3ImuTpUYa-4
4/7/2011 6:56pm
GuyB wrote:
Wow, that's gnarly...and he's really lucky. I did something similar while riding in Moab, where I caught a pedal on a rock, and it pitched me...

What trail was that? I will be leaving for Moab next week. I love it there.

Post a reply to: "So i was riding down round the canyon

The Latest