So far this year...

Related:
Create New Tag

2/10/2015 5:19 AM

Who is performing above your pre-seaon expectations?
1) Canard
2) Seely

Who did you think would have been doing better at this point?
1) Millsaps

Who do you expect to turn it up a notch the rest of the season?
1) Dungey
2) Canard

|

2/10/2015 6:05 AM

Above:
1. Bagget - Wasn't expecting anything out of him in 450 sx but i am enjoying his progress.
2. Seely - Doing a bit better then what i expected, hope to see him win one before Vegas.
3. Webb - Knew he was going to be good but not this dominant.
4. Short - I have no idea what his age is but i consider him a veteran now, getting good starts is helping him massively.

Better:
1. Barcia - I hope he gets to turn it around but i am seriously starting to doubt it .. during his 250 days i expected him to be the next big thing in 450 sx ..
2. Millsaps - His Energy Cup win had me excited for him this season, hasn't shown to much (yet)

Turn it up:
1. Tomac - If he wants a legit shot at the red plate he better starts clicking of those wins soon. I have a feeling he'll excell at the east coast dirt.
2. Reed - He runs a big mouth in his interview but isn't really backing it up that much with results honestly .. don't think he'll win one this season but who knows ...

|

2/10/2015 6:14 AM

Sandwarrior752 wrote:

Above:
1. Bagget - Wasn't expecting anything out of him in 450 sx but i am enjoying his progress.
2. Seely - Doing a bit ...more

Yep, I didn't list any 250 class riders but Webb has really shown some dominating qualities so far kind of like Villopoto. He goes to the line every time expecting to not only win but do so in a convincing manner.

|

2/10/2015 6:22 AM

Who is performing above your pre-season expectations?
Bagget for sure, and up until his injury, I would have put Weston Peick up there with him.

Easily, Millsaps. After his MEC performance, I figured him for a few wins this season. Not sure what's going on but, damn. Barcia has basically extended his 2014 season to the Yamaha. I'm a little disappointed with Jason Anderson. He's shown flashes of brilliance, but he can't seem to put it together.

Roczen. I think he'll do what he did in the outdoors. He had a little midseason lull, and then he kicked in the afterburners when it counted. TC41. I think Canard is Roczens biggest threat, not that Dungey isn't, but Canard is dangerous in a different way. Canard will push Roczen, and perhaps, push him out of his comfort zone. Something that Dungey won't do. Dungey could be the benefactor if these two go toe-to-toe.
|

2/10/2015 6:24 AM

Above:
Seely- I think he stayed on a 250 a bit too long, every time hes ridden a 450 he's done well. That said, I really didn't think he would be doing as well as he is right now. He's shown that with a start he has the pace to win and he's really impressed me.
Baggett- I really didn't think he would adapt well to the 450, but have been pleasantly surprised by how well he has gone.
Anderson- Really wasn't paying much attention to him at all pre-season, but been really impressed with how he's taken to the 450

Below:
Tomac- Not had a disastrous start by any means but I thought he'd be much closer to the points lead than he is right now.
Barcia- Really hasn't taken well to the Yam 450, he might get a bit better with time. But he really needs some results

Step It Up:
Tomac- I think he'll be really pissed with how the last few rounds have gone and he'll be determined to turn it around. He's going back to Colorado now and that could be dangerous.
Reed- He has nothing to lose, he's all but out of the title fight so he'll be fired up to get in there and get some wins

|

2/10/2015 6:27 AM

Who is performing better than I expected ?

Jason Anderson: I didn't expect him to be on the podium at A1 and to have than speed. His last results (10/9/10) are what I was waiting from him, but I know now he can do a lot better.
Cole Seely: he had a podium last year soI did know he'll be strong, but his last results (6/5/2/6) are really good.
Cooper Webb: 7/1/1/2/1/1. Expet of A1 were he didn't had the start and get block by somebody, he almost won every main...

Who did I think would have done better ?

Millsaps: I was expeting a lot from him because he was fast at MEC and he seems to be wise. I was epecting him to finish on the top 3 or at least top 5. So bad he's struggling like that.
Hill: again, I was waiting a lot more from him since the MEC. Give this dude a 450 and he'll kill it...

Who will turn it up ?

Both Tomac and Canard. They're not far away from Roczen and Dungey, but they need to do better. Canard had some decent results the last 3 races (1/5/1). It would have been good if he didn't fall trying to pass Seely 2 weeks ago.
Christopher Alldredge: He deserve top 5. His corner speed is really great, he have to learn a little bit still but he got great speed.

|

2/10/2015 6:31 AM

Sandwarrior752 wrote:

Above:

I agree with all of this.

I didn't expect much from Barcia. Every year it seems like he's got one problem after the other. I'm not a hater by any means, but 2 years ago it was that he didn't have man strength yet, then last year it was problems with the suspension. This year, his bike looks very unsorted in the whoops. I know I'm far from a team manager, but if I were on his team, I'd be turning the power down on that bike just to see what happens.

I was really on the Tomac wagon. Still am but I just wish he would quit hitting the ground.

As for Reed, you never really know what Reed is going to show up.

Lastly, Anderson was probably on everyone's radar after A1 but he has fizzled. He's one of the rooks that I really wanted to see come in strong.

|

2/10/2015 6:48 AM

Broc Tickle has ridden better then I thought he would.

Millsaps gets a pass due to illness

I expect the top 5 guys will all step up their game.
1-Dungey
2-Roczen
3-Tomac
4-Canard
and
5-Reed

|

" You thank whoever is up there, every morning you open your eyes, an everyday you can put your body on a motorcycle, thats pretty good enough for me" -Lars Larson

2/10/2015 6:52 AM

Cool thread idea.

|

2/10/2015 7:04 AM

people still counting reed out after hes already proven he can run the pace? I think its only a matter of time until he wins a race.

Barcia- expected what we've got so far. Said it before and ill say it again- he doesn't have what it takes to be champion in the 450 class.

Peick is the biggest surprise for me so far this year. Shame he got injured- short is riding better than expected too, milsaps is a disappointment so far

didn't think webb would be so dominant! very impressive. Tomac seems to be very fast but lacking the consistency- him and roczen are definitely the future. Be rivals for a lot of years indoors and out. Kenny just seems to have the 450 figured out a bit faster than eli.

Trey is about where I expected- be interesting to see where he ends up in the points if he can stay in one piece all year... he's definitely over due an injury free season

|

2/10/2015 7:09 AM

^agreed, I'll add that Bagget has ridden stronger than I thought he would.

|

2/10/2015 7:46 AM

Above:

Mcelrath
Seely
Weimer

Below:

Osborne
Stewart
Barcia
Millsaps
Wilson

Turn it up:

Hansen
Tomac
|

2/10/2015 8:01 AM

TripleFive wrote: Above:

Mcelrath
Seely
Weimer

Below:

Osborne
Stewart
Barcia
Millsaps
Wilson

Turn it up:

Hansen
Tomac

Good call on Mcelrath.

|

2/10/2015 8:14 AM

I've never understood the fascination with Millsaps. He's average at best.

|

I have the right to remain awesome.

2/10/2015 8:25 AM

motosmith wrote:

Didn't he come in 2nd in SX twice? Seems above average. He looked pretty good on that Suzuki before the team changed brands. His MEC finish was impressive as well. What he hasn't done is have the success that he had as an amateur, but that list contains a whole lot of excellent riders.

|

2/10/2015 4:28 PM

Sandwarrior752 wrote:

Above:

IWreckALot wrote:

I agree with all of this.

I didn't expect much from Barcia. Every year it seems like he's got one problem after the other. ...more

I didn't have Anderson up there pre-season but after A1 have expected more. He has had a tough go lately.

|

2/10/2015 4:31 PM

motosmith wrote:

Average? Anyone that QUALIFIES for the night show is FAR beyond average.

|

2/10/2015 11:34 PM

above : shorty , baggett , weimer , peick

would have been better at this point : millsaps & barcia

turning it up : anderson , seely , tomac , dungey , canard , reed , roczen

|

go dungey & roczen

#ChewBroca
so jerking off will help arm pump issues........ sweet lol

2/10/2015 11:38 PM

Who is performing above your pre-season expectations?
Shorty, he's been solid and doing really well against these "young guns".

Millsaps, and also Tomac, really expected more of the "Phoenix" Tomac than what he's been last few rounds.

Tickle, he always builds momentum and should be contending for top 5s later in the year.

|

2/10/2015 11:42 PM

motosmith wrote:

Well there you have it folks. Leading the SX series for the first half of the season is considered average.

|

2/10/2015 11:59 PM

motosmith wrote:

Derpin' DJ wrote:

Well there you have it folks. Leading the SX series for the first half of the season is considered average.

i wouldnt exactly call him average, but he has had factory equiptment for the large majority of his carrer, and to lead the sx series for a few races could be seen as a little bit of under achieving

|

2/11/2015 1:35 AM

Gotta agree about Shorty doing better than I expected but honestly Roczen is.doing far better than I expected. I figured he'd be chasing the title but when he's he gets out front....he's gone baby gone. Having said that Ryan is exactly where I thought he'd be....consistant and sporting a red plate. I was hoping Reed Grant and Mikey would be at least a couple of spots higher.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

2/11/2015 5:26 AM

Above:
Baggett - Didn't expect him to be in the top 10 at all.
Seely - I really like the guy but didnt expect to see him being that consistent.
Nelson - Also didn't expect him to be on the box.

Better:
Millsaps - Somehow I expected him to run in the top 5 each main.
Barcia - Not riding as I have expected.

Step it up:
Seely - He is doing better each race!
Dungey - I feel like he's starting feeling comfortable now that he has the points lead.

|

2/11/2015 5:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/11/2015 5:35 AM

motosmith wrote:

Derpin' DJ wrote:

Stoop wrote:

i wouldnt exactly call him average, but he has had factory equiptment for the large majority of his carrer, and to lead the sx ...more

Mmmm, by that then everyone bar RC, DV, Reed, James, Dunge, Rv and Millsaps have under performed since 2001...

Millsaps has won multiple races, led the series and come 2nd twice, whilst dealing with some horrible injuries. I'm not sayin he's done it all, but he's been great at times, especially when fit and healthy and definitely better than the majority of the field.

Same curse as KW, the ultra talented guys seem to get slagged more than those who make It look hard.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/1/2015 5:23 AM

All of you who listed Baggett as over performing sure had it right. He's having a good run so far.

|

3/1/2015 5:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/1/2015 5:32 AM

above:
Baggett
Reed
Short!!

Below:
Mudflaps
Barcia

Improve:
Kroc