So, does Milestone, Rainbow or anyone else step up and bring us a licensed AMA Motocross video game?

flatout111
Edited Date/Time 7/18/2018 4:17am
I know Davey had said he would be interested and if done correctly (like Milestone does it as a branding) it could be tied hand in hand with the official website and broadcasts and really be a boost to the series from a marketing and merchandising point of view. Something that they are badly in need of, especially merchandising.

I have my doubts, though. I think Milestone has so many things on their plate that I'm not sure they would do it, even though they could easily use the same engine from Pro and they would have the rider scans from MESX.

Rainbow....let's be honest. It's not going to happen from them. They are the same company that said for years that it was absolutely impossible to do a fully licensed Monster Energy Supercross game. Ahem.

I'm pretty much answering my own question but curious on other's opinions. We know MX doesn't generate as much revenue or is as popular as SX but I would think it could still be a profitable venture. Especially if you can use resources already established such as previously acquired code and scans. Pretty much comes to just track photogrammetry.

And yes, tracks are owned by individuals but, by the same token, so are arenas in SX. Milestone def have some skilled licensing employees as they seem to be able to get nearly everything under an umbrella license with both their MXGP series and Monster Energy Supercross the Official Video Game. I know there was no Tomac, Bogle or Geico but seriously they got 99% of everything we saw in the 2017 season right, licensing wise. And the attention to detail still astounds me. Something that has NEVER been done in our sport. #authenticity, boys. Smile

Anyway. Just wanted to start the conversation. Would love to hear DC chime in if he would. Sports gaming is a big business. And yes, we are a blip on the radar compared to the big 4 but it seems to be working quite well for both MXGP and Monster Energy Supercross so why not go for it if you are MX Sports?

IF it happens...and I'm doubtful...I hope it is Milestone as they could pull it off with some of their already acquired resources such as gameplay and rider scanning from their other games. Either that or a whole new entry from a different developer, which seems highly unlikely.

I like MX45 and the team but I just know Rainbow won't do it. They are much smaller now so I somewhat understand but even back in the day of them being bigger they seemed to come up with every excuse in the book to not make it happen.

Thoughts?

|
newmann
7/17/2018 6:06am
What does the AMA have to do with any of this?
kNewc
7/17/2018 6:09am
Milestone already has Monster as a sponsor, if anyone can come close it's them. MX vs ATV already does the track previews on the weekends, I have no idea why they aren't in the game. But it's an arcade game anyway so you are going to get anywhere near a simulator with them. I would say enjoy the MXGP and Supercross series Milestone offers. Great games!
tobz
7/17/2018 6:10am
Milestone and Nordic are currently stuck in a rut of releasing polished turds.

EA sports or codemasters would be fantastic
flatout111
7/17/2018 6:19am
newmann wrote:
What does the AMA have to do with any of this?
Who knows. But that's what it is still officially called so that's why I said that. Maybe Lucas Oil Pro Motocross sounds better? Lol.

The Shop

flatout111
7/17/2018 6:22am
tobz wrote:
Milestone and Nordic are currently stuck in a rut of releasing polished turds.

EA sports or codemasters would be fantastic
Well, we will agree to disagree on this one. MESX is an amazing game and I think the best MX/SX game we have ever had. MXGP Pro is also a very good title. Nothing unprofessional or bad about either, in my opinion.

And I agree. I would love EA or Codemasters to get back into it. I loved EA Supercross 2000 and it's sequel but let's be honest. If EA was to have gotten back into it it would have been for SX. I don't see it happening for either.
Donovan759
7/17/2018 6:30am
What happened to the rumors that THQ Nordic had the licensing for Lucas Oil Moto series and would be bringing out DLC later? It popped up in some facebook comments way back around the time of the release of All Out.

I am more than satisfied w/ the moto games we have gotten from Milestone & Nordic this time around. The only thing I'm really craving at this point is the Lucas Oil Nationals series. Heres to hoping someone brings it to the table sooner rather than later.
fanger
7/17/2018 6:30am
Surely milestone could add the mx series into the next MES game? That would be epic.
danzig138
Fantasy
4080th
7/17/2018 6:39am
How about both studios play nice to each other and do a Collab game. License both SX and MX.

dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
7/17/2018 6:46am
having a great realistic game is priority for sure but with all the online problems people are always having I would just be happy to have the artificial intelligent riders be so damn F'ing fast in a new game that it is almost impossible to beat them when playing offline.
flatout111
7/17/2018 8:09am
rongi#401 wrote:
Who cares, just play mx sim Nationals.
I will. As soon as they train the AI and have a single player worth playing. Smile
flatout111
7/17/2018 8:12am
It can't be any worse than the money i blew on MVA Supercross/Encore. Don't even have it any more. My stupidity.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
2005th
7/17/2018 8:46am
Outdoors have probably less than 25% of the audience of SX that would be in the market for a game and a single outdoor track takes around 4x the budget to create than a SX.

Business-wise, it'll be tough without even getting into the licensing part.

Not impossible, but a challenge. I'd love to see it though.
Davey
7/17/2018 9:22am
I just want a GNCC or some sort of off road video game.
Marty1028
Fantasy
994th
7/17/2018 9:43am
Davey wrote:
+1
flatout111
7/17/2018 10:09am
I just hope that if it does happen it won't be done by Milestone.
You're obviously not a fan. Fair enough. But, with that being said, if it actually has a chance of getting done I'd bet they are the only ones who would do it.
Stuntman949
7/17/2018 10:19am
Davey wrote:
Marty1028 wrote:
+1
New Dakar game is going to be pretty bitchin
Stuntman949
7/17/2018 3:42pm
Video games are stupid.
Video games are stupid.
You are a ray of sunshine on this Forum. Sorry your quad is still down
7/17/2018 4:21pm
Best game ever as far as tracks go. Had to race local tracks at the beginning then there was a full supercross series and a full AMA outdoor series with all the venues. Also your tires and parts would wear out during the series
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
7/17/2018 5:53pm
Best game ever as far as tracks go. Had to race local tracks at the beginning then there was a full supercross series and a full...
Best game ever as far as tracks go. Had to race local tracks at the beginning then there was a full supercross series and a full AMA outdoor series with all the venues. Also your tires and parts would wear out during the series
It was pretty innovative for the time. Corner ruts although already formed made a big difference in corner speed.

Loved that game.
Trevor91
7/17/2018 5:58pm
rongi#401 wrote:
Who cares, just play mx sim Nationals.
amen. and its the most realistic
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
7/17/2018 6:06pm
Best game ever as far as tracks go. Had to race local tracks at the beginning then there was a full supercross series and a full...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
It was pretty innovative for the time. Corner ruts although already formed made a big difference in corner speed.

Loved that game.
They didn't release this in Aus but luckily my brother's mate went to live in Canada for a few months and brought me back a copy. I had to get my Playstation chipped so I could play it. I still have the game but not the PS. It was pretty fucking sweet!

On a side note, I haven't purchased any of the Milestone garbage or All Out.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
7/17/2018 6:13pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Loved that game.
EZZA 95B wrote:
They didn't release this in Aus but luckily my brother's mate went to live in Canada for a few months and brought me back a copy...
They didn't release this in Aus but luckily my brother's mate went to live in Canada for a few months and brought me back a copy. I had to get my Playstation chipped so I could play it. I still have the game but not the PS. It was pretty fucking sweet!

On a side note, I haven't purchased any of the Milestone garbage or All Out.
I remember those days. Friend had his PS1 chipped with a whole bunch of burnt/downloaded games. Could try any game you wanted and scrap it after if you didn't like it. Didn't cost much other than time.

Only consoles I have left are PS3 and PS4. I think a friend has my PS2. Still have most PS1 MX games though.

Any idea why Supercross Circuit wasn't released down under? Hand down, one of the best games of that era.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
7/17/2018 6:17pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I remember those days. Friend had his PS1 chipped with a whole bunch of burnt/downloaded games. Could try any game you wanted and scrap it after...
I remember those days. Friend had his PS1 chipped with a whole bunch of burnt/downloaded games. Could try any game you wanted and scrap it after if you didn't like it. Didn't cost much other than time.

Only consoles I have left are PS3 and PS4. I think a friend has my PS2. Still have most PS1 MX games though.

Any idea why Supercross Circuit wasn't released down under? Hand down, one of the best games of that era.
Because Straya!Laughing Actually I have no idea but this wasn't the only game that wasn't available in the PAL version.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
7/17/2018 6:21pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I remember those days. Friend had his PS1 chipped with a whole bunch of burnt/downloaded games. Could try any game you wanted and scrap it after...

EZZA 95B wrote:
Because Straya!Laughing Actually I have no idea but this wasn't the only game that wasn't available in the PAL version.
So what you're saying is there was a video game blackout lol.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
7/17/2018 6:23pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Laughing That, or we are truely the arse-end of the world.
7/17/2018 7:19pm
Thanks Mr. Wheelie.
I owned half of Idol Minds back in the day, the outfit that made SuperCross Circuit. That project was a real labor of love type deal and the best game I ever made...

Post a reply to: So, does Milestone, Rainbow or anyone else step up and bring us a licensed AMA Motocross video game?

The Latest