So can we remove the * from Dungeys Championship now?

bigborefan
5/1/2011 2:16pm
Mod Killer wrote:
here's the way the asterix works... reed's got 'em cause he's never beat rc or stewart. if he wins this year, it erases them. but considering...
here's the way the asterix works...

reed's got 'em cause he's never beat rc or stewart. if he wins this year, it erases them. but considering what reed has done over his career, the way he pushed rc and later stewart, you almost feel bad at this point applying the asterix (if you believe in that sort of thing). but we'd all be lying if we said it wasnt heavily applied during many bench racing sessions in years past.

by that same logic, dungey's titles from last year have asterix's at this point. i do not believe tho, that it takes anything away from how good he is. he is legitimate member of the fab5 for the foreseeable future. and that is a massive accomplishment. he may not get a lot of respect in the pits for his season long tactics, but a freak incident regarding a chain is the ONLY thing keeping him from being in the points lead right now. everyone elses mistakes were their own doing. he's had a great year and his strategy was no doubt formidable, and after all the shit he took for it in races 1-5, i think a lot of people should be eating crow.

after what weve seen this year, having stewart and reed in the series last year might not have changed things for dungey. he's proven to be right there with reed this year, and he's gonna finish solidly ahead of stewart this year. and im not so sure had villo stayed healthy, that he wouldve eventually won last year. so to answer the original question of this thread, after seeing what ive seen this year, i have a hard time applying a asterix to dungey (or reed for that matter), theyve both proven they can beat the fastest man on the planet.

also, one could make a very solid arguement that if youre a member of the "elite group", you are asterix proof. but again, thats only if you believe in that sort of thing.
I remember one year, Reed beat RC in the last six rounds, I remember RC saying he didn't have anything for him, RC still won the title, but Chumpy Reed is no slouch.

I wonder if Emig got dogged on like this in the MC days. That Emig, what a chump, what a joker. Does he have an asterisks by his titles. Because you know MC got a flat tire in 97 at one round.
morning_stiffy
5/1/2011 2:18pm
Sherwood wrote:
Has he passed any of the top 4 or 3 this year?
He is a complete COMPLETE paper champ. I say that with the most respect to him, but didnt you watch last night? He got left in...
He is a complete COMPLETE paper champ. I say that with the most respect to him, but didnt you watch last night? He got left in the dust... Dungey is 5th fastest rider.
STEWART
Villopoto/Canard (now)
REED
Dungey

I know it wasnt his fault these dudes crashed out last year but still. He will NEVER repeat NEVER win a championship if Stewart, and Villopoto, and even Canard are in the series. And if just one of them does not crash, he has no chance. THATS a Fact. Being consistant pays off.. His one win was JUST BECAUSE (once again) Stewart fell. and VIllo got a bad start.

At this pace, you cant blame the fastest dudes in the world for crashing.
That's a stupid thing to say... I learned that the hard way by doubting Reed this year, and boy has he proved me WRONG!

You do know that if Dungey didnt have a mechanical failure at A2 he would be in the points lead right now? A mechanical failure isnt something a rider can control, crashing is. That just goes to show how consistent RD is, he's 3rd in points, and that includes a DNF at A2...
burnside
5/1/2011 2:30pm
If he had a points lead whos to say he wouldn't have choked and lost even more points? Just throwing it out there Wink
5/1/2011 2:33pm
And if you want to talk about asterisks, what about the year Tortelli was kicking RCs ass until he got hurt. RC admitted he didnt have anything for him so does the GOAT get an * for that one? I dont think so. Tortelli is under rated IMO, after all, he is the ONLY guy who straight up handled both RC and Everts.

The Shop

three9zero
5/1/2011 2:39pm
So if RD is the 4th fastest big bike American racer at the moment, does he go to the Des Nations ? or do you pick RV, JS, or TC. , they are the guys who pass RD and pull away ?
Cigaro
5/1/2011 2:42pm Edited Date/Time 5/1/2011 2:42pm
three9zero wrote:
So if RD is the 4th fastest big bike American racer at the moment, does he go to the Des Nations ? or do you pick...
So if RD is the 4th fastest big bike American racer at the moment, does he go to the Des Nations ? or do you pick RV, JS, or TC. , they are the guys who pass RD and pull away ?
Is the Des Nations gonna be a supercross race this year?
reded
5/1/2011 3:53pm
Sherwood wrote:
Has he passed any of the top 4 or 3 this year?
He is a complete COMPLETE paper champ. I say that with the most respect to him, but didnt you watch last night? He got left in...
He is a complete COMPLETE paper champ. I say that with the most respect to him, but didnt you watch last night? He got left in the dust... Dungey is 5th fastest rider.
STEWART
Villopoto/Canard (now)
REED
Dungey

I know it wasnt his fault these dudes crashed out last year but still. He will NEVER repeat NEVER win a championship if Stewart, and Villopoto, and even Canard are in the series. And if just one of them does not crash, he has no chance. THATS a Fact. Being consistant pays off.. His one win was JUST BECAUSE (once again) Stewart fell. and VIllo got a bad start.

At this pace, you cant blame the fastest dudes in the world for crashing.
If he never wins another title he's still won more titles than 99.99% of the people who have ever set a tire in the dirt. No title deserves an asterisk, no matter what level or form of racing.
mxb2
5/1/2011 3:56pm
three9zero wrote:
So if RD is the 4th fastest big bike American racer at the moment, does he go to the Des Nations ? or do you pick...
Cigaro wrote:
Is the Des Nations gonna be a supercross race this year?
Why put stewarts name in it if he is not even riding outdoors?

Post a reply to: So can we remove the * from Dungeys Championship now?

The Latest