So can we remove the * from Dungeys Championship now?

mxrider225
Fantasy
2876th
Edited Date/Time 1/21/2012 12:23am
Sure maybe RV would have won last year if he didnt crash but he did. And Dungey showed that he has what it takes this year to stick it up there and be close in the end.
|
twister
5/1/2011 8:26am
For some people it will never be removed.He has proven he can hang with the best.
Outsider
5/1/2011 8:27am
There are no asterisks... But, I think you forgot that James and Chad's early exits were most of the reason for that asterisk talk. Dungey is amazingly consistent.. maybe moreso than CR, he just lacks some aggression, imo.
toroP
5/1/2011 8:29am
Why perpetuate this idiotic concept?
jmar
5/1/2011 8:29am
twister wrote:
For some people it will never be removed.He has proven he can hang with the best.
And for others, there never was an asterisk to begin with. ALL championships are earned at this level.

The Shop

Sherwood
5/1/2011 8:44am
Has he passed any of the top 4 or 3 this year?
JLong
5/1/2011 8:56am
Sherwood wrote:
He has in the points a few times.
wow123
5/1/2011 8:58am
Anyone who thinks anyone who won any championship with an * is a fookin idiot.

Anyone disagree?
jmar
5/1/2011 9:11am
Sherwood wrote:
Last year was just that.

Last year.
redrider52
5/1/2011 9:39am
What asterisk? You have to be in it to win it
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/1/2011 9:50am
jmar wrote:
And for others, there never was an asterisk to begin with. ALL championships are earned at this level.
Yeah, they don't hand them out.
Phillips467
5/1/2011 9:50am
I think if you look close enough, you could put an asterik on any championship, which is why the concept is irrelevant. Although it does make for good bench racing.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
5/1/2011 10:02am
I think if you look close enough, you could put an asterik on any championship, which is why the concept is irrelevant. Although it does make...
I think if you look close enough, you could put an asterik on any championship, which is why the concept is irrelevant. Although it does make for good bench racing.
This is so true and in any sport. There are so many variables in any championship that an * is irrelevant.
FARANG
5/1/2011 10:05am
There never was an *

They all lined up and he finished with the most points. It's a long hard season.
catatonic
5/1/2011 10:07am
Outsider wrote:
There are no asterisks... But, I think you forgot that James and Chad's early exits were most of the reason for that asterisk talk. Dungey is...
There are no asterisks... But, I think you forgot that James and Chad's early exits were most of the reason for that asterisk talk. Dungey is amazingly consistent.. maybe moreso than CR, he just lacks some aggression, imo.
agreed.
spd721
5/1/2011 10:26am
I'm just glad that Dungey actually gave a pretty decent interview on the tv coverage.
HOLESHOTmoto
5/1/2011 11:11am
Sherwood wrote:
He is a complete COMPLETE paper champ. I say that with the most respect to him, but didnt you watch last night? He got left in the dust... Dungey is 5th fastest rider.
STEWART
Villopoto/Canard (now)
REED
Dungey

I know it wasnt his fault these dudes crashed out last year but still. He will NEVER repeat NEVER win a championship if Stewart, and Villopoto, and even Canard are in the series. And if just one of them does not crash, he has no chance. THATS a Fact. Being consistant pays off.. His one win was JUST BECAUSE (once again) Stewart fell. and VIllo got a bad start.

At this pace, you cant blame the fastest dudes in the world for crashing.
Cigaro
5/1/2011 12:10pm
Sherwood wrote:
He is a complete COMPLETE paper champ. I say that with the most respect to him, but didnt you watch last night? He got left in...
He is a complete COMPLETE paper champ. I say that with the most respect to him, but didnt you watch last night? He got left in the dust... Dungey is 5th fastest rider.
STEWART
Villopoto/Canard (now)
REED
Dungey

I know it wasnt his fault these dudes crashed out last year but still. He will NEVER repeat NEVER win a championship if Stewart, and Villopoto, and even Canard are in the series. And if just one of them does not crash, he has no chance. THATS a Fact. Being consistant pays off.. His one win was JUST BECAUSE (once again) Stewart fell. and VIllo got a bad start.

Damn dude just how many accounts do you troll from? You had 5-6 over at that other place. I'm willing to bet you got at least 4 here..
chrisbuehler
5/1/2011 12:14pm
STFU. He will never win another title? He's only 20 years old and Canard has never beaten him in any championship by the way.
akmx17
5/1/2011 12:23pm
There is no asterisk.
No such thing a championship is a championship no matter how you win it.
He just proved how boring of a rider he is.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
5/1/2011 12:25pm
There's no such thing as asterisk next to a championship. The rider with the most points at the end of the series is te champ regarldess.

Anyone who says there's and asterisk next to Dungeys championship, is a jaghoff idiot who shouldn't be watching this sport.
chrisbuehler
5/1/2011 12:29pm
He's about to do work come outdoors. Anyone who thinks RV is a lock outdoors, RD is gonna be right there
mxb2
5/1/2011 12:31pm
Jarid332 wrote:
There's no such thing as asterisk next to a championship. The rider with the most points at the end of the series is te champ regarldess...
There's no such thing as asterisk next to a championship. The rider with the most points at the end of the series is te champ regarldess.

Anyone who says there's and asterisk next to Dungeys championship, is a jaghoff idiot who shouldn't be watching this sport.
Roger that! RD earned it , its not his fault he was there everyround! And i am a huge Metty ,RV fan.
5/1/2011 12:47pm
Its not Dungey's fault other people got hurt last year. All you can do is beat everyone that lines up on the gate, thats how racing works and that is exactly what Dungey did, get over it. No, he has not dominated like last year, but he has been right there, and dont forget, if not for his DNF he would be in the points lead right now. Having said that, I think the kid is boring in interviews and needs to loosen up and enjoy himself more.

I have to give him credit, he does do the best Dead Sailors in the business.
HighCam
5/1/2011 12:53pm
mxrider225 wrote:
Sure maybe RV would have won last year if he didnt crash but he did. And Dungey showed that he has what it takes this year...
Sure maybe RV would have won last year if he didnt crash but he did. And Dungey showed that he has what it takes this year to stick it up there and be close in the end.
Just remember that if Dungey's chain didn't derail at Anaheim-2 (causing him to DNF), he would be in the points lead right now. But shit happens.
I think Dungey will be back on top in the years to come. Great Champion.
burnside
5/1/2011 1:25pm
I think Dungey is exactly where he would have been last year if all the top riders were on the line.. top 3-5, consistent, the odd win, lots of points, just slightly of the pace.. His tactics could still work if RV and Reed crash out going for the win next week. But thats hardly a valiant way to win a title eh. I'd like to see Dungey in the mix crashing with them, hypothetically speaking..

I'm curious to see how he does in 2012, I think he'll do a lot better without the crazy pressure and expectations that come with the no1 plate. (presuming he doesn't snag it at Vegas somehow)
Cigaro
5/1/2011 1:28pm
He is a complete COMPLETE paper champ. I say that with the most respect to him, but didnt you watch last night? He got left in...
STEWART
Villopoto/Canard (now)
REED
Dungey

KAWboy14
5/1/2011 1:45pm
mxrider225 wrote:
Sure maybe RV would have won last year if he didnt crash but he did. And Dungey showed that he has what it takes this year...
heeeeellllllllloooooooo anyone home?......wouldnt this years results make the * even bigger than before?
Mod Killer
5/1/2011 1:45pm Edited Date/Time 5/1/2011 1:48pm
here's the way the asterix works...

reed's got 'em cause he's never beat rc or stewart. if he wins this year, it erases them. but considering what reed has done over his career, the way he pushed rc and later stewart, you almost feel bad at this point applying the asterix (if you believe in that sort of thing). but we'd all be lying if we said it wasnt heavily applied during many bench racing sessions in years past.

by that same logic, dungey's titles from last year have asterix's at this point. i do not believe tho, that it takes anything away from how good he is. he is legitimate member of the fab5 for the foreseeable future. and that is a massive accomplishment. he may not get a lot of respect in the pits for his season long tactics, but a freak incident regarding a chain is the ONLY thing keeping him from being in the points lead right now. everyone elses mistakes were their own doing. he's had a great year and his strategy was no doubt formidable, and after all the shit he took for it in races 1-5, i think a lot of people should be eating crow.

after what weve seen this year, having stewart and reed in the series last year might not have changed things for dungey. he's proven to be right there with reed this year, and he's gonna finish solidly ahead of stewart this year. and im not so sure had villo stayed healthy, that he wouldve eventually won last year. so to answer the original question of this thread, after seeing what ive seen this year, i have a hard time applying a asterix to dungey (or reed for that matter), theyve both proven they can beat the fastest man on the planet.

also, one could make a very solid arguement that if youre a member of the "elite group", you are asterix proof. but again, thats only if you believe in that sort of thing.
bigborefan
5/1/2011 2:13pm
Sherwood wrote:
STEWART
Villopoto/Canard (now)
REED
Dungey

So, maybe even I could win a race if Bubbles chokes and RV blows a start?

Post a reply to: So can we remove the * from Dungeys Championship now?

The Latest