So Webb Was Injured Right Before A1...

twotwosix
Edited Date/Time 1/31/2018 4:29am
So I know Cooper broke his hand at the USGP and it took them a bit to have it properly diagnosed and then repaired, but in the RX interview he talks about being injured in December... That would be after he got back on the bike. So I guess those rumors about him hitting the deck hard at the test track were true? Would explain his lackluster start to the year if he was indeed still recovering at the opener... I can't imagine he's has had much time riding healthy since Outdoors... Coming into such an important season (for his career) behind the 8 ball has got to suck. Hopefully he can keep improving again this weekend.

|
NorCal 50+
1/30/2018 12:48pm
No, no, no....everybody here already figured out it was girl problems. (Just like Keefer's diagnosis of Barcia's problems as being female-related).
I never knew girlfriends had such a direct impact on results, but was before the Internet.
akillerwombat
1/30/2018 12:50pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
No, no, no....everybody here already figured out it was girl problems. (Just like Keefer's diagnosis of Barcia's problems as being female-related). I never knew girlfriends had...
No, no, no....everybody here already figured out it was girl problems. (Just like Keefer's diagnosis of Barcia's problems as being female-related).
I never knew girlfriends had such a direct impact on results, but was before the Internet.
Didn't you know?

This is "Vital Permanente". Home to the fastest racers, best doctors, unparalleled psychologist, and top of the line engineers the moto world has ever seen.
tek14
1/30/2018 12:54pm
Maybe Yamaha test track should be safer if hald of their riders hit deck and are hurt/retired before A1?
Webb should be good to go as he said will podium week ago easy...
1/30/2018 12:57pm
tek14 wrote:
Maybe Yamaha test track should be safer if hald of their riders hit deck and are hurt/retired before A1? Webb should be good to go as...
Maybe Yamaha test track should be safer if hald of their riders hit deck and are hurt/retired before A1?
Webb should be good to go as he said will podium week ago easy...
He said easy?

The Shop

twotwosix
1/30/2018 1:00pm
These guys have to hide everything and play tough guy. It's moto bro, if someone knows about your injury, it makes you inferior. Can't talk about your weaknesses in moto, it's taboo...
NorCal 50+
1/30/2018 1:02pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
No, no, no....everybody here already figured out it was girl problems. (Just like Keefer's diagnosis of Barcia's problems as being female-related). I never knew girlfriends had...
Didn't you know? This is "Vital Permanente". Home to the fastest racers, best doctors, unparalleled psychologist, and top of the line engineers the moto world has...
Didn't you know?

This is "Vital Permanente". Home to the fastest racers, best doctors, unparalleled psychologist, and top of the line engineers the moto world has ever seen.
You should head over to non-moto, they've also solved 9/11 and settled once and for all whether there is alien life or not. Woohoo
Premixed112
1/30/2018 1:05pm Edited Date/Time 1/30/2018 1:05pm
If this is true, why not just come out and say that early on so you have an excuse? Instead, there's been a lot of negative talk about him where people are speculating on why he's doing so shitty. The head games of this sport are so odd...
drt410
1/30/2018 1:05pm Edited Date/Time 1/30/2018 1:06pm
I dont remember seeing anyone saying girl problems were why his results were bad but that thats why he was riding aggressive with roczen. Did I miss something?
twotwosix
1/30/2018 1:07pm
drt410 wrote:
I dont remember seeing anyone saying girl problems were why his results were bad but that thats why he was riding aggressive with roczen. Did I...
I dont remember seeing anyone saying girl problems were why his results were bad but that thats why he was riding aggressive with roczen. Did I miss something?
Yeah, in another thread. It was pretty funny. Laughing
TXDirt
1/30/2018 1:13pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
You should head over to non-moto, they've also solved 9/11 and settled once and for all whether there is alien life or not. Woohoo
We also learned over there that Aliens built the pyramids!! Whistling Lol
MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
1/30/2018 1:26pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Didn't you know? This is "Vital Permanente". Home to the fastest racers, best doctors, unparalleled psychologist, and top of the line engineers the moto world has...
Didn't you know?

Something about a garden tool?
agn5009
1/30/2018 2:32pm
I just don't think he's as good as the top 5. I think he's better than what he's shown, but still won't battle much with Tomac, Barcia, musquin, Anderson and Roczen.
twotwosix
1/30/2018 2:57pm
Over half the guys out there are banged-up.
Very true. If Tomac can win with a bruised up body, these guys are lucky he's still hurting some. Eli would be 4 for 4 if he hadn't crashed at A1...
Crush
1/30/2018 3:02pm
Wasn't there a post about him having a big get off in december?
1/30/2018 3:08pm
Over half the guys out there are banged-up.
twotwosix wrote:
Very true. If Tomac can win with a bruised up body, these guys are lucky he's still hurting some. Eli would be 4 for 4 if...
Very true. If Tomac can win with a bruised up body, these guys are lucky he's still hurting some. Eli would be 4 for 4 if he hadn't crashed at A1...
Well he didn’t even race Houston so we can’t say he’d be 4/4
kiwifan
1/30/2018 3:26pm
TXDirt wrote:
well you learn something everyday on Vital
Mit12
1/30/2018 3:41pm
It is not the Yamaha, it is not that Webb is overrated. It comes down to confidence, Barcia has it and Webb don’t.
I use Barcia as an example because he struggled on factory Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki. Now he is back on Yamaha and he is doing great. If you have Webbs talent It’s all about believing in your self, program and team.
Naanak
1/30/2018 4:49pm
He was only on the bike about two weeks before A1.
Racer111
1/30/2018 4:56pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
They do. Don’t you remember how bad Millsaps was riding when he was going through all that crap with His fiancé and Tickle?

When you’re making a ton of money and young, women CAN throw a wrench in to your program. Remember we are dealing with a 19 -24 year old maturity level. Make fun of these guys all you like, but the shit is real. They are human just like we are.
kiwifan
1/30/2018 6:38pm
Mit12 wrote:
It is not the Yamaha, it is not that Webb is overrated. It comes down to confidence, Barcia has it and Webb don’t. I use Barcia...
It is not the Yamaha, it is not that Webb is overrated. It comes down to confidence, Barcia has it and Webb don’t.
I use Barcia as an example because he struggled on factory Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki. Now he is back on Yamaha and he is doing great. If you have Webbs talent It’s all about believing in your self, program and team.
to be fair he won some races on the Honda 450 (may not of been 100% comfortable on the old gen machine but he won), he won 1 outdoor on the Yam and nothing on the zook. ...please vital correct me if I am wrong
Joko
Fantasy
190th
1/30/2018 6:41pm
Naanak wrote:
He was only on the bike about two weeks before A1.
What was the injury he had that preventing him from riding to only 2 weeks before A1?
1/30/2018 6:49pm
Webb has a history of underrating injuries, I remember a few years ago when he broke his wrist on his 250cc..he kept getting asked if it was ok, he would say yeah nothing wrong when clearly there was....good on him i think, he's tough.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
1/30/2018 6:50pm Edited Date/Time 1/30/2018 6:54pm
I hypothesize his scaphoid has never really healed. Add a 450 to the mix, with more weight and power, and one may have an even bigger issue. Not that its a panacea, but it could be more of a problem than we might think.

Vital disclaimer: I didnt speak in absolutes.
FCTRY
1/30/2018 7:19pm
I'm pretty sure that half of the vital pontification about head space, bikes not being good enough, girl problems, etc, is actually just injuries that aren't getting talked about. Not that all those things don't happen and have an effect, but if speed just suddenly evaporates for no good reason, it's not that hard to guess why that might be the case. In moto you can plant a foot wrong and tear a meniscus without crashing or even slowing down, and all of a sudden you are dealing with a pretty significant training obstacle.
Racer111
1/30/2018 7:32pm
kzizok wrote:
I hypothesize his scaphoid has never really healed. Add a 450 to the mix, with more weight and power, and one may have an even bigger...
I hypothesize his scaphoid has never really healed. Add a 450 to the mix, with more weight and power, and one may have an even bigger issue. Not that its a panacea, but it could be more of a problem than we might think.

His scaphoid has nothing to do with it. He killed everyone in the outdoors a month after he broke it.

I had to have mine completely rebuilt. An 8 hour surgery, 7 months in a cast and 6 months of physical therapy after the cast came off. I can ride all day long on a 450 with no issues from my wrist. I got a nice little 6 inch scar for the rest of my life, but I’m thankful it was fixed.

kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
1/30/2018 7:44pm Edited Date/Time 1/30/2018 7:50pm
kzizok wrote:
I hypothesize his scaphoid has never really healed. Add a 450 to the mix, with more weight and power, and one may have an even bigger...

Racer111 wrote:
His scaphoid has nothing to do with it. He killed everyone in the outdoors a month after he broke it. I had to have mine completely...
His scaphoid has nothing to do with it. He killed everyone in the outdoors a month after he broke it.

I had to have mine completely rebuilt. An 8 hour surgery, 7 months in a cast and 6 months of physical therapy after the cast came off. I can ride all day long on a 450 with no issues from my wrist. I got a nice little 6 inch scar for the rest of my life, but I’m thankful it was fixed.

I hear you and understand what you are saying and am sincerely happy with your success. However, your success doesnt mean he has had the same. As a matter of fact, scaphoid injuries continue to have more failures than successes. We all heal differently and face different variables along the way, all which affect the healing process. Did he have a cast on for 7 months and 6 months of PT? Did his continue to fracture? Is it a perpetual non-union? Did necrosis set in? If any of those are factors, then the bigger 450 could precipitate matters further.

Like I said, its just a hypothesis and not a pancea. Its pure speculation, either way, without having first hand knowledge. At the end of the day, we cant define it as having something or nothing to do with it, in absolute terms.
dkg
1/30/2018 7:48pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
You guys obviously didn’t see Stargate. Too busy torquing sprocket bolts? Laughing
gnarwhip
1/30/2018 8:39pm
Good thing he stayed mellow under the radar and didn't try to take out Kenny at his comeback race...oh wait

Post a reply to: So Webb Was Injured Right Before A1...

The Latest