So "The Man" screwed over James and the rest of the WORLD

oldAFI
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:00am
Every moto enthusiast in the world desires to see how Stewart would fair at the MXDN. James carries with him the most anticipation of any American rider (as the Unadilla hype showed), and his carreer proves he's the most dominant rider America has to currently offer. Who wouldn't wanna watch such a pleasurable talent ride?

Yet because of DeCoster and whatever cryptic beef he has with the Stewart camp he has decided to deprive moto-fans worldwide of Stewart's awe-inspiring skills. Isn't the whole point of the DesNations to see how the best of each country stack up??

|
bd
8/17/2010 9:07pm
This is going to be interesting.
rc4187
8/17/2010 9:10pm
Dominant? That was so 2 years ago. 3 1/2 races in a year and winning 1 or 2 does not make you dominant.
8/17/2010 9:11pm
7 - 15 pages for this thread?
jeffro503
8/17/2010 9:13pm
NO! Now shut up and log off!

I didn't realize you knew more then Roger does about organizing a race team? Some team should put you on the payroll ASAP!

Short is a "for sure" thing in the MXoN's race because he is so God Damn consistent!

Stewart is to much of a wild card right now with his fitness and shitty bike setups. He'll have another chance next year if he races the nationals.

Short deserves this chance! he is second in points and right now would be considered the 2nd best 450 rider in the states behind Dungey. YES....Stewart is faster.....but it's a gamble using him for this race , because who knows if he'll even be healthy when the MXoN's comes around??

Let Stewart go back to the SX stuff he loves so much. I'd love to see him do a full national tour and get picked........but do you see him doing that?

I DON'T!.....why?.....because his contract is for SX only! AND it's what HE WANTED!

Some of you guys are like talking to a fucking rock......just not "gettin' it!"

The Shop

oldAFI
8/17/2010 9:15pm

And here's a bear, just to get that crap outta the way...
grover738
8/17/2010 9:16pm
Yeah, that damn DeCoster. What does he know? What has he ever done for Team USA?

Someone buy him some bus fair and send him home.
oldAFI
8/17/2010 9:34pm
grover738 wrote:
Yeah, that damn DeCoster. What does he know? What has he ever done for Team USA?

I realize he's the best in the business, but sometimes even the best can make a misguided decision. After all, Stewart draws huge crowds and has raced under much tougher pressure than we've seen Short crack under.

Roger's not a bad guy and I'm not gonna hate on him, but as a fan I feel it would be better for the whole sport if he rode, and personally, like the millions of other fans worldwide, I just wanna see him ride.
swizcore
8/17/2010 9:37pm
oldAFI wrote:
[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTE4V1EGGOurvi_ObzKIBHn4pPaA3mdS_kqcJdgzRK5eauxVwA&t=1&usg=__5wqi95Cyfdvk15E-FBFLK2_-87c=[/img] And here's a bear, just to get that crap outta the way...

And here's a bear, just to get that crap outta the way...
Actually, you got the crap outta the way with the first post.
jndmx
8/17/2010 9:38pm
grover738 wrote:

oldAFI wrote:
I realize he's the best in the business, but sometimes even the best can make a misguided decision. After all, Stewart draws huge crowds and has...
I realize he's the best in the business, but sometimes even the best can make a misguided decision. After all, Stewart draws huge crowds and has raced under much tougher pressure than we've seen Short crack under.

Roger's not a bad guy and I'm not gonna hate on him, but as a fan I feel it would be better for the whole sport if he rode, and personally, like the millions of other fans worldwide, I just wanna see him ride.
Didn't you watch Unadilla....he just rode there.
oldAFI
8/17/2010 9:39pm
grover738 wrote:

oldAFI wrote:
I realize he's the best in the business, but sometimes even the best can make a misguided decision. After all, Stewart draws huge crowds and has...

jndmx wrote:
...in the olympics of motocross, against the world best...
swizcore
8/17/2010 9:46pm
oldAFI wrote:

jndmx wrote:
oldAFI wrote:
...in the olympics of motocross, against the world best...
Ok, so let me get this right, he came out to his first MX race in two years, didn't have the fitness to finish in a race where he had absolutely no pressure, and you want to award him a position on the team in a race which has more pressure than any other mx race in existence?

Crackpot logic.
plowboy
8/17/2010 9:48pm
This was/is a no win for Roger...if he doesn't pick Stewie he's got an "agenda". If he does and James steps on his pecker then Roger sabotaged the team. Every real moto head in the world wants to see Bubba out there but Roger has the responsibility and experience to do this...I trust him to take it seriously and make the right choices. His track record is better than fair.
redrider400
8/17/2010 9:55pm
oldAFI wrote:
Every moto enthusiast in the world desires to see how Stewart would fair at the MXDN. James carries with him the most anticipation of any American...
Every moto enthusiast in the world desires to see how Stewart would fair at the MXDN. James carries with him the most anticipation of any American rider (as the Unadilla hype showed), and his carreer proves he's the most dominant rider America has to currently offer. Who wouldn't wanna watch such a pleasurable talent ride?

Yet because of DeCoster and whatever cryptic beef he has with the Stewart camp he has decided to deprive moto-fans worldwide of Stewart's awe-inspiring skills. Isn't the whole point of the DesNations to see how the best of each country stack up??

As weird as this seems, I completely agree. The best of the best should go. Like him or not, he just came back and was faster than everyone but Dungey. You cant argue with the facts. I feel like its a disservice to american MX by not letting him go. As much as I hate to say it, short will be lucky to get a top 5. The only thing that he has going for him, is that its his home track so I can be proven wrong, which I hope that I am.
Team Euro
8/17/2010 9:56pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2010 9:57pm
Both Bubba and Decoster are sitting pretty right now. Bubba because he can always say that the USA didn't podium because he wasn't there, nice and smooth. Decoster can always say the same, he picked the best team with what he had at the moment, both get to sidestep the non podium finish this year,,,sweet
Grendel
8/17/2010 10:00pm
Did Decoster confirm anywhere that he misled Stewart or whoever is Stewart's handler into believing he'd pick him for the MXDN team if he showed up at Unadilla?
jeffro503
8/17/2010 10:00pm
Team Euro wrote:
Both Bubba and Decoster are sitting pretty right now. Bubba because he can always say that the USA didn't podium because he wasn't there, nice and...
Both Bubba and Decoster are sitting pretty right now. Bubba because he can always say that the USA didn't podium because he wasn't there, nice and smooth. Decoster can always say the same, he picked the best team with what he had at the moment, both get to sidestep the non podium finish this year,,,sweet
You haven't bought that gun yet?
race
8/17/2010 10:01pm
oldAFI wrote:
Every moto enthusiast in the world desires to see how Stewart would fair at the MXDN. James carries with him the most anticipation of any American...

Since you're such an expert on DeCoster why don't you repeat to us the reasons he gave for choosing Short.

All of them.

Team Euro
8/17/2010 10:01pm
Roger was smiling like a kid with Clement in his pit....you can take the man out of his country, but.....Roger could envision a Belguim.Team in his pit..he be happy man then.
Yaya
Fantasy
2551st
8/17/2010 10:02pm
Wooo the shit storm this one is about to be!
plowboy
8/17/2010 10:10pm
Team Euro wrote:
Roger was smiling like a kid with Clement in his pit....you can take the man out of his country, but.....Roger could envision a Belguim.Team in his...
Roger was smiling like a kid with Clement in his pit....you can take the man out of his country, but.....Roger could envision a Belguim.Team in his pit..he be happy man then.
I don't think Roger is the only one who'd like to have him. Roger probably got a little kick out of having someone to talk to in the old native tongue.
Team Euro
8/17/2010 10:23pm
Team Euro wrote:
Roger was smiling like a kid with Clement in his pit....you can take the man out of his country, but.....Roger could envision a Belguim.Team in his...
plowboy wrote:
I don't think Roger is the only one who'd like to have him. Roger probably got a little kick out of having someone to talk to...
I don't think Roger is the only one who'd like to have him. Roger probably got a little kick out of having someone to talk to in the old native tongue.
Clement, deDycker and Roelants in Decosters stable......domination and Belguim Sprack...
Jason123
8/17/2010 10:48pm
oldAFI wrote:

As weird as this seems, I completely agree. The best of the best should go. Like him or not, he just came back and was faster...
As weird as this seems, I completely agree. The best of the best should go. Like him or not, he just came back and was faster than everyone but Dungey. You cant argue with the facts. I feel like its a disservice to american MX by not letting him go. As much as I hate to say it, short will be lucky to get a top 5. The only thing that he has going for him, is that its his home track so I can be proven wrong, which I hope that I am.
What was his overall result at Unadilla again? Does the DesNations have one or two motos?
Cigaro
8/17/2010 10:55pm
oldAFI wrote:

Hanaa80
8/17/2010 11:39pm
Jason123 wrote:
What was his overall result at Unadilla again? Does the DesNations have one or two motos?
The team was announced before moto 1, wasn't it?
8/17/2010 11:52pm
oldAFI wrote:

DeCoster has a cryptic beef with the stewart camp? You nailed it oldafi , Why risk getting his boy Dungey pissed and screw up his winning streak. Dungey may act like he's cool with js7 but there is still bad blood there. Maybe roger is crytpticly still pissed at brooks and doesnt' want to be on his same team and hear him whinning.I hope Stewart is at the top of his game next year and represents team USA. Till then , Go Short, Dungey and Canard.
phudsport
8/18/2010 12:11am
Either it's DeCoster, the AMA or some very smart and manipulative orchestrator interested in keeping a sx-only guy away from what's probably the most important outdoor mx race on the globe. James is not stupid and I believe he understands very well that a public complaint is a good idea for a guy in his position only with solid evidences in his hands.

It would be interesting to hear more about the deal the AMA apparently had with Stewart or his team to include him in a 5-guy lineup of preselected riders to be announced at Unadilla from which they would eventually have chosen the final 3-member team USA (after Southwick or something like that?). That original plan immediately explains the weird AMA 'announcement of an announcement' PR they released before Unadilla that said the fans would know more about the 2010 Team USA at that very race (yeah, it didn't say that at Unadilla they would announce the team). Then the sudden change of program and the cold shower for Stewart only a couple days before the race of his come back. What a funny coincidence.

I bet we won't hear more on the whole deal, and sure we won't know the name of the gentleman who orchestrated the betrayal after James was promised he had a shot to Team USA.

DG014
8/18/2010 12:40am
By the time the MXDN rolls around,James will be the fastest rider in the world again.Don't care what sport you do, it,ll take a while to get back up there, he,s already got Short covered, Dungey, Canard and Stewart....hard to beat!!
JB 19
8/18/2010 1:02am
Hanging out in here is like accidentally going out in the 125 C practice..........you really truely wonder how so many guys could have just bought their first bike yesterday.
8/18/2010 1:51am
Just listen to "The Man" and leave it there!

If all the experience of himself and the huge entourage around him can't set up a bike for that 2nd Moto It's a piss poor show,especially after practice at the track and at home etc,lame excuse I think

Short is a solid,safe bet it couldn't be a better track for him,Stewart has had bike time at home and you can still train heaps with a broken wrist,even if you can't beat bike time,he'd always be a gamble,what if he could only put in 1 good race? It'd mean his other was dropped putting more pressure on the other guys
oldAFI
8/18/2010 2:35am
Just listen to "The Man" and leave it there! If all the experience of himself and the huge entourage around him can't set up a bike...
Just listen to "The Man" and leave it there!

If all the experience of himself and the huge entourage around him can't set up a bike for that 2nd Moto It's a piss poor show,especially after practice at the track and at home etc,lame excuse I think

Short is a solid,safe bet it couldn't be a better track for him,Stewart has had bike time at home and you can still train heaps with a broken wrist,even if you can't beat bike time,he'd always be a gamble,what if he could only put in 1 good race? It'd mean his other was dropped putting more pressure on the other guys
Ya ya Short is solid, but even Short has said Stewart's in a different league as a rider. It's like plowboy posted:

"Every real moto head in the world wants to see Bubba out there"

Post a reply to: So "The Man" screwed over James and the rest of the WORLD

The Latest