So Stewart....this is it? This is the end?

jeffro503
8/19/2014 9:31pm Edited Date/Time 8/27/2014 1:14am
A couple weeks ago I got slammed on by the elite few luvva's on here for me saying I thought James was being a puss. Wasn't saying he was one.....only thought that he was acting like one. I apologize for saying it the way i did and it was no real disrespect from me....I was just frustrated seeing the guy sit at home. I want to see James out there racing , not sitting at home.....but if something is bugging him then I understand.

This is coming from a personal aspect in my life , where my buddies ask me to go riding , I say no....they call me a puss. When one of my buddies says " I'm not riding this weekend , I have to work in the garden "....I call him a puss. We all know we are going to get shit from our buddies....and that's why I love em!

I didn't want to see the James go out like this. I saw this as a last ditch opportunity for him to get out there and show everyone why we all want him out there.

If he doesn't get to race this weekend......then what? If he's banned from SX for 2 - 4yrs then what? Will he still be eligible to race the nationals next summer? I'm just trying to wrap my head around this stupid anti doping thing that is making one of our legendary riders step away from the sport.

" I think ".....most of us on here were pushing for the drug testing......and maybe not fully understanding what the outcome would really be? Like we all wanted to know if someone was breaking the rules.......but we don't want to lose any riders to it? I was in that boat. I wanted the drug testing.......but didn't want any of our riders to lose their career over it.

There has to be a better solution than this. There has to be!
|
me_da_racer
8/19/2014 9:40pm
Someone said he did an interview the other day. Anyone have the link?
Mickolobe7
8/19/2014 9:49pm
jeffro503 wrote:
A couple weeks ago I got slammed on by the elite few luvva's on here for me saying I thought James was being a puss. Wasn't...
A couple weeks ago I got slammed on by the elite few luvva's on here for me saying I thought James was being a puss. Wasn't saying he was one.....only thought that he was acting like one. I apologize for saying it the way i did and it was no real disrespect from me....I was just frustrated seeing the guy sit at home. I want to see James out there racing , not sitting at home.....but if something is bugging him then I understand.

This is coming from a personal aspect in my life , where my buddies ask me to go riding , I say no....they call me a puss. When one of my buddies says " I'm not riding this weekend , I have to work in the garden "....I call him a puss. We all know we are going to get shit from our buddies....and that's why I love em!

I didn't want to see the James go out like this. I saw this as a last ditch opportunity for him to get out there and show everyone why we all want him out there.

If he doesn't get to race this weekend......then what? If he's banned from SX for 2 - 4yrs then what? Will he still be eligible to race the nationals next summer? I'm just trying to wrap my head around this stupid anti doping thing that is making one of our legendary riders step away from the sport.

" I think ".....most of us on here were pushing for the drug testing......and maybe not fully understanding what the outcome would really be? Like we all wanted to know if someone was breaking the rules.......but we don't want to lose any riders to it? I was in that boat. I wanted the drug testing.......but didn't want any of our riders to lose their career over it.

There has to be a better solution than this. There has to be!
I understand exactly where you are coming from! I want to see him out racing every weekend for the next 3 years or more. The anti doping is good but its not like he was taking HGH or anything to do with performance enhancing drugs. Give him a fine and call it a day. If he is getting it from a dr and has a legit script then so be it. His fault for not looking into the anti doping rule book and letting them know. But don't end his career over it.

The sport would loss huge from it if thats how it goes down. I think he is mentally screwed up from it and if he doesn't get cleared from this whole thing I don't think we would see him ride the outdoors if he could because he feels he let to many people down specially his fans.

I hope to hear good news soon here and watch him race the last race and get cleared and see him at A1!

The Shop

scooter5002
8/19/2014 9:57pm Edited Date/Time 8/19/2014 9:58pm
The one thing I don't understand is that everyone knew the testing thing was coming. Why didn't James' people have their ducks in a row, and have that damned TUE in place like it should have been? It would be sad to see him leave the sport under this black cloud, he's given the fans of moto a lot of excitement over the years. Hell, I wasn't a fan for a long time, but he does deserve a more gracious exit than this, if it is indeed the end.
nytsmaC
8/19/2014 10:09pm
Well said Jeffro, he broke the rules but I don't think there was any cheating going on. Hopefully he gets a fine and is not suspended.

How's the liver and that sweet new RM250, did you ride it yet?
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2671st
8/19/2014 10:18pm
On the PulpMX show Matthes said he thinks James won't miss any races, but who knows. I think James attorneys have told him not to talk about it until everything is settled in hearings etc..

I wonder if every rider that has ADHD has gotten a TUE, or just hasn't been tested yet.

The bright side is we have plenty of fast riders to watch when him or any other rider is out.
8/19/2014 10:51pm
The one thing I don't understand is that everyone knew the testing thing was coming. Why didn't James' people have their ducks in a row, and...
The one thing I don't understand is that everyone knew the testing thing was coming. Why didn't James' people have their ducks in a row, and have that damned TUE in place like it should have been? It would be sad to see him leave the sport under this black cloud, he's given the fans of moto a lot of excitement over the years. Hell, I wasn't a fan for a long time, but he does deserve a more gracious exit than this, if it is indeed the end.
"Why didn't James' people have their ducks in a row, and have that damned TUE in place like it should have been?"

Simple.

James' team was either incompetent or they were trying to game the system. My guess is the former which begs the question: what else are these people screwing up for him?

If after being appraised many times of the testing policies and after being urged to check the Banned Substances List Team JSE neglected to file a TUE for a powerful amphetamine which was clearly banned then there are likely other affairs that are being neglected by James' handlers.

It seems to me like James has been hiring his friends rather than professionals.
IceMan446
8/19/2014 11:01pm
First time offenders in other sports get a 4 game suspension.

WADA nor USADA determine the suspension. Not sure why the 2-4 years thing comes up.

They are there to aid the sanctioning body and the final say comes from the sanctioning body.

He broke the rules, there should be some sort of punishment.

I just dont think a year long ban is justifiable.
The Rock
8/19/2014 11:05pm
The one thing I don't understand is that everyone knew the testing thing was coming. Why didn't James' people have their ducks in a row, and...
Everyone one knew testing was coming. Say what? Testing in SX was business as usual but 2014 is first year for Nationals.
Moto75
8/19/2014 11:46pm
I wouldn't overthink it, it's a crap shoot of how it will flush out. If I had to put money on it, I'd say that Green Talks. James fills the seats - plain & simple. If Wada finds James guilty, I suspect the AMA & Feld will look to give WADA the boot in support of James. After all James helps line their pockets. I don't mean that in any sort of derogatory way towards Stewart - huge fan of his racing.
Rumple4skin
8/20/2014 12:38am
I'm sure he will be lining up at A1. I don't think anyone wants to ban him from racing for any amount of time. Nobody wins in that scenario. But I do think he is nearing the end regardless. He still tries to race like he is 18, when he had unearthly reaction time and skills, but he's crashed so many times, in such spectacular fashion, he doesn't have that reaction time anymore. Now he is a fast racer, but not a champion. Rarely a winner. Often a crasher. I've always been a huge fan of his and I hate to see the way his career is winding down.
Spydee
8/20/2014 12:45am
I'm sure he will be lining up at A1. I don't think anyone wants to ban him from racing for any amount of time. Nobody wins...
I'm sure he will be lining up at A1. I don't think anyone wants to ban him from racing for any amount of time. Nobody wins in that scenario. But I do think he is nearing the end regardless. He still tries to race like he is 18, when he had unearthly reaction time and skills, but he's crashed so many times, in such spectacular fashion, he doesn't have that reaction time anymore. Now he is a fast racer, but not a champion. Rarely a winner. Often a crasher. I've always been a huge fan of his and I hate to see the way his career is winding down.
Rarely a winner?... You know he switched to Suzuki, right?
Rumple4skin
8/20/2014 12:56am
@Spydee: How many times has he won over the last two or three seasons, compared to his Kawasaki days? That's what I'm saying. Every time he is on a track you know he is just about to crash. Now when he wins it's a huge deal. Even he is surprised by it. Do I know he switched to Suzuki? I am assuming that's your brilliant way of being sarcastic. YOU know he used to win lots of races and championships, right?
8/20/2014 1:28am Edited Date/Time 8/20/2014 1:33am
TripleFive wrote:
[i]"Why didn't James' people have their ducks in a row, and have that damned TUE in place like it should have been?"[/i] Simple. James' team was...
"Why didn't James' people have their ducks in a row, and have that damned TUE in place like it should have been?"

Simple.

James' team was either incompetent or they were trying to game the system. My guess is the former which begs the question: what else are these people screwing up for him?

If after being appraised many times of the testing policies and after being urged to check the Banned Substances List Team JSE neglected to file a TUE for a powerful amphetamine which was clearly banned then there are likely other affairs that are being neglected by James' handlers.

It seems to me like James has been hiring his friends rather than professionals.
He probably didn't think he needed a TUE. He'd been tested before and no problem. I'm in a DOT covered industry and I get tested, and I occasionally have to take pain meds and muscle relaxers (for a neck disc issue) that show up as opiates, and I don't pre-inform the testing people because I never come up positive. I can see James Stewart being in the same situation. He took a legally prescribed drug that had never shown up as positive in a test and probably didn't think much about it. And it could be the end of his career. This is the dark side of drug testing - it's not simply a cae of "if you're positive, you're a cheater and a danger to the sport".

As for he OP, I agree completely. James Stewart, just like everyone else, will retire one day - but I don't want to see him retire like this. He's one of the greats and I want to see him retire on his own terms.
Fraser
8/20/2014 1:39am Edited Date/Time 8/20/2014 1:47am
IceMan446 wrote:
First time offenders in other sports get a 4 game suspension. WADA nor USADA determine the suspension. Not sure why the 2-4 years thing comes up...
First time offenders in other sports get a 4 game suspension.

WADA nor USADA determine the suspension. Not sure why the 2-4 years thing comes up.

They are there to aid the sanctioning body and the final say comes from the sanctioning body.

He broke the rules, there should be some sort of punishment.

I just dont think a year long ban is justifiable.
As I saw it the FIM determine the punishment. WADA may step in to appeal that if they feel it was unduly lenient as they want to maintain some parity across other sports. Also he's only allowed to ride now because of the loophole that he's only 'provisionally suspended'. If that becomes a full ban he won't be allowed to ride outdoors either for the period of the ban.

Here's a previous case to consider- Anthony West from 2012. THe FIM gave him a month ban for a stimulant. WADA appealed to the CAS asking for it to be 2 years. The ban was increased to 18 months. Not saying anything about this case is the same, but it shows how the system works

http://www.fim-live.com/fileadmin/alfresco/Doping_-_Decision_of_the_Cou…
Spydee
8/20/2014 1:49am
@Spydee: How many times has he won over the last two or three seasons, compared to his Kawasaki days? That's what I'm saying. Every time he...
@Spydee: How many times has he won over the last two or three seasons, compared to his Kawasaki days? That's what I'm saying. Every time he is on a track you know he is just about to crash. Now when he wins it's a huge deal. Even he is surprised by it. Do I know he switched to Suzuki? I am assuming that's your brilliant way of being sarcastic. YOU know he used to win lots of races and championships, right?
You can't compare his stats from a decade ago to his performances to date. The man himself, the tracks, the bikes, the competitors are completely different in the modern era compared to back then.
Thelen20
8/20/2014 2:02am
Someone said he did an interview the other day. Anyone have the link?
go buy the september issue of transworld to read the interview
agn5009
8/20/2014 5:08am
TripleFive wrote:
[i]"Why didn't James' people have their ducks in a row, and have that damned TUE in place like it should have been?"[/i] Simple. James' team was...

Simple.

Your last sentence is the exact truth. Friends over professionals.
mac3-d
8/20/2014 6:08am
He may already know his punishment & if it is say (150 days ) which is 5 months could he back date it meaning he'll be ready for A1 ?
TommyLee93
8/20/2014 6:24am
Moto75 wrote:
I wouldn't overthink it, it's a crap shoot of how it will flush out. If I had to put money on it, I'd say that Green...
I wouldn't overthink it, it's a crap shoot of how it will flush out. If I had to put money on it, I'd say that Green Talks. James fills the seats - plain & simple. If Wada finds James guilty, I suspect the AMA & Feld will look to give WADA the boot in support of James. After all James helps line their pockets. I don't mean that in any sort of derogatory way towards Stewart - huge fan of his racing.
Pretty sure the attendance will be fine without JS7.
davistld01
8/20/2014 6:31am Edited Date/Time 8/20/2014 6:33am
TripleFive wrote:

Simple.

agn5009 wrote:
Your last sentence is the exact truth. Friends over professionals.
Most of Team James Stewart, Team JSE or whatever has always been made up of friends & not hired professionals. That's probably why nobody has had to stand for this except James. It's why he got emotional in that TWMX interview when he said he hoped it didn't negatively effect anyone around him, IMO. Heck, it could have been his Mom, his fiancé, or Big James for all we know. But James has to fall on the sword because he doesn't want to give anybody up. The buck stops with him, right or wrong. You have to appreciate the mans loyalty.

Jeffro...for one of the first times ever, I totally & completely agree with your opening post. Why not just fine the crap out if him, and let's get on with business. To bring down such a tremendous asset to our sport this way is just not fair & not the honorable thing to do. For him to have this petty crap tarnish his legacy is ridiculous. I have been & am a huge fan of James, and I hope we see him at A1 having shaken this off and ready to ride like Bubba.
fidiot
8/20/2014 7:41am
I'd really hate to see his career end like this. It is just such a negative situation. I truly hope he comes back and wins at least one more title in SX or MX before retiring. That would allow him to retire on a positive note, which I think is very important.
h&m_cycle
8/20/2014 7:44am
thought he was racin' in Utah.
WRH
8/20/2014 7:55am
I'm ready for some more Stewart action, he may not be what he was in his youth, but I watch him to do the amazing things he does when he's riding. And eventually he will retire..If any of ya'll are old enough to have watched Bob Hannah ride before his broken leg in a water skiing accident, then you understand, the guy was phenomenal. It's fantastic entertainment.
Ing
8/20/2014 8:02am
Do we even know it was adderal he was prescribed or caught with? All I ever heard was stimulant, lots of different stimulants. Ask Chael Sonnen how that leniency thing is going. What's with all the secrecy? We don't know if he's suspended, hurt, sick, upset or some other mysterious illness. Is he still taking the stimulant? Was the TUE ever applied for? What was the TUE suppose to be covering, dates etc. Lots of questions, few answers.
DownSouth
8/20/2014 8:05am
Stewart is not serving a secret suspension right now.

The team is waiting for him to say he is ready to race. Weigandt said he talked to team Suzuki truck driver Shane Nalley at the Indiana race and Nalley said the rig has been parked in Indiana at his home and has been there since before Unadilla. The team was ready to go to Unadilla or Indiana if the rider would race. Nalley said he will be driving west this week but did not know if he would be going to Utah or straight back to the race shop in Cali.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
8/20/2014 8:20am
So you think he got a pit board on the first lap of the 2nd moto in Millville that said "your suspension starts now"?

Post a reply to: So Stewart....this is it? This is the end?

The Latest