So Roczen is pretty fast again

drt410
Edited Date/Time 7/23/2018 2:50am
Every week now Roczen is getting closer and closer to being his former self. This weekend he was even able to hold off Eli for a while again. We all know Eli and Roczen at 100% strength are the 2 fastest guys out there... How long do you guys think it will be before its him vs Eli instead of Eli vs Musquin? A few more races? The end of the season? Or the start of supercross... Its coming I just wonder how soon. Marvin has never been faster than either of them throughout his entire career until Kennys injuries and its looking like Roczen is rounding back into form. Hell Kenny was even faster than Eli at many points in his career. These two are in a different league when both at full strength and I cant wait to see when both are in top form at the same time again as before it was Eli that was injured when Roczen was in top form.
|
JoePit
7/22/2018 12:30pm Edited Date/Time 7/22/2018 12:32pm
He'll be good to go by Supercross. I don't care what he or anyone says but at least 1, if not both of those arms has to be getting sore out there. That 1st injury needs a good 2 years to completely recover from.
cbuehler767
7/22/2018 12:30pm
You could argue Roczen and Eli have never faced off against each other healthy on 450's. 2016 Roczen was at the top of his game and Eli was coming off shoulder surgery. This yr Eli is on it and we all know the story with Kenny.
H4L
7/22/2018 12:33pm
I had a similiar thought yesterday after watching him race.

It's really hard to say only time will tell as he continues to heal & rides with his prior injuries. I've had injuries & haven't fully recovered 100%. That being said you have to adjust afterwards & only he will know what his limitations are, if any on his end.
plowboy
7/22/2018 12:36pm
Don't know his true recovery status but I'm really happy to see him doing so well. It's a better race with him in it.

The Shop

Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
7/22/2018 12:39pm
I think Kenny is doing great and laying the foundation for a strong off season of more recovery and practice to be really strong for next year.
RacerX8
7/22/2018 12:45pm
Whatever Kenny does post injury is a victory in my eyes, the results he's achieving this soon have impressed!
ruy
7/22/2018 12:48pm

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/22/2018 12:53pm
He looks better every week, and has come a long way from where he was at Hangtown.

He said off the bike he can do pretty much everything he did before, but there's nothing he can do that replicates what you get on the track...except being out there every week.
plowboy
7/22/2018 1:06pm
GuyB wrote:
He looks better every week, and has come a long way from where he was at Hangtown. He said off the bike he can do pretty...
He looks better every week, and has come a long way from where he was at Hangtown.

He said off the bike he can do pretty much everything he did before, but there's nothing he can do that replicates what you get on the track...except being out there every week.
So he's riding himself into shape...the best medicine imo.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
7/22/2018 1:15pm
He didn't look so stiff yesterday, he was definitely riding with a little extra pizzazz
Alex814
7/22/2018 1:29pm
drt410 wrote:
Every week now Roczen is getting closer and closer to being his former self. This weekend he was even able to hold off Eli for a...
Every week now Roczen is getting closer and closer to being his former self. This weekend he was even able to hold off Eli for a while again. We all know Eli and Roczen at 100% strength are the 2 fastest guys out there... How long do you guys think it will be before its him vs Eli instead of Eli vs Musquin? A few more races? The end of the season? Or the start of supercross... Its coming I just wonder how soon. Marvin has never been faster than either of them throughout his entire career until Kennys injuries and its looking like Roczen is rounding back into form. Hell Kenny was even faster than Eli at many points in his career. These two are in a different league when both at full strength and I cant wait to see when both are in top form at the same time again as before it was Eli that was injured when Roczen was in top form.
I believe Roczen will be at Tomac's level for the 2019 Nationals. For supercross I'll predict he's top 3 on any given weekend, maybe winning towards the end of the season. I think he'll continue to be a bit "careful" during SX next year but I could be wrong.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
7/22/2018 1:29pm Edited Date/Time 7/22/2018 1:30pm
So happy to see him out front again. It was a scary group of injuries but he held positive and his choice to race as soon as possible is a great move to build his strength and confidence levels exponentially. His starts have also been brilliant.
Sully22
7/22/2018 1:46pm
KRoc’s comeback has been awesome to watch. I don’t know if he’s got anything for ET this year, but If he’s injury free from now until A1, it wouldn’t surprise me to see him win a title in 19.
plowboy
7/22/2018 1:51pm
FLmxer wrote:
So happy to see him out front again. It was a scary group of injuries but he held positive and his choice to race as soon...
So happy to see him out front again. It was a scary group of injuries but he held positive and his choice to race as soon as possible is a great move to build his strength and confidence levels exponentially. His starts have also been brilliant.
Kenny has a lot of guts and I'm guessing a very good support group behind him. He's not done yet and I'd bet a lot wiser than a couple of years makes most people. Go get 'em tiger.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
7/22/2018 1:54pm
He has also talked a lot about setting up that CRF450 which happens from racing and testing. When he is off injured, that part of the program will not progress the same either.

He said on the Millville post race interview about how Tomac is dialed in on the same bike for the last 3 years.
kb228
7/22/2018 2:03pm
Hes getting better but eli has been getting him at the 20 min mark every time
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
7/22/2018 2:03pm
I'm pumped he's in at RedBud for the mxdn race.
drt410
7/22/2018 2:14pm Edited Date/Time 7/22/2018 2:22pm
Thats true that neither have really faced eachother in top form on 450s. They did on 250s though and Roczen was better but theyre both different riders now. I even forget that Eli isnt even the same rider as before having blown out both shoulders. It took him a couple years to get back up to speed also. Eli in 2015 may be the fastest person in history but it was only 3 races. Kennys last championship on the Suzuki he was also beating Dungey by a minute just like Eli was in 2015, until Dungey got hurt this time. Kenny was able to keep it up for a whole season though and his last championship was more dominant than Elis of last year where he had a tough second half.

Both of them are next level talents and I hope to see a battle between both of them at 100%. American mx will be back to where its supposed to be when theyre both riding at 100% in mx and sx. Eli vs Musquin is not the top form this series can take, when its Eli vs Roczen it will be. Both of them at 100% were faster than Dungey in all out speed but only Roczen beat Dungey for a title-twice. Thats how I can gauge that the sport is still progressing since the retirement of Dungey is when 2 guys who had more all out speed can learn to use that speed and stay off the ground. If both of them are riding at 100%, healthy, and battling for titles thats going to be something we havent seen since RC vs JS. Having had both of them battle Dungey before showed us their true speed- fast as hell, but hard to tame that much speed so they would crash a lot. If both of them can be at that Dungey beating speed (both would beat him by a minute in mx in their top form Eli in 15’ Ken in 16’), and battling eachother at that speed and can stay healthy with no major injuries, the fans will be in for a treat. Both of them at that level battling will really be like the Rc vs Js days again where 1st and second are a minute up on 3rd.
Kyle_McNab
7/22/2018 2:22pm
I think Eli and Kenny are going to have an epic battle in sx. Kenny was arguably on his way to beating Eli in 17. Eli is 100% at one with his Kawi now. Roczen just needs that last 5% which I’m sure he’ll find after this year. I’m such a fan of both riders. Epsically after Roczen unfortunate injury’s it’s definitely humbled him. Sx next year is gonna be insane
drt410
7/22/2018 2:29pm
Roczen seems to have as you said about 90% of his speed back, I mean hes staying in front of Eli for over half the race, but he needs that last 10% of fitness and speed to be able to beat him vs just stay in front for a while. The way Eli dropped his lap times down to 4 seconds faster per lap over Musquin after he passed him is world class speed. That last 10% is what separates extremely fast riders from elite riders and thats the hardest % to break into. A lot of riders can be extremely fast but probably only Eli, Roczen, Herlings, and Cairoli can break into that all time speed bracket at the moment. Eli dropped his lap times by 4 seconds! After he passed Marvin even Dungey on tv said he has no idea how Eli can gain that much in 1 lap, thats truly insanely fast.
Juss72
7/22/2018 3:01pm
drt410 wrote:
Every week now Roczen is getting closer and closer to being his former self. This weekend he was even able to hold off Eli for a...
Yes he is fast, but he was holding Eli up. KR is good at blocking lines
kiwifan
7/22/2018 3:17pm
The guy is amazing considering what he has come back from..
TXDirt
7/22/2018 3:20pm
He's about 80% of his speed before his injury. He was on track to be one of the next greats. Sucks to see it derailed by injuries. Props to him for coming back. He is getting better. Getting to the 80% mark is doable. That last 20% will be near impossible. But if anyone can then he can. Pulling for him!!
Flip109
7/22/2018 3:40pm
Let’s hope they can make it through deathcross healthy next year and make it battle royal for the outdoors! He’s a lot better than I figured he would be. He’s definitely loosening up his riding style again. First race I’ve seen him start to look like 2016 Kenny. Hope he gets there.
Forty
7/22/2018 4:13pm
drt410 wrote:
Eli and Marvin will still be mixing it up only Kenny will be in front of them instead of behind. I think he’s got more in him now but just taking care of himself until he’s 100%
Rotaholic
7/22/2018 4:17pm
I think he had the Suzuki set up better and had more flow, I guess he will get the Honda dialed with time
bsharkey
7/22/2018 4:25pm
He still doesn't move like he did pre-injury but maybe that's a good thing. Maybe that would force him to ride faster than he wants to at the time being .when we see him scrub jumps like he used to will know he's a hundred percent but I'm just happy he's out there racing again
cbuehler767
7/22/2018 5:50pm
drt410 wrote:
Thats true that neither have really faced eachother in top form on 450s. They did on 250s though and Roczen was better but theyre both different...
Thats true that neither have really faced eachother in top form on 450s. They did on 250s though and Roczen was better but theyre both different riders now. I even forget that Eli isnt even the same rider as before having blown out both shoulders. It took him a couple years to get back up to speed also. Eli in 2015 may be the fastest person in history but it was only 3 races. Kennys last championship on the Suzuki he was also beating Dungey by a minute just like Eli was in 2015, until Dungey got hurt this time. Kenny was able to keep it up for a whole season though and his last championship was more dominant than Elis of last year where he had a tough second half.

Both of them are next level talents and I hope to see a battle between both of them at 100%. American mx will be back to where its supposed to be when theyre both riding at 100% in mx and sx. Eli vs Musquin is not the top form this series can take, when its Eli vs Roczen it will be. Both of them at 100% were faster than Dungey in all out speed but only Roczen beat Dungey for a title-twice. Thats how I can gauge that the sport is still progressing since the retirement of Dungey is when 2 guys who had more all out speed can learn to use that speed and stay off the ground. If both of them are riding at 100%, healthy, and battling for titles thats going to be something we havent seen since RC vs JS. Having had both of them battle Dungey before showed us their true speed- fast as hell, but hard to tame that much speed so they would crash a lot. If both of them can be at that Dungey beating speed (both would beat him by a minute in mx in their top form Eli in 15’ Ken in 16’), and battling eachother at that speed and can stay healthy with no major injuries, the fans will be in for a treat. Both of them at that level battling will really be like the Rc vs Js days again where 1st and second are a minute up on 3rd.
ELi destroyed Ken on 250's outdoors
Kyle_McNab
7/22/2018 5:59pm
It just takes time. A year from now y’all will probably be surprised how good he is

Post a reply to: So Roczen is pretty fast again

The Latest