So Pink is no mo?

BobbyM
Edited Date/Time 3/25/2015 10:39am
|
KMC440
3/23/2015 4:16pm
Well I think change is good, sometimes a bit rough, but it seems Mrs Hart is just wanting to grow up (enough of the pop shit) and explore new singing ventures...

Good on you Mrs Hart. Continued success.
3/23/2015 4:56pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2015 4:58pm
Pink has one of the best voices ever to sing rock music, male or female. When Im not listening to zeppelin, pink floyd, the misfits or Ramones, im listening to pink. She is absolutely talented as hell. I believe she also writes most of her own songs as well.
3/23/2015 5:28pm
Pink has one of the best voices ever to sing rock music, male or female. When Im not listening to zeppelin, pink floyd, the misfits or...
Pink has one of the best voices ever to sing rock music, male or female. When Im not listening to zeppelin, pink floyd, the misfits or Ramones, im listening to pink. She is absolutely talented as hell. I believe she also writes most of her own songs as well.
Wow, that might be the first time in history that Pink was mentioned in the same sentence as The Misfits and The Ramones. I might have to check some of her stuff. I'll put it on the CD shelf right next to Minor Threat.
montesagold
3/23/2015 5:29pm
Pink has one of the best voices ever to sing rock music, male or female. When Im not listening to zeppelin, pink floyd, the misfits or...
wow! I mean, got more respect for her than most pop bullshit but that's some heavy company.

The Shop

3/23/2015 5:33pm
wow! I mean, got more respect for her than most pop bullshit but that's some heavy company.
Pink vs Zeppelin? I would say "yes" in terms of doing what she does well, or straight up technical singing ability. But Zeppelin pretty much helped create Heavy Metal. They are the kind of band that only comes along once in history.
Stefan82
3/23/2015 5:37pm
Have you guys already checked out Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp a Butterfly?
montesagold
3/23/2015 5:39pm
Pink vs Zeppelin? I would say "yes" in terms of doing what she does well, or straight up technical singing ability. But Zeppelin pretty much helped...
Pink vs Zeppelin? I would say "yes" in terms of doing what she does well, or straight up technical singing ability. But Zeppelin pretty much helped create Heavy Metal. They are the kind of band that only comes along once in history.
not surprised, you can get all those bands tshirts at the same store in the mall these days along with a pink temporary tattoo.
sende
Fantasy
4455th
3/23/2015 5:46pm
Rose ave. is a great, great album. Cool move!!
BobbyM
3/23/2015 5:46pm
KMC440 wrote:
Well I think change is good, sometimes a bit rough, but it seems Mrs Hart is just wanting to grow up (enough of the pop shit)...
Well I think change is good, sometimes a bit rough, but it seems Mrs Hart is just wanting to grow up (enough of the pop shit) and explore new singing ventures...

Good on you Mrs Hart. Continued success.
She has loads of talent no doubt about that. I am sure she will be successful no matter what she chooses.
BobbyM
3/23/2015 5:49pm
Pink vs Zeppelin? I would say "yes" in terms of doing what she does well, or straight up technical singing ability. But Zeppelin pretty much helped...
Wow you sound like a true led zeppelin expert...
smoker
3/23/2015 6:00pm
Nice. Dallas Green is money. I love me some alexisonfire
blusmbl
3/23/2015 6:03pm
Actually, Black Sabbath gets that distinction. Led Zeppelin just ripped off blues artists for almost all of their material on their first couple albums.
3/23/2015 6:05pm
Who?
3/23/2015 6:07pm
blusmbl wrote:
Actually, Black Sabbath gets that distinction. Led Zeppelin just ripped off blues artists for almost all of their material on their first couple albums.
Zeppelin payed Willie Dixion twice.
BobbyM
3/23/2015 8:50pm
blusmbl wrote:
Not quite... If that's the case then everybody else ripped off zeppelin
Vanilla
3/24/2015 1:33am
Stefan82 wrote:
Yeah, hate it.
3/24/2015 1:34am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2015 1:47am
Im not saying her songs themselves are anywhere near as good as the bands i mentioned(but her songs are great in my opinion) but Im a fan of a great voice regardless of genre. I even think lady gaga has a strong, talented voice. Im a sucker for a good chorus hook as well and pink usually has catchy choruses. My listening is 90% Misfits and ramones, 8% zepp and floyd, and 2% pink. Throw in some classical, death metal, and social distortion and youve got my entire listening experience. Pink's voice is legit. I feel no shame in stating so.
3/24/2015 1:41am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2015 1:44am
Stefan82 wrote:
Hip hop and urban music are garbage to my ears. I just cannot find any talent in that mush-mouthed, singing off the beat nonsense. Speaking of talentless: miley cyrus is both talentless and absolutely the most disgusting "singer" currently alive. We live in a time where vocal ability is secondary to being a mouth-breathing whore. Another reason i love pink- she lets her voice do all the talking, so to speak.
3/24/2015 1:48am
Stefan82 wrote:
It's probably horrible.
7warpig7
3/24/2015 2:00am
blusmbl wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
Nobody took a Zeppelin song, copied 1/2 of it word for word and then gave themselves sole writing credits for the whole thing. Zeppelin did it with dusty old blues song on a couple dozen occasions.
Uncle Tony
3/24/2015 3:23am
newmann wrote:
Couldn't name a single song of hers as the term "pop music" usually zings right past my give a shit meter. But she does have a...
Couldn't name a single song of hers as the term "pop music" usually zings right past my give a shit meter. But she does have a voice and the talent to easily go elsewhere. Does a pretty good Janis...

https://youtu.be/jHPZMLYNx7E?list=RD28dJ8Tqi8Os
There will never be another Janis, not even close
blusmbl
3/24/2015 4:11am
7warpig7 wrote:
Nobody took a Zeppelin song, copied 1/2 of it word for word and then gave themselves sole writing credits for the whole thing. Zeppelin did it...
Nobody took a Zeppelin song, copied 1/2 of it word for word and then gave themselves sole writing credits for the whole thing. Zeppelin did it with dusty old blues song on a couple dozen occasions.
Exactly. Blues artists lift material from each other, it's standard practice. The problem is Zeppelin took all of that material and never credited the original artists. It wasn't until after they were sued several times that the original artists were given writing credit on their albums.

The Allman Brothers covers of standard blues arrangements sound nothing like the originals in a lot of cases, but they always gave credit to artists like Elmore James.

Don't get me wrong, I love the early Led Zeppelin albums, but they really plagarized their material. As an artist, at least cite your sources!
newmann
3/24/2015 4:28am
Uncle Tony wrote:
There will never be another Janis, not even close
I wasn't "comparing" them, just pointing out that she didn't wreck the shit out of a classic like so many other "pop" stars seem to do these days. Janis was a local, took me a long time to appreciate her music. Can't be easy trying to sound drugged out, hammered, rode hard and put up wet without looking the part. Laughing
3/24/2015 6:30am
blusmbl wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
7warpig7 wrote:
Nobody took a Zeppelin song, copied 1/2 of it word for word and then gave themselves sole writing credits for the whole thing. Zeppelin did it...
No, but you can hear John Bonham's sampled drums on a ton of rap and hip-hop songs.
JeepnMike
3/24/2015 7:20am
Anybody else ever wonder if a little of Pink's money helps fund a part of RCH?
karsmakers
3/24/2015 7:24am
I don't give a shit where Zep got some inspiration from.....,they are miles ahead of any band in my book. And don't bring up Black Sabbath in the same sentence....,Ozzy can't sing worth shit. Pink is legit. Zepp is the best band of all time!
3/24/2015 7:34am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2015 7:38am
blusmbl wrote:
Absolutely agree. Also, only a few Zeppelin songs could be considered heavy metal. As far as ripping off songs, Zeppelin blatantly did it, several times. Stairway to Heaven intro was taken directly from an opening band.
Sandberm
3/24/2015 7:58am
Maybe shes going to form a supergroup with David Coverdale?
FWYT
3/24/2015 8:02am
Doesn't Linda Perry (4 Non Blondes) write a bunch of her material? Or was that a while ago
and has changed?

Post a reply to: So Pink is no mo?

The Latest