So... Peick is out.....

bradnelson
For the foreseeable future. Not surprising. Poor dude. But, JGR says Barcia will be back in a couple weeks and there will be no replacement for Peick. Let me get this straight....... Peick's bike will be doing nothing. Peick's crew will be doing nothing. And Weimer will be doing nothing. ???
|
mxb2
1/31/2017 11:12am Edited Date/Time 1/31/2017 11:12am
bradnelson wrote:
For the foreseeable future. Not surprising. Poor dude. But, JGR says Barcia will be back in a couple weeks and there will be no replacement for...
For the foreseeable future. Not surprising. Poor dude. But, JGR says Barcia will be back in a couple weeks and there will be no replacement for Peick. Let me get this straight....... Peick's bike will be doing nothing. Peick's crew will be doing nothing. And Weimer will be doing nothing. ???
Pretty sure weimer will stay, then barcia is back soon.
moto711
1/31/2017 11:13am
According to the initial press release when we first heard Barcia would be out it was only supposed to be 4 rounds and he would be back at Oakland.
Now I haven't been surfing the web very much today but has that date changed for the return of BamBam??
Dtat720
1/31/2017 11:16am
moto711 wrote:
According to the initial press release when we first heard Barcia would be out it was only supposed to be 4 rounds and he would be...
According to the initial press release when we first heard Barcia would be out it was only supposed to be 4 rounds and he would be back at Oakland.
Now I haven't been surfing the web very much today but has that date changed for the return of BamBam??
According to Barcias instagram this morning.. he is hoping to be cleared for next week to race
ML512
Fantasy
54th
1/31/2017 11:19am
moto711 wrote:
According to the initial press release when we first heard Barcia would be out it was only supposed to be 4 rounds and he would be...
When we checked with him last, he was hoping to return at Dallas/Arlington.

Weimer will be on a bike this next weekend and when Barcia returns, Weimer will fill Peick's seat until he returns.

The Shop

kiwifan
1/31/2017 11:25am
Bummer for Peick...I hope he isnt out too long
Mr. Info
1/31/2017 11:35am
If he gets back before outdoors I would be surprised. You miss to many rounds you might as well start testing for outdoors instead of it being a rush.
1/31/2017 11:37am
Bad luck Sad fingers crossed he heals fast, gets time to show his metal at SX and has a good outdoors
MT MX
1/31/2017 12:49pm
ML512 wrote:
When we checked with him last, he was hoping to return at Dallas/Arlington. Weimer will be on a bike this next weekend and when Barcia returns...
When we checked with him last, he was hoping to return at Dallas/Arlington.

Weimer will be on a bike this next weekend and when Barcia returns, Weimer will fill Peick's seat until he returns.
I've always wondered about these types of situations - 'fill in' rides/riders.
When a rider like Weimer fills in for Barcia (and I guess now Peick) is he given a contracted salary/benefits? Or is it kind of like JGR is just doing him a favor by giving him a ride (or vice versa). I can't see any rider riding for 'free', but I'm on the outside looking in, so anything could be possible I guess.
Can you give any insight on this ML? I'm not talking specifics ($$$) in this particular situation, just more food for thought.
ratonmacias
1/31/2017 1:28pm
My Guess is paid expensas. Gear Money. And bonuses. Plus some personal sponsors.
ocscottie
1/31/2017 1:54pm
This came today:

Weston Peick Injury Update

HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. (Jan. 31, 2017) – Weston Peick suffered a hard crash during practice at last week’s race in Phoenix, Ariz. He was transported to a nearby hospital where it was discovered that he had a lacerated kidney and a broken wrist. Peick underwent successful surgery Sunday night on his wrist, the kidney should heal on its own. Although the recovery time is difficult to accurately predict at this time, he is expected to need several weeks of healing time before he can begin preparing to return to riding, and then racing. His condition will be updated as more information becomes known. Peick was riding exceptionally well before the crash, and was coming off a season best fifth place the week prior.

“Weston was riding really well with lots of confidence on the RM-Z450, I am really bummed for him but we look forward to a full recovery and seeing him back racing once he is healthy and ready,” said team manager Jeremy Albrecht.

Since Justin Barcia, who has been recovery from a wrist injury is expected to return to racing in the next couple of weeks the team will not look to replace Peick with a fill-in rider at this time. Jake Weimer, who has been substituting for Barcia will race his RM-Z450 at Oakland Alameda County Coliseum this Saturday, Feb. 4, with Phillip Nicoletti contesting the 250SX class aboard his RM-Z250. The race will air on Fox Sports Two starting at 7:00 p.m. (EST).

Post a reply to: So... Peick is out.....

The Latest