So Mike got the boot cause Tony can't respect The Man! (which means SteveM was right about Tony all along!)

500guy
12/3/2009 7:48pm
Maybe this new deal with KTM and being directly under the Austria factory will give them the freedom to do their own thing and maybe it will actually work. if not i guess the Alessi's don't know it all like they thought.

Yea those European companies have always been all for letting a couple Americans run wild with their money.
12/3/2009 7:50pm
500guy wrote:
RL we can argue in person as well as online, it's not like anyone get's physical over bench racing. I might add Buying beer at the...
RL we can argue in person as well as online, it's not like anyone get's physical over bench racing.

I might add

Buying beer at the stadium is a very bad investment
500guy, well said on both levels. Especially your keen advice on the stadium ROI. lol

I always figure with all the contributions from these great minds, the good will rise to the top before a bench clearing brawl breaks out.
88sdad
12/3/2009 7:57pm
88sdad wrote:
So this all boils down to...... Mike not following Decoster's order to take Stewart out.

You really should listen to Bobby
GuyB wrote:
Oh brother, I've seen some wild-ass speculation before, but that's over the top.
Hey, I was just repeating what Rocket Launcher wrote.
Wandell
12/3/2009 8:08pm
Difficult situation. I'm sure that Tony and Mike have a good relationship and a strong bond. But, eventually a bird has to leave the nest. Mike or Tony has to step up and admit that Tony's involvement needs to be more limited in Mike's career. But, that's just my opinion.

The Shop

the_wood109
12/3/2009 8:22pm
Good point. So let me ask you this. Lets say Mike stayed healthy during the nationals and managed to get far enough ahead so that when...
Good point.

So let me ask you this. Lets say Mike stayed healthy during the nationals and managed to get far enough ahead so that when Reed got good it was not good enough to catch up and Mike won the Championship. So what does Suzuki do now? They have two 450 champions and one 250 champion.

They would do the same thing they did anyway. Not exercise the options to retain Alessi and Reed and move up Dungey. That would have happened either way. Its about $$$, not drama.

I think this has already been answered.

DMXS: Had Mike won the title, would he have stayed at Suzuki?

Roger DeCoster: Mike is a good rider and he’s a good racer, especially outdoor but we could never get him to follow our advice. They wanted to do things their way, they thought that they could do better. After trying for two years to have him work our way, it wasn’t getting any better and championship or not, champion or not, we wouldn’t have had him.

Then again, I think you like to post just for the hell of it. You've already been responding to damn near every post in the thread, explaining things that don't need to be explained.

Bottom line is that DeCoster didn't like how AAAs handled their business. Its funny because some of you ask for the proof, here is the proof, and now DeCoster is the ass in your eyes because he has confirmed that which has been being said all of this time.

I try to stay out of threads like this one, but I usually end up reading them at least. Matthes is the man ,btw. You should all buy him a buffet.
BobbyM
12/3/2009 8:25pm
I think this has already been answered. [i]DMXS: Had Mike won the title, would he have stayed at Suzuki? Roger DeCoster: Mike is a good rider...

Roger DeCoster: Mike is a good rider and he’s a good racer, especially outdoor but we could never get him to follow our advice. They wanted to do things their way, they thought that they could do better. After trying for two years to have him work our way, it wasn’t getting any better and championship or not, champion or not, we wouldn’t have had him.

Then again, I think you like to post just for the hell of it. You've already been responding to damn near every post in the thread, explaining things that don't need to be explained.

Bottom line is that DeCoster didn't like how AAAs handled their business. Its funny because some of you ask for the proof, here is the proof, and now DeCoster is the ass in your eyes because he has confirmed that which has been being said all of this time.

I try to stay out of threads like this one, but I usually end up reading them at least. Matthes is the man ,btw. You should all buy him a buffet.
yup...5 time WORLD CHAMP doesn't know shit and 10 time am champs DAD knows all.

wtf?
jmar
12/3/2009 8:30pm
Good point. So let me ask you this. Lets say Mike stayed healthy during the nationals and managed to get far enough ahead so that when...
Good point.

So let me ask you this. Lets say Mike stayed healthy during the nationals and managed to get far enough ahead so that when Reed got good it was not good enough to catch up and Mike won the Championship. So what does Suzuki do now? They have two 450 champions and one 250 champion.

They would do the same thing they did anyway. Not exercise the options to retain Alessi and Reed and move up Dungey. That would have happened either way. Its about $$$, not drama.

I think this has already been answered. [i]DMXS: Had Mike won the title, would he have stayed at Suzuki? Roger DeCoster: Mike is a good rider...

championship or not, champion or not, we wouldn’t have had him.

What would you expect RDC to say on behalf of Suzuki?

Yea if he wouldn't have gotten hurt and won the title we would have re-signed him.
12/3/2009 8:31pm
500guy wrote:
[b]Maybe this new deal with KTM and being directly under the Austria factory will give them the freedom to do their own thing and maybe it...
Maybe this new deal with KTM and being directly under the Austria factory will give them the freedom to do their own thing and maybe it will actually work. if not i guess the Alessi's don't know it all like they thought.

Yea those European companies have always been all for letting a couple Americans run wild with their money.
Dude, thats just damn funny...
jmar
12/3/2009 8:36pm
I am just going to say two things:

1st. Things are always what they appear to be. Especially in this industry.

2nd. Sometimes people just have to do what they feel is right for them. Even when others disagree.

jmar
12/3/2009 8:40pm
BobbyM wrote:
yup...5 time WORLD CHAMP doesn't know shit and 10 time am champs DAD knows all.

wtf?
Bobby,

Not that it really matters but I believe that Mike has won many more than 10 am titles. With that said, what the five time World Champ thinks may not be good for everyone.
the_wood109
12/3/2009 8:50pm
Good point.

jmar wrote:
[i][b] championship or not, champion or not, we wouldn’t have had him. [/b][/i] What would you expect RDC to say on behalf of Suzuki? Yea if...
championship or not, champion or not, we wouldn’t have had him.

What would you expect RDC to say on behalf of Suzuki?

Yea if he wouldn't have gotten hurt and won the title we would have re-signed him.
Roger fucking DeCoster, THE MAN, has a much longer history of being honest then Tony Alessi.

In fact, I can think of a couple blatant lies dished out by the Alessi camp, I challenge you to find some dirt on DeCoster...an example of him knowingly being deceitful.

A couple examples are when Bob Kiniry was on the MotoXXX team, Alessi started a rumor about them running cheater bikes...he even talked about it in their Alessi weekly. I think it was Unadilla that year that they got torn down only to find that the bikes were in spec and it was obviously made up.

Secondly they issued a statement in Alessi weekly about Mikes bike getting stuck in Tedescos. Video proved this was obviously a lie.

I've grown like Mike since the Tedesco incident (Pretty much hated him for a while after that.) Some of you just refuse to see....

Just say it, man. Just say that you will take the golden word of Alessi over anyone else in the sport, regardless...thats all that you need to say.
txmxer
12/3/2009 8:54pm
I'll speculate on where Tony crossed the line with Suzuki: worrying about the bike.

I'd also speculate that Roger D. had some advice about how to approach the racing, training and few other things. All of which wasn't in line with their program.
jmar
12/3/2009 9:11pm
Roger fucking DeCoster, THE MAN, has a much longer history of being honest then Tony Alessi. In fact, I can think of a couple blatant lies...
Roger fucking DeCoster, THE MAN, has a much longer history of being honest then Tony Alessi.

In fact, I can think of a couple blatant lies dished out by the Alessi camp, I challenge you to find some dirt on DeCoster...an example of him knowingly being deceitful.

A couple examples are when Bob Kiniry was on the MotoXXX team, Alessi started a rumor about them running cheater bikes...he even talked about it in their Alessi weekly. I think it was Unadilla that year that they got torn down only to find that the bikes were in spec and it was obviously made up.

Secondly they issued a statement in Alessi weekly about Mikes bike getting stuck in Tedescos. Video proved this was obviously a lie.

I've grown like Mike since the Tedesco incident (Pretty much hated him for a while after that.) Some of you just refuse to see....

Just say it, man. Just say that you will take the golden word of Alessi over anyone else in the sport, regardless...thats all that you need to say.
Roger fucking DeCoster, THE MAN

I don't know what went on between RDC and the Alessi's. You on the other hand don't seem to understand that RDC has to wear a corprate hat when he makes comments about things like this.

As far as the "Golden Word"?
There is no such thing in this sport. Even when it comes out of "The Man's" mouth. Same goes for the Alessi's.

To sum this thing up so that you can better understand it. Roger is doing his job and the Alessi's are doing what they feel is in the best interest of Mikes career. Neither is bad and neither is wrong.

Trip
12/3/2009 9:12pm
I see you girls are argueing over the same ol topic again... Why?

Two sides to every story and the truth usually lies somewhere between the two stories...

RD being the man is way over rated in my opinion. How long was RD at Suzuki before they won a championship??? If he is "The Man" and is all knowing why did it take RC signing with them to put Suzuki back on the map??? No doubt RD was a great rider, but really, did it take a genius to hire RC or Reed?
jmar
12/3/2009 9:13pm
txmxer wrote:
I'll speculate on where Tony crossed the line with Suzuki: worrying about the bike. I'd also speculate that Roger D. had some advice about how to...
I'll speculate on where Tony crossed the line with Suzuki: worrying about the bike.

I'd also speculate that Roger D. had some advice about how to approach the racing, training and few other things. All of which wasn't in line with their program.
At least you are speculating and not calling this all fact.
jmar
12/3/2009 9:15pm
Trip wrote:
I see you girls are argueing over the same ol topic again... Why? Two sides to every story and the truth usually lies somewhere between the...
I see you girls are argueing over the same ol topic again... Why?

Two sides to every story and the truth usually lies somewhere between the two stories...

RD being the man is way over rated in my opinion. How long was RD at Suzuki before they won a championship??? If he is "The Man" and is all knowing why did it take RC signing with them to put Suzuki back on the map??? No doubt RD was a great rider, but really, did it take a genius to hire RC or Reed?
Careful there Trip. You're going to get kicked out of the core club.
Grendel
12/3/2009 9:50pm
jmar wrote:
Therein lies the problem with this recurring debate. The majority of the Alessi slander is pure speculation or vague pit-whispers. Even Decoster's only gripe with Tony is that he and Mike function as an inseparable unit. He complimented TA's work ethic in some areas.

Decoster offered his advice and they said "No thank you". To dramatize the situation with histrionics by implying that Tony has made Mike his slave is just silly stuff. Mike flat out answered the DMXS guys (Without hesitation) that he doesn't view his father as a detriment to his career.

Leave the theatrics and hyperbole to the "voice of God" SX announcer.
jmar
12/3/2009 10:04pm
jmar wrote:
Grendel wrote:
Therein lies the problem with this recurring debate. The majority of the Alessi slander is pure speculation or vague pit-whispers. Even Decoster's only gripe with Tony...
Therein lies the problem with this recurring debate. The majority of the Alessi slander is pure speculation or vague pit-whispers. Even Decoster's only gripe with Tony is that he and Mike function as an inseparable unit. He complimented TA's work ethic in some areas.

Decoster offered his advice and they said "No thank you". To dramatize the situation with histrionics by implying that Tony has made Mike his slave is just silly stuff. Mike flat out answered the DMXS guys (Without hesitation) that he doesn't view his father as a detriment to his career.

That's my point. Neither RDC or the Alessi's are demons. They just have a difference of opinion on how the program needs to roll.

I really don't understand what the big deal is.
the_wood109
12/3/2009 10:09pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:16pm
jmar wrote:
Grendel wrote:
Therein lies the problem with this recurring debate. The majority of the Alessi slander is pure speculation or vague pit-whispers. Even Decoster's only gripe with Tony...

[i]Grendel wrote: Funny, I always hear about these "whispers" and horror stories from the supposedly monstrous and controlling Tony, yet there are never any details.

Wonder why? Because it's just spiteful, fictional gobbledygook created by bored message boarders in between races.

Nerd wrote: That's one potential answer.

Grendel wrote: Funny, I always hear about these "whispers" and horror stories from the supposedly monstrous and controlling Tony, yet there are never any details.

Wonder why? Because it's just spiteful, fictional gobbledygook created by bored message boarders in between races.

Nerd wrote: That's one potential answer.

the_wood109 wrote: The article is based on whispers (rumors.)

One thing to consider, however, is that teams don't go around looking for people to hate on. The fact that numerous rides have ended up with the same bitter result says something. I don't think the speculation is extremely far off. There is certainly enough evidence there that "fictional" can be ruled out.

So its gone from everything being fictional, to only parts. This is pretty much what I've said before. I know there are two parts to the story, but at least you are beginning to realize that these things don't just surface out of thin air.

Okay, I'm done now.

Grendel
12/3/2009 10:25pm Edited Date/Time 12/3/2009 10:26pm
jmar wrote:
That's my point. Neither RDC or the Alessi's are demons. They just have a difference of opinion on how the program needs to roll. I really...
That's my point. Neither RDC or the Alessi's are demons. They just have a difference of opinion on how the program needs to roll.

Bored fans in the on and off season want the blood baying and viciousness. The five-pagers are fueled by conflict and when there isn't any, it has to be created or exaggerated.

I sincerely doubt either Mike or Tony would say that Roger isn't synonymous with motocross.
Lightning78
12/3/2009 10:26pm
jmar wrote:
Grendel wrote:

jmar wrote:
That's my point. Neither RDC or the Alessi's are demons. They just have a difference of opinion on how the program needs to roll. I really...

When you tell your boss how to do your job it causes static and you eventually are the one let go....not your boss

Thats basically what I took from the RDC excerpt......
jmar
12/3/2009 10:30pm
Grendel wrote:

jmar wrote:

When you tell your boss how to do your job it causes static and you eventually are the one let go....not your boss Thats basically what...
When you tell your boss how to do your job it causes static and you eventually are the one let go....not your boss

Thats basically what I took from the RDC excerpt......
No argument there.

Point is that sometimes people have to do what they feel is good for them and not others.
Doesn't made Mike and Tony demons.
RMZ819
12/4/2009 2:14am
The bottom line is Tony's way does not work. When you look at the big picture It does not matter anymore. Mike is damaged goods and this KTM ride will be his last.
Kinetic1
12/4/2009 3:36am
BobbyM wrote:
can't wait to swill a few with you at phx.....fucking should be good.
[b].....fucking should be good[/bBlink

Okay then!

Punctuation and proper sentence structure exist for a reason.
DrSweden
12/4/2009 4:29am
LOL! Another Tony is stupid thread! Sure not our business, but this damn discussion about Tony keeps popping up. Seems like he has become the most important/famous racing dad ever, but sadly it's not in a positive way. The rumour about his excellence in the mini era is now totally shadowed by his dysfunction in the Pro-series. Just that should indicate something? No? Despite the obvious for a majority some still think the world doing wrong. "He's the victim of evil message boards and general media". But one would thought even the most stubborn would sober and re-think when DeCoster basically confirm this repeated "rumour"?

But nooooooooo. NEWER ADMIT YOU WHERE WRONG PEOPLE, YOU WILL DIE!

Rober D has 5 world titles, manage to spit out champions Zook newer managed before, also are the brain behind all those MXDN wins. If he says jump, you jump. Seems like MA totally fucked his chance with Roger. If this dysfunctional team of him and his dad doesn’t separate one could easily suggest it will newer happen for MA…

Maybe dad needs something else to do/focus on?
jmar
12/4/2009 6:10am
RMZ819 wrote:
The bottom line is Tony's way does not work. When you look at the big picture It does not matter anymore. Mike is damaged goods and...
The bottom line is Tony's way does not work. When you look at the big picture It does not matter anymore. Mike is damaged goods and this KTM ride will be his last.
Thats some great logic there. Before Mike got hurt he was on his way to winning the outdoor title.

So many experts here on vital.
neysbo
12/4/2009 6:24am
RMZ819 wrote:
The bottom line is Tony's way does not work. When you look at the big picture It does not matter anymore. Mike is damaged goods and...
jmar wrote:
Thats some great logic there. Before Mike got hurt he was on his way to winning the outdoor title.

Actually he was not on his way until RV got hurt.

I think RMZ819 has it nailed. Alessi has not lived up to the expectations. Hopefully he can go to Europe and his dad stays out of the picture
DrSweden
12/4/2009 6:33am
jmar wrote:

Jmar: I get the impression people actually care about MA. They want him to succeed. I don't know where you stand in all this, but personally it hurts to see him doing stupid things on the telly like the cockiness that obviously wasn’t based on massive self esteem and the related negative comments about other riders and series. Or the brain dead manoeuvres that lead to him riding under probation. Bad guidance is the obvious reason if he doesn’t suffer from some neuro psychiatric disorder (I don’t think so)? Now when he's unable to deliver by not winning a title despite obvious the talent, one needs to ask questions what the fuck is up with that kid? What is holding him back and is there a connection between that and him being like thick as thieves with his dad from day one?

I don't think you need to be an expert to see something is wrong or the connection.

But, this debate has been going on for ages. I thin MA by now knows many believe his Dad is holding him back both mentally and professionally. Message send, and received!

Maybe we need to carry on...
Outsider
12/4/2009 6:37am
jmar wrote:
No argument there. Point is that sometimes people have to do what they feel is good for them and not others. Doesn't made Mike and Tony...
No argument there.

Point is that sometimes people have to do what they feel is good for them and not others.
Doesn't made Mike and Tony demons.
Mike and Tony are not demons, but, it's becoming pretty clear that letting Tony "run Mike's program" instead of listing to people that might really know what's best (RD?) is NOT WORKING.

Argue all day, but, the results don't lie. IMHO, of course.
jmar
12/4/2009 6:41am
I think your logic is about as solid as RMZ81s. RV did get hurt and Mike was the one to beat.

Was RV not really in control of the series because Stewart didn't race?
Was Mike not really winning the series because RV was hurt?
Did Reed not win the title because Stewart didn't ride, RV and Mike were hurt?

Get a clue bud. You so called "core" guys want to worship old moto stars but Mike and Tony want to be in charge of their own destiny and that doesn't make them stupid or evil. It just means that they chose to take a different path. They will either succeed or things won’t work out as planned, but in either case they have already proven themselves to be a very successful program.

It's really not all that complicated.

Post a reply to: So Mike got the boot cause Tony can't respect The Man! (which means SteveM was right about Tony all along!)

The Latest