So Mike got the boot cause Tony can't respect The Man! (which means SteveM was right about Tony all along!)

straight^
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:13pm
http://www.pulpmx.com/content/excerpt-dmxs-show-roger-decoster

Yet when Mike and Tony were on DMXS they both said the exact opposite of what The Man is now saying.

...on a different note, I sure am a fan of Josh Grant.
|
mpy
12/3/2009 1:38pm
What I find interesting is that in Moto Verte (french magazine) Decoster says that Tony is completely crazy... a more down toned version here.
500guy
12/3/2009 1:49pm
mpy wrote:
What I find interesting is that in Moto Verte (french magazine) Decoster says that Tony is completely crazy... a more down toned version here.
ahh the french translation for fucking nutz eh ?

The Shop

englishman
12/3/2009 2:03pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:16pm
Let's see.

Mr De Coster:

1) 5 times world champ.

2) Factory Honda team manager.

3) Factory Suzuki team manager.

4) Team USA winning manager for 16 ? times.

5) Universally acknowledged as one of the best racers of all time and most influential people in mx.

Alessis
1) ?

2)...

3) Was that a cricket I just heard??

4) - - -

5) ah um

Yup I can see why they thought they knew better.

TeamGreen
12/3/2009 2:04pm
This is pretty much how they lost their Honda deal, too...
spd721
12/3/2009 2:38pm
If I was in Mike's shoes, I would have kicked Tony out a long time ago. I think I remember Mike stating that what they were doing was working...Can you tell me how? He hasn't won one title yet. He hasn't won a single supercross race.

Atleast Jeff was smart to step away when he had the chance.
M-M
12/3/2009 2:46pm
Is someone going to come on here and call Mr DeCoster a liar????

.........i thought not.

Man, if you lose a factory ride because of the people that are around you. Get rid of them.
12/3/2009 2:46pm
mpy wrote:
From what I know, I would say RDC is right...
mccread
12/3/2009 3:29pm
Not to lisiten to Roger is stupid he has so much experiance 5 time world champion and mahanger or great riders.

If they don't respect Everts and do what he tells them when he rides rounds the outside of MIke at lommel in March they will be really stupid all over again.
M-M
12/3/2009 3:33pm
mccread wrote:
Not to lisiten to Roger is stupid he has so much experiance 5 time world champion and mahanger or great riders. If they don't respect Everts...
Not to lisiten to Roger is stupid he has so much experiance 5 time world champion and mahanger or great riders.

If they don't respect Everts and do what he tells them when he rides rounds the outside of MIke at lommel in March they will be really stupid all over again.
I don't think ktm will take any crap to be honest.
Outsider
12/3/2009 3:37pm
Seems like some people on this board have been saying the same things as RD for a long time, only to get "schooled" by certain "know it all's"..... hmmm
PD441
12/3/2009 3:42pm
OK, I'll say it....

Sounds like BobbyM was right.
12/3/2009 3:45pm Edited Date/Time 12/3/2009 3:51pm
I guess we will just have to wait and see how things work out.....

And I guess since RDC seems to know everything, then putting all the Suzuki resources to back up RD to win a championship was also a great move? As soon as I see all of you betting on RD to win the championship, I will really believe you really believe a factory rep like RDC is telling the straight up truth and not just his factory/employers version.
BobbyM
12/3/2009 3:52pm
I guess we will just have to wait and see how things work out..... And I guess since RDC seems to know everything, then putting all...

And I guess since RDC seems to know everything, then putting all the Suzuki resources to back up RD to win a championship was also a great move? As soon as I see all of you betting on RD to win the championship, I will really believe you really believe a factory rep like RDC is telling the straight up truth and not just his factory/employers version.
mike puts a lot of pressure on himself, with tonys pressure too it's gotta be tough
Grendel
12/3/2009 3:54pm
I guess we will just have to wait and see how things work out..... And I guess since RDC seems to know everything, then putting all...

Yahtzee.
500guy
12/3/2009 3:54pm

Just so we understand eachother. Roger didn't say Mike couldn't win, He said He wasn't going to put up with their attitude and bullshit.

Dungy already has a 250F SX championship and an Outdoor Championship and everyone likes dealing with the whole Family.

Get a fucking clue.
Skywagon
12/3/2009 3:56pm
Does this effectively box Mike out of future MXdN Team USA consideration?
Grendel
12/3/2009 3:58pm
Skywagon wrote:
Does this effectively box Mike out of future MXdN Team USA consideration?
I doubt if he dominates the outdoors like he's expected to that will be the case.
Outsider
12/3/2009 3:58pm
Grendel wrote:
I doubt if he dominates the outdoors like he's expected to that will be the case.
LOL
DustinDavis
12/3/2009 4:01pm
who gives an eff. tony DGAFs and can do what he wants
end thread? i think so
12/3/2009 4:05pm
500guy wrote:
Just so we understand eachother. Roger didn't say Mike couldn't win, He said He wasn't going to put up with their attitude and bullshit. Dungy already...
Just so we understand eachother. Roger didn't say Mike couldn't win, He said He wasn't going to put up with their attitude and bullshit.

Dungy already has a 250F SX championship and an Outdoor Championship and everyone likes dealing with the whole Family.

Get a fucking clue.
And who all are these people that like "dealing with his whole family"? When have you seen RD's family with him at a track or at a practice facility? I could be wrong, but I think for the last several years he has been living by himself in an apartment away from his family. So how exactly is anyone working with them?

I agree RD has won some 250 championships, so have a lot of other riders like J-Law. So do you think RDC and Suzuki backed the right rider to win the next championship? Since they are so smart and all? You didn't answer that question.
wreckitrandy
12/3/2009 4:05pm

Sniff, sniff,,,,, that's some stinky bait. Lenny would be proud.
12/3/2009 4:08pm
Sniff, sniff,,,,, that's some stinky bait. Lenny would be proud.
lol....just throwing it out there for fun.....this topic appears to be too big to see it all from just one perspective!
Tiki
Fantasy
1695th
12/3/2009 4:16pm
How exactly is this news? The Alessi camp has always been this way with their team. They haven't the balls to go private - which I think they should do, instead they try to live off someone else's dime and do what they want. If Tony is all that, let them show it to the world.

I laughed when KTM picked them up, but some of the thinks KTM has done around the world also makes me chuckle.

So in summary they are perfect for each other. Both great talents, both like Motodrive arguments. Trying to be louder then the other.

Mike again will be the bridesmaid.
Meiaduzia
12/3/2009 4:40pm
I saw and heard at the MXdN Mike calling an SOB to RDC
jbomx363
12/3/2009 4:59pm
Grendel wrote:
About the funniest thing I've read in a long time. Good chuckles there.

Who expects him to dominate over the field?

I'll stick to my prognostication as I have from the beginning, no AMA SX/MX Championships for MA.
jndmx
12/3/2009 5:27pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:16pm

Ah yes the time honored tradition of smearing someone else when all else fails.
Can't really dispute anything that DeCoster said because the guy is known for not BS'ing so instead you throw Dungey under the bus.
And yes I think Dungey is a good investment for future championships, much less aggravation for the buck it would seem and that looks like what Suzuki finds to be a better ROI.

And really we all know you are going to have Mikes back but wouldn't you consider Roger DeCoster to be a little more than just a "factory rep"?
That is kind of a childish tack to take.
englishman
12/3/2009 5:45pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:16pm

Mr De Coster:

1) 5 times world champ.

2) Factory Honda team manager.

3) Factory Suzuki team manager.

4) Team USA winning manager for 16 ? times.

5) Universally acknowledged as one of the best racers of all time and most influential people in mx.

Manager of Carmichael - Champ
Manager of Reed - Champ
Manager of Dungey - Champ.

Not a bad resume for a rep is it ?
ratonmacias
12/3/2009 5:52pm

so far Dungey has raced two seasons less. has hardly missed any 250 f races indoors or outdoors if any and has 2 more titles than Alessi. on the other hand Mike has only raced a full season for suzuki (1 out of 4) 2008 sx out with an injury 2008 mx out with injury 2009 sx full season only one podium 3rd. 2009 mx out with an injury.

so who do you hire the drama queen kid with the pain in the ass dad or a guy who is more professional who doesnt have as much baggage and has 2 championships and a mxdn to his credit.

all this from a jlaw fan.

Post a reply to: So Mike got the boot cause Tony can't respect The Man! (which means SteveM was right about Tony all along!)

The Latest