So Hunter Lawrence holds the red plate

hubbardmx50
3/17/2021 9:15pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2021 9:44pm
So happy for him, his family and Honda. He has a beautiful riding style too. It’s like he’s barely moving around on the bike, kind of...
So happy for him, his family and Honda. He has a beautiful riding style too. It’s like he’s barely moving around on the bike, kind of like Pourcel. This coast has been a blast to watch.
Sully wrote:
[i]"This coast has been a blast to watch."[/i] And it's only going to get better, because you know McAdoo & Cooper aren't going to just roll...
"This coast has been a blast to watch."
And it's only going to get better, because you know McAdoo & Cooper aren't going to just roll over and let Hunter go. Plus, there's Hammaker with the confidence of a win, Swoll with the confidence of a podium, and Marchbanks is finding his stride. I have a feeling shit is about to get really good for the "West."
Totally agree Sully, my dad and I were just talking about how good that podium is for Jalek and his confidence. I was equally stoked for him as well. He rode great all night. Can’t wait for Saturday
felpro
3/17/2021 9:30pm
Both Lawrence boys look very un-rushed on the bike. Minimal and very defined body movement.

Hunter was very lucky during that main. Cooper had his front end sent elsewhere, McAdoo went down. Swoll hit Harrison and they both lost momentum.

Then Hunter was lucky enough to be freakishly talented to pass them both in the blink of an eye.

Then McAdoo decides the red plate is way too much of a burden and cuts the track.

Both Lawrence boys are very lucky. Lucky to have the talent, the family backing, the crowd support and the ability to come back after a crash or three.

Australia is beeming !!!
SilverSpurs
3/17/2021 9:40pm
felpro wrote:
Both Lawrence boys look very un-rushed on the bike. Minimal and very defined body movement. Hunter was very lucky during that main. Cooper had his front...
Both Lawrence boys look very un-rushed on the bike. Minimal and very defined body movement.

Hunter was very lucky during that main. Cooper had his front end sent elsewhere, McAdoo went down. Swoll hit Harrison and they both lost momentum.

Then Hunter was lucky enough to be freakishly talented to pass them both in the blink of an eye.

Then McAdoo decides the red plate is way too much of a burden and cuts the track.

Both Lawrence boys are very lucky. Lucky to have the talent, the family backing, the crowd support and the ability to come back after a crash or three.

Australia is beeming !!!
Lucky?

Hunter had the fastest lap by a considerable margin.

His speed has progressively increased.

Anyone who says Cooper and McAdoo are the fastest probably need to reassess.
Ryan625
3/17/2021 9:42pm
felpro wrote:
Both Lawrence boys look very un-rushed on the bike. Minimal and very defined body movement. Hunter was very lucky during that main. Cooper had his front...

Australia is beeming !!!
I disagree with your entire post, aside from the land down under being very proud.

I don’t think lucky has anything to do with the Lawrence boys skills.

The Shop

3/17/2021 10:18pm
And this might be the first time in SX history that two brothers win a 250 main in two different coasts the same year.
3/17/2021 10:23pm
Ranman68 wrote:
I think it's cool. With his injuries and setbacks, he's had to sit and watch Jett get insane attention/glory while he hadn't done much of anything...
I think it's cool. With his injuries and setbacks, he's had to sit and watch Jett get insane attention/glory while he hadn't done much of anything. No doubt he loves his brother and has been happy for him, but still....that had to suck. Now, he gets attention/glory, and while still enjoying the success of his little brother.
Great kids. Great parents. Great story. I like it.
Well he didn't do anything in the USA (only a couple race wins in Outdoors 2 years ago) but he won MX2 class at MXON ahead of Osborne at Matterley and got 2nd at Red Bud the year after, finishing 2nd behind Coldenhoff and ahead of Prado, Barcia, Ferrandis, Plessinger...
hubbardmx50
3/17/2021 10:48pm
And this might be the first time in SX history that two brothers win a 250 main in two different coasts the same year.
I was thinking about that too. Has it ever happened?
Sully
3/17/2021 11:18pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2021 11:20pm
I was thinking about that too. Has it ever happened?
Nope, doesn't look like it. Neither AMart, nor Josh Hill have ever won a 250 SX race, and the Vohland's 125 wins were about 4 years apart (Tyson's only win was Anaheim '86 & Tallon's first win was Tampa in '90).
shuggs
3/18/2021 2:11am
So he took a proven winner and turned him into a winner?
What exactly has Hunter won before??

In Europe he was only getting started then moved to US
mac3-d
3/18/2021 3:59am Edited Date/Time 3/18/2021 4:00am
GPs more recent Seb (MX1) & Christoph Pourcel (MX2) both won Citta d' Faenza (ITA) 2007
1st Seb, 2nd, Coppins, 3rd Mike Brown.

1st Christoph, 2nd, Cairoli, 3rd, Rattray

have Malcolm & James ever won on the same day ?
CPR
3/18/2021 4:12am
So he took a proven winner and turned him into a winner?
shuggs wrote:
What exactly has Hunter won before??

In Europe he was only getting started then moved to US
Ever heard of a little thing called Motocross of Nations?
3/18/2021 4:33am
He's had potential I must admit his first race back I thought oh man not again, massive improvement in the second race and again in the 3rd, he did get lucky however with that confidence boost and improvement I believe he will be able to run with cooper and mcadoo straight up soon enough.
SilverSpurs
3/18/2021 5:32am
He's had potential I must admit his first race back I thought oh man not again, massive improvement in the second race and again in the...
He's had potential I must admit his first race back I thought oh man not again, massive improvement in the second race and again in the 3rd, he did get lucky however with that confidence boost and improvement I believe he will be able to run with cooper and mcadoo straight up soon enough.
He has the fastest laps at the A1 and A2.

He is measured and calculated and not wanting to crash.

It wont surprise to see him concede for the greater good if push comes to shove with McDoodle or Cooper- who the Lawrence bros have a little history with.

MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1924th
3/18/2021 6:59am
He could win this title. Seems very calm and doesn’t ride over his head. Super smooth..he’s gotten better every single race so far. Cooper makes a ton of mistakes and mcadoodle gets hairy at times. Nice to see a good 250 series so far with 4 winners in 4 races
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1924th
3/18/2021 7:00am
He's had potential I must admit his first race back I thought oh man not again, massive improvement in the second race and again in the...
He has the fastest laps at the A1 and A2. He is measured and calculated and not wanting to crash. It wont surprise to see him...
He has the fastest laps at the A1 and A2.

He is measured and calculated and not wanting to crash.

It wont surprise to see him concede for the greater good if push comes to shove with McDoodle or Cooper- who the Lawrence bros have a little history with.

Whew I thought I was the only one that called him mcadoodle Laughing
Ranman68
3/18/2021 8:42am Edited Date/Time 3/18/2021 8:44am
Ranman68 wrote:
I think it's cool. With his injuries and setbacks, he's had to sit and watch Jett get insane attention/glory while he hadn't done much of anything...
I think it's cool. With his injuries and setbacks, he's had to sit and watch Jett get insane attention/glory while he hadn't done much of anything. No doubt he loves his brother and has been happy for him, but still....that had to suck. Now, he gets attention/glory, and while still enjoying the success of his little brother.
Well he didn't do anything in the USA (only a couple race wins in Outdoors 2 years ago) but he won MX2 class at MXON ahead...
Well he didn't do anything in the USA (only a couple race wins in Outdoors 2 years ago) but he won MX2 class at MXON ahead of Osborne at Matterley and got 2nd at Red Bud the year after, finishing 2nd behind Coldenhoff and ahead of Prado, Barcia, Ferrandis, Plessinger...
Yes I'm aware of all that. When i said he "hadn't done much of anything", i was referring to ama supercross, and I meant YET. I know Hunter Lawrence is a badass. Perhaps i should have been more specific in my comment.
Ranman68
3/18/2021 8:49am
Ranman68 wrote:
jemcee wrote:
I don't think Hunter is a stranger to Jett getting more attention, ever since I've heard of him it's been 'Hunter is very fast and talented...
I don't think Hunter is a stranger to Jett getting more attention, ever since I've heard of him it's been 'Hunter is very fast and talented.. and his younger brother might be even better' haha I think he might even rather being the 'quiet one' even though I reckon he's way funnier than Jett
Yeah i can see what you mean. Hunter has more wit i think, but Jett has the wild nature and GQ thing going on that everybody eats up. Hell, i like em both.
shuggs
3/18/2021 9:04am
CPR wrote:
Ever heard of a little thing called Motocross of Nations?
Yes but ‘he’ didn’t win that though did he (and yes I know ‘he won MX2 class’) as it’s a team event.

In no way am I a hater tho!! I really really hope that this is the turning point for him as hate it when ANY top guy is out hurt.

Can he win it this year - why not he’s in the lead, which can only boost his confidence👌

Post a reply to: So Hunter Lawrence holds the red plate

The Latest