So Feld...how about a 2nd Daytona?

Shred
Fantasy
62nd
Edited Date/Time 3/6/2022 3:56pm
So.....Daytona is pretty much every fan’s favorite race. The Daytona 500 is 2 weeks before. Why not bracket Daytona bike week with two supercross races. The dirt is there and the track can be changed up for the second weekend. Give more fans a chance to experience Daytona. Maybe replace one of the gazillion Anaheims.

This week’s track is one of my favorite all time. Great job Ricky!
|
toroP
3/5/2022 6:10pm
Is it a Feld event?

The Shop

soggy
Fantasy
3846th
3/5/2022 6:23pm
This track STINKS. The bowl turns are way to deep. Very few places you could execute a block pass
PRM31
3/5/2022 6:53pm
On average I think Daytona is one of the best tracks! More of these would be good by me!
SEEMEFIRST
3/5/2022 7:08pm
And lose all the advertising space in the infield for the NASCAR races?

Parish the thought.
flarider
3/6/2022 4:10am
Shred wrote:
So.....Daytona is pretty much every fan’s favorite race. The Daytona 500 is 2 weeks before. Why not bracket Daytona bike week with two supercross races. The...
So.....Daytona is pretty much every fan’s favorite race. The Daytona 500 is 2 weeks before. Why not bracket Daytona bike week with two supercross races. The dirt is there and the track can be changed up for the second weekend. Give more fans a chance to experience Daytona. Maybe replace one of the gazillion Anaheims.

This week’s track is one of my favorite all time. Great job Ricky!
I had no idea how many events and shit they do in that track all year.

I lived one county south of Daytona, about 60 miles, until a month or so ago and now live right near speedway (so close, I walked pits, said hi, came home and watched practice and then drove back for night show after a nap...LOL) and I have learned that they have a full schedule in there or on part of it almost every week. Some RV show, some classic car show, big giant festival concerts, karting races (infield).

Spring break starts right after Bike Week ends next week, that's a month or so, then there's "Jeep Beach" and big jeep rally and then HBCU week and it goes on and on.

Even if the speedway itself isn't in use, the police is busy dealing with some event du jour

Tbteam
3/6/2022 4:49am
Impossible. It’s Bike WEEK. The second the SX ends, the dozers come out and flatten the track for a week full of road racing. Wouldn’t be a great thing to have a racer veer off the road course and hit a jump at 180mph.
early
Fantasy
2212th
3/6/2022 5:11am

RaceFace58
3/6/2022 5:23am
Tbteam wrote:
Impossible. It’s Bike WEEK. The second the SX ends, the dozers come out and flatten the track for a week full of road racing. Wouldn’t be...
Impossible. It’s Bike WEEK. The second the SX ends, the dozers come out and flatten the track for a week full of road racing. Wouldn’t be a great thing to have a racer veer off the road course and hit a jump at 180mph.
Not the second it ends since they have the RC amateur races too. I don’t want two Daytonas but I’d like to see maybe 6 speedway SX a year. There are tracks all over the country now and the stadiums are too cramped. Give me that over triple crowns all day long.
flarider
3/6/2022 5:30am
Tbteam wrote:
Impossible. It’s Bike WEEK. The second the SX ends, the dozers come out and flatten the track for a week full of road racing. Wouldn’t be...
RaceFace58 wrote:
Not the second it ends since they have the RC amateur races too. I don’t want two Daytonas but I’d like to see maybe 6 speedway...
Not the second it ends since they have the RC amateur races too. I don’t want two Daytonas but I’d like to see maybe 6 speedway SX a year. There are tracks all over the country now and the stadiums are too cramped. Give me that over triple crowns all day long.
This I agree with and mentioned it last year when the ATL speedway race was announced.

This should be considered the next evolution because of the power of the bikes and skills of the riders. Sub-45 lap times is just silly, IMO

You have so many good speedways you can do it in, and then that also leaves additional space for Monster Jam which is ALWAYS a part of the equation outside of Daytona.

I'd like to at least see 50/50 speedway to stadium. Speedway also adds the weather factor
aeffertz
3/6/2022 8:09am
Damn, I forgot how badass the Atlanta track is. What a beast!

Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
3/6/2022 8:17am
aeffertz wrote:
Damn, I forgot how badass the Atlanta track is. What a beast! [img] https://cdn.supercrosslive.com/s3fs-public/2021-10/rd14_atlanta_overview02.png[/img]
Damn, I forgot how badass the Atlanta track is. What a beast!

I wish we had 3-4 of these style races a year.
tuggy450
3/6/2022 9:11am
Maybe a 250 east west or combined at Daytona would be appropriate. It is a popular venue.
mxnick
3/6/2022 9:36am
toroP wrote:
Is it a Feld event?
No. The Daytona SX is promoted by DIS (Daytona International Speedway). They work very closely with Feld, and have a great relationship for one round, but it’s not a Feld event.

I highly doubt Feld would give up another date, plus the bike week tradition includes the Daytona 200 as well.
aeffertz
3/6/2022 10:01am
Park Boys wrote:
I agree. Keep the baseball stadiums and large football stadiums and replace some of the small floor football stadiums that have 40 second lap times with a few speedway tracks.

The Utah tracks are always so small, they were doing 47 second lap times. Kinda sucks that it’s always the final round now.
nousername
3/6/2022 3:56pm
Park Boys wrote:
aeffertz wrote:
I agree. Keep the baseball stadiums and large football stadiums and replace some of the small floor football stadiums that have 40 second lap times with...
I agree. Keep the baseball stadiums and large football stadiums and replace some of the small floor football stadiums that have 40 second lap times with a few speedway tracks.

The Utah tracks are always so small, they were doing 47 second lap times. Kinda sucks that it’s always the final round now.
Utah is definitely the worst track for the last round. Its gotta be the smallest floor of the series. Vegas was always good with going outside it made for something different especially being the final round.
Jordan421
Fantasy
2594th
3/6/2022 4:17pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2022 4:18pm
Anyone know how many people were there? Was at the race and felt like it was packed! Maybe the most people I’ve seen there for a race

Post a reply to: So Feld...how about a 2nd Daytona?

The Latest