So......Bobrychev "wanted " to race the USA Nationals.......but...

jeffro503
Edited Date/Time 6/12/2022 7:07pm
Because he's Russian , he's not allowed to compete. Which I think is wrong. I see Russian athletes being punished , just like the rest of the Russian population , because they have some murdering A-hole in charge over there. Bobry has been in this sport a very long time , has always seemed like a great dude , and he rips on a dirt bike.

Honestly , I think this is bullshit.
|
SoCalMX70
4/4/2022 10:47pm
Yup, the whole Russian population should be mad... At Putin.

Moving along...
tek14
4/4/2022 10:51pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Because he's Russian , he's not allowed to compete. Which I think is wrong. I see Russian athletes being punished , just like the rest of...
Because he's Russian , he's not allowed to compete. Which I think is wrong. I see Russian athletes being punished , just like the rest of the Russian population , because they have some murdering A-hole in charge over there. Bobry has been in this sport a very long time , has always seemed like a great dude , and he rips on a dirt bike.

If you are far enough you dont understand that everything has to be done until Dictator Putin is gone.
You can tell 4 million people who have fled to other countries because their homes and lives been bommed or thousands innocent people who have been executed by war criminals, that one guy needs to have his rights to race?
Reality here in Europe and being border neighbor is different.
Im sure Bobby has nothing to do with it but he can race next year as others lost their lives.
jeffro503
4/4/2022 10:52pm
BTW....UFC , Hockey , ect.....aren't banning Russian athletes.
Why is our sport doing it?
Juck
Fantasy
330th
4/4/2022 11:21pm
Political bullshit. Don't want to get political but western countries and their allies do worse all the time and face no consequences.

The Shop

Dirt.Squirt
4/4/2022 11:55pm
Yeah that’s a crock of shit, Bobryshev shouldn’t be getting screwed over like that just because he happens to be Russian.
Motofinne
4/5/2022 12:02am Edited Date/Time 4/5/2022 12:08am
Some things are way, way bigger and more important than a semi-retired dirt bike riders right to participate in races.

Have you seen the pictures and read the reports from Bucha?
FWYT
4/5/2022 12:21am
Wait, MX Sports has said that Bobrychev is not allowed to race here?
jeffro503
4/5/2022 12:37am
Motofinne wrote:
Some things are way, way bigger and more important than a semi-retired dirt bike riders right to participate in races. Have you seen the pictures and...
Some things are way, way bigger and more important than a semi-retired dirt bike riders right to participate in races.

No I haven't , as I don't know what that is. But let me ask you this......When we invaded Iraq , how many countries around the world banned our athletes?

Bobry has made a career of traveling the world racing dirt bikes. He , just like many Russian's probably don't want anything to do with this damn war. This is just freakin' stupid , and also very wrong in my eyes. Wouldn't showing the world a Non-biased approach in our sport ( like many other's have done ) show that we can tell the difference from an athlete / normal person , from their dictator leader?

Why punish someone individually , just because they were born in a different country? Isn't that pretty much painting everyone with the same huge brush?

What happens when we do that? What happens when you paint everyone as evil or bad , just because they come from a certain country? This is total bullshit , and in my eyes should be crime on an international level.
jeffro503
4/5/2022 12:44am
FWYT wrote:
From what I heard , the FIM wouldn't issue him a license. " AMA pro racing " ( which is different from AMA ) , which I guess calls the shots in MX sports , basically said " No , he is Russian , hes not allowed ".

This shit pisses me off! Keep this God damn political shit out of our sport is all I ask.
KONG
4/5/2022 12:46am
This shit pisses me off! Keep this God damn political shit out of our forum is all I ask.
jeffro503
4/5/2022 12:56am
KONG wrote:
This shit pisses me off! Keep this God damn political shit out of our forum is all I ask.
Unfortunately it infected our sport , and also affected a guys life that races professionally , and has for many years.
If that pisses you off , you should be saying that to the FIM , AMA pro racing and MX sports.
They all seem to be in agreement to banning Russian athletes.
Motofinne
4/5/2022 1:02am Edited Date/Time 4/5/2022 1:28am
Motofinne wrote:
Some things are way, way bigger and more important than a semi-retired dirt bike riders right to participate in races. Have you seen the pictures and...

jeffro503 wrote:
No I haven't , as I don't know what that is. But let me ask you this......When we invaded Iraq , how many countries around the...
No I haven't , as I don't know what that is. But let me ask you this......When we invaded Iraq , how many countries around the world banned our athletes?

Bobry has made a career of traveling the world racing dirt bikes. He , just like many Russian's probably don't want anything to do with this damn war. This is just freakin' stupid , and also very wrong in my eyes. Wouldn't showing the world a Non-biased approach in our sport ( like many other's have done ) show that we can tell the difference from an athlete / normal person , from their dictator leader?

Why punish someone individually , just because they were born in a different country? Isn't that pretty much painting everyone with the same huge brush?

What happens when we do that? What happens when you paint everyone as evil or bad , just because they come from a certain country? This is total bullshit , and in my eyes should be crime on an international level.
No, no, no Jeffro. I respect you and your thoughts on this forum but do not compare this to the American invasion of Iraq. It seems like you're completely off base in this topic.

I understand the logic behind not liking how individual Russian athletes are treated right now but i disagree. Take public stance against Putin and the people supporting him and we can talk. Otherwise, too bad.

Google Massacre in Bucha. Google Russian support in Germany. Google history of sport in Russia. People has to wake up and stop thinking there is only one guy to blame (people are starting to realize that now). The Russian athletes will be "collateral casualties" in the fight against the dictatorship, terrorists and rapists. It sucks for those who oppose this but that is a price they unfortunately will have to pay for the greater good.

I do feel bad for Bobby if he truly opposes the regime and its enablers. Anyways, this is the last post from me on this topic.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
4/5/2022 1:13am
jeffro503 wrote:
Because he's Russian , he's not allowed to compete. Which I think is wrong. I see Russian athletes being punished , just like the rest of...

tek14 wrote:
If you are far enough you dont understand that everything has to be done until Dictator Putin is gone. You can tell 4 million people who...
If you are far enough you dont understand that everything has to be done until Dictator Putin is gone.
You can tell 4 million people who have fled to other countries because their homes and lives been bommed or thousands innocent people who have been executed by war criminals, that one guy needs to have his rights to race?
Reality here in Europe and being border neighbor is different.
Im sure Bobby has nothing to do with it but he can race next year as others lost their lives.
Bombed.
Sandusky26
4/5/2022 1:17am
Yeah that’s a crock of shit, Bobryshev shouldn’t be getting screwed over like that just because he happens to be Russian.
Fuck em
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
4/5/2022 1:21am
KONG wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Unfortunately it infected our sport , and also affected a guys life that races professionally , and has for many years. If that pisses you off...
Unfortunately it infected our sport , and also affected a guys life that races professionally , and has for many years.
If that pisses you off , you should be saying that to the FIM , AMA pro racing and MX sports.
They all seem to be in agreement to banning Russian athletes.
Jeffro, nothing personal ol fruit but this is deaper than "infected our sport and infected guys that race professionally"

I understand your frustration but we can't put a few athletes above the atrocities suffered daily by citizens of the Ukrainian.
CPR
4/5/2022 2:22am
Unless Russian Bob is on record as supporting the invasion of the Ukraine, then he absolutely should not be discriminated against.
Can anyone rationally tell me what that achieves, or how it is going to have any effect on the situation over there?
chuckdavies
4/5/2022 2:31am
Motofinne wrote:
No, no, no Jeffro. I respect you and your thoughts on this forum but do not compare this to the American invasion of Iraq. It seems...
No, no, no Jeffro. I respect you and your thoughts on this forum but do not compare this to the American invasion of Iraq. It seems like you're completely off base in this topic.

I understand the logic behind not liking how individual Russian athletes are treated right now but i disagree. Take public stance against Putin and the people supporting him and we can talk. Otherwise, too bad.

Google Massacre in Bucha. Google Russian support in Germany. Google history of sport in Russia. People has to wake up and stop thinking there is only one guy to blame (people are starting to realize that now). The Russian athletes will be "collateral casualties" in the fight against the dictatorship, terrorists and rapists. It sucks for those who oppose this but that is a price they unfortunately will have to pay for the greater good.

I do feel bad for Bobby if he truly opposes the regime and its enablers. Anyways, this is the last post from me on this topic.
Speaking facts - thanks for explaining better than I could. I'm sure some of these guys complaining would have a different tone if they had family in Ukraine.
Bruce372
4/5/2022 2:32am
Is Bobrychev still a Russian citizen and does he pay taxes there?

Professional sport is big business, and business is under sanction. Follow the money, our tax dollars are funding Ukraine weapons, and Bob's tax dollars? are potentially funding the Russian invasion.

Did anyone see the Suadi formula 1 race? It didn't make big news, Iranian backed Houthi rebels bombed an oil depot next to the track. Our tax dollars are funding the proxy war through the Saudi regime that won't pump for oil for us, so now we are looking to Iran for more oil. 2 month cease fire.

What a mess the world is in, a few become mega rich and many innocent people no different than us, suffer and die.
tobz
4/5/2022 2:38am Edited Date/Time 4/5/2022 2:39am
jeffro503 wrote:

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/FIM-controversial-decisi…

Not sure if you’ve heard but it has happened in other sports, F1, soccer.
As a country Russia needs to be isolated.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
4/5/2022 2:44am
FWYT wrote:
No the fim has , they are not granting international licences to Russians
chump6784
4/5/2022 2:46am
What Putin is doing is wrong but people but banning a Russian rider from racing does nothing to change that. How does punishing a guy that makes a living racing dirt bikes have any affect on what Putin is doing? It would be like not letting Roczen race because of what Hitler did
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4382nd
4/5/2022 2:51am
For how long has been Bobby in the UK? I get the tax dolla flow but for me he is atleast 40% british by now.
moto162
4/5/2022 3:01am
No athlete who is not supporting by choice, by financial backing or Russian federation backing should be banned period. If anyone of the above apply fine. If not it's complete bullshit.
tobz
4/5/2022 3:02am
chump6784 wrote:
What Putin is doing is wrong but people but banning a Russian rider from racing does nothing to change that. How does punishing a guy that...
What Putin is doing is wrong but people but banning a Russian rider from racing does nothing to change that. How does punishing a guy that makes a living racing dirt bikes have any affect on what Putin is doing? It would be like not letting Roczen race because of what Hitler did
Do you read up on anything like this before posting, or do you just form an opinion without understanding?

Putin and Russia takes great pride in Russian athletes competing internationally and uses it in the media to portray that what they’re doing to Ukraine is fine.
Amongst other reasons:
Their shonky media can’t re-hash it any other way if their athletes are all of a sudden banished from competing everywhere.
HD1200
4/5/2022 3:04am Edited Date/Time 4/5/2022 4:29am
KONG wrote:
Dude seriously, seems moto related to me.
85Edits
4/5/2022 3:09am
Bobryshev also has a Dutch passport. He lived in the Netherlands many years. Maybe he can ride the nationals as a dutch rider?
4/5/2022 3:11am
It’s racism/nationalism. Two wrongs umm you know how it goes.
It’s motocross we aren’t other sports and that’s why we are awesome together.
Bobby is well liked by everyone. If he said he supports Putin for sure, but does he?
Persecution is a shit thing. War is a shit thing.
Bjorn645
Fantasy
1022nd
4/5/2022 4:25am Edited Date/Time 4/5/2022 4:28am
Motofinne wrote:
No, no, no Jeffro. I respect you and your thoughts on this forum but do not compare this to the American invasion of Iraq. It seems...

Yemen to tell me that the US Govt has never invaded a sovereign country on false pretext and as a result caused harm to innocent civilians? Dry
bigk218
Fantasy
3159th
4/5/2022 4:36am
Very government like to punish the citizens while the work on a cover up for the real problem.

Post a reply to: So......Bobrychev "wanted " to race the USA Nationals.......but...

The Latest