So 2015 is the last year on Monster's contract with Supercross

O___o
Edited Date/Time 10/9/2014 12:08pm
Any secret-squirrel industry speak as to who may replace them? Or perhaps they are planning on re-signing?
|
Sully22
10/7/2014 12:23pm
My insider sources tell me it's going to be....welcome to the K-Y Jelly Lubricant Supercross Series, an FIM World Championship. They could be wrong though...
rosebud441
10/7/2014 12:23pm
I can live without that green claw,, Hopefully SX can too...

God Please find us a new title sponsor.. Thanks
IWreckALot
10/7/2014 12:26pm
rosebud441 wrote:

I think Home Depot or Lowes would be awesome sponsors. Seems to fit our demographic somewhat. They probably wouldn't shell out the money to do it for a sport like SX or MX but I think it would be cool. I'd like to see us get away from a heavy energy drink reliance.
hvaughn88
10/7/2014 12:28pm
rosebud441 wrote:

IWreckALot wrote:
I think Home Depot or Lowes would be awesome sponsors. Seems to fit our demographic somewhat. They probably wouldn't shell out the money to do it...
I think Home Depot or Lowes would be awesome sponsors. Seems to fit our demographic somewhat. They probably wouldn't shell out the money to do it for a sport like SX or MX but I think it would be cool. I'd like to see us get away from a heavy energy drink reliance.
It would make me feel a little better about spending so much damn money there, haha

The Shop

Big E
10/7/2014 12:56pm
Trust me, Monster is not going anywhere...the green claw will be around for a lot longer.
10/7/2014 1:10pm
Big E wrote:
Trust me, Monster is not going anywhere...the green claw will be around for a lot longer.
yep...seems they have their paws...oops...claws in everything moto....
Kawaboy14
10/7/2014 1:12pm
If we have learned anything the last couple months, it's that we will know before the guys who are supposed to let us know, know!
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
10/7/2014 1:13pm
Actually, I believe it's longer than that.
Kawaboy14
10/7/2014 1:27pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2014 1:28pm
GuyB wrote:
Actually, I believe it's longer than that.
Ha.....we knew RV was goin euro before RV knew he was goin!
IWreckALot
10/7/2014 1:28pm
rosebud441 wrote:

IWreckALot wrote:
I think Home Depot or Lowes would be awesome sponsors. Seems to fit our demographic somewhat. They probably wouldn't shell out the money to do it...
hvaughn88 wrote:
It would make me feel a little better about spending so much damn money there, haha
No crap man. I had to replace a few fence panels this weekend. I'm pretty sure they owe me a few shares of stock from all the money I drop on them routinely. I basically make it rain in Home Depot.
hvaughn88
10/7/2014 1:57pm
IWreckALot wrote:
hvaughn88 wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
No crap man. I had to replace a few fence panels this weekend. I'm pretty sure they owe me a few shares of stock from all...
No crap man. I had to replace a few fence panels this weekend. I'm pretty sure they owe me a few shares of stock from all the money I drop on them routinely. I basically make it rain in Home Depot.
I hear ya, we just bought a new house so, of course, we are now spending money on crap to make it "our own" haha. I am gonna put in a small pump track in the back yard though. Told the wife I promised I would make it "pretty"
peelout
10/7/2014 2:07pm
i think it's hilarious that so many people have a boner for whining about Monster's presence in supercross.
Tpog496
10/7/2014 2:25pm
peelout wrote:
i think it's hilarious that so many people have a boner for whining about Monster's presence in supercross.
I was just thinking the same thing.. How odd would Lowe's Home Improvement Supercross sound?
JerseyFresh
10/7/2014 2:33pm
Yeah, they are not going anywhere. Years and years ago, a Fox shirt or hat was a give-away that you rode moto. Now it's that green M. I don't get it, and had a rant about it on here before, but it is what it is. Shitty energy drink companies make cool shit happen.
MR. X
10/7/2014 2:35pm
Maybe Camel would be interested
Tpog496
10/7/2014 2:36pm
Yeah, they are not going anywhere. Years and years ago, a Fox shirt or hat was a give-away that you rode moto. Now it's that green...
Yeah, they are not going anywhere. Years and years ago, a Fox shirt or hat was a give-away that you rode moto. Now it's that green M. I don't get it, and had a rant about it on here before, but it is what it is. Shitty energy drink companies make cool shit happen.
Nobody that I know that rides moto would wear a monster shirt.
Tpog496
10/7/2014 2:38pm
Unless they were getting paid to of course.
rosebud441
10/7/2014 2:47pm
peelout wrote:
I'm just tired of them... Their tacky, as my grandma would say.
Spartacus
10/7/2014 3:15pm
Maybe the next logical sponsor would be any pharmacy company that produces Metformin.
mxb2
10/7/2014 3:19pm
Tpog496 wrote:
So your theory, everybody wear plain tees hats and shirts unless your getting paid? I assume your bike is graphic free and vehicles have logos removed?
jeffro503
10/7/2014 3:27pm
It became tacky when all the " Bro's ' started living the Monsta-gangsta " life , with their flat bill wearing , tatted out , huge 4x4 with slicks and using the word " Bro " every 4th word in a sentence.

We can't pass all the blame onto Monster themselves for the type of people who religiously follow them. AND....weather we like it or not......they have been a huge supporter of this sport and many others. They pay out a lot of money to riders , teams , and about 1000 other things that help this sport.........so to me , I don't care if it's tacky , as long as they are helping this sport.

More the merrier as far as I'm concerned ( sponsors ). And until some other company steps up to the plate and forks over the kind of money Monster has........then ya , we need them. If we DON'T get that kind of support , our riders will race for pennies when they deserve much more.
Skippie
10/7/2014 3:33pm
Right on Jeffro, it's not Monster's fault that their "fans" happen to be all the bros. But if they are willing to routinely put out money in support of the sport and it's riders, I don't see a problem.
jeffro503
10/7/2014 3:35pm
Skippie wrote:
Right on Jeffro, it's not Monster's fault that their "fans" happen to be all the bros. But if they are willing to routinely put out money...
Right on Jeffro, it's not Monster's fault that their "fans" happen to be all the bros. But if they are willing to routinely put out money in support of the sport and it's riders, I don't see a problem.
Thank you Skip!
Tpog496
10/7/2014 3:36pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2014 3:43pm
Tpog496 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
So your theory, everybody wear plain tees hats and shirts unless your getting paid? I assume your bike is graphic free and vehicles have logos removed?
I hate when people put words in my mouth.... Yes my bike is graphic free at the moment. If you wear a monster hat chances are Jeffro just described you. Unless your getting paid to wear it.
SEE ARE125
10/7/2014 3:46pm
Tpog496 wrote:
I was just thinking the same thing.. How odd would Lowe's Home Improvement Supercross sound?
But how cool would it be to see a cardboard cutout of KR94, or ET3 in the store next to Jimmie Johnson. Think of all the people that go in those places, and to have moto scattered around inside would be create a draw for the sport, IMO.

Monster has been a catch 22, IMO. I'm glad they stepped up and supported the sport I love, but hearing "Monster" all throughout the broadcast or at the races and seeing it plastered literally EVERY where is a bit much. Never mind the fact that years ago, I remember Red Bull, Rock Star, and Monster handing out free samples and all had their own booths. Now that it's the "Monster Energy Pit Party," the competition isn't allowed to have their own booths setup to promote their products. I know some venues are limited on space, but having companies like Monster and GoPro monopolizing SX is a real bummer, and discourages other, competing companies from joining in. RD5 is now sponsored by Sony and their new helmet cam, is he even going to be able to wear it in SX? Muscle Milk Honda wasn't allowed to wear their Contour camera, because of GoPro's stranglehold.

I'm glad Monster sponsors SX, but all the stipulations that limit other companies from joining in is a bit frustrating. It's obvious why they want it that way, and I understand it's just business. But if the racers can compete, I think sponsoring companies should be allowed a chance to compete as well.
mxb2
10/7/2014 3:47pm
Tpog496 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Tpog496 wrote:
I hate when people put words in my mouth.... Yes my bike is graphic free at the moment. If you wear a monster hat chances are...
I hate when people put words in my mouth.... Yes my bike is graphic free at the moment. If you wear a monster hat chances are Jeffro just described you. Unless your getting paid to wear it.
I have a bunch of assorted moto tees some at a discount, some not, i buy what i like, my money my choice. I never tell anyone how to spend their hard earned $$. And as jeffro posted, the more the better for the sport. Anytime i get a hookup, i will help them buy using their product, and help them promote it.
Sully
10/7/2014 4:13pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
But how cool would it be to see a cardboard cutout of KR94, or ET3 in the store next to Jimmie Johnson. Think of all the...
But how cool would it be to see a cardboard cutout of KR94, or ET3 in the store next to Jimmie Johnson. Think of all the people that go in those places, and to have moto scattered around inside would be create a draw for the sport, IMO.

Monster has been a catch 22, IMO. I'm glad they stepped up and supported the sport I love, but hearing "Monster" all throughout the broadcast or at the races and seeing it plastered literally EVERY where is a bit much. Never mind the fact that years ago, I remember Red Bull, Rock Star, and Monster handing out free samples and all had their own booths. Now that it's the "Monster Energy Pit Party," the competition isn't allowed to have their own booths setup to promote their products. I know some venues are limited on space, but having companies like Monster and GoPro monopolizing SX is a real bummer, and discourages other, competing companies from joining in. RD5 is now sponsored by Sony and their new helmet cam, is he even going to be able to wear it in SX? Muscle Milk Honda wasn't allowed to wear their Contour camera, because of GoPro's stranglehold.

I'm glad Monster sponsors SX, but all the stipulations that limit other companies from joining in is a bit frustrating. It's obvious why they want it that way, and I understand it's just business. But if the racers can compete, I think sponsoring companies should be allowed a chance to compete as well.
"But how cool would it be to see a cardboard cutout of KR94, or ET3 in the store next to Jimmie Johnson. Think of all the people that go in those places, and to have moto scattered around inside would be create a draw for the sport, IMO."

Hasn't Red Bull put bikes and cardboard cutouts of Dungey and Roczen at 7/11s all over the country to promote their brand/athletes? There's more eyeballs passing through a 7/11 than Home Depot/Loews.
peelout
10/7/2014 4:19pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2014 4:21pm
peelout wrote:
rosebud441 wrote:
I'm just tired of them... Their tacky, as my grandma would say.
your grandma would probably say "they're tacky"

Wink
mark_swart
10/7/2014 4:44pm
jeffro503 wrote:
It became tacky when all the " Bro's ' started living the Monsta-gangsta " life , with their flat bill wearing , tatted out , huge...
It became tacky when all the " Bro's ' started living the Monsta-gangsta " life , with their flat bill wearing , tatted out , huge 4x4 with slicks and using the word " Bro " every 4th word in a sentence.

We can't pass all the blame onto Monster themselves for the type of people who religiously follow them. AND....weather we like it or not......they have been a huge supporter of this sport and many others. They pay out a lot of money to riders , teams , and about 1000 other things that help this sport.........so to me , I don't care if it's tacky , as long as they are helping this sport.

More the merrier as far as I'm concerned ( sponsors ). And until some other company steps up to the plate and forks over the kind of money Monster has........then ya , we need them. If we DON'T get that kind of support , our riders will race for pennies when they deserve much more.
Amen! There's an old saying about "biting the hand that feeds you" ...

I drink a Monster a year on A1 day just to say thanks!
SEE ARE125
10/7/2014 4:47pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2014 4:57pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
But how cool would it be to see a cardboard cutout of KR94, or ET3 in the store next to Jimmie Johnson. Think of all the...

Sully wrote:
[b]"But how cool would it be to see a cardboard cutout of KR94, or ET3 in the store next to Jimmie Johnson. Think of all the...
"But how cool would it be to see a cardboard cutout of KR94, or ET3 in the store next to Jimmie Johnson. Think of all the people that go in those places, and to have moto scattered around inside would be create a draw for the sport, IMO."

Hasn't Red Bull put bikes and cardboard cutouts of Dungey and Roczen at 7/11s all over the country to promote their brand/athletes? There's more eyeballs passing through a 7/11 than Home Depot/Loews.
You're right, but think about it. Red Bull.... 7/11..... it's still reaching the same 16-24 year old demographic. We're talking about adding diversity here. Home Depot/Lowe's would reach another demographic completely, and expose SX outside the Bro crowd. Think of who goes in Home Depot or Lowe's. Mostly males in the age bracket just above the Monster demographic. We're talking about 25-35 year old male homeowners who more than likely A) have a better career and more disposable income for new bikes/bike parts and SX tickets and/or B ) probably have young kids and may get them into the sport, or at the least, take them to an SX event and buy them a shirt. I'm not saying Monster needs to leave SX, I just think they could tone it down a notch, and that SX could use a more diverse sponsorship base.

Post a reply to: So 2015 is the last year on Monster's contract with Supercross

The Latest