Snow bikes racing on cbs sports

Related:
Create New Tag

1/26/2020 8:37 AM

Pretty cool to watch, set my recorder for it going forward. Photo

|

why does Kermit's fingers always smell like pork?

1/26/2020 8:46 AM

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 wrote:

Pretty cool to watch, set my recorder for it going forward. Photo

I follow the entire series. You can watch previous events HERE.

No cost. Just select an event, and under the video there's time stamps for the bigger/more important classes.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

1/26/2020 8:48 AM

Thanks Mav, I see twonstrokes still living large in the snowmobile racing series. Do they ever run a race on like a mx track type deal? I’m green when it comes to snow racing

|

1/26/2020 9:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/26/2020 9:02 AM

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 wrote:

Thanks Mav, I see twonstrokes still living large in the snowmobile racing series. Do they ever run a race on like a mx track type deal? I’m green when it comes to snow racing

The snowbike segment is growing. Previous years they only raced 1 main event. This year they switched over to a 2 moto format like outdoor MX.

Some of the tracks are shorter, but the opening round in Duluth MN is a bigger track and the finale in Lake Geneva, WI is the longest they have in the series.

This year Duluth was cancelled due to a snowstorm. Weird, I know. Visibility was practically none.

This weekend they were in Deadwood, SD. That's one of the smaller tracks. It's just an oval.

Next race takes place this upcoming Friday and Saturday in Dubuque, IA. From what I see the track should be one of the longer one's in the series.

They never race on anything as long as an MX track. Shorter tracks, more action packed, like supercross.

|

1/26/2020 9:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/26/2020 9:24 AM

X Games are on and they race there as well, but that's a one off event.

Pro Snow Bikecross

Para Snow Bikecross

Adaptive Snow Bikecross

Full Broadcast

|

1/26/2020 9:07 AM

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

The snowbike segment is growing. Previous years they only raced 1 main event. This year they switched over to a 2 moto format like outdoor MX.

Some of the tracks are shorter, but the opening round in Duluth MN is a bigger track and the finale in Lake Geneva, WI is the longest they have in the series.

This year Duluth was cancelled due to a snowstorm. Weird, I know. Visibility was practically none.

This weekend they were in Deadwood, SD. That's one of the smaller tracks. It's just an oval.

Next race takes place this upcoming Friday and Saturday in Dubuque, IA. From what I see the track should be one of the longer one's in the series.

They never race on anything as long as an MX track. Shorter tracks, more action packed, like supercross.

Just thought it would Be cool to see a race at let’s say red bud or something when there’s snow on the ground.

|

1/26/2020 9:55 AM

Snow bikes are so cool,great imagination of engineering. I hear there a lot of fun to ride, totally different feel than anything. A 14 yr old racing the pro class, track builders listening to riders. A+. Lake Geneva is full of millionares in the summer, alot of hot Chicago women,Oprah has a place on the lake.

|

1/26/2020 12:35 PM

Snowbikes on a snocross track doesn't work.

X-games did a great job of building a snowbike specific track. Their track workers were sleeping in the first heat race though.

|

1/26/2020 1:02 PM

What's faster on the same snow track, a Snow Bike or Snowmobile?

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

1/26/2020 1:07 PM

Reese95w wrote:

Sled, not sure on lap times

|

1/26/2020 1:35 PM

Reese95w wrote:

SKIDLID wrote:

Yup, no contest.

|

1/26/2020 4:08 PM

I agree sleds are faster, ever ride a mod drag sled. Fastest thing on earth, Except for top fuel and funny cars. Mod sled out of the Hole might be quicker tho.

|

1/26/2020 4:10 PM

Looks super fun, but im pretty sure you need to be Rich to play that game.

|

1/26/2020 6:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/26/2020 6:43 PM

Reese95w wrote:

SKIDLID wrote:

RacerX8 wrote:

Yup, no contest.

Actually, the snowbike is significantly faster on a track, even on a track designed for sleds. The maintained corner speed of a snowbike far exceeds the speed of a snowmobile on a closed course.

I believe FXR did a product launch with both on track with pro-level athletes and the snowbikes were lapping the sleds.

Out in the backcountry, now that's a different story.

|

1/27/2020 5:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/27/2020 6:07 AM

I work for the current and defending championship Pro Snocross team so I am around these bikes and sleds alot. Popularity has been great this season for the snow bikes. They are definitly faster than the sleds. Not insanely faster but a little bit. the corner speed is unreal, just like on dirt.

The real question will be if the popularity is still alot now that Xgames is over. We had near full gates this season. and only 8-10 this past weekend at Deadwood with the Xgames going on.

Below are lap times for Pro sleds and Snowbike. Both on fresh groomed tracks a few weeks ago at Shakopee, MN (the track Joe Sprocket posted a picture of)

Photo
Photo

|

1/27/2020 5:56 AM

Payup_199 wrote:

I work for the current and defending championship Pro Snocross team so I am around these bikes and sleds alot. Popularity has been great this season for the snow bikes. They are definitly faster than the sleds. Not insanely faster but a little bit. the corner speed is unreal, just like on dirt.

The real question will be if the popularity is still alot now that Xgames is over. We had near full gates this season. and only 8-10 this past weekend at Deadwood with the Xgames going on.

Below are lap times for Pro sleds and Snowbike. Both on fresh groomed tracks a few weeks ago at Shakopee, MN (the track Joe Sprocket posted a picture of)

Photo
Photo

Thanks for posting.

Is there a place to see these lap times after the race similar to the SX/ MX?

I did a search and couldn't find them on the ISOC website.

|

1/27/2020 6:11 AM

Zaugg wrote:

Thanks for posting.

you need to download the speedhive or Race monitor app on your phone to see lap times.Or you can go to each of the apps websites and see lap times.

https://www.race-monitor.com/Results/Search?searchTerm=snocross

https://speedhive.mylaps.com/ (search "snocross")

|

1/27/2020 7:03 AM

I went snow biking for the first time outside of Heber City, Utah a couple weekends ago. They are a lot of fun to ride and in the powder they feel very similar to a bike in sand. It’s almost unreal how much they can do.

The rental company had a couple bikes break so our group had to get a couple snowmobiles which we rotated between since everyone came for the bikes. The bikes are much more nimble and can go more places than the snowmobiles. A couple of the guys in our group are very experienced snowmobile guys (I’m not) and even they had trouble getting the snowmobiles through some of the deep powder we were riding through on the bikes. We were carving through bowls up on the mountain with the powder as high as our handlebars. It was insane! The snow bikes are way down on power compared to the snowmobiles though. On a track I’d much rather have the bike but on a wide, smooth trail or open field, the snowmobiles blow the bikes away in speed. The bikes are also more difficult to jump because they’re down on power, heavy and long compared to their motocross form.

Photo
Photo

|

1/27/2020 7:58 AM

Payup_199 wrote:

Photo
Photo

Zaugg wrote:

Thanks for posting.

Payup_199 wrote:

you need to download the speedhive or Race monitor app on your phone to see lap times.Or you can go to each of the apps websites and see lap times.

https://www.race-monitor.com/Results/Search?searchTerm=snocross

https://speedhive.mylaps.com/ (search "snocross")

Thanks dude...

|

1/27/2020 8:02 AM

731chopper wrote:

I went snow biking for the first time outside of Heber City, Utah a couple weekends ago. They are a lot of fun to ride and in the powder they feel very similar to a bike in sand. It’s almost unreal how much they can do.

The rental company had a couple bikes break so our group had to get a couple snowmobiles which we rotated between since everyone came for the bikes. The bikes are much more nimble and can go more places than the snowmobiles. A couple of the guys in our group are very experienced snowmobile guys (I’m not) and even they had trouble getting the snowmobiles through some of the deep powder we were riding through on the bikes. We were carving through bowls up on the mountain with the powder as high as our handlebars. It was insane! The snow bikes are way down on power compared to the snowmobiles though. On a track I’d much rather have the bike but on a wide, smooth trail or open field, the snowmobiles blow the bikes away in speed. The bikes are also more difficult to jump because they’re down on power, heavy and long compared to their motocross form.

Photo
Photo

That's sweet...

I'd prefer a sled to a snowbike in the backcountry and in general for sure. Snowbikes are cool but I've ridden sleds my whole life and the newer mountain sleds are unreal.

Cool you got to experience both back to back like that.

How many times did you guys run out of gas on the bikes? haha

|

1/27/2020 8:09 AM

Zaugg wrote:

That's sweet...

I'd prefer a sled to a snowbike in the backcountry and in general for sure. Snowbikes are cool but I've ridden sleds my whole life and the newer mountain sleds are unreal.

Cool you got to experience both back to back like that.

How many times did you guys run out of gas on the bikes? haha

We had a 3 gallon can strapped to the top of the track (you can sort of see it covered in snow behind the silencer in my photo) and between that and starting with a full tank we got through a full day (9am - 3:30pm) but we were bingo on fuel at the end.

|

1/27/2020 8:26 AM

You guys think these are safer than sleds? Ive lost three friends to sleds over the past 6 years. :/

Why do so many people die on sleds? Is it the fact that they dont stop or turn worth a shit but go 200 MPH? Two of the guys that passed away from crashing on a sled were moto guys that grew up riding with me. They were not rookies. I just dont get it.

|

1/27/2020 8:46 AM

devotid wrote:

You guys think these are safer than sleds? Ive lost three friends to sleds over the past 6 years. :/

Why do so many people die on sleds? Is it the fact that they dont stop or turn worth a shit but go 200 MPH? Two of the guys that passed away from crashing on a sled were moto guys that grew up riding with me. They were not rookies. I just dont get it.

Yeah ive lost a few even seen my 59 year old friend get killed by a pick up cus he didnt see the road crossing. Sleds are easy to go fast with with little to no experience

|

1/27/2020 8:55 AM

I announced a couple of them at ERX. Very fun events but pretty also cold and wet too. lol

|

Instagram - @MxCulture

1/27/2020 9:05 AM

I saw a couple of the Snobikes at the Jackpine this year on a trailer. I think it was called a Timbersled?

Anyone know anyone that rents them in Michigan? Maybe I should just put my money where my mouth is and just try one.

How much snow is needed to enjoy it?

Thanks

|

1/27/2020 10:00 AM

devotid wrote:

In my opinion they’re safer if you’re experienced with motorcycles because they’re more stable on uneven terrain so you don’t have to do the whole stand on one side so it doesn’t roll bit and they don’t have the dragster power to go from 0 to hero so effortlessly. You can stop and sit on one without touching the ground with your feet if the ground is fairly level but it isn’t as easy to do as on a snowmobile where it acts more like stopping with a 4-wheeler.

I have no idea what the minimum amount of snow is but I can say that the bikes really shine in powder and traversing terrain. They’re not that fun on a hard packed trail. I didn’t think the snowmobiles were much fun on that either though.

|

1/27/2020 8:02 PM

devotid wrote:

Very high speeds, snow,ice= no rules. Guys installing 1100 cc engines in 3 wheels, building lake engines,wide open for miles on the bay, 100 plus who knows, hit anything and it,s super air time. Duck creek flows into the bay, sled hit the bank and landed on a 2 story house.

|

1/28/2020 3:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/28/2020 3:55 PM

What really sucks is Doug Henry is paralyzed and can still out-ride me......angry It just ain't fair. Even so, he's still a hero of mine.cool

|

1/31/2020 4:04 PM

Round 9 Stream from Dubuque, Iowa.

Opening Ceremonies starting followed by Moto 1 of the Pro SnowBike class. Then it's a few sled races before Moto 2 of the SnowBike class which should be around 8:30pm local time/9:30pm eastern.

Schedule

6:20 PM Pro SnowBike Moto 1
6:35 PM Pro Round 1
6:55 PM Pro Lite Round 2
7:15 PM Sport FINAL
7:35 PM Pro Round 2
7:55 PM Pro Lite LCQ
8:05 PM Pro AM Women FINAL
8:25 PM Pro SnowBike Moto 2
8:40 PM Pro LCQ
8:55 PM Pro Lite FINAL
9:20 PM Pro FINAL

*If you think Ralph sucks, don't listen. Mike Schroeder absolutely sucks. He keeps on saying drivers instead of riders.
|

1/31/2020 6:09 PM

Moto 2 of Pro SnowBike is coming up next.

|