Smooth move Bowers.

Drtbykr
2/16/2019 9:53pm
I remember the Saddleback Massacre. Outside, lighter bikes, lower speeds.

SX, different.

When Bowers was disqualified, Blair took his shirt off.

That’s main event, last lap shit.
deluxeman
2/16/2019 10:14pm
It was a bitch move, it wasnt for a pass it was to intentionally take someone out. Barcia did hit Bowers last year but it wasn’t an intentional take out and it wasnt a kamikaze move like this one. Yes Bowers leg was broken and yes Barcia has made his share of bitch moves.

I think its high time the AMA does something about this kind of crap. Going for an agressive pass is so much different than targeting another roder. Lots of people on here call SX Deathcross and bitching about riders getting injured but they are Ok with this worthless shit. You just can’t please everyone.

I will agree that the AMA doesn’t hand out penalties equally and they pick and choose who, why and when a little too willy nilly for me. They need to state the rules by which penalties will be handed out and stick to them not matter who it is. So yeah the AMA is culpable on this situation.
Stoop
Fantasy
1021st
2/16/2019 10:19pm
Has anyone mentioned Barcia broke Bowers leg yet?
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2425th
2/16/2019 10:21pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I'm disappointed in the officials almost as much as I am in some of you that've never raced and...yet...you come in here and bitch like you...
I'm disappointed in the officials almost as much as I am in some of you that've never raced and...yet...you come in here and bitch like you were the one that was hit.

Shit happens.

DQing Bowers was simply stupid.
Got D'qed but footage will be aired in the highlights reel every week for the rest of the season.

Yep you can't do that, you are DQed, but we will use it to promote the sport to the masses for weeks on end.

The Shop

cmotodad
2/16/2019 10:23pm
What a bunch of whining babies! Barcia has a history of making contact and Bowers ended up with a broken leg last year. Bowers deserves to be considered a quality athlete.and has earned every bit of support he gets.. I find it interesting that TB43 voiced his opinion about the lime in San Diego and he gets DQ'd for something Barcia does pretty regularly. The AMA sucks and treat the privateers like crap. Double standards for all with eyes to see.
blackdiamond
2/16/2019 10:25pm
If it was the other way around there would not have been a DQ. Feld has turned SX into a reality show.

They should stick to Disney on Ice and Monster Jam.
mikec265
2/16/2019 10:30pm
If I punched you in the face, wouldn't you at least try to return the favor? I wouldn't put up with that shit from Barcia either if I were him. Good for Bowers. Maybe it's a Bowers thing. Kind of crazy that the Tyler Bowers is no relation, but my mom's side of the family is the Bowers side. Payback is a bitch, and Barcia deserved it.
Texas Built
2/16/2019 10:47pm
That gif makes it look even more stupid. My god. Don’t let’s these guys actually race. Or let racing incidents happen. Fuck they push to the...
That gif makes it look even more stupid. My god. Don’t let’s these guys actually race. Or let racing incidents happen.

Fuck they push to the limit and sometimes make a mistake and crash. Seemed like bowers was on the edge and couldn’t get slowed down enough to make the turn and barcia got clipped. Racing incident.
If Bowers is that terrible at getting slowed down enough he should not be racing pro SX.
Bob_Ryan
2/16/2019 10:54pm
These 2 are more alike then they are different. What I saw on my TV was Bowers going for the kill !!! No intentions of stopping or turning. Neither one of these guys are angels and believe me there has been many a time as a fan I wanted punch Barcia's lights out for some of the shit he has pulled over the years and I am just watching it on TV !!!But if the AMA is gonna DQ riders they need to be consistent in the call. Bowers move tonight was deliberate no doubt but understandable because of the history involved. What's that old saying. two wrongs don't make a right ???
wm741
2/16/2019 11:04pm
DJAKE wrote:
Bowers getting DQ'd for that is just stupid. This sport is made up of the toughest athletes out there, let them ride and handle things on...
Bowers getting DQ'd for that is just stupid. This sport is made up of the toughest athletes out there, let them ride and handle things on their own. I don't care who hit who, disqualification was not necessary. Just another poor decision by the AMA this year.
When it gets to the point where riders are aiming at injuring other riders rather than racing forward then a disqualification is reasonable.
DJAKE wrote:
Please see the post above yours. I don't blame Bowers one bit.
This is fk’ing reduculous. There’s been WAY worse with no penalties. He clearly went for the front wheel and hit body to body first.
jeffro503
2/16/2019 11:12pm
iudi2006 wrote:
I missed the heat races, anyone got video of the takeout?
I missed the heat races, anyone got video of the takeout?
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Check the race thread, someone made a gif of it.
SKlein wrote:
[embed] via Gfycat[/embed]
LMFAO!.....Justin knew that was coming , and strutted off like " Ok , ok....guess we're some what even "

FWIW , I thought the DQ was bullshit. I dig both dudes a bunch , but I have seen plenty of take outs over the years that put that one to shame , and neither rider got DQ'd. Dock him some starting gate picks or something , but don't take him out of the race. Shit happens in racing , and if you start DQ'ing guy's for moves like that , I think they are going in the wrong direction.
tek14
2/16/2019 11:25pm
Big baby in mans body. If hurting other rider is higher on your list than making main you should be DQ from more races if not whole season.
blackdiamond
2/16/2019 11:27pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Check the race thread, someone made a gif of it.
SKlein wrote:
[embed] via Gfycat[/embed]
jeffro503 wrote:
LMFAO!.....Justin knew that was coming , and strutted off like " Ok , ok....guess we're some what even " FWIW , I thought the DQ was...
LMFAO!.....Justin knew that was coming , and strutted off like " Ok , ok....guess we're some what even "

FWIW , I thought the DQ was bullshit. I dig both dudes a bunch , but I have seen plenty of take outs over the years that put that one to shame , and neither rider got DQ'd. Dock him some starting gate picks or something , but don't take him out of the race. Shit happens in racing , and if you start DQ'ing guy's for moves like that , I think they are going in the wrong direction.
Before SX became politicized and pussified: Bradshaw vs Chiccken
milliebays
2/16/2019 11:30pm
Barcia had it coming and bowers got unevenly punished.
hamncheeze
2/16/2019 11:31pm
That move was nothing compare to say Alesia on Tickle.

My one issue with punishment for “retaliation” is that the riding who does the initial deed never really gets punished. . So the the best course of action is to always be the aggressor like JA21, go around running into guys, take some warnings but if someone like Seely or Baggett cleans him they get the DQ.
JM485
2/16/2019 11:34pm
Riders can police themselves, the AMA needs to take a back seat.
hamncheeze
2/16/2019 11:36pm
The move was pretty light compared to say, Alessi on Tickle.

I don’t like the “retaliation” punishment. The initial aggressor always has the advantage. Just like JA21 better to always be the aggressor. If Seely or Baggett ever really smash him they’ll be DQed.
Crush
2/16/2019 11:39pm
Drtbykr wrote:
I remember the Saddleback Massacre. Outside, lighter bikes, lower speeds. SX, different. When Bowers was disqualified, Blair took his shirt off. That’s main event, last lap...
I remember the Saddleback Massacre. Outside, lighter bikes, lower speeds.

SX, different.

When Bowers was disqualified, Blair took his shirt off.

That’s main event, last lap shit.
Bullshit. Blockpasses and take downs are woven in to the fabric of the sport, inside and out.

Bowers got DQ'ed for something that happened in the very next race, in the highlight reel for the break and has been done 10 times by the guy he did it too.

And i'd put money on him missing his brake, no-one attempts a take out that way and gives themselves no chance at riding out of it, especially not an arenacross champ who probably has taken out loads of people legitimately and knows how to do it!
kpersonius264
Fantasy
3545th
2/17/2019 12:08am
I hate that Bowers got dq’d! Fans love that rivalry at the drama makes it so much fun to watch. Heres why I think they dq’d him. Bowers isn’t in the points because he didn’t race a1 so it’s not gonna kill his season. He and barcia are the two guys that you don’t mess with and tonight shows why. Barcia was gonna get him back ASAP, and then it would continue for who knows how long. I believe the Dq ended it for the most part. Barcia is in the points so if he is smart he won’t retaliate because the ama is gonna be watching.
Motofinne
2/17/2019 12:53am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2019 1:08am
Tyler Bowers is one pathetic racer. I wish nothing good on the race track for that guy.
fullfloater
Fantasy
14th
2/17/2019 2:02am
If Bowers had stayed up and qualified, what would have happened? I was no worse that the clips of barcia vs bowers in this thread
Motofinne
2/17/2019 2:05am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2019 3:09am
tek14 wrote:
Big baby in mans body. If hurting other rider is higher on your list than making main you should be DQ from more races if not...
Big baby in mans body. If hurting other rider is higher on your list than making main you should be DQ from more races if not whole season.
I agree (well, except for the DQ the whole season opinion). I could not care less what Bowers or any other rider for that matter has done outside the track before. But Bowers antics on the track is and has always been a disgrace, the fact that the guy prioritizes the "dump the clutch and torpedo" a colleague over trying to make the main says it all.

Pathetic.
2/17/2019 3:14am
Everyone needs to remember the guy that was taken out is called “bam bam” haha
I actually think Barcia wasn’t even that mad about it
BobKerr
2/17/2019 4:58am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2019 5:00am
diz330 wrote:
bowers should be protesting. All he has to say is he missed his front brake coming into the corner. How can anyone prove that was intentional.
The dirt flying up off his rear tire as he was on the gas headed for Barcia's leg. There is NO DOUBT that was intentional.
GangGreen
2/17/2019 5:16am
When it gets to the point where riders are aiming at injuring other riders rather than racing forward then a disqualification is reasonable.
Typical Bullshit from the AMA. No DQ for the blatant take-out shown below ............... "Reactive" vs. "Proactive".... It's like they make the rules up as they go along !!!

2/17/2019 5:26am
If you look at the slow motion GIF it looks like Bowers was planning to run barcia high along the length of the berm. I'm betting Barcia didnt even know he was there and hit the brakes to cut down on the inside line.As he hit the brakes bowers was coming hot with nowhere to go. Bowers probably wasn't expecting the sudden stop and had no where to go because it happened so quickly. If you watch the first rider who passes them you will see them cut down on this inside line.
yak651
Fantasy
168th
2/17/2019 5:34am
My opinion it doesn't look that bad because Barcia was pretty graceful in the dismount. If he would've stayed with the bike going over the berm the result could've been way different. Agree he shouldn't have been DQ'd, but Bowers is an idiot.
2/17/2019 6:11am
I miss when Tyler Evans would get in a fight then be in the opening ceremonies with his shirt off the next weekend.
BobbyM
2/17/2019 6:18am
he was disqualified because he demonstrated an extremely shitty imitation of a block pass ...piss poor . You should never...NEVER go down if it's executed properly.

Dumb move...dumb.
ChubbyCat113
2/17/2019 6:27am
Barcia will do the same thing to someone within the next couple weeks, desperation is about to set in for him since he's not in the spotlight......bet he won't get DQd though

Post a reply to: Smooth move Bowers.

The Latest