Smoke with my wallet.

AJ565
4/5/2018 6:26am
Good looking bike. There is a thread in the tech help about jetting on this bike. We've got it pretty dialed in way cheaper than a new carb would cost. From what I've heard about the Lectron it takes away a good amount of the hit and some bottom end.
tp4
4/5/2018 6:56am
really sweet bike..congrats on the purchase.
4/5/2018 8:34am
TJMX947 wrote:
Did you keep the KX or are you going all in on the two stroke? Sweet bike, at the risk of getting crucified on here, I...
Did you keep the KX or are you going all in on the two stroke?

Sweet bike, at the risk of getting crucified on here, I think they look killer with a KTM front fender.
Ive got one new bike (this one) and one old bike, 1970 SL100. Everything else is gone Sad
Asimo
4/5/2018 8:49am Edited Date/Time 4/5/2018 8:56am
Fuck that 60:1 bullshit. That's for emissions, or maybe my 85 year old grand dad out putting around.
If you're riding hard run 40:1. Trails maybe 50:1. I'd read up on oil migration times

The longer at WFO, and the higher the RPM, the more oil is needed.
ie, an outdoor pro like JS7 would run more oil at Glen Helen than would be needed in say SX where you are on off on off on off etc.

Karts alot of times are running 16:1, but they are WFO all the time for long periods and burn it off. Make sense?

More oil wont hurt a thing.

BTW, I have a new TPI with OI and ran 40:1 through the first 2 tanks to make sure the oil pump was pumping right.

So far, its averaging about 40-50:1 or so but I havent ran it that hard yet. 50/50 off road and track.
And thats right where I would expect it for the riding I've done and I'm pleased with that calibration.

Otherwise I'd richen up the oil a bit.

The Shop

jeffro503
4/5/2018 9:00am
Thanks everyone. I’m going to try the stock carb with the correct 60:1 mix and see how it is. If it’s not up to par I’ll...
Thanks everyone. I’m going to try the stock carb with the correct 60:1 mix and see how it is. If it’s not up to par I’ll order a Lectron. Got a few more goodies on order and I need to get an exhaust with spark arrestor before it’s “done”.

The map switch is interesting.

I had thought this as well , but after doing a bunch of research , it sounds like a Kehien carb would be a better solution ( for moto anyways ). If you are riding up and down single track with high elevation's , for sure a lectron would be great. Just some fyi on what I had read. And either way , you are going to fall in love with her.
ThatOneKid
4/5/2018 9:06am Edited Date/Time 4/5/2018 9:08am
I put it in the living room for a picture with my sons Strider bike. If its snowing outside. leaving it right where she sits. Its...
I put it in the living room for a picture with my sons Strider bike. If its snowing outside. leaving it right where she sits. Its cleaner than half the stuff in the house and has almost no fuel in it. I want the little guy to grow up looking at proper art and this thing is art to me. First euro bike. As soon as its 50 ish and sunny out...time to get dirty. Ill try and post more pictures tonight once all the decals are on.

Very nice bike. See you're in Michigan, where do you usually ride? Did a race at Battle Creek this summer and really liked the track.
4/5/2018 10:14am
Asimo wrote:
Fuck that 60:1 bullshit. That's for emissions, or maybe my 85 year old grand dad out putting around. If you're riding hard run 40:1. Trails maybe...
Fuck that 60:1 bullshit. That's for emissions, or maybe my 85 year old grand dad out putting around.
If you're riding hard run 40:1. Trails maybe 50:1. I'd read up on oil migration times

The longer at WFO, and the higher the RPM, the more oil is needed.
ie, an outdoor pro like JS7 would run more oil at Glen Helen than would be needed in say SX where you are on off on off on off etc.

Karts alot of times are running 16:1, but they are WFO all the time for long periods and burn it off. Make sense?

More oil wont hurt a thing.

BTW, I have a new TPI with OI and ran 40:1 through the first 2 tanks to make sure the oil pump was pumping right.

So far, its averaging about 40-50:1 or so but I havent ran it that hard yet. 50/50 off road and track.
And thats right where I would expect it for the riding I've done and I'm pleased with that calibration.

Otherwise I'd richen up the oil a bit.

Im not fast and havnt been on a two stroke in a while. Im a C class goon at best. I plan on being in the woods with this one more often.
Bramlett321
4/5/2018 10:14am
Thanks everyone. I’m going to try the stock carb with the correct 60:1 mix and see how it is. If it’s not up to par I’ll...
Thanks everyone. I’m going to try the stock carb with the correct 60:1 mix and see how it is. If it’s not up to par I’ll order a Lectron. Got a few more goodies on order and I need to get an exhaust with spark arrestor before it’s “done”.

Man I love that bike....We have the same scoot but they're 300's and did get the Mikuni better by cleaning out the airbox a little and venting it. But when we put the Lectron on it was a totally different bike. Enjoy!!!
4/5/2018 10:15am
I put it in the living room for a picture with my sons Strider bike. If its snowing outside. leaving it right where she sits. Its...
I put it in the living room for a picture with my sons Strider bike. If its snowing outside. leaving it right where she sits. Its cleaner than half the stuff in the house and has almost no fuel in it. I want the little guy to grow up looking at proper art and this thing is art to me. First euro bike. As soon as its 50 ish and sunny out...time to get dirty. Ill try and post more pictures tonight once all the decals are on.

ThatOneKid wrote:
Very nice bike. See you're in Michigan, where do you usually ride? Did a race at Battle Creek this summer and really liked the track.
Well if you see me out and about stop by. Ride at BC, Portland, Morelands, Log road, Baja, the normal D14 tracks. I love Tin Cup trail and Gladwin as well. Going to do more hare scrambles this year.
4/5/2018 10:17am

jeffro503 wrote:
I had thought this as well , but after doing a bunch of research , it sounds like a Kehien carb would be a better solution...
I had thought this as well , but after doing a bunch of research , it sounds like a Kehien carb would be a better solution ( for moto anyways ). If you are riding up and down single track with high elevation's , for sure a lectron would be great. Just some fyi on what I had read. And either way , you are going to fall in love with her.
Im at 945 elevation which should be pretty close to the stock jetting. No mountains here in MI. Going to try it but every seems to say they are great bikes and a Lectron makes it even better. Cant wait to ride it.
Tryhard
4/5/2018 10:21am
never ride it , replace dining room table with this !
TJMX947
4/5/2018 11:34am
TJMX947 wrote:
Did you keep the KX or are you going all in on the two stroke? Sweet bike, at the risk of getting crucified on here, I...

Sweet bike, at the risk of getting crucified on here, I think they look killer with a KTM front fender.
Ive got one new bike (this one) and one old bike, 1970 SL100. Everything else is gone Sad
Man you have a really nice wife to let you buy new bikes frequently!!! When I bought my 350 last summer my wife said "This is a 5 year bike. If you mention wanting something different before 5 years consider yourself legally separated, or you can sell the KTM...you pick"
4/5/2018 1:25pm
TJMX947 wrote:

TJMX947 wrote:
Man you have a really nice wife to let you buy new bikes frequently!!! When I bought my 350 last summer my wife said "This is...
Man you have a really nice wife to let you buy new bikes frequently!!! When I bought my 350 last summer my wife said "This is a 5 year bike. If you mention wanting something different before 5 years consider yourself legally separated, or you can sell the KTM...you pick"
eh had to sell bikes to afford two houses for a while. sold old house and made bank since we bought in 2010 when prices were super low. wife got new house, i got new husky. I also have no other hobbies besides work :/
4/6/2018 2:48am
kawasa84 wrote:
Beautiful. If you have the money, buy 2. 1 for the living room in your house like that one, and 1 for the track!! Glad you...
Beautiful. If you have the money, buy 2.
1 for the living room in your house like that one, and 1 for the track!!
Glad you bought the "smoker"
PJRAUS wrote:
No way...he'd end up never going to the track, the temptation to sit in the living room drinking beers and looking at the pretty bike would...
No way...he'd end up never going to the track, the temptation to sit in the living room drinking beers and looking at the pretty bike would be too much! well it would be for me..

Nice! That thing is badass! Might be getting one my self in a couple weeks. Enjoy and let us know what mods you do, my Dad used to to take care of my bikes so its all new to me. Congrats that's a pretty steed.
TJMX947
4/6/2018 4:53am
eh had to sell bikes to afford two houses for a while. sold old house and made bank since we bought in 2010 when prices were...
eh had to sell bikes to afford two houses for a while. sold old house and made bank since we bought in 2010 when prices were super low. wife got new house, i got new husky. I also have no other hobbies besides work :/
I heard that. Same here, I try to have other hobbies but it just doesn't work out. MX is always #1 so my lack of free time cannibalizes anything else.

Congrats on the new bike. Nothing is more fun than shredding sand on a 250 two stroke!
TJMX947
4/6/2018 4:55am
Another question to you Michigan guys. Does Battle Creek have midweek practice? I work pretty closely with Kellogg's and if I'm ever up that way for work I wanted to stop in and take a look. The helmet cams videos always look pretty cool.
4/6/2018 7:29am
TJMX947 wrote:
Another question to you Michigan guys. Does Battle Creek have midweek practice? I work pretty closely with Kellogg's and if I'm ever up that way for...
Another question to you Michigan guys. Does Battle Creek have midweek practice? I work pretty closely with Kellogg's and if I'm ever up that way for work I wanted to stop in and take a look. The helmet cams videos always look pretty cool.
Not for the public. You can join their club and then ride more frequent.

Decals on:

FahQ
4/6/2018 8:33am
Very nice, great choice!
I used the pic to show my friends, I run the same number Wink
4/20/2018 2:08am

Finished the decals, got an FMF Turbine core 2.1 and finally rode it around the house. Bike feels amazing. This bike is sooo different than my YZ250 or KX250.

I’ll be going to the track this weekend so I’ll get some good feedback.
4/20/2018 4:45am
Hey brother. Before you go off and buy a Lectron, see if the $75 JD jet kit tickles your fancy. It did with me. Highly highly suggest it. Their progressive needle makes a BIG difference.

The Mikuni isn’t junk. The settings inside it are. Food for thought.
Whymee
4/20/2018 5:16pm
I have a 18 TC250 too. .6 hrs on it.

Like other have said, check your reeds. The clutch slave cylinder seal might leak. Replace with one off a KTM. I had major jetting issues. Finally went the Keihin route with a JD kit. I also have a STIC metering block to try.

Oh, that seat cover has to go. Slickest cover my cheeks have been on in a long time!

Only rode it one time last year. Can't ride now. Surgery looming ahead. Hope to later on in the year.

I think the Huskys are the nicest looking bikes in the pits, plus I do like white on my MX bikes.

Enjoy yours to the fullest!

Post a reply to: Smoke with my wallet.

The Latest