Small 2018 MXoN Behind the Scenes Photo Feature (World of Echo)

12/21/2018 9:43am
Hey all, I've been posting throughout the year under the "World of Echo: Motocross Filmmakers" thread. I saw a lot of positive feedback there, plenty of negative too. I wanted to start posting under different threads for pieces I do that don't involve interviews, such as this article I did on my week at the MXoN. If I ought to keep everything under the original thread, just let me know.

If you're interested, this is just a small article I wrote about my time in Buchanan. RedBud is my home track, and the Ritchie's invited me to stay the week in my motorhome at RedBud for the race. I spent Monday through Friday taking digital photos for them, but I kept some film cameras on my side to get some personal shots. A lot of what I wrote is just little anecdotes or stories from certain moments or things that happened. You can skim through it below if you're curious. Thanks.

https://inaworldofecho.com/2018/12/11/homespun-2018-mxon/
|
Natester551v
12/21/2018 8:35pm
Good read! Thanks for sharing - that was cool...
12/22/2018 9:42am
Good read! Thanks for sharing - that was cool...
Appreciate it! Glad you enjoyed it. Smile
12/22/2018 3:54pm
Man, that was a really good read and look. Sensational even! And it was the best race I've ever been to roughly in 30 years I think I've been going to them. And 3rd Nations even. I too was extremely happy and satisfied during (and at one point ecstatic when our team was winning) and after the event and for many weeks after that, and no other drug lasts that long. Nice work all around.
12/23/2018 8:22am
Man, that was a really good read and look. Sensational even! And it was the best race I've ever been to roughly in 30 years I...
Man, that was a really good read and look. Sensational even! And it was the best race I've ever been to roughly in 30 years I think I've been going to them. And 3rd Nations even. I too was extremely happy and satisfied during (and at one point ecstatic when our team was winning) and after the event and for many weeks after that, and no other drug lasts that long. Nice work all around.
Thanks for the kind words! Australia was looking so good at this event. I wonder if in a few years time we might see them take their first MXoN title? With Lawrence riding as good as he is and his brother coming up right behind him, who knows! I hope I can make it to another MXoN in my life, it's the perfect mix of crazy and moto. I'm guessing the other two events you went to were Budds Creek and Colorado?

The Shop

12/23/2018 10:56pm
Man, that was a really good read and look. Sensational even! And it was the best race I've ever been to roughly in 30 years I...
JConley691 wrote:
Thanks for the kind words! Australia was looking so good at this event. I wonder if in a few years time we might see them take...
Thanks for the kind words! Australia was looking so good at this event. I wonder if in a few years time we might see them take their first MXoN title? With Lawrence riding as good as he is and his brother coming up right behind him, who knows! I hope I can make it to another MXoN in my life, it's the perfect mix of crazy and moto. I'm guessing the other two events you went to were Budds Creek and Colorado?
Colorado and Manjimup, Western Australia in 92. Just thinking that it would be around 40 years since I saw my first mx race that was actually a SX that even Jeff Leisk was racing in before taking on the USA and then GP's.
Tumblin
12/24/2018 7:53am Edited Date/Time 12/24/2018 7:53am
I loved and agree with your old school analogy...the struggle was real!! Lol
There is something unforgettable about enduring, elements and exposure. Add in a pack of exclusive Europeans and I had my own Trans-AMA reflections as well.
I enjoyed that, thank you!
12/24/2018 9:22am
Tumblin wrote:
I loved and agree with your old school analogy...the struggle was real!! Lol There is something unforgettable about enduring, elements and exposure. Add in a pack...
I loved and agree with your old school analogy...the struggle was real!! Lol
There is something unforgettable about enduring, elements and exposure. Add in a pack of exclusive Europeans and I had my own Trans-AMA reflections as well.
I enjoyed that, thank you!
Thanks man! Happy to hear you connected with what I wrote. It all comes from my Dad, those stories, so I try to write as accurate and articulate as I can about stuff I wasn't around to see. I suppose having someone else who was there enjoy this stuff is validating to me. So, thanks!

Merry Christmas to you and all the others who have checked this out! I really appreciate it.

Post a reply to: Small 2018 MXoN Behind the Scenes Photo Feature (World of Echo)

The Latest