SlipShot holeshot device...Thoughts?

viking24
Edited Date/Time 10/21/2018 7:29am
Saw the feature on the AIM Day 3 video. Interesting idea...pros / cons?
|
ga_pike
10/18/2018 10:04am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Pics or anything?
Check out the AIM Day 3 video on the homepage.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/18/2018 10:22am
Interesting design for sure...

But why the hell can't anyone just practice and try to perfect starts on their own?

The Shop

seth505
Fantasy
1271st
10/18/2018 10:24am Edited Date/Time 10/18/2018 1:21pm
#holeshotdevicesshoulddie

PS- nothing against slipshot or any manufacturer, just don't think they belong on bikes.
AJ565
10/18/2018 11:30am
Seems late to market with more hydro clutch bikes coming out vs. a cable clutch.
murph783
10/18/2018 12:05pm
Yeah I don’t know about all that. Maybe it’d work on concrete/grate starts but I don’t see it doing a while hell of a lot of good on dirt.
Slipshot
10/18/2018 12:40pm
I appreciate the thoughts and questions. I have a hydraulic design in testing. Stay tuned for that. Also, I have been testing for almost 3 years using electronic data (LitPro and others) to validate its validity. 15 foot times by the top pro’s are generally .93 seconds; but it’s never consistent. Slipshot can help you not only with consistency but I can also back up 15 foot times in the .89 and .88 areas. That’s HUGE in 15 feet. I have tested with some of the best athletes in the USA and Star Racing used it all SX season. Basically, hold the throttle wide open and let the clutch go. Go check out Slipshot on YouTube to see some testing and LitPro data. Thanks!!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/18/2018 12:53pm
Slipshot wrote:
I appreciate the thoughts and questions. I have a hydraulic design in testing. Stay tuned for that. Also, I have been testing for almost 3 years...
I appreciate the thoughts and questions. I have a hydraulic design in testing. Stay tuned for that. Also, I have been testing for almost 3 years using electronic data (LitPro and others) to validate its validity. 15 foot times by the top pro’s are generally .93 seconds; but it’s never consistent. Slipshot can help you not only with consistency but I can also back up 15 foot times in the .89 and .88 areas. That’s HUGE in 15 feet. I have tested with some of the best athletes in the USA and Star Racing used it all SX season. Basically, hold the throttle wide open and let the clutch go. Go check out Slipshot on YouTube to see some testing and LitPro data. Thanks!!
I gotta know... Did you guys have any issues with testing? Trying to get consistent results every single time has to have some difficulty with throttle positioning being consistent, clutch release being consistent, etc.
Sir
10/18/2018 12:55pm
Slipshot wrote:
I appreciate the thoughts and questions. I have a hydraulic design in testing. Stay tuned for that. Also, I have been testing for almost 3 years...
Star Racing Yamaha were using it in supercross you say, did they discard during the nationals? I think whatever Jorge Prado had on his bike during MXdN would be the thing to use, he seems to be a holeshot King.
Slipshot
10/18/2018 1:05pm
Slipshot wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I gotta know... Did you guys have any issues with testing? Trying to get consistent results every single time has to have some difficulty with throttle...
I gotta know... Did you guys have any issues with testing? Trying to get consistent results every single time has to have some difficulty with throttle positioning being consistent, clutch release being consistent, etc.
That is actually pretty easy. Twist it till it stops and let the clutch go. Granted, you still have to react to the gate. Just like having a front fork holeshot device; just because you have one doesn’t mean you get the holeshot every time.
Slipshot
10/18/2018 1:12pm
Slipshot wrote:
Sir wrote:
Star Racing Yamaha were using it in supercross you say, did they discard during the nationals? I think whatever Jorge Prado had on his bike during...
Star Racing Yamaha were using it in supercross you say, did they discard during the nationals? I think whatever Jorge Prado had on his bike during MXdN would be the thing to use, he seems to be a holeshot King.
Prado is an amazing rider no doubt. One thing about starts at the pro level is that they aren’t looking for a holeshot every time (although they would love to!) because the process is not reproducible. It’s about consistency. Getting a holeshot is great, but if you can consistently start in the top 3-5 it makes life easier. No, Star did not run it outdoors because of lack of testing time. I had 4 guys running it at Loretta’s this year (it’s legal for stock class) one got 2 holeshots and the others were in the top 5 every moto.
pummel
Fantasy
370th
10/18/2018 1:29pm
How does it work? What exactly does it do?
10/18/2018 1:41pm
pummel wrote:
I'm trying to figure that out also.

The mention of dampener/hydraulic and dumping the clutch makes me think it's just something that gradually releases the clutch bite so you don't have to do it yourself.

Am I on the right track?
dirtmike86
10/18/2018 1:44pm
pummel wrote:
I'm trying to figure that out also. The mention of dampener/hydraulic and dumping the clutch makes me think it's just something that gradually releases the clutch...

The mention of dampener/hydraulic and dumping the clutch makes me think it's just something that gradually releases the clutch bite so you don't have to do it yourself.

Am I on the right track?
Yes. You pull the lever back, engage the device which extends the tiny shock basically. Then just dump the clutch and the shock retreats at whatever rate you set it at.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/18/2018 1:44pm
pummel wrote:
I'm trying to figure that out also. The mention of dampener/hydraulic and dumping the clutch makes me think it's just something that gradually releases the clutch...

Am I on the right track?
Exactly how it works. Look at the "The Goods AIMExpo Edition: Round 3" video on the homepage.
Slipshot
10/18/2018 1:50pm
pummel wrote:

Am I on the right track?
Yes, you’re on the right track! The dampener is adjustable just like your forks or shock. More tension releases the clutch slower, less tension is faster. The dampener is located right behind the clutch arm on the engine case.
shane509
10/18/2018 2:08pm
Slipshot wrote:
Take a look at this. https://youtu.be/XmNtQXIcZUw
A few months ago during sx season, my Dad texted me saying that the guy that builds Aaron plessingers clutches lives in Covington and wanted to know if I want one built. I couldn’t find anything on you, and didn’t believe him. But now I know he was referring to this. Lol
My dad is good friends with your boss (I believe) awesome and might have to look at getting one for my bike!
JWACK
10/18/2018 2:11pm
One more Gizmo to take "skill" out of Moto.
No thanks.
bvm111
10/18/2018 2:22pm
Stopped by to check it out at AIM This Sunday and me and buddy were impressed... I don’t race anymore but it’s a great concept!
Slipshot
10/18/2018 2:34pm
They retail for $500 and that comes with everything needed from the lever that engages it on the handlebar down to the Slipshot. Shoot me an email if interested and I’ll give the AIMExpo discounted price. Scpausina426@gmail.com Thanks!
murph783
10/18/2018 2:36pm
pummel wrote:

Am I on the right track?
Slipshot wrote:
Yes, you’re on the right track! The dampener is adjustable just like your forks or shock. More tension releases the clutch slower, less tension is faster...
Yes, you’re on the right track! The dampener is adjustable just like your forks or shock. More tension releases the clutch slower, less tension is faster. The dampener is located right behind the clutch arm on the engine case.
What’s the verdict on rutted dirt starts? I would think not having that snap to get the wheel over the gate would be a huge disadvantage. Other than that, sounds promising. I’ve always sucked on concrete pad starts, I could see it being great for that
MR. X
10/18/2018 2:41pm
Is that dampener made by Dadco ?
Slipshot
10/18/2018 3:24pm

Am I on the right track?
Slipshot wrote:
Yes, you’re on the right track! The dampener is adjustable just like your forks or shock. More tension releases the clutch slower, less tension is faster...
murph783 wrote:
What’s the verdict on rutted dirt starts? I would think not having that snap to get the wheel over the gate would be a huge disadvantage...
What’s the verdict on rutted dirt starts? I would think not having that snap to get the wheel over the gate would be a huge disadvantage. Other than that, sounds promising. I’ve always sucked on concrete pad starts, I could see it being great for that
You can adjust the amount of “hit” it has by the gap between the dampener and clutch arm. It’s for that exact reason; to get the front wheel up over the gate but not have to pull the clutch in again to get it to settle down.

Post a reply to: SlipShot holeshot device...Thoughts?

The Latest