Sling TV! (For the cable cutters)

kburgie
I'm watching the race on a 7-day trial, and it's great. The package that includes FS1 and FS2 and lots of other channels is $25/month. https://www.sling.com/
|

The Shop

vetmxr
1/28/2017 7:06pm
mine wont let me rewind or start over???? is that widespread?? otherwise cool, I just entered the races 45 minutes in and wanted to watch from the start
gharmon
1/28/2017 7:08pm
I'm pretty electronic stupid. Even after trimming my dish setup the other day, I'm still at like $96 a month. I'm living alone now and that's just too much for my tiny amount of viewing pleasure. So how does this shit work? Thru my internet connection. What about DVR/recording features? I love to use the dish hopper to record shit this watch at my leisure.
cable
1/28/2017 7:12pm Edited Date/Time 1/28/2017 7:13pm
gharmon wrote:
I'm pretty electronic stupid. Even after trimming my dish setup the other day, I'm still at like $96 a month. I'm living alone now and that's...
I'm pretty electronic stupid. Even after trimming my dish setup the other day, I'm still at like $96 a month. I'm living alone now and that's just too much for my tiny amount of viewing pleasure. So how does this shit work? Thru my internet connection. What about DVR/recording features? I love to use the dish hopper to record shit this watch at my leisure.
you need a roku,apple tv, amazon firestick, etc. choose one. plug it into tv. they hook up to your wifi, so you need internet. they come with apps, like sling. pay for sling tv ($25) and you can get fs1, fs2 and some other channels. Only a handful i think. I don't watch much else. No dvr that I know of, but they do post the old races a few days later.
bf884
1/28/2017 7:15pm
Mine is twitching pretty bad. Have to get out and get back in every so often.
Slaughter612s
Fantasy
171st
1/28/2017 7:21pm
Any word on Internet speed needed for this? Been wanting to ditch Direct TV for a while. Thanks
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
1/28/2017 7:23pm
I ditched cable and got PlayStation Vue several months ago and haven't looked back. I never have problems watching TV. The quality is perfect. It has a DVR and I can watch on my iPad, iPhone, etc. if I'm not in a room wth a TV or even out of town. Best decision I've made in a while.
Stephon
1/28/2017 7:29pm
I cut cable this week and signed up for the 7-day trial tonight. I too am looking for a way to connect it to a DVR or some way to record programs...might have to go back to cable.
gharmon
1/28/2017 7:38pm
731chopper wrote:
I ditched cable and got PlayStation Vue several months ago and haven't looked back. I never have problems watching TV. The quality is perfect. It has...
I ditched cable and got PlayStation Vue several months ago and haven't looked back. I never have problems watching TV. The quality is perfect. It has a DVR and I can watch on my iPad, iPhone, etc. if I'm not in a room wth a TV or even out of town. Best decision I've made in a while.
is the play station vue an app like the sling. I have a coworker that talks about her setup which uses a firestick, and the above mentioned PS Vue.
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
1/28/2017 7:46pm
gharmon wrote:
is the play station vue an app like the sling. I have a coworker that talks about her setup which uses a firestick, and the above...
is the play station vue an app like the sling. I have a coworker that talks about her setup which uses a firestick, and the above mentioned PS Vue.
Yep it's an app you can run on a PlayStation, Fire TV, Fire Stick, Apple TV, Roku, Android TV, etc. You pay month to month so there are no contracts and the base package in most areas is around $40 and includes FS1, FS2 and NBC Sports Network among others.

Look it up to see what packages are available in your area. Sling TV is cheaper but has less channels and no DVR. If you or anyone wants to get PlayStation Vue and doesn't have a PS3 or PS4, I'd highly recommend the Amazon Fire TV as the device to get to run the app. The cheaper Fire Stick can do it but the Fire TV has a much stronger wifi chip and faster processing which results in a better experience for any of the apps you choose to use on it (Netflix, Prime, Vue, YouTube, Sling, Hulu, etc.).
kburgie
1/28/2017 8:23pm Edited Date/Time 1/28/2017 8:24pm
vetmxr wrote:
mine wont let me rewind or start over???? is that widespread?? otherwise cool, I just entered the races 45 minutes in and wanted to watch from...
mine wont let me rewind or start over???? is that widespread?? otherwise cool, I just entered the races 45 minutes in and wanted to watch from the start
You can't rewind. It's like watching it on cable.

Edit: You ARE watching it on cable. Same as if you were paying a local provider.
Matt Wozney
1/28/2017 8:40pm
PlayStation Vue with either Fire TV or Apple TV is what I have with no complaints. DVR and FS1/2 and NBCSN. Perfect setup for the SX / MX fan.
RangerLee
1/28/2017 9:14pm
gharmon wrote:
I'm pretty electronic stupid. Even after trimming my dish setup the other day, I'm still at like $96 a month. I'm living alone now and that's...
If you have a Xbox you can do the app and stream it through it as well.

Post a reply to: Sling TV! (For the cable cutters)

The Latest