Sleepy Hollow 2 Stroke Shootout

BobPA
Edited Date/Time 9/25/2017 8:23pm
Anyone going this weekend?
|
scooter5002
9/22/2017 5:33pm
A little too far away for me, but Fanelli always seems to make it. Go meet the God of Fabrication, and bask in his wisdom and glory. He won't be hard to find, he's the guy riding a POS AF 500 conversion with MacTac numbers on it, and a piehole the size of a manhole cover. Tell him I said hello.
ruskymx
9/22/2017 5:50pm
I'll be there on Sunday with the camera. I should convince myself to take the 125 and sign up for vet c but haven't been on a track in about 18-20 years. I want to get some more seat time before signing up for a race. Just did some trail riding at Lost Trails in Dunmore a few weeks ago and that was the first time riding a dirt bike since about 2001-2002
SLOWTIME
9/22/2017 5:52pm Edited Date/Time 9/22/2017 7:01pm
Made the long drive last year. The track was awesome! Only thing that swayed me from returning was the idiot blasting music 2 nights in a row till well after 1am. (If you were there, you know the guy I'm talking about!) ..but like I said, the track was awesome.
BobPA
9/22/2017 6:18pm
ruskymx wrote:
I'll be there on Sunday with the camera. I should convince myself to take the 125 and sign up for vet c but haven't been on...
I'll be there on Sunday with the camera. I should convince myself to take the 125 and sign up for vet c but haven't been on a track in about 18-20 years. I want to get some more seat time before signing up for a race. Just did some trail riding at Lost Trails in Dunmore a few weeks ago and that was the first time riding a dirt bike since about 2001-2002
Ill be there on a 125 and 250 Kawasaki number 454. Be running 125B and +25B....First moto race in quite some time too.

The Shop

BobPA
9/22/2017 7:46pm
A little too far away for me, but Fanelli always seems to make it. Go meet the God of Fabrication, and bask in his wisdom and...
A little too far away for me, but Fanelli always seems to make it. Go meet the God of Fabrication, and bask in his wisdom and glory. He won't be hard to find, he's the guy riding a POS AF 500 conversion with MacTac numbers on it, and a piehole the size of a manhole cover. Tell him I said hello.
If he is there I'll try and snag a pic for ya haha
Squidward
9/22/2017 10:49pm
I really want to see this. I hope some good footage gets online somehow.
BobPA
9/23/2017 12:58pm
All the two stroke make out sessions on here and no one is going? I've gotta say, I am not impressed Whistling
mxb2
9/23/2017 1:35pm
BobPA wrote:
All the two stroke make out sessions on here and no one is going? I've gotta say, I am not impressed Whistling
Easier to complain on vital than actually go to a race and spend $$.
scooter5002
9/23/2017 1:54pm
A little too far away for me, but Fanelli always seems to make it. Go meet the God of Fabrication, and bask in his wisdom and...
BobPA wrote:
If he is there I'll try and snag a pic for ya haha
Get it AFTER you told him I said to say hello. EvilWoohoo
Matt Wozney
9/23/2017 5:09pm
Jamal#440 wrote:
I hope MXP posts the race vids again.
I'm not there this year. Haven't been to a race since Baltimore AX. Picked up a full time job on weekends these days.
ruskymx
9/24/2017 5:00pm Edited Date/Time 9/24/2017 5:02pm
It was a good day of racing! Freaking hot though, holy hell! This idiot forgot sunscreen too so I'm cooked. Downloading photos now to start going through them. I tried to mess around with the video function, but not sure how it's going to come out. I think I was moving the camera a lot lol

Edit I didn't see any photographers there or anyone shooting videos. I know in the past, Ken Hovance and Mike Vizer were there
mxb2
9/24/2017 5:14pm
ruskymx wrote:
It was a good day of racing! Freaking hot though, holy hell! This idiot forgot sunscreen too so I'm cooked. Downloading photos now to start going...
It was a good day of racing! Freaking hot though, holy hell! This idiot forgot sunscreen too so I'm cooked. Downloading photos now to start going through them. I tried to mess around with the video function, but not sure how it's going to come out. I think I was moving the camera a lot lol

Edit I didn't see any photographers there or anyone shooting videos. I know in the past, Ken Hovance and Mike Vizer were there
Results, or link to results?
njracer46
9/24/2017 5:34pm
mxb2 wrote:
Results, or link to results?
Full results should be up on the ama results center sometime during the week. A class turnout was about the same as last year. Years past seemed to be a bigger turnout with some bigger names. And yes, it was very hot rusky! Were you taking pics of all classes or only A class?

ruskymx
9/24/2017 5:38pm
Their website is www.sleepyhollowmx.com but it doesn't look like they posted results yet. I left with a handful of motos to go and didn't hear who took the overall. The three moto format for the pro/expert class shook things up a bit.

Results 125 ProEX

A post shared by Jere (@sleepyhol) on Sep 24, 2017 at 2:50pm PDT

mx621
9/24/2017 5:39pm
What happen to mcdades 1999 fmf replica cr125?? Bummer
ruskymx
9/24/2017 5:40pm

Results. 250 pro/ex

A post shared by Jere (@sleepyhol) on Sep 24, 2017 at 2:48pm PDT

Vital's favorite Vet rider Ronnie Ford made an appearance. I never witnessed him ride SX, but he can still twist it on an MX track. Had a few first turn crashes though. I think he raced three classes too.
ruskymx
9/24/2017 5:43pm
mx621 wrote:
Powervalve broke in practice according to what I just saw on Instagram.
BobPA
9/24/2017 6:27pm Edited Date/Time 9/24/2017 6:32pm
mx621 wrote:
ruskymx wrote:
Powervalve broke in practice according to what I just saw on Instagram.
I saw him bump starting it one moto.

Ronnie Ford is a super cool dude, talked to him a bit before practice...Did not know it was him until I checked the results.

Rough day at the office for me. Have not ridden there in 8 or 9 years. Crashed twice in practice, rode like a spode. First moto of +25 I got a fantastic jump on my 125...about 3rd into the first turn, guy tipped over in the second turn and got hung up. Went back to second to last (17th). Got back to 6th or 7th, made another pass and a dude cut the track to get back around me...So I made a target out of his front wheel, missed and crashed again. Ended in 15th Laughing . Second moto I got murdered by the 250's on the start. Went into the second turn in 15th. Came through the pack to 5th and was in a freight train with my buddies. Went to the outside on a sweeper to try the pass for 4th and 3rd...guy in 4th cross rutted like a super hero and took him and I out haha. Got up and got a solid 4th.

I was on the track for three sessions and was on the ground 5 times Cool ....solid. Lent my 250 to my friend whose bike blew up in practice so I did not run another class. Good thing too, 92 degrees is a lot of us PA guys.
BobPA
9/24/2017 6:30pm
ruskymx wrote:
It was a good day of racing! Freaking hot though, holy hell! This idiot forgot sunscreen too so I'm cooked. Downloading photos now to start going...

Any photos of me? 125 Kawasaki in +25....Bright blue Fly gear. Probably some good shots of me picking my bike up...
ruskymx
9/24/2017 6:46pm
BobPA wrote:
Any photos of me? 125 Kawasaki in +25....Bright blue Fly gear. Probably some good shots of me picking my bike up...
Yes I got some shots of you. I cruised the pits a bit to see if I could find you to stop by and say hello. I didn't walk through all the lanes though so I could've done a better job. I was a little hungover and the heat didn't help so I didn't go far lol

mxb2
9/24/2017 7:05pm
ruskymx wrote:
Their website is www.sleepyhollowmx.com but it doesn't look like they posted results yet. I left with a handful of motos to go and didn't hear who...
Their website is www.sleepyhollowmx.com but it doesn't look like they posted results yet. I left with a handful of motos to go and didn't hear who took the overall. The three moto format for the pro/expert class shook things up a bit.

Results 125 ProEX

A post shared by Jere (@sleepyhol) on Sep 24, 2017 at 2:50pm PDT

Thanks for the info.
BobPA
9/24/2017 7:05pm
ruskymx wrote:
Yes I got some shots of you. I cruised the pits a bit to see if I could find you to stop by and say hello...
Yes I got some shots of you. I cruised the pits a bit to see if I could find you to stop by and say hello. I didn't walk through all the lanes though so I could've done a better job. I was a little hungover and the heat didn't help so I didn't go far lol

Thanks man, I couldn't imagine being hungover walking around....especially being there is no shade at that track. I need to stop riding my 450 so much. I forgot how hard it is racing a two smoke.
ruskymx
9/24/2017 7:52pm
njracer46 wrote:
Full results should be up on the ama results center sometime during the week. A class turnout was about the same as last year. Years past...
Full results should be up on the ama results center sometime during the week. A class turnout was about the same as last year. Years past seemed to be a bigger turnout with some bigger names. And yes, it was very hot rusky! Were you taking pics of all classes or only A class?

Just about all classes. Took some breaks to jump in the car with AC and eat etc
scooter5002
9/24/2017 8:03pm
BobPA wrote:
I saw him bump starting it one moto. Ronnie Ford is a super cool dude, talked to him a bit before practice...Did not know it was...

Ronnie Ford is a super cool dude, talked to him a bit before practice...Did not know it was him until I checked the results.

Rough day at the office for me. Have not ridden there in 8 or 9 years. Crashed twice in practice, rode like a spode. First moto of +25 I got a fantastic jump on my 125...about 3rd into the first turn, guy tipped over in the second turn and got hung up. Went back to second to last (17th). Got back to 6th or 7th, made another pass and a dude cut the track to get back around me...So I made a target out of his front wheel, missed and crashed again. Ended in 15th Laughing . Second moto I got murdered by the 250's on the start. Went into the second turn in 15th. Came through the pack to 5th and was in a freight train with my buddies. Went to the outside on a sweeper to try the pass for 4th and 3rd...guy in 4th cross rutted like a super hero and took him and I out haha. Got up and got a solid 4th.

I was on the track for three sessions and was on the ground 5 times Cool ....solid. Lent my 250 to my friend whose bike blew up in practice so I did not run another class. Good thing too, 92 degrees is a lot of us PA guys.
You raced, had decent results in spite of it all, had fun. Sounds like a good day to me. Cool
ruskymx
9/24/2017 8:11pm
BobPA wrote:
Thanks man, I couldn't imagine being hungover walking around....especially being there is no shade at that track. I need to stop riding my 450 so much...
Thanks man, I couldn't imagine being hungover walking around....especially being there is no shade at that track. I need to stop riding my 450 so much. I forgot how hard it is racing a two smoke.
The first couple hours sucked. I drank a about 10-12 bottles of water and finished my 3rd Gatorade on the drive home. I was worse off last year. I just said eff it and stayed home on the couch. In 2015 I only lasted through the first motos. Something about that weekend that friends of mine have parties for one reason or another.

I thought you ride good. I saw the hang up in the second turn. If there was water lying there like there was for the track maintenance break, it was probably slick as shit. They watered the hell out of that turn during that maintenance break plus all the water was running down the hill and pooling up there.

I'm only 30-35 minutes from there so I should make it a point to go to more races next year.
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
9/24/2017 9:21pm
ruskymx wrote:

My cousin was out there taking pics. He works nights on the turnpike though so it will be a bit until he sorts and uploads. He shot photos Sat, worked the TP all night, and then came back again Sunday. Nuts.
BobPA
9/25/2017 7:46am
BobPA wrote:
I saw him bump starting it one moto. Ronnie Ford is a super cool dude, talked to him a bit before practice...Did not know it was...

You raced, had decent results in spite of it all, had fun. Sounds like a good day to me. Cool
It was a blast. I was a bit frustrated after practice and my first moto go riding so crappy. Had an absolute blast the second moto haha.
BobPA
9/25/2017 7:49am
ruskymx wrote:
The first couple hours sucked. I drank a about 10-12 bottles of water and finished my 3rd Gatorade on the drive home. I was worse off...
The first couple hours sucked. I drank a about 10-12 bottles of water and finished my 3rd Gatorade on the drive home. I was worse off last year. I just said eff it and stayed home on the couch. In 2015 I only lasted through the first motos. Something about that weekend that friends of mine have parties for one reason or another.

I thought you ride good. I saw the hang up in the second turn. If there was water lying there like there was for the track maintenance break, it was probably slick as shit. They watered the hell out of that turn during that maintenance break plus all the water was running down the hill and pooling up there.

I'm only 30-35 minutes from there so I should make it a point to go to more races next year.
Nothing wrong with drinking a few silos before a moto weekend lol.

Next year I will go down to practice the week before. My line choice was piss poor haha, more time on the track would have help all of my riding bros. that second turn was killer, everyone came in slipping and sliding, just a matter of time before someone tipped it over....
ruskymx
9/25/2017 8:23pm
I think they have practice days there each weekend they don't have an event. I hear people talking there that they were thinking about moving the start back to it's original location which was in the back section past the tower where there was the really rutted right hander to the single table, then left hander to the straight before coming up to the bonzai.

I'll post a link to my pics when I get them uploaded. Most likely tomorrow

Post a reply to: Sleepy Hollow 2 Stroke Shootout

The Latest