Slay: The Axell Hodges Story

KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
3/30/2017 9:13pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Nope what? I can tell you right now , he did not make his fortune by selling the fender bench. Most ideas like that barely break...
Nope what? I can tell you right now , he did not make his fortune by selling the fender bench. Most ideas like that barely break even , let alone make any money off of it what so ever. This place ( Vital ).....nobody has ever even heard of it....let alone use it. And no.....he didn't sell a million of them across the pond. Axell's dad has made a great living from paycheck's written by monster. Axell and his brother ( don't remember his name ) are also collecting money from Monster. The fender bench if anything probably took money out of his account.....not added.

The fender bench did not make jack shit.
Phil doesn't work or have anything to do with Monster, besides his sons working/riding for them.

FenderBench was a side project that he came up with, and I actually drew some concept drawings for him. Has he made money off of it? maybe, was it a write off for all the racing expenses and traveling all over the country? Probably.

Phil has had many business interests over the years, I don't know their net worth, it doesn't matter to me, but know that he busts his ass and is always hustling.

Axell gets too much hate for such a happy go lucky kid.

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
3/30/2017 9:49pm
2slow4u wrote:
all the people hating on him couldn't do half as good as he did at Loretta's, or even qualify for that matter. He's a fast kid...
all the people hating on him couldn't do half as good as he did at Loretta's, or even qualify for that matter. He's a fast kid, got youtube famous just like the many, many others who have.
That's debatable. A lot of people have skills and just don't have the passion or interest for racing and others have the skills but absolutely no budget to compete at that level. It costs a lot to get to Loretta's and to be competitive you need good equipment which is not cheap.

He's fortunate that he has parents that have money that were able to support his efforts. He decided not to pursue racing and that's his choice. In the end he probably realized that he was not going to make a living racing a dirt bike so found an another way to make a living doing what he loves and that's riding a dirt bike.

No different than Deegan, Twitch, Faisst ect. Back then FMX was thriving and that has now died down to the point where it's practically non existant except for a few big contest like Red Bull X-Fighters and X-Games. We're in a new era where freeriding is getting bigger and they're able to capitalise on it through social media. Nothing wrong with that.

I rarely ever watch any video that Monster puts out but there's no denying he's got skills riding a bike. Are the style of his videos repetitive? Yeah but what is so different about the MX/SX videos of riders just pounding laps on the SX tracks. Those are repetitive also. Only thing different is the riders in them.

Different style. Different audience. It's that simple.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
3/30/2017 9:51pm
K-dubbb wrote:
Regardless of his father's outside activity, that which I am not aware..... I think it is safe to assume that this fender bench, isn't the sole...
Regardless of his father's outside activity, that which I am not aware..... I think it is safe to assume that this fender bench, isn't the sole source of his success.

A property like that, in that location........from just the great invention of the fender bench........maybe Grinning

As for Axel, kid is comfortable on his bike and has raw style.......he's young and carries and ego, but will humble in age....
Skidaddle wrote:
Nope. You can find out with google.
jeffro503 wrote:
Nope what? I can tell you right now , he did not make his fortune by selling the fender bench. Most ideas like that barely break...
Nope what? I can tell you right now , he did not make his fortune by selling the fender bench. Most ideas like that barely break even , let alone make any money off of it what so ever. This place ( Vital ).....nobody has ever even heard of it....let alone use it. And no.....he didn't sell a million of them across the pond. Axell's dad has made a great living from paycheck's written by monster. Axell and his brother ( don't remember his name ) are also collecting money from Monster. The fender bench if anything probably took money out of his account.....not added.

Wrong Whistling
adamdf
3/30/2017 9:56pm
I've only read the first page of this thread however I've also seen a couple of Axel's Videos. I don't care for any of the negative comments. All i see is a guy that can whip and ride like a real bad ass, props to him, he has serious skills.

The Shop

jeffro503
3/30/2017 10:42pm Edited Date/Time 3/30/2017 10:43pm
jeffro503 wrote:

Phil doesn't work or have anything to do with Monster, besides his sons working/riding for them. FenderBench was a side project that he came up with...
Phil doesn't work or have anything to do with Monster, besides his sons working/riding for them.

FenderBench was a side project that he came up with, and I actually drew some concept drawings for him. Has he made money off of it? maybe, was it a write off for all the racing expenses and traveling all over the country? Probably.

Phil has had many business interests over the years, I don't know their net worth, it doesn't matter to me, but know that he busts his ass and is always hustling.

My main point was he didn't make any money from the fender bench. I'm sure he has some other cool things he's made up....but the fender bench could not have made anything....nobody knows about it.

As far as Axell goes...hell yes I agree...super cool kid with a ton of talent. He's making his own way and doing it in a very cool way...how could I not dig that? No hate from me...just the opposite.
Rockinar
3/30/2017 11:15pm
According to my wife anybody complaining is jealous and that she is in fact jealous of this kid...
If we were jealous we would hate on Twitch, who does the same thing as Axell and makes more money doing it. We hate on Axell cause he's a total doosh.
Cortami79
3/30/2017 11:36pm
adamdf wrote:
I've only read the first page of this thread however I've also seen a couple of Axel's Videos. I don't care for any of the negative...
I've only read the first page of this thread however I've also seen a couple of Axel's Videos. I don't care for any of the negative comments. All i see is a guy that can whip and ride like a real bad ass, props to him, he has serious skills.
We need more people like you.
305FC250
3/31/2017 4:20am
What "story" could he possibly have? When a documentary is titled that way you expect a "started from the bottom" type of story involving a lot of struggle and hardship that is eventually overcome to reach success. Not a "I was born into wealth and have had everything handed to me and never had any responsibilities in my life" story. Nothing interesting about that.

No doubt he is talented on a bike, but honestly kids like Forkner can be just as stylish as Hodges and still have a successful professional racing career and be way less of a bro douche doing it. I'd bet anyone on this forum could do what Hodges does if they had no other obligations in life other than to whip and wheelie their bike.
td104
3/31/2017 4:59am Edited Date/Time 3/31/2017 6:21am
I paid the $13 and I was happy, I like the kid more.

He tried racing, it took the fun out of bikes for him. He got a job packing boxes he didn't enjoy so he found a way to make money doing stuff he loves. He wanted to be just like his idols when he grew up, now he hangs and rides with them all day. His father sounds like a good dude, wishes he raced but he's happy Axell found a way do make a living doing what he loves. And id bet less than half the people on here could not do what he does, theres more to riding out 200ft dune gaps than dads money and no life obligations, the skill is his own doing. He's lived next to McGrath since he was 5, he's known Twitch since he was young, he was in Bercy with Hill before anybody knew who he was. His brother helped but he didn't make him who he is, he was always going to show up!
K-dubbb
3/31/2017 6:16am
jeffro503 wrote:

Phil doesn't work or have anything to do with Monster, besides his sons working/riding for them. FenderBench was a side project that he came up with...

jeffro503 wrote:
My main point was he didn't make any money from the fender bench. I'm sure he has some other cool things he's made up....but the fender...
My main point was he didn't make any money from the fender bench. I'm sure he has some other cool things he's made up....but the fender bench could not have made anything....nobody knows about it.

As far as Axell goes...hell yes I agree...super cool kid with a ton of talent. He's making his own way and doing it in a very cool way...how could I not dig that? No hate from me...just the opposite.
My point exactly.
Sixeightone
3/31/2017 6:21am Edited Date/Time 3/31/2017 6:22am
The Kid did what most of us could only dream of. Started racing, made a decent name for himself, got sick of it and just rode for fun. His brothers both work for Monster, he lives really close the MC2, and he has guys like Twitch and Hansen calling him up to ride... I mean if I was given the same pair of shoes I would be stoked. If you have McGrath backing him, you know the kid has to be somewhat of a decent kid. Kudos to Axell.. Thanks for showing us it's not all about racing! $10 Well spent!
rutcross
3/31/2017 6:28am
jeffro503 wrote:
My main point was he didn't make any money from the fender bench. I'm sure he has some other cool things he's made up....but the fender...

Your point was that his dad mad a shit ton of money from monster. False. Dude your always shooting off half cocked around this place.
motox331
3/31/2017 7:34am
Axell can wheelie farther than you haters. Enough said Tongue
kegstand13
4/4/2017 10:19pm
The only reason half of you hate him is because he's doing what you wish you could be doing. He wasn't a good racer. Loved riding. So he went the next best route to make money from doing what he loves. It's life. Social media gets people and companies further than just about anything. Example, Larry enticer, Eric jalbert and whoever else. Social media superstars. He raced. Didn't like it. So why hate the dude for making a living.

Moto isn't all racing anymore. Nothing is. Look at snowmobiling. How many people actually can name off a pro snowmobile racer. But yet, everyone knows who Chris Brurandt is. Because he's a sick dude. Making sick videos doing what he loves and making money from it in other means than racing. Moto is just going the same way. Just like how musicians change how they make music, how rock and roll died. Because of where the money is. It's life. Deal with it. Don't like him don't follow him.

Want to go make money off riding and you don't like to race? Grab your camera video yourself for the next week doing sick things, or dumb things. Post it. Advertise it. Push it like it was a business. You'll get somewhere. That's how social media stars become what they are. And they making a living off that. And anyone of us can do it. Wether you do it or not is a different story. And if you actually get somewhere, guarantee you'll be busting your balls more than you'd ever think. It's possible. But don't hate a guy for doing what he loves, and going a different route.
aharper33
4/5/2017 5:37am
Having read all of the post so far I see a couple reoccurring topics.

1) Hating on him because he is a rich kid that can only do whips.
2) Trying to say his dad made enough money on a tool that no one has ever heard of to live on the same street as MC2.
3) The token answer of "you cant do it" so you cant have an opinion about it.
4) Some how everyone is a jealous prick if they dont like the kid.

How close am I?
F.B
4/5/2017 7:16am
kegstand13 wrote:
The only reason half of you hate him is because he's doing what you wish you could be doing. He wasn't a good racer. Loved riding...
The only reason half of you hate him is because he's doing what you wish you could be doing. He wasn't a good racer. Loved riding. So he went the next best route to make money from doing what he loves. It's life. Social media gets people and companies further than just about anything. Example, Larry enticer, Eric jalbert and whoever else. Social media superstars. He raced. Didn't like it. So why hate the dude for making a living.

Moto isn't all racing anymore. Nothing is. Look at snowmobiling. How many people actually can name off a pro snowmobile racer. But yet, everyone knows who Chris Brurandt is. Because he's a sick dude. Making sick videos doing what he loves and making money from it in other means than racing. Moto is just going the same way. Just like how musicians change how they make music, how rock and roll died. Because of where the money is. It's life. Deal with it. Don't like him don't follow him.

Want to go make money off riding and you don't like to race? Grab your camera video yourself for the next week doing sick things, or dumb things. Post it. Advertise it. Push it like it was a business. You'll get somewhere. That's how social media stars become what they are. And they making a living off that. And anyone of us can do it. Wether you do it or not is a different story. And if you actually get somewhere, guarantee you'll be busting your balls more than you'd ever think. It's possible. But don't hate a guy for doing what he loves, and going a different route.
Got any mortgage tips or sick snowmobile shots to share?
Zalev
4/5/2017 9:13am
kegstand13 wrote:
The only reason half of you hate him is because he's doing what you wish you could be doing. He wasn't a good racer. Loved riding...

Who is Chris Brurandt?
ab
4/5/2017 9:37am
Axell has a special kind of talent many people don't have, but not enough in my opinion to get a documentary that cost $12.

Next thing you know they are making a movie about his sorry ass friend named buttery, now that guy on insta comes out like a douche.
peelout
4/5/2017 9:58am Edited Date/Time 4/5/2017 10:07am
Zalev wrote:
Who is Chris Brurandt?
just a dude that makes riding a snowmoble in gnarly backcountry terrain look easier than torquing a set of sprocket bolts
Francis377
4/5/2017 10:20am
Slay? More like Gay, am I right? Hahaha

Just had to post because this joke was too good not to.. Axel seems like a right douche but damn his whips are quality
Jake_CR250R
4/5/2017 10:36am
If I had to guess I'd say they owned that house since the 90s when it was a $200k house, not a $2million one.
JW381
4/5/2017 10:57am
rutcross wrote:
PhilG and Crush will be along shortly to slide in a jab at the kid.
dirtnapper wrote:
You don't have a whole lot of room to talk about ANYONE taking jabs at riders, dipshit..... Pinch
Bahahahaha
4/5/2017 11:04am
If I had to guess I'd say they owned that house since the 90s when it was a $200k house, not a $2million one.
Someone already posted that if they used google anyone could find that and who they bought it from before this kid was born probably.

JayBraap19
4/5/2017 3:13pm
JayBraap19 wrote:
Did it provide info as to why he cried and threw a fit when he got second at monster cup high rollers contest? [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM8nsRugnH4]Skip to 1:48:04[/url]...
Did it provide info as to why he cried and threw a fit when he got second at monster cup high rollers contest?

Skip to 1:48:04

Not to hijack the thread, but my buddy rode the FMX contest after that and said Axell was an ungrateful little cry baby about the whole thing. Very poor attitude for someone who makes a decent amount of money to "throw whips" and not have any demanding responsibilities other than looking "fresh" and filming for video edits. Just my 2 Cents on the kid.
Memory is a bit foggy, but I believe towards the end of the comp when it was super windy (and on the wrong side of the...
Memory is a bit foggy, but I believe towards the end of the comp when it was super windy (and on the wrong side of the dangerous border most likely for FMX) he went long and hurt himself. Perhaps that is why he was "crying" as you say.

Even if that isn't the case, is there something wrong with a guy being upset about getting second? Perhaps he's competitive and wants to win. That's pretty common in athletes. Whether it's racing or FMX or figure skating; there are guys who bust their butts and expect to win and get upset when they don't. Is RC a crybaby too? He sure didn't like getting second place.

I've never met Axell, but the constant bashing of the kid on Vital is ridiculous. I wish more guys could make some sort of living riding a dirt bike and doing what they enjoy. Axell is a joy to watch ride, that is why he has a following and makes money doing it.
gnarwhip wrote:
Yeah I think he broke his wrist. He deverves props for even showing up at the presentation before going to the ER. JayBraap19 you are a...
Yeah I think he broke his wrist. He deverves props for even showing up at the presentation before going to the ER. JayBraap19 you are a little hater bitch.
Well that escalated quickly....

We're all entitled to our own opinions. Poor attitude or not, no one can take away the fact that the kid can ride a bike. I'll leave it at that.
ti473
4/5/2017 4:26pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
That's too much bro for me to handle.
too sick for me
4/6/2017 2:10am
As far as I can tell, his Dad has owned some kind of shipping/moving business for the last 30+ years. Wasn't hard to find on google.
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1957th
4/6/2017 2:17am Edited Date/Time 4/6/2017 2:17am
As usual most of the hate is wealth envy... What difference does it make how they have money, if its all legal quit hating and on the kid for living the life we'd all probably enjoy....
4/6/2017 3:09am
thought the riding in that short video was excellent. That quarter pipe to dirt ramp landing was smooth and epic. Getting out and freeriding with your buds is as much moto as lining up on the gate. Making money while doing it? Winning.
yzf842
4/6/2017 6:52am
Didnt he run second at the monster cup and win Lorettas? If your in the scene you probably can see early on that it looses its fun. And if your not having fun riding turns into a 9-5 job that you dread. And for the guys talking about the house it was built and sold in 1993 for 420,000$ currently worth 2.2 million. Per zillow. As a 35yr old male i have no issues with hodges. I enjoy watching the kid ride. I wish i had the opportunitys he has. I had to work and save up cash to buy my first bike at 25. Yall sound like a bunch of 70 year old woman.

Post a reply to: Slay: The Axell Hodges Story

The Latest