Slay: The Axell Hodges Story

moto711
Did anybody check this film out yet? Watched it last night answers a lot of peoples questions about Axell and his family.
|
rutcross
3/29/2017 4:04pm
PhilG and Crush will be along shortly to slide in a jab at the kid.
JayBraap19
3/29/2017 4:28pm
Did it provide info as to why he cried and threw a fit when he got second at monster cup high rollers contest?

Skip to 1:48:04

Not to hijack the thread, but my buddy rode the FMX contest after that and said Axell was an ungrateful little cry baby about the whole thing. Very poor attitude for someone who makes a decent amount of money to "throw whips" and not have any demanding responsibilities other than looking "fresh" and filming for video edits. Just my 2 Cents on the kid.

The Shop

Paul333
3/29/2017 4:54pm
motosmith wrote:
[url=https://www.amazon.com/SLAY-Axell-Hodges-Story/dp/B06XSNX79L/ref=sr_1_1?tag=theorc-20&s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1490716460&sr=1-1&keywords=slay%3a+the+axell+hodges+story]https://www.amazon.com/SLAY-Axell-Hodges-Story/dp/B06XSNX79L/ref=sr_1_1?tag=theorc-20&s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1490716460&sr=1-1&keywords=slay%3a+the+axell+hodges+story[/url]
Almost $12.00?

They are nuts.
dirtnapper
3/29/2017 4:57pm
rutcross wrote:
You don't have a whole lot of room to talk about ANYONE taking jabs at riders, dipshit..... Pinch
Skidaddle
3/29/2017 5:15pm
JayBraap19 wrote:
Did it provide info as to why he cried and threw a fit when he got second at monster cup high rollers contest? [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM8nsRugnH4]Skip to 1:48:04[/url]...
Did it provide info as to why he cried and threw a fit when he got second at monster cup high rollers contest?

Not to hijack the thread, but my buddy rode the FMX contest after that and said Axell was an ungrateful little cry baby about the whole thing. Very poor attitude for someone who makes a decent amount of money to "throw whips" and not have any demanding responsibilities other than looking "fresh" and filming for video edits. Just my 2 Cents on the kid.
Wow, what a ghetto shit show.

No wonder that sport is dead.

Ryguy125
3/29/2017 5:27pm
He is pretty talented on a dirtbike, but I was curious as to how he made it big like he did when he doesn't really do much from day to day. Papa Hodges seems kinda cool though
3/29/2017 6:08pm
Ryguy125 wrote:
He is pretty talented on a dirtbike, but I was curious as to how he made it big like he did when he doesn't really do...
He is pretty talented on a dirtbike, but I was curious as to how he made it big like he did when he doesn't really do much from day to day. Papa Hodges seems kinda cool though
Its because they have monster money.
JayBraap19
3/29/2017 6:11pm
Ryguy125 wrote:
He is pretty talented on a dirtbike, but I was curious as to how he made it big like he did when he doesn't really do...
Its because they have monster money.
Nailed it. Everyone's living off that Dirt Shart Money.
Crush
3/29/2017 6:11pm
rutcross wrote:
Maybe if you spent less time creating new avatars you'd be able to catch up on some reading and comprehension...
305FC250
3/29/2017 8:06pm
F.B wrote:
[img]https://bbieberfever.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/justin-bieber-first-step-to-forever-my-story-book-cover-photos.jpg[/img]
This is so perfect hahaha. The Beiber of motocross.
Rockinar
3/29/2017 8:24pm
What story? He's a kid who whips bike. Thats it. His story and the Kardashians are at the bottom of my list of things I care about. It's not like he gave up a $100MM baseball contract to help cancer kids or something noble.
Johnny Ringo
3/29/2017 8:37pm
Rockinar wrote:
What story? He's a kid who whips bike. Thats it. His story and the Kardashians are at the bottom of my list of things I care...
What story? He's a kid who whips bike. Thats it. His story and the Kardashians are at the bottom of my list of things I care about. It's not like he gave up a $100MM baseball contract to help cancer kids or something noble.
You cared enough to post about it
gnarwhip
3/29/2017 9:14pm
JayBraap19 wrote:
Did it provide info as to why he cried and threw a fit when he got second at monster cup high rollers contest? [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM8nsRugnH4]Skip to 1:48:04[/url]...

Where did it show him throwing a fit and crying? He did his job and posed for the cameras...wtf are you talking about
agn5009
3/29/2017 9:57pm
Why so much hate on the kid? Kid has fun doing what he loves.
Jealousy mostly. He comes from a rich family and makes money riding dirt bikes. He's basically living everyone who posts here dream so they want to hate on him.
Jake_CR250R
3/29/2017 10:00pm
I didn't watch the movie because I can't really see how it's worth the $12 versus being a YouTube special. Haven't seen it though, so I could be wrong.
3/30/2017 5:06am
rutcross wrote:
Crush wrote:
Maybe if you spent less time creating new avatars you'd be able to catch up on some reading and comprehension...
Forget that, Crush. I just want him to get some fresh grip glue. His grip is definitely slipping.
3/30/2017 6:25am
Axel Hodges is the brother of that guy that used to make those shark videos....

Bet $100 that Monster approved a budget for 1 year worth of videos for a crap load of money. It is up to the video team where the budget gets spent and how much each video costs, allowing them to pay people their friends who will cut them back cold hard cash money.

Crush
3/30/2017 6:29am
rutcross wrote:
Crush wrote:
Forget that, Crush. I just want him to get some fresh grip glue. His grip is definitely slipping.
An a-class fucknut.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1959th
3/30/2017 6:49am
JayBraap19 wrote:

Memory is a bit foggy, but I believe towards the end of the comp when it was super windy (and on the wrong side of the dangerous border most likely for FMX) he went long and hurt himself. Perhaps that is why he was "crying" as you say.

Even if that isn't the case, is there something wrong with a guy being upset about getting second? Perhaps he's competitive and wants to win. That's pretty common in athletes. Whether it's racing or FMX or figure skating; there are guys who bust their butts and expect to win and get upset when they don't. Is RC a crybaby too? He sure didn't like getting second place.

I've never met Axell, but the constant bashing of the kid on Vital is ridiculous. I wish more guys could make some sort of living riding a dirt bike and doing what they enjoy. Axell is a joy to watch ride, that is why he has a following and makes money doing it.
Camp332
3/30/2017 7:02am
I for one hope he capitalizes on this movie, and makes some fuckin cash Bro! Why hate?
gnarwhip
3/30/2017 7:04am
JayBraap19 wrote:

Memory is a bit foggy, but I believe towards the end of the comp when it was super windy (and on the wrong side of the...
Memory is a bit foggy, but I believe towards the end of the comp when it was super windy (and on the wrong side of the dangerous border most likely for FMX) he went long and hurt himself. Perhaps that is why he was "crying" as you say.

Even if that isn't the case, is there something wrong with a guy being upset about getting second? Perhaps he's competitive and wants to win. That's pretty common in athletes. Whether it's racing or FMX or figure skating; there are guys who bust their butts and expect to win and get upset when they don't. Is RC a crybaby too? He sure didn't like getting second place.

I've never met Axell, but the constant bashing of the kid on Vital is ridiculous. I wish more guys could make some sort of living riding a dirt bike and doing what they enjoy. Axell is a joy to watch ride, that is why he has a following and makes money doing it.
Yeah I think he broke his wrist. He deverves props for even showing up at the presentation before going to the ER. JayBraap19 you are a little hater bitch.
3/30/2017 7:06am
Why so much hate on the kid? Kid has fun doing what he loves.
agn5009 wrote:
Jealousy mostly. He comes from a rich family and makes money riding dirt bikes. He's basically living everyone who posts here dream so they want to...
Jealousy mostly. He comes from a rich family and makes money riding dirt bikes. He's basically living everyone who posts here dream so they want to hate on him.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm jealous but no need to hate on the kid.
tprice07
3/30/2017 7:28am Edited Date/Time 3/30/2017 9:25am
Memory is a bit foggy, but I believe towards the end of the comp when it was super windy (and on the wrong side of the...

That is what happened.

And I agree he does get a lot of hate. It is fueled by jealousy. Obviously monster plays up parts of his "life" but no one can deny that he isn't a very talented kid on a bike.

If I were him I'd have a business card that said:

"Axell Hodges, Monster Marketing Tool"

And people can apply whatever connotation they'd like. Personally, I think he is doing his job. Go look at the comments on this video. The demographic is eating it up.
3/30/2017 7:36am
its not jealousy, personally I'm just sick of seeing the same old videos of the guy
insert wheelie, insert rap, insert bro handshake
gt80rider
3/30/2017 7:44am Edited Date/Time 3/30/2017 7:44am
agn5009 wrote:
Jealousy mostly. He comes from a rich family and makes money riding dirt bikes. He's basically living everyone who posts here dream so they want to...
Not my dream, so you can count me out on that one. However, I am not gonna diss on the kid for following the path he has been given.
tprice07
3/30/2017 7:46am
What does his dad, Phillip Hodges, do?

Post a reply to: Slay: The Axell Hodges Story

The Latest