Six Down, Six To Go.. Who ya' got?

Edited Date/Time 7/5/2017 8:02pm
Title says it all, who do you think is going to end up champion at the end of this thing? Obviously things are looking really good for Zacho but I tend to think the 450s is still fairly wide open with Tomac being prone to mistakes and Baggett being incredibly fast. Just hope Baggett's injury isn't too serious. Can't count Anderson out, either.

What's your guys' thoughts?
|
ledger
7/5/2017 3:16pm
Zacho for the championship, and toss a coin in the 450 class, it's crazy close.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
7/5/2017 3:17pm
Tomac will destroy them at Southwick and take the momentum throughout the rest of the races.
Bye bye
Jrewing
7/5/2017 3:19pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Tomac will destroy them at Southwick and take the momentum throughout the rest of the races.
Bye bye
Yep
NateDawg
7/5/2017 3:20pm
Barring an injury or mechanical, I think Tomac takes the 450 title. People talk about him being prone to mistakes but Baggett has been crashing just as much. If it wasn't for a brake failure at Glen Helen Tomac would have a comfortable points lead heading into his best track. Blake will keep him honest but ET is the fastest guy and should be the favorite right now.

As far as the 250s go, it's Osbourne's title to lose. If either Martin goes on a tear and Zach has some bad races it could get interesting. But Zach is in the driver's seat right now.

The Shop

Rockinar
7/5/2017 3:20pm
Craig keeps getting out front on the starts. I want to see him get a podium.

Other than that it will be another Zach/Tomac championship win.
71Fish
7/5/2017 3:28pm
Tomac crumbles under the pressure of the red plate.
aeffertz
7/5/2017 3:49pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2017 4:18pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Bye bye
Remember when everyone said that at the tail end of SX? Or how about the 24-0 talk before the first round of the nationals?

Tomac certainly has a great shot but it's far from over. It has taken Tomac 6 rounds to get the red plate.
NateDawg
7/5/2017 3:58pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Bye bye
aeffertz wrote:
Remember when everyone said that at the tail end of SX? Or how about the 24-0 talk before the first round of the nationals? Tomac certainly...
Remember when everyone said that at the tail end of SX? Or how about the 24-0 talk before the first round of the nationals?

Tomac certainly has a great shot but it's far from over. It has taken Tomac 6 rounds to get the red plate.
So... I'm guessing you didn't watch Hangtown?
Roorda085
7/5/2017 4:05pm
aeffertz wrote:
Remember when everyone said that at the tail end of SX? Or how about the 24-0 talk before the first round of the nationals? Tomac certainly...

I agree with you, but technically it only took him one week to get the red plate, then the 6th week to get it again
aeffertz
7/5/2017 4:05pm
NateDawg wrote:
So... I'm guessing you didn't watch Hangtown?
Brain fart, Laughing

Besides having the points lead for the first time, my point still stands. Eli had a mechanical that fucked him, Marvin suffered an injury that cost him the points lead, Anderson got a rock to the face that hurt his chances at the title. Baggett was inconsistent and made too many mistakes to hold onto the points lead.

Anything can happen.
7/5/2017 4:09pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2017 4:11pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Bye bye
aeffertz wrote:

Definitely a good point, seems when we expect him to do well he doesn't seem to perform for whatever reason. But in SX I feel the talk was justified, for awhile there Dungey seemed defenseless to three peat, he wasn't riding like himself and Tomac just got better the whole season.. until it all came unglued haha.

I'm hoping Blake comes out at Southwick and gets himself right back into the thick of this because with his not so great race at Red Bud, having an injury and going to his biggest competitors best tracks it seems the cards are kind of stacked against him right now. I want this thing to go down to the wire, probably some of the most exciting racing without there being much of an track battle in years.
dirtnapper
7/5/2017 4:17pm
I feel like Tomac is the guy in charge right now but I also feel he will and may completely throw it away at some point.

I'd picked Marv at the beginning of the season and though that seems like a dream now I'm still hoping......Tongue

As for 250s dang I wish J Mart could start putting things together and staying consistent. That guy is a true champ and I love his attitude even when he has a bad day. I'm holding out hope he's a three time champ come August 26 Cool
davistld01
7/5/2017 4:35pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2017 4:36pm
Zacko for the 250 title...

Tomac lets the weight of the red plate get to him and throws it away in some key motos...Baggett is there to take advantage, and turn up the late-in-the-season heat by putting in some patented El Chupacabra full-beast rides to take the title by a handful of points.
mxb2
7/5/2017 5:09pm
Have you seen the other fanboys?
cali11
7/5/2017 5:26pm
Congrats Zack & Tomac 2017 MX Champs
TXDirt
7/5/2017 5:31pm
I think Tomac wins Southwick, which will give him some mental confidence that he can win with the red plate. Barring any mechanical issues I think he will take the title in 450.
Hut
7/5/2017 5:48pm
I wouldn't bet against Eli.
7/5/2017 6:14pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2017 6:15pm
Hut wrote:
I agree with this but it's hard to bet against Blake too, have to think what we've seen so far isn't quite his ceiling and will continue to improve. Just hope the injury doesn't hold him back.
JSmith
7/5/2017 6:21pm
ledger wrote:
This
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
7/5/2017 6:32pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Bye bye
aeffertz wrote:

that's only my guess bro.
"Who ya got" asked the OP. Well you know who I got

Of course it's far from over lol
rpoint116
7/5/2017 6:40pm
NateDawg wrote:
Barring an injury or mechanical, I think Tomac takes the 450 title. People talk about him being prone to mistakes but Baggett has been crashing just...
Barring an injury or mechanical, I think Tomac takes the 450 title. People talk about him being prone to mistakes but Baggett has been crashing just as much. If it wasn't for a brake failure at Glen Helen Tomac would have a comfortable points lead heading into his best track. Blake will keep him honest but ET is the fastest guy and should be the favorite right now.

As far as the 250s go, it's Osbourne's title to lose. If either Martin goes on a tear and Zach has some bad races it could get interesting. But Zach is in the driver's seat right now.
Agreed 100%. Great season so far!!!
motosurf
7/5/2017 6:41pm
What happened to all the new bagget fans???
NateDawg
7/5/2017 6:41pm
Hut wrote:
I agree with this but it's hard to bet against Blake too, have to think what we've seen so far isn't quite his ceiling and will...
I agree with this but it's hard to bet against Blake too, have to think what we've seen so far isn't quite his ceiling and will continue to improve. Just hope the injury doesn't hold him back.
Maybe we've seen Blake's ceiling, maybe we haven't. But we know we haven't seen Tomac's ceiling yet this year.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
7/5/2017 6:55pm
ledger wrote:
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well. Zach seems to be hitting on all 8. 450's, hell thats anyone's guess..... that red plate sure seems heavy. I sure don't see ET3 cruising the rest of the season. Cuss me if you want, but he's proven to crack under pressure more than once..... History tends to repeat itself.
struth
7/5/2017 7:26pm
Brake bagget ftw....
Et3 will lose the front end again and have to come from deadlast thru the pack again....
cbuehler767
7/5/2017 7:27pm
Tomac is gonna lay the smack down at Southwick. He's got momentum going into his best track and that's almost putting it lightly. He's no slouch at Milville either by way
cbuehler767
7/5/2017 7:39pm
dadofagun wrote:
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well. Zach seems to be hitting on all 8. 450's, hell thats anyone's guess..... that red plate sure seems heavy...
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well. Zach seems to be hitting on all 8. 450's, hell thats anyone's guess..... that red plate sure seems heavy. I sure don't see ET3 cruising the rest of the season. Cuss me if you want, but he's proven to crack under pressure more than once..... History tends to repeat itself.
Because of sx? Because if we look at his 250 title run, he's building steam the same way after a slow start. It don't recall the exact race but I feel like by mid season he was laying wood to the field every race. I look for him to leave Southwick with 5 moto wins in a row. JMO
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
7/5/2017 7:43pm
dadofagun wrote:
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well. Zach seems to be hitting on all 8. 450's, hell thats anyone's guess..... that red plate sure seems heavy...
Because of sx? Because if we look at his 250 title run, he's building steam the same way after a slow start. It don't recall the...
Because of sx? Because if we look at his 250 title run, he's building steam the same way after a slow start. It don't recall the exact race but I feel like by mid season he was laying wood to the field every race. I look for him to leave Southwick with 5 moto wins in a row. JMO
Could very well happen, and if I'm wrong I'll happily admit it. He just appears to lose his way once things seem to be going his way.... that's all I was getting at.

Post a reply to: Six Down, Six To Go.. Who ya' got?

The Latest