‘Sir’ Jeffrey Herlings is a Knight, after receiving Dutch Royal Decoration

Related:
Create New Tag

1/13/2019 11:51 AM

MXGP has seen many great riders over the years, but as of tonight it also has a Knight! 2018 MXGP FIM Motocross World Champion Jeffrey Herlings, from Red Bull KTM Factory Racing, has become a Knight in the Order of Orange-Nassau.

This honor is exclusively awarded in the Netherlands to people with outstanding achievements. A requirement which Jeffrey Herlings fits perfectly, after becoming 2018 MXGP World Champion, dominating the Dutch Masters of Motocross, and taking third as a part of the Dutch team at the 2018 Monster Energy FIM Motocross of Nations.

Jeffrey: “What a night… amazing. To receive this honor is something very special. One of the greatest things that has ever happened to me. I wasn’t prepared and didn’t see this coming. I’m speechless but will go home tonight with a big smile on my face.”

Herlings received the Royal decoration at the Motorsports gala of the Royal Dutch Motorcycle Federation (KNMV) from Dutch Minister of Sports Bruno Bruins who had nothing but kind words:

“You’re a great champion and an inspiration to others. You’re an example of what it takes to be a true sportsman. Our king could not attend the Grand Prix in Assen but is well aware of your achievements. He’d like to honor you with this decoration.”

At the same event Jeffrey was also awarded the highest Dutch award in motorsports: the Hans de Beaufort trophy. KTM Motorsport’s Director Pit Beirer handed this to him saying:

“This is for being an outstanding rider and a fighter for your country. You deserve it for being an ambassador of the sport and turning over your knowledge to young riders.”

Herlings enjoyed the night but he is fully focused on the upcoming 2019 MXGP FIM Motocross World Championship season kicking off on the 2nd and 3rd of March in Patagonia-Argentina. We just might have to call him ‘sir’ from now on…

Photo: Marvin Duiker / KNMV

Author:
Royal Dutch Motorcycle Federation (KNMV)

https://www.mxgp.com/news/%E2%80%98sir%E2%80%99-jeffrey-herlings-knight-after-receiving-dutch-royal-decoration

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

1/13/2019 11:55 AM

He would. He prob did it just so when Vitards r washing his balls they have to call him sir first...

|

1/13/2019 12:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2019 12:05 PM

What's it mean to be Knighted.....when you're already a motocross GOD!?

nevermind, drt410 just answered that....He is now addressed as, "Sir God of Motocross!"

|

1/13/2019 12:02 PM

drt410 wrote:

He would. He prob did it just so when Vitards r washing his balls they have to call him sir first...

I thought vitards were into washing other people’s boots, not balls

|

1/13/2019 12:08 PM

It would be hilarious if he came to the States and demanded to be called "Sir Jeffrey Herlings". :ohmy

|

1/13/2019 12:41 PM

Photo
|

1/13/2019 12:45 PM

That's pretty damn cool, good for him. Definitely well deserved!

|

1/13/2019 12:46 PM

Photo
|

1/13/2019 12:50 PM

Photo
|

1/13/2019 12:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2019 12:54 PM

can we just keep war out of motocross??? Before butthurt gaskets get blown......I think that's pretty rad, and well deserved.

|

GP740
Since 1987

1/13/2019 12:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2019 2:29 PM

|

1/13/2019 12:57 PM

GeorgiePorgie, no need to cry and throw a thumb down on the pic. Do you even know what that is??

|

1/13/2019 12:59 PM

Greater than Tomac by light years.

|

1/13/2019 1:02 PM

KDXGarage wrote:

GeorgiePorgie, no need to cry and throw a thumb down on the pic. Do you even know what that is??

I had a lil chuckel at itlaughing

|

2009 RMZ 250 (sold)
2004 LTZ 400
#nukethequads

1/13/2019 1:02 PM

uk125250 wrote:

What does this thread have to do with Tomac ?

|

1/13/2019 1:29 PM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

What does this thread have to do with Tomac ?

Him not being on the same planet talent wise as Sir Jeffrey Herlings.

|

1/13/2019 1:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2019 1:39 PM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

can we just keep war out of motocross??? Before butthurt gaskets get blown......I think that's pretty rad, and well deserved.

Well played sir..laughing

|

1/13/2019 1:40 PM

What an honor. Congrats and hooray for Sir Jeffrey. If you've got a different opinion in this matter...you need a new opinion. There's just no discussing it...unless you are a total douche.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

1/13/2019 2:27 PM

Traduction; He says, this year he gonna smash the yankees again, from my holland language understand.
|

1/13/2019 2:32 PM

I'm not aware of how things like this work over there , but it sounds like a big deal , especially to Jeffrey. So a huge congrats to him on getting it. If it's a huge deal to him , and he received it.....then that's pretty Freakin' awesome!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/13/2019 2:34 PM

uk125250 wrote:

I disagree with this , but you're welcome to your opinion.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/13/2019 2:49 PM

ruy wrote:

Traduction; He says, this year he gonna smash the yankees again, from my holland language understand.

he only said he was honoured and he thanked some people close to him etc

dont stir the pot dude ... youre not funny

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

1/13/2019 3:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2019 3:02 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

I'm not aware of how things like this work over there , but it sounds like a big deal , especially to Jeffrey. So a huge congrats to him on getting it. If it's a huge deal to him , and he received it.....then that's pretty Freakin' awesome!

Just like America… However, we have a King instead of a president that's all ... You remember when mxdn Team USA got invited by President Reagan to the White House?! such a big deal it is.

|

1/13/2019 3:26 PM

He is a great rider and his country has a right to be proud.
Has Italy done anything like this for AC 222?
He would be worthy of an honor like this as well.

|

1/13/2019 3:48 PM

drt410 wrote:

How do they call him sir with his balls in their mouth? lmao

|

10' 200 XC-w
96' XR600r

1/13/2019 3:54 PM

He will be awarded a dutch oven to confirm his knighthood.

|

1/13/2019 3:55 PM

Awesome!
Good for the sport and great for him! Congratulations JH!!

|

1/13/2019 3:59 PM

Not much class around here lately. I apologize for my ignorant countrymen.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

1/13/2019 3:59 PM

A friend of mine was at the Gala today, he said it was a big deal. Well deserved.

|

1/13/2019 4:29 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

You are right, I think it is a big deal too. It is not exactly the same in France as it is not a kingdom, from my understanding it is like Lord in the UK, but to summarize, I think it is very very rare that athletes get this kind of award. That proves that Herlings brings moto mainstream in the Netherlands, which is cool to see. Congrats to him !

|