Sipes took home $5k for e/w shooutout win

Related:
Create New Tag

5/10/2011 2:04 PM

That's pretty cool he got that sweet check. Just being curious, I googled around to find some other contests that offer a $5k first prize:

Nathan’s Famous July Fourth International Hot Dog Eating Contest ($5,000 first prize for women, $20,000 for men)
3M’s National Tape Sculpture Contest
Independent Women's Voice’s "ObamaCare Anniversary Video Contest."
General Mill’s 2008 Merchandising Makeover: Pillsbury Bakery Edition contest.
The Rock FM ‘Canadian only” chicken wing eating contest.
Saginaw Bay Walleye Fishing tournament.
BONDI widget competition

Sorry, i'm on a roll today. wink

|

RyanDungey: Got things kicked off tonight to the 2012 supercross season, 3rd place, looking forward to what's ahead thanks to the KTM crew and all fans!
RickyCarmichael: U people crack me up
RyanDungey: “@RickyCarmichael: U people crack me up” who?

5/10/2011 2:08 PM

Dam man the winner did eat quite a few hot dogs, Geez LOL.

|

5/10/2011 2:16 PM

mxb2 wrote:

Dam man the winner did eat quite a few hot dogs, Geez LOL.

If Sipes won that hot dog contest he could have actually bought himself a new bike!

|

RyanDungey: Got things kicked off tonight to the 2012 supercross season, 3rd place, looking forward to what's ahead thanks to the KTM crew and all fans!

5/10/2011 2:23 PM

hell yeah for sipes!

but man, the awards for the shootout winner have really taken a dive... remember when they won a Nissan Titan truck?!

|

5/10/2011 2:25 PM

peelout wrote:

hell yeah for sipes!

but man, the awards for the shootout winner have really taken a dive... remember when they won a Nissan ...more

I worked the Road2Recovery golf Tournament last Friday in Vegas, I got to hang out with Kate Miss Toyota and we were the watchers of Hole 8, if you got a hole in one on Hole 8 you won a Toyota truck...no one did ha

S

|

5/10/2011 2:41 PM

Thats just like the Nascar shootout that's here in Charlotte in a couple weeks.......except the $$$ part.

|

5/10/2011 3:33 PM

I think I am going to get into tape sculpturing.

|

5/10/2011 4:38 PM

A bit insulting, don't you think?

|

5/10/2011 4:41 PM

jimmie wrote:

I went to the Big Wave Awards, man talk about risking your life, those waves were HUGE like 10 story buildings and their checks were the same or less, I guess it just depends on the exposure your sport gets.

S

|

5/10/2011 4:44 PM

i won an OGIO backpack with a built in cooler that will hold up to an 18 case of beer by holing out a 55 foot putt in a golf tourny.

golf is where it's at

|

5/10/2011 4:45 PM

peelout wrote:

i won an OGIO backpack with a built in cooler that will hold up to an 18 case of beer by holing out a 55 foot putt in a golf ...more

Hopefully it was stocked with the 18 beers.

|

5/10/2011 4:54 PM

jimmie wrote:

No, not at all. He's riding a fucking dirt bike for crying out loud. They should be thankful they get any sort if income whatsoever.

|

5/10/2011 4:59 PM

jimmie wrote:

a lot!
he should have gotten 20k for the win and 5k for tenth
and no pay for the east and west mains...is a big insult. jmo

|

5/10/2011 5:07 PM

peelout wrote:

hell yeah for sipes!

but man, the awards for the shootout winner have really taken a dive... remember when they won a Nissan ...more

I think Dungey won a Titan in 07 and a Tundra in 08.

|

5/10/2011 5:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/10/2011 5:20 PM

Sorry.....what I posted was covered in anothe post.

|

Thanks to :Race Tech,Motosport.com,EVS,Engine Ice,Novik,Mika,DT1 Filters,FMF,Alias

5/10/2011 5:34 PM

There sure be an extra zero on Sipes check.

|

5/10/2011 5:36 PM

lumpy790 wrote:

Thats just like the Nascar shootout that's here in Charlotte in a couple weeks.......except the $$$ part.

little OT but...Speaking of Charlotte, did you see where Jr just announced the release of the Worlds Largest HDTV there? its big blink

Photo

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

5/10/2011 5:41 PM

haha i can vouch for saginaw walleye contest. I won a grand for big fish years ago....thats more than making the show @ supercross pays...

|

5/10/2011 6:15 PM

jimmie wrote:

T-Fish wrote:

No, not at all. He's riding a fucking dirt bike for crying out loud. They should be thankful they get any sort if income ...more

x2

|

5/10/2011 6:51 PM

Look at the results at a PGA tournament....35th place makes, like, $50,000. wassat
I wish I took up golf earlier.

|

If you don't crash once in a while, you're not going fast enough.

5/10/2011 7:21 PM

Considering I plan on having a race in October and will be paying out $5K to the winner... sure does seem as big an event that is, they could find the sponsors to put up a little more cash!

|

5/10/2011 7:24 PM

Just goes to show where MX/SX really sits in the scale of things.

|

5/10/2011 7:24 PM

dboivin wrote:

haha i can vouch for saginaw walleye contest. I won a grand for big fish years ago....thats more than making the show @ ...more

You're killin me...see, you can't make this stuff up.
I remember when Malcolm was saying he'd rather fish...

|

5/10/2011 7:28 PM

jimmie wrote:

T-Fish wrote:

No, not at all. He's riding a fucking dirt bike for crying out loud. They should be thankful they get any sort if income ...more

mattmatt300 wrote:

x2

I think he was being sarcastic. I could be wrong. I hope not.

|

5/10/2011 7:30 PM

you left out cup stacking, national spelling bee, and extreme caking

|

5/10/2011 8:02 PM

Rudeboy119 wrote:

you left out cup stacking, national spelling bee, and extreme caking

Hahahah !

|

5/10/2011 8:05 PM

spd721 wrote:

There sure be an extra zero on Sipes check.

$50,000.00 for a shoot out win? Chad only got $35,000.00 for second place in the SX class points. Why would they give him $50,000.00 for one race?

|

5/10/2011 8:21 PM

Feld should be embarrassed by the prize money in this sport. Sold out stadium in LV and they couldn't even pay the entertainment in the Lites classes. Straight up embarrassing!! I would say riders union but the guys making the money would not join and they would just black ball and replace everyone else. The walk out 1998 failed and that had big name riders.

|

5/10/2011 8:43 PM

Ex-MXer Rickie Fowler finished tied for 16th in last weekend's PGA golf tournament and made $97,500. Pretty wise career path that boy chose.

I love MX but the riders will never get paid what they're worth. Too many fingers in the pie.

On a side note, because I signed up for emailed SX updates, I received a discount offer for Ringling Bros. circus tickets today!

|

The PD441 of Motodrive

5/10/2011 9:01 PM

jimmie wrote:

Based on the effort the riders put in to the shootout.... Not at all.

|