Tracks near Sioux falls?

Lukass59
Edited Date/Time 6/27/2021 6:59am
Anyone live in the Sioux Falls area?
Just moved here from Oregon and have been trying to get into contact with the track guess it’s a yearly membership with a key program. Went to check the track out one day but no one was riding so gate was closed. Just wondering how it works and if any of you guys go out there every weekend. Don’t really want a yearly membership if everyone just rides on the public access days.

Been to a couple bike shops but seems like most employees just ride street and don’t know much about how the track works.

Next public practice isn’t tell August and was hopping to not wait that long lol

Thanks!
|
JG463
6/27/2021 7:32am
I live in Okoboji and have the same issue with places to ride consistently. I’ll shoot you a PM on a few private tracks.
Lukass59
6/27/2021 7:43am Edited Date/Time 6/27/2021 7:47am
I have never even been to South Dakota, but it took me about 10 seconds worth of Google to find the [url=http://www.siouxvalleycycleclub.com]Sioux Valley Cycle Club[/url] website...
I have never even been to South Dakota, but it took me about 10 seconds worth of Google to find the Sioux Valley Cycle Club website. You’re welcome.
I know Sioux valley cycle club, they have very few public days and you can sign up for a membership I was more or less asking people that have the membership if they actually ride there on weekends when the track is closed to the general public. Because when I showed up there was no one there and gates were locked. ( probably because it was hot as hell out) but I just wanted to talk to some guys that have it and make sure I wouldn’t be buying a membership just to ride by myself. when I called Sioux valley and emailed I never got a reply.

I should of elaborated
Lukass59
6/27/2021 7:44am
JG463 wrote:
I live in Okoboji and have the same issue with places to ride consistently. I’ll shoot you a PM on a few private tracks.
At least okoboji is an awesome spot!
Sounds good, thanks man!

The Shop

SKIDLID
Fantasy
761st
6/27/2021 8:17am
I used to race Saddleback lots years ago. Fast track with bigger jumps. It was fun .
6/27/2021 8:56am
I’m from about an hour and a half from Sioux Falls. Homer Nebraska has Fiddler Creek which is a really nice facility. Yankton sd also has a track. Diamond park mx in lakefield mn also. I believe most of these places operate on yearly membership programs but each have 4 or so prepped practices a year plus their races
SKIDLID
Fantasy
761st
6/28/2021 2:47am
I’m from about an hour and a half from Sioux Falls. Homer Nebraska has Fiddler Creek which is a really nice facility. Yankton sd also has...
I’m from about an hour and a half from Sioux Falls. Homer Nebraska has Fiddler Creek which is a really nice facility. Yankton sd also has a track. Diamond park mx in lakefield mn also. I believe most of these places operate on yearly membership programs but each have 4 or so prepped practices a year plus their races
Lakefield has not started membership riding yet. I also enjoyed Yankton in the past.
Bennett
6/28/2021 9:12pm
O.K. I guess I'll chime in here. I was born and raised in Sioux Falls. Growing up, I had the typical Briggs & Stratton mini bike, rode and jumped bicycles as far as we could off curbs and plywood ramps. Dad bought a couple junker 1972 Yamaha DT360's, one running, one for parts. Fixed and rode those for years. In the 80's, joined the Saddleback Cycle Club, so I could have a place to ride. Unfortunately, it was ran by a crabby bunch of old men who expected every member to attend every club meeting, and mandatory work weekends, and mandatory assistance on certain race weekends. I get it, but I was just a youngster looking for a place to ride. I didn't have much interest in the rest. Nevertheless, I bought the membership, and worked some of the races, and attended the boring meetings. It got me a key to the gate, so I could ride at will. Eventually got me a Banshee and CR500. Raced some races there, TT, Motocross, Hare Scrambles, and got a few (my only) trophy's. If I recall, they eventually changed the membership dues. Pay more to not help, pay less if you were willing to work. Anyway, they had a flat track/TT track, "Supercross Track", MX track, and plenty of land to ride. Overall, I did enjoy my time there, watch out for the cow pies though. I also raced at the Yankton Scramblers track once. Good times. Oh and also, If I recall, Saddleback was somewhat rocky, with not a lot of track prep. Maybe it has changed since then. I haven't seen it since probably 1995. I have a few pictures I can post from back then. From 1991 on I mostly rode in the many sand/gravel pits just east of Sioux Falls, and the back side of Great Bear Ski Valley. Just had to watch for spiked boards buried, and know the escape routes, and be prepared to run! Got chased many times, ha, had years of fun there.
SKIDLID
Fantasy
761st
6/29/2021 2:23am
Bennett wrote:
O.K. I guess I'll chime in here. I was born and raised in Sioux Falls. Growing up, I had the typical Briggs & Stratton mini bike...
O.K. I guess I'll chime in here. I was born and raised in Sioux Falls. Growing up, I had the typical Briggs & Stratton mini bike, rode and jumped bicycles as far as we could off curbs and plywood ramps. Dad bought a couple junker 1972 Yamaha DT360's, one running, one for parts. Fixed and rode those for years. In the 80's, joined the Saddleback Cycle Club, so I could have a place to ride. Unfortunately, it was ran by a crabby bunch of old men who expected every member to attend every club meeting, and mandatory work weekends, and mandatory assistance on certain race weekends. I get it, but I was just a youngster looking for a place to ride. I didn't have much interest in the rest. Nevertheless, I bought the membership, and worked some of the races, and attended the boring meetings. It got me a key to the gate, so I could ride at will. Eventually got me a Banshee and CR500. Raced some races there, TT, Motocross, Hare Scrambles, and got a few (my only) trophy's. If I recall, they eventually changed the membership dues. Pay more to not help, pay less if you were willing to work. Anyway, they had a flat track/TT track, "Supercross Track", MX track, and plenty of land to ride. Overall, I did enjoy my time there, watch out for the cow pies though. I also raced at the Yankton Scramblers track once. Good times. Oh and also, If I recall, Saddleback was somewhat rocky, with not a lot of track prep. Maybe it has changed since then. I haven't seen it since probably 1995. I have a few pictures I can post from back then. From 1991 on I mostly rode in the many sand/gravel pits just east of Sioux Falls, and the back side of Great Bear Ski Valley. Just had to watch for spiked boards buried, and know the escape routes, and be prepared to run! Got chased many times, ha, had years of fun there.
I forgot about the cow pies in the parking area of Sioux Falls. Had a friend unload and drop his bike right in one, another friends wife had to clean it off because he wouldn't touch the poop,
BigBoreFan58
6/29/2021 7:42am
Get yourself a KTM Adventure bike and go get lost out there.
Lukass59
6/29/2021 8:44am
Thank you guys for all the tips!
Really appreciate it
Lukass59
6/29/2021 8:50am
Contacted lake field looks like they're having a quads only weekend lol
Have not heard back from saddleback yet was hopping to get a member to "sponsor me" so id be able to ride this weekend or next. We will see if I hear back from them

Not super worried about track conditions more concerned about if I buy a membership that ill be riding alone on the weekends haha
reynardfan1
Fantasy
3669th
6/29/2021 10:47am
Lukass59 wrote:
Anyone live in the Sioux Falls area? Just moved here from Oregon and have been trying to get into contact with the track guess it’s a...
Anyone live in the Sioux Falls area?
Just moved here from Oregon and have been trying to get into contact with the track guess it’s a yearly membership with a key program. Went to check the track out one day but no one was riding so gate was closed. Just wondering how it works and if any of you guys go out there every weekend. Don’t really want a yearly membership if everyone just rides on the public access days.

Been to a couple bike shops but seems like most employees just ride street and don’t know much about how the track works.

Next public practice isn’t tell August and was hopping to not wait that long lol

Thanks!
Homer(Fiddler Creek), Sioux Valley Cycle Club, Yankton Scramblers, Joe Dirt MX(facebook), Westfair(council bluffs), Lincoln Sports Foundation(2 tracks on site), Troll Village MX (facebook).

all within 3 hrs reach....
DD325
6/29/2021 8:21pm
I pm'd you.

Post a reply to: Tracks near Sioux falls?

The Latest