Single Garage Setups

bestmx
8/2/2018 12:54pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2018 3:49pm
Just about to move and finally have a garage! Anyone care to share their single garage set ups so I have some inspiration?

Few threads going for garage setups, but those are for huuuuge garages you can't even dream of in the UK.

Cheers
|
kb228
8/2/2018 2:04pm
I have a single garage. Dont do it. Theres literally no room. I got a 44” wide toolbox, a workbench, 2 cabnets, a grill, lawn mower, 2 dirtbikes and a supersport and its cramped. Most of the time i have to take 2 bikes out to work on one comfortably
bestmx
8/2/2018 2:23pm
kb228 wrote:
I have a single garage. Dont do it. Theres literally no room. I got a 44” wide toolbox, a workbench, 2 cabnets, a grill, lawn mower...
I have a single garage. Dont do it. Theres literally no room. I got a 44” wide toolbox, a workbench, 2 cabnets, a grill, lawn mower, 2 dirtbikes and a supersport and its cramped. Most of the time i have to take 2 bikes out to work on one comfortably
Dude, a house with a single garage where I live is $600k! Double garages, simply do not exist over here aha!

I'll have; CR 250, YZ 125, KLX 110 and MTB's in there. I'm sure I'll some space and I can always put a bike in my van to free up some space.
bestmx
8/2/2018 2:24pm
Ewan wrote:
Get yourself on https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7 Lots of inspiration on there and plenty posters from Europe too with single garage builds. Beware though, you can lose hours on...
Get yourself on https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Lots of inspiration on there and plenty posters from Europe too with single garage builds.

Beware though, you can lose hours on that forum really easily
6 hours laterrr.... Laughing

Thanks for this!

The Shop

sumdood
Fantasy
1333rd
8/2/2018 2:26pm
If in doubt toss it out and hang as much shit as you can from the ceiling ? lol. Congrats on getting a garage Cool
kb228
8/2/2018 3:33pm
kb228 wrote:
I have a single garage. Dont do it. Theres literally no room. I got a 44” wide toolbox, a workbench, 2 cabnets, a grill, lawn mower...
bestmx wrote:
Dude, a house with a single garage where I live is $600k! Double garages, simply do not exist over here aha! I'll have; CR 250, YZ...
Dude, a house with a single garage where I live is $600k! Double garages, simply do not exist over here aha!

I'll have; CR 250, YZ 125, KLX 110 and MTB's in there. I'm sure I'll some space and I can always put a bike in my van to free up some space.
Holy balls dude you need to move. I wouldnt touch a $600,000 house without at least 6 garages in a seperate building and another 2 attched to my house where i live
Frankie
8/2/2018 3:44pm
kb228 wrote:
Holy balls dude you need to move. I wouldnt touch a $600,000 house without at least 6 garages in a seperate building and another 2 attched...
Holy balls dude you need to move. I wouldnt touch a $600,000 house without at least 6 garages in a seperate building and another 2 attched to my house where i live
For $600,000 you can buy Mansfield Ohio.. Smile
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
8/2/2018 3:57pm
I had a single-car garage at my apartment once. Had a YZ250F, two bicycles, tools & supplies, and a small car that all made it inside. I'm trying to remember if I was able to get my wife's ATV in there too.. maybe. Now I have to find a picture.

Put the motorcycle way in the back, along the back wall. line the passenger's side wall with cabinets, tool boxes, and/or a thin workbench. Use your car mirror as a guide for how far out you can come with the bench top. Leave enough room on the driver's side so you can open the door and walk out behind your car. Let any passengers out before you park in the garage. :-)
BroFoSho
8/2/2018 4:21pm
kb228 wrote:
bestmx wrote:
Dude, a house with a single garage where I live is $600k! Double garages, simply do not exist over here aha! I'll have; CR 250, YZ...

kb228 wrote:
Holy balls dude you need to move. I wouldnt touch a $600,000 house without at least 6 garages in a seperate building and another 2 attched...
Can you even fly in/out of Mansfield though? lol
BR8ES
8/2/2018 5:02pm
vertical space is your friend with limited room.
TJMX947
8/3/2018 5:00am
600k buys you a really nice house in Charlotte NC.

600k buys a house on a canal in Florida with a boat slip so you can just hop on a Jetski after you get finished riding motos in January.

600k buys a 800 sq ft apartment in NY with a common area shower...just kidding...I don't even know anything about NY real estate.
DoubleA
8/3/2018 5:53am
bestmx wrote:

Best, my mum been trying to selling our house for years she finally accepted an offer at 623k roughly. Place has a double garage and room for a pitbike and enough room to park 3/4 lorries Laughing In between Manchester and Stoke.
kb228
8/3/2018 5:59am
kb228 wrote:
Frankie wrote:
For $600,000 you can buy Mansfield Ohio.. Smile
Facts
kb228
8/3/2018 6:01am
bestmx wrote:

kb228 wrote:
BroFoSho wrote:
Can you even fly in/out of Mansfield though? lol
Yea man we got an entire airport with an air force base on it
MR. X
8/3/2018 7:24am
TJMX947 wrote:
600k buys you a really nice house in Charlotte NC. 600k buys a house on a canal in Florida with a boat slip so you can...
600k buys you a really nice house in Charlotte NC.

600k buys a house on a canal in Florida with a boat slip so you can just hop on a Jetski after you get finished riding motos in January.

600k buys a 800 sq ft apartment in NY with a common area shower...just kidding...I don't even know anything about NY real estate.
600K in western NY will basically buy any house on the market , the southern part of western ny ,you could get a house with a few HUNDRED acres of wooded land.
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
8/3/2018 9:26am
My 2 car garage is packed. I have to sell some bikes before i can add another. 600k can get you 10 private acres with a lake or on canal with 2 decent houses and 2 200x200 foot steel buildings in many areas. I have been shopping for property nonstop and you can actually get this for 400k if you look hard enough. I'm searching for 20 acres on water myself at the moment. I dont want neighbors that can complain about my track or my guitar or anything.
bestmx
8/3/2018 9:54am
bestmx wrote:

DoubleA wrote:
Best, my mum been trying to selling our house for years she finally accepted an offer at 623k roughly. Place has a double garage and room...
Best, my mum been trying to selling our house for years she finally accepted an offer at 623k roughly. Place has a double garage and room for a pitbike and enough room to park 3/4 lorries Laughing In between Manchester and Stoke.
Sounds great, but I'm a Hertfordshire boy and need to be close to work. Unfortunately, having easy links (under an hours journey) to both London and Cambridge, house prices are mad round here!

I have been looking into the prospect of moving from GSK in Ware, to their site in Zebulon NC. There are Engineering Technician roles up for grabs and the houses I could afford.. Oh my!!! Things of dreams..

Maybe one day!
Donovan759
8/3/2018 10:04am

Mine is a work in progress. I just got it cleaned out after we moved into our new house in March. I have just enough room for shelving and my toolbox in the back, a roomy area to wrench on my bike, and a workable area to work on my car without moving anything. It’s a little deeper than most single car garages so it works great for now.
philG
8/3/2018 2:39pm
There is a house round the corner from me , £500k, no garage.. i have a single garage, and it sucks, but it doesnt suck anywhere near as much as not having one.

Decide where you want the bike to sit, then drill a ground anchor in under the stand.. once you have done that , everything else goes where it fits.. B&Q do decent plastic racks that you can stick all your stuff on , in boxes, hold loads , got one of those and a roll cab. Sadly , i have too many bikes for the space i have, so its cluttered as hell, wishing i had built a double when i had the chance, but then my camper parking is all gone... everything is a compromise.

philG
8/3/2018 3:04pm
Falcon wrote:
I had a single-car garage at my apartment once. Had a YZ250F, two bicycles, tools & supplies, and a small car that all made it inside...
I had a single-car garage at my apartment once. Had a YZ250F, two bicycles, tools & supplies, and a small car that all made it inside. I'm trying to remember if I was able to get my wife's ATV in there too.. maybe. Now I have to find a picture.

Put the motorcycle way in the back, along the back wall. line the passenger's side wall with cabinets, tool boxes, and/or a thin workbench. Use your car mirror as a guide for how far out you can come with the bench top. Leave enough room on the driver's side so you can open the door and walk out behind your car. Let any passengers out before you park in the garage. :-)
A standard single car garage, in the UK , is not big enough to park a Ford focus in and open one door properly.
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
1835th
8/3/2018 3:49pm
Let me contribute instead of talking house prices
How much space do you have? Do you plan on dedicating the space to bikes or do you want to store other things?
Here is baggets storage container

Here is a small garage

Here is my bike when we go ride away from home close to the beach. In a shed next to the beer!

The Kawasaki team under the lift gate of their trailer

Finally go on YouTube and check out dirtbike channel. He has a small shed be he makes it look huge! 2-3 bikes. Tables and a recliner.

Post a reply to: Single Garage Setups

The Latest