Since we got our azz kicked?

motomike137
10/3/2017 7:23am
The only comment I have is regarding Roger. He should step down when he is ready and not one minute sooner. I hope that he at least does it in 2018 because it is going to be an epic event with what I assume is full participation from our top riders. Roger deserves to go out on top and we have to be prohibitive favorites for 2018 imho.
10/3/2017 10:54am
Motofinne wrote:
The interview that Matthes did with Decoster was interesting. I feel like he is going to step down, not because of the results but because of...
The interview that Matthes did with Decoster was interesting. I feel like he is going to step down, not because of the results but because of the comment he made about him being one of few that wants to do it the right way.

With that said, the results wont change for you guys if Roger steps down. You are delusional if you think that.
early wrote:
This.

Go listen to the interview. You can just about hear Roger saying "Im too old for this shit"
Just what I thought listening to his itw: I could hear Glover.
Danny, that is, not Broc.
Wink
olds cool
10/3/2017 11:09am
When 2 out of 3 riders are snakebit with equipment failures and injuries WTH are you supposed to do? Doesn't matter who goes or went, could happen to anybody!
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
10/3/2017 11:23am
The only comment I have is regarding Roger. He should step down when he is ready and not one minute sooner. I hope that he at...
The only comment I have is regarding Roger. He should step down when he is ready and not one minute sooner. I hope that he at least does it in 2018 because it is going to be an epic event with what I assume is full participation from our top riders. Roger deserves to go out on top and we have to be prohibitive favorites for 2018 imho.
Well said.

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
10/3/2017 11:28am
The only comment I have is regarding Roger. He should step down when he is ready and not one minute sooner. I hope that he at...
Bingo.
10/3/2017 6:52pm
rdmx151 wrote:
The Man has been lossing 6 years in arrow, keep on doing it, great job next year go for the 5th
I mean I some what agree. What if Bill B had 6 losing seasons in a row? Yes his previous accomplishments are amazing but it would be time to move on. Roger has done great but..6 straight years...time for a change.
10/3/2017 7:20pm Edited Date/Time 10/3/2017 7:25pm
Thats the dumbest thing I ever heard. You act like he had a choise to compete in the race.
10/3/2017 7:28pm
Wow. What a bunch of sore lossers some of you are. You just have to accept that the rest of the world is pushing hard racing Motocross, while the USA riders have really let slide on the outdoor side of things, probably just circulating to fulfill a contract. How many riders these days bow out of MX with "an injury" to be ready for SX. How many riders at the end of their contract year mysteriously pick up a bunch of speed in hopes of getting another ride?
And you know what? I can't really blame them. Busting your balls in 105 degrees heat, facing possible heat stroke, then practicing in it during the week, on top of a ridiculously long season while looking forward to a 2 - 3 break from bikes for the year.
There isn't a problem with Roger, shit I'll marry him so he can join our team with all that he does and knows, he isn't the one screwing the throttle or choosing to stay at home or get surgery.
The speed that the GP riders are displaying is a direct result of their environment, and the lesser speed and depth of the US riders is a direct result of their environment.
GIwasB4
10/3/2017 7:58pm
Jeffro, GuyB, I was not disrespecting Roger D.
I've been standing on the hill at Glen Helen since 1978. I have been to 10 MX des Nations races since then.
Including the one the Indians still owe me tickets to.
I just asked a question.
Belichick will get replaced at some point, for the good of the organization. I did'nt say either of them should.
mark911
10/3/2017 8:04pm
There's just not as much money supporting the outdoors compared to SX. It's not the riders fault. Once SX was packaged and presented as such a spectator appealing money machine the fate of pure motocross was sealed.

Lets face it, the majority of the money comes from your average motorcycle or race enthusiast. When all we had was the outdoors, spectators showed up in mass because it was the only game in town. Now, given the choice of attending (spending money) and supporting (buying products) one or two races a year what would the average motorcycle enthusiast choose? The way they probably see it now is, 1) a hot, long, dusty outdoor race, or 2) a nice, clean, stadium race with all the conveniences?

The US riders are just trying to make a living, some a very good living, and to do that you gotta follow the money.
brimx153
10/3/2017 11:34pm
how can u blame Roger , not his fault . Blame Tomac or any rider that said no . also people blaming the riders that did man up and go is terrible .people put way too much into who picks the teams anyway . most years teams pick themselfs anyway .
Motoxdoc
10/4/2017 12:00am
GIwasB4 wrote:
1.does not participating in the MXoN (when you are able and qualified) equate to taking a knee during the NATIONAL ANTHEM? 2.Does "The Man" need to...
1.does not participating in the MXoN (when you are able and qualified) equate to taking a knee during the NATIONAL ANTHEM?
2.Does "The Man" need to relinquish the managerial position he has held for "ever"?
3.Should it be contract clad that the winner of 250 and 450 classes must participate?

I say YES to all 3, just my take
#1...No. Because one chooses not to exercise their patriotic rights, and is kind of dissing their country by not representing it when healthy. The other chooses to exercise their patriotic rights, and show respect to their country and flag by taking a knee. How can you equate the two?

#2...No. Because he is the winning-est manager in MXDN history. Roger's record speaks for itself. He has more experience there then anyone else in our country (I stated, "in our country" just to be safe, but "the world" probably wouldn't be wrong).

#3...No. Because you can't make a racer race if he doesn't want to....and you shouldn't.

....all just my opinions.
kkawboy14
10/4/2017 5:30am
Did Puerto Rico beat the USA team? Maybe they have a good manager?
danman
10/4/2017 6:10am
#1 - No, apples and oranges. US riders are racing more than 30 weekends a year. They burn out. How many weekends do the GP's race?(Real question) I don't know for sure, but I don't think it's as much as the US riders, so they probably aren't as burned out. There becomes a breaking point where that burn out turns to a higher risk of mental lapse/injury.
#2 - No. He's "The Man" for a reason. He's not on the bike riding it and I have yet to hear one rider turn down the US team because Roger is the manager. He's the best out there, period!
#3 - No. Just No. This isn't North Korea.
kaptkaos
10/4/2017 8:36am
Its not Rogers fault. He does the best he can with the tools provided. He is the one consistent part of our MXDN Team every year, and there is NOBODY else that we can count on to be as committed as he is. I say we let him be the manager, but we change the way we pick the team and we figure out how to make this race matter to our riders.

In 2017, the easiest way to make things matter is with $$$.
Bermworm
10/4/2017 5:20pm
GIwasB4 wrote:
Jeffro, GuyB, I was not disrespecting Roger D. I've been standing on the hill at Glen Helen since 1978. I have been to 10 MX des...
Jeffro, GuyB, I was not disrespecting Roger D.
I've been standing on the hill at Glen Helen since 1978. I have been to 10 MX des Nations races since then.
Including the one the Indians still owe me tickets to.
I just asked a question.
Belichick will get replaced at some point, for the good of the organization. I did'nt say either of them should.
Should've wore a hat...

Post a reply to: Since we got our azz kicked?

The Latest