Since it needs no further introduction, I give you the MPS masterpiece:

1/1/2013 5:39pm
Exactly what I said i my first post.. Paul replaces the whole cradle, its the only way to go.
scooter5002
1/1/2013 6:44pm
Awesome. Spend the money, you won't regret it. Cool
CamP wrote:
I looked at the '04 CR500AF LE. The bike is good shape with about 30 hours on it. The seller has all the paperwork and I...
I looked at the '04 CR500AF LE. The bike is good shape with about 30 hours on it. The seller has all the paperwork and I learned that the suspension was set up for about 165lb rider. I'm about 215 so it would require a re-spring and re-valve to work for me. He wants $5,400, but I would have to put another $800 in the suspension. Not sure it's worth $6,200 considering I saw a real '09 500AF, that was set up for 210lb, stall on ebay at $5,100.

BTW, all the SH welds looked excellent.
Well,comparing dollars, the 09 would certainly be the way to go. If you want one,you should get it. The only thing I struggle with on mine is the skinny factor. I have a hard time hanging on with my legs ,but my riding technique isn't the best. Everyone who has one likes it, and that one complaint is my only one.
scooter5002
1/1/2013 7:07pm Edited Date/Time 1/1/2013 7:10pm
scooter5002, you have your little thread and to be honest its not right what you are doing. So you are showing pictures of your altered frame...
scooter5002, you have your little thread and to be honest its not right what you are doing. So you are showing pictures of your altered frame.

Do people know that the pictures you are showing are really the before frame or the altered frame. You have stated on other sites that you did not have time to take pictures of the frame George did for you before you had somebody modify his work. So now you are posting pictrues of your modified frame that has seen several hands since George has last worked on it.

Now I have had my problems with Goeorge but he has always picked up the phone and made it right. Do people know here that this crusade you have with George is over three years old.

Do people here know that he has made multiple atempts to make this right with you, but you choose to do this. If you were in the United States could be liable for slander and defermation of charachter. If you were to loose your case you would have to pay george for every last sale you have costed his company and the profit and overhead associated with his loss.

In the Untied States you have to either let a contactor fix their mistakes before you can hold them liable. You sir have not done this, and it has been offered to you.

Just let it go.
Well, well, well, you make an appearance. Wonderful. Now allow me to have MY say. First: Spelling and grammar. It's counts for something. Second, so does the truth. That's what I've delivered here. Third, following up on your commitments. I've done that, just as I promised.

Had George not been such a jackass to deal with, this problem wouldn't exist. He was. I would suggest you go back and read my original post here, because you aren't getting it. Period. Read it 5 or 6 times, if necessary, just to let it sink in. ONE other person worked on that frame after George, besides me. The guy who GOT THE MOTOR TO FIT IN BETWEEN THE FRAME RAILS! It was a hot stinking mess, and I'll be DAMNED if I'll waste one more minute of my time or cent of my money allowing a hack to work on something that was so bad to begin with. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit. I could have lived with a couple minor faux pas, but that's not the case here. More importantly, I'm not the only unhappy customer he has, just the one bringing this to light. If you have a problem with this, that's what it is. YOUR problem.

I would say by the comments in this thread that people aren't impressed by the (lack thereof) workmanship. Maybe I can even prevent some poor sap from buying one of Georges bikes and getting hurt. The pictures and posts speak volumes, and I don't think the crowd is screaming their disapproval.

I'm guilty of nothing, other than exposing a schuyster, a fraud, and an unethical incompetent hack. Perhaps you should check out banned and KXRiders as well. Nobody there is singing their praises of his work.
Allow me to re-iterate what I said before. If you are happy with YOUR purchase, that's great. For the money you paid, you should be. I'm not, and I'm letting people know it. This isn't about me, it's about not letting George get away with his antics anymore. With any luck, so far the cost has only been in dollars, not injuries or lives. I would urge you to think about that last statement as you stand on your soapbox.

Feel free to tell George to stop by and justify that piece of crap. I'm waiting.
Insider347
1/1/2013 7:28pm
scooter5002, you have your little thread and to be honest its not right what you are doing. So you are showing pictures of your altered frame...
scooter5002, you have your little thread and to be honest its not right what you are doing. So you are showing pictures of your altered frame.

Do people know that the pictures you are showing are really the before frame or the altered frame. You have stated on other sites that you did not have time to take pictures of the frame George did for you before you had somebody modify his work. So now you are posting pictrues of your modified frame that has seen several hands since George has last worked on it.

Now I have had my problems with Goeorge but he has always picked up the phone and made it right. Do people know here that this crusade you have with George is over three years old.

Do people here know that he has made multiple atempts to make this right with you, but you choose to do this. If you were in the United States could be liable for slander and defermation of charachter. If you were to loose your case you would have to pay george for every last sale you have costed his company and the profit and overhead associated with his loss.

In the Untied States you have to either let a contactor fix their mistakes before you can hold them liable. You sir have not done this, and it has been offered to you.

Just let it go.
Well, well, well, you make an appearance. Wonderful. Now allow me to have MY say. First: Spelling and grammar. It's counts for something. Second, so does...
Well, well, well, you make an appearance. Wonderful. Now allow me to have MY say. First: Spelling and grammar. It's counts for something. Second, so does the truth. That's what I've delivered here. Third, following up on your commitments. I've done that, just as I promised.

Had George not been such a jackass to deal with, this problem wouldn't exist. He was. I would suggest you go back and read my original post here, because you aren't getting it. Period. Read it 5 or 6 times, if necessary, just to let it sink in. ONE other person worked on that frame after George, besides me. The guy who GOT THE MOTOR TO FIT IN BETWEEN THE FRAME RAILS! It was a hot stinking mess, and I'll be DAMNED if I'll waste one more minute of my time or cent of my money allowing a hack to work on something that was so bad to begin with. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit. I could have lived with a couple minor faux pas, but that's not the case here. More importantly, I'm not the only unhappy customer he has, just the one bringing this to light. If you have a problem with this, that's what it is. YOUR problem.

I would say by the comments in this thread that people aren't impressed by the (lack thereof) workmanship. Maybe I can even prevent some poor sap from buying one of Georges bikes and getting hurt. The pictures and posts speak volumes, and I don't think the crowd is screaming their disapproval.

I'm guilty of nothing, other than exposing a schuyster, a fraud, and an unethical incompetent hack. Perhaps you should check out banned and KXRiders as well. Nobody there is singing their praises of his work.
Allow me to re-iterate what I said before. If you are happy with YOUR purchase, that's great. For the money you paid, you should be. I'm not, and I'm letting people know it. This isn't about me, it's about not letting George get away with his antics anymore. With any luck, so far the cost has only been in dollars, not injuries or lives. I would urge you to think about that last statement as you stand on your soapbox.

Feel free to tell George to stop by and justify that piece of crap. I'm waiting.
3 years ago? You gotta let it go man. Causing you wayyyyy too much stress.

The Shop

Parks65
1/1/2013 7:41pm
Anyone got popcorn? This shits entertaining!
TerryK
1/1/2013 7:45pm
BAMX wrote:
That is what I was implying with my sarcastic masterpiece remark. Since, I didn't have photos of my buddy's bike I didn't want to get into...
That is what I was implying with my sarcastic masterpiece remark. Since, I didn't have photos of my buddy's bike I didn't want to get into it with guys like TerryK. The Paul Stoffer work on the otherhand looks quality kind of like what I thought my friend would get from Service Honda.
Guys like TerryK? Wtf does that mean? lol Laughing
scooter5002
1/1/2013 7:52pm
Insider347 wrote:
3 years ago? You gotta let it go man. Causing you wayyyyy too much stress.
I'm not even remotely stressed over this. Don't kid yourself. I'm ENJOYING this. The timeline on this is in the original post, nothing is hidden. When you crank out the kind of product George does, with the implications of his poor workmanship in the mix, I like to think I'm doing someone a favour.

Let me put this into perspective for you. If you bought a brand new Chev pickup truck, it was a piece of shit and nothing but trouble, with warranty not really fixing the problems, would you recommend buying one to a friend? If Chev thought nothing of selling 10,000 more because they could, despite knowing the problems with their product, would YOU be pissed?

I went through this with Volvo Trucks in 96. Bought a brand new truck that cost me $2000 a month in payments and it was a nightmare. Just a turd from day one, and burned 10 gallons of oil in 10,000 miles (basically the oil change interval) and said "You're not changing your oil often enough." Lol. Ya, okay. 10 fresh gallons of oil in 10,000 miles, but I'm not changing it enough. 2 years before they agreed to deal with it, at a cost of $150 a month in extra oil costs a month TO ME. A grand total of $3600, almost 2 truck payments in 2 years. They pulled the head off, only after 2 pipe plugs in the deck started leaking, and 2 cylinders were polished up like a mirror. The rings never seated from day 1. Gee, you think? I'll never own a Volvo truck again.
scooter5002
1/1/2013 7:54pm
TerryK wrote:
You're a little more of a Service Honda fan than some Terry, that's all he's saying. Wink He doesn't KNOW you like I do. Evil
tobz
1/1/2013 8:04pm Edited Date/Time 1/1/2013 8:05pm
Ill be honest, i opened up the thread and went straight to the pictures looking for a "masterpiece", i was horrified with what i saw, and here's me thinking you were seriously posting a masterpiece Laughing
scooter5002
1/1/2013 8:12pm
Lol. Sorry man. Tough to look at, huh? Be glad you don't OWN it. Laughing
BAMX
1/1/2013 8:25pm Edited Date/Time 1/1/2013 8:25pm
TerryK wrote:
You're a little more of a Service Honda fan than some Terry, that's all he's saying. Wink He doesn't KNOW you like I do. Evil
After the beating you gave the guy on the gaskets thread, I kind of got the point that you have strong opinions. Smile
scooter5002
1/1/2013 8:29pm
Lol. That WAS an asswhippin' wasn't it? I've chatted with Terry a bit, I think he knows his stuff. When he drops some knowledge, it's good to listen. I don't care for aftermarket gaskets either. OEM Honda cost more, but they fit. Properly.
BAMX
1/1/2013 9:08pm
Lol. That WAS an asswhippin' wasn't it? I've chatted with Terry a bit, I think he knows his stuff. When he drops some knowledge, it's good...
Lol. That WAS an asswhippin' wasn't it? I've chatted with Terry a bit, I think he knows his stuff. When he drops some knowledge, it's good to listen. I don't care for aftermarket gaskets either. OEM Honda cost more, but they fit. Properly.
I have only used K&S as far as the aftermarket stuff goes and they were the right size material and thickness so maybe I was a bit put off by blanket statements about aftermarket gaskets. Then again, if the guy had built a hundred or so motors as he claimed, he probably should have been able to know they were junk just by looking at them. If a base gasket looks like it is made out of construction paper, you should probably use something else.
TerryK
1/1/2013 10:22pm
BAMX wrote:
After the beating you gave the guy on the gaskets thread, I kind of got the point that you have strong opinions. Smile
Lol, you make me sound like a know it all. While I admit to being a bit opinionated at times, I'll only pass on information I know is 100% accurate, especially when it comes to mechanics. I'm an absolute stickler for detail and perfection when it comes to machines, especially performance machines.

Wink
jeffro503
1/1/2013 10:29pm
BAMX wrote:
TerryK wrote:
Lol, you make me sound like a know it all. While I admit to being a bit opinionated at times, I'll only pass on information I...
Lol, you make me sound like a know it all. While I admit to being a bit opinionated at times, I'll only pass on information I know is 100% accurate, especially when it comes to mechanics. I'm an absolute stickler for detail and perfection when it comes to machines, especially performance machines.

Wink
You God Damn Canadians! Christ!

WoohooWoohoo
CR500Rider
1/2/2013 2:32am
There's a reason this clown won't show his welds.
scooter5002
1/2/2013 3:58am Edited Date/Time 1/2/2013 5:40am
As well as there's a reason he didn't drag his sorry ass in HERE, despite showing up in the Dumbgeon a few hours ago.
C'mon George, show us what your made of and feel free to post up some pics of that personal bike of yours as well. Be man enough to debate this and defend your product. Maybe a pic or two of that "aftermarket induction system" (lmfao) on your 48 h.p. earthmover. Vital awaits you.....................
Oh, btw, I forgot. Happy New Year. Evil
1/2/2013 5:27am
As well as there's a reason he didn't drag his sorry ass in HERE, despite showing up in the Dumbgeon a few hours ago. C'mon George...
As well as there's a reason he didn't drag his sorry ass in HERE, despite showing up in the Dumbgeon a few hours ago.
C'mon George, show us what your made of and feel free to post up some pics of that personal bike of yours as well. Be man enough to debate this and defend your product. Maybe a pic or two of that "aftermarket induction system" (lmfao) on your 48 h.p. earthmover. Vital awaits you.....................
Oh, btw, I forgot. Happy New Year. Evil
That bike has AIDs, man.
bll
1/2/2013 6:06am
delete this crap.

it is 3 years old.

the fella had the warning signs but still decided to do business.

the fella is posting pictures AFTER someone touched it, of course the fella is going to defend that point but he'd a allot cleaner if he was posting pictures of the original work.

the fella says the 500 sites know all about it, great, so the knowledge is readily available

both guys involved in this are schmucks is what i am taking from it.
CamP
1/2/2013 6:10am
TerryK wrote:
Lol, you make me sound like a know it all. While I admit to being a bit opinionated at times, I'll only pass on information I...

Wink
My shimmed forks still haven't slipped or broken off, lol.
yota
1/2/2013 6:14am Edited Date/Time 1/2/2013 6:16am
for comparison this is what it should look like (mine).

1/2/2013 6:17am
CamP wrote:
The ol' 46mm to 47mm beer can conversion is not TerryK approved?
CamP
1/2/2013 6:27am
CamP wrote:
125 wrote:
The ol' 46mm to 47mm beer can conversion is not TerryK approved?
Only if it's a Molson can. Wink
1/2/2013 6:33am
Molson, donchaknooow
scooter5002
1/2/2013 6:38am
yota: DING DING DING! Winner winner, repas de poulet. ( a little French for you there. Loses a bit, don't you think?)

bll, you are entitled to your opinion. As am I. The fact this is still here, speaks volumes. Allow me to ask you this. If a friend of yours bought a bike from MPS, and wound up in a wheelchair because it came apart in a hard landing, would you still have the same cavalier opinion? Get back to us on that, will you?

I've hidden nothing in my posts, nor do I need to. I've made it plain that this is the end result of Georges work. The guy who fixed this didn't make or weld one thing on that frame conversion, insofar as the motor mounts are concerned. He had to make that mess work, and he did. So what you are looking at is the frame AFTER it worked, not before. In April of 2010, when I picked this frame up, I never would have thought I'd be dealing with this. I was so disgusted with the job, it sat in my garage, unfinished, til last October. I honestly thought of just taking it and throwing the frame in the scrap heap, but I'm glad I didn't. That would mean it's not here now, letting the public know what to expect.

Perhaps mr klein, in his vehement defense of MPS, would like to post pics of his Yamaha frame. Just so we can see if things have gotten better. He did say he was happy with it, so there's really nothing to hide, is there? Doesn't even have to strip the bike either, just pull the pipe and show the welds at the "Y" and lower motor mounts. Maybe a shot of that obvious 4-stroke airboot he made work on a CR500 carb. Wonder how badly THAT chokes back the h.p. on his bike?
I notice MPS Daddy hasn't chimed in here either. Interesting.
1/2/2013 6:42am
If Klein is the guy with the YZ450 swap frame, I've seen at least he bottom motor mount welds, and they look like hammered dog shit like everything else.

I understand his defense though, he doesn''t want to feel like his 1300+ dollars to have George do 3-4 shit welds was wasted. I wouldn't either.
scooter5002
1/2/2013 6:45am
Lol. Exactly. Although I believe that was a complete job by George, as in bought the whole bike from him. I could be wrong.
rjklein4470
1/2/2013 6:54am
Scooter5002 is showing pictures of a bike that is over three years old.

Showing pictures after somebody else has worked on the bike.

George offered to replace the frame.

You have stated there are problems with George's work, but you also state you did not want him to fix his mistakes, and now three years later you continue to bash him.

To me that is just wrong.

Yes I have the YZ 500 AFC, and you can pick apart the welds, but they are strong.

Post a reply to: Since it needs no further introduction, I give you the MPS masterpiece:

The Latest