Since it needs no further introduction, I give you the MPS masterpiece:

Foghorn
2/10/2014 6:21am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2014 6:22am
You have got to be kidding us. After all that defending MPS, and all that horrible grammar, buddy comes on here to admit what scooter was...
You have got to be kidding us. After all that defending MPS, and all that horrible grammar, buddy comes on here to admit what scooter was saying all along!!??
This.
Thread.
Delivers.
Wow.
it's hard to break free from a dysfunctional relationship.
nytsmaC wrote:
George made you his bitch
I'd say he needs a re-sleeve. No "doubt".
rjklein4470
2/11/2014 10:35am
dought that
peelout wrote:
[img]http://www.quickmeme.com/img/2f/2f3640a3393b93b2fb5049e133de5addf3bef697aa7e96e11d866c2399f0b0e8.jpg[/img]
please tell me you see the irony

The Shop

peelout
2/11/2014 12:19pm
please tell me you see the irony
droped the knowledges on me bro
2/12/2014 8:01pm Edited Date/Time 4/2/2015 12:22pm
pecu_83 wrote:
Somebody posted a link to to thumpertalk? maybe about a nice RM125 build, at the end the guy had ordered a RM-Z 125AF from MPS. Would...
Somebody posted a link to to thumpertalk? maybe about a nice RM125 build, at the end the guy had ordered a RM-Z 125AF from MPS. Would like to hear what that guy thinks of his bike when he gets it. I think he was from Australia. Anybody have the link to the thread I´m talking about?
scooter5002
2/14/2014 10:50am
The comedy continues. Got a text from a friend of mine about a FB thread going on. Go to Honda CR500 riders on FB and look at the Decompressor Head thread by lee. Fanelli is in there spouting off. Again. Lol. He doesn't know when to shut it.

991 I hope the bike isn't too badly messed up, maybe that's an easier swap than a 500, so it won't be a total hatchetjob. Best of luck, man. I checked out your thread on TT. Nice work. Cool
slipdog
3/14/2014 2:33pm
Disclaimer: Vital allowing this thread should not be interpeted as a condemnation of MPS' work, or suggesting that you should not do business with MPS. The...
Disclaimer: Vital allowing this thread should not be interpeted as a condemnation of MPS' work, or suggesting that you should not do business with MPS. The opinion and truth expressed here is mine, and mine alone.
A brief synopsis of the events leading to this fiasco.
1. Found MPS on E-Bay and wrote down the phone number for future reference. His shop is only a 4 hour drive from my house, and I was through Toledo all the time. Talked about it with a friend of mine from Michigan later, and he mentioned he had a friend with a blown up RM 450, in really nice shape. We discussed doing a Mark Barnett Tribute 500 and how cool it would be, as well as unique. I pounced on the idea.
2. Called George and he was all over it. Claimed he'd done 2 or 3 already, and it would be no problem. Get it down to him, and it would happen. As luck would have it, getting down there during business hours took a couple of months, but I wasn't really in a hurry, it was still fall of 2009.
3. Finally got there in early 2010, I believe, because it was snowing like a bitch when I showed up. Walked in with the frame and George promptly started to backpeddle, didn't want to do the job, I might not like it, and his name would be on it when I tried to sell it. Great, now I've spent $1500 US on a bike I don't need, and needed to sink major coin in it to sell it. I went home with an entire bike stuffed into the cab and bunk of my rig. Awesome.
4. Despite serious misgivings, I took him my 04 CRF 450 frame and had him mod it instead. George was a couple weeks late on delivery, but I had gone to Jamaica for a week, and he was trying to get a couple bikes off to Australia, so I said it really didn't matter. Whenever he got it done was fine with me, and I think I picked it up in late April. Got it home and it sat on the shop floor for 3 weeks, I was so busy with work I couldn't even look at it.
5. Finally started to assemble the bike, or attempt to, on a Friday night. Frist off, the motor wouldn't fit down into the mounts. With the swingarm pivot in, it was out of square to the frame and the mounts. It would fit down between the lower mounts, but hit the upper fronts, if the swingarm pivot was left out on the left side. Out of square roughly half the thickness of the pivot bolt. Nice. I started attacking it with the hand grinder, and after a lot of cussing and swearing I gave up. It need to go to someone who had fab skills, because it was such a mess. I went home and called George on his cel, probably around 9pm on a Friday night. I ripped him a new one about his shit work, and of course the fact it didn't fit had nothing to do with HIM. First response was "Your motor's wrong". Right. Our chat wasn't long, nor did it end well. I won't repeat the language used here. You can guess.
5. Paid a friend to straighten the mess out as best he could, so at least the motor would fit, and had him finish all the fab work, which George was not supposed to do anyway. He was supposed to mod frame only, and provide a headstay and airboot adapter.
6. Called George to ask about rads, and see if he was smart enough to give me a break on price to compensate for the colossal mess on the frame job. He wasn't, and I never called back, since I never ordered them. The call was about price only.
I've taken photos of the hatchet job that is MPS workmanship. You be the judge.

Notice how much aluminum had to be ground away to make everything fit. Warpage from the heat on the rails is the main cause of this. George use engine cases as a jig, and has his welder tack the mounts in place. Then he takes out the cases and starts putting the filler rod and heat to it. On .125 wall aluminum tubing. According to his website though, all work is done to "above Honda and Kawasaki standards". I shit you not.

The subframe and airbox modded by me, thanks to the crew on bannedCR500.com. A great resource for builds.

The "Airbox adapter" George provided. Apparently, and I quote, "You just put the top pivot bolt in and roll the subframe down over top of this adapter with the stock 450 airboot to the 500 carb. It's all we've ever done." You truly have to actually try what he said to appreciate the sheer stupidity of that concept. Pictures don't do it justice.

Despite being provide with the pipe that I was using and an OEM rubber mount, this is how it turned out. Sweet.

More awesome engineering. Anyone ELSE see the folly in this trying to hold back 55 hp of 2-stroke power and keep it from breaking the frame rails? Some guy from Australia had exactly that happen to him. Ironically, I think it may have been one of the bikes shipped right before mine was done, based on the guys timeline of delivery and breakage. He barely rode the bike and it snapped. Gee, you think?

The spacer he built out of aluminum to fit between the motor and the swingarm. Put the proper torque on it, and I'm sure the OEM spacer would hammer that out pretty quickly. The Honda one costs $10.

So, now the evidence is clear as to why I'm pissed about the job. Flat out garbage. Can't quite figure out how some guys can be so happy with his work, either some jobs he's actually gotten right, or some just have lower standards than me. A LOT lower. As in through the floor and under the basement lower.

The defence now has the floor for rebuttal. If you HAVE one for that kind of work.
HOF mutha f**ker!!!

10/27/2014 10:03pm
Those dont even look like good welds and on top of that it didnt even fit. ReallyBlink
TerryK
10/30/2014 7:08pm
HoF

Can we please have a new section created for threads just like these? This was epic.
We have one, it's called the Hall Of Fame.
HS196
11/14/2014 5:30am
There is another epic battle going on fb with a hack job mps did... this time attorneys are getting involved with another one of his master pieces...
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1089th
11/16/2014 8:58am
Wow. That's horrific stuff. .......someone could get killed with welds like that.
JBernard_401
12/28/2014 11:40am

^^^ hahahaha.

the fact that people still nut ride and buy his bikes is astounding after seeing what a REAL fabricator can do with an AF conversion.
4/23/2015 6:05pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2015 6:06pm
125 wrote:
Here is the same bike, making a whopping 48hp on the dyno. turns out, they dont like radiator hose for an airboot..

48??? pretty sure my14 Husky tc250 makes over 50.. stock

yep.. from the Husky website:

The powerful and tractable 250cc 2-stroke engine of the TC 250 packs the most advanced technology available in Motocross. With well over 50 hp harnessed in an advanced chassis, the TC 250’s incredible power-to-weight ratio makes it easy to control the exhilarating power delivery of the strong 2-stroke engine.
CalRMX
8/12/2015 3:58pm
AlisoBob wrote:
This is how Service Honda used to do it, on a $ 10,000 bike. [img]http://i41.tinypic.com/33oip8p.jpg[/img] Just keep feeding wire into a big puddle of shit, and...
This is how Service Honda used to do it, on a $ 10,000 bike.

Just keep feeding wire into a big puddle of shit, and let it all just pool together..... and some people call this "Craftsmanship" or "Artwork".

How Paulie does it...

The welders at the last 2 places I worked would have been ashamed if they did a weld like you claim to be 'Paulie's'. It's obviously a sound weld, but there's welders out there you can make a sound weld look like a work of art, your friend not being one of them
JW381
3/3/2017 8:10pm
The new thread about MPS made me revisit this. I work in fabrication now, so I can truly appreciate how absolutely shitty that is. It looks like he has the most basic and rudimentary understanding of fab, and just said "fuck it, I'm going into business". Awesome.
roofmc79
3/4/2017 6:07am
JW381 wrote:
The new thread about MPS made me revisit this. I work in fabrication now, so I can truly appreciate how absolutely shitty that is. It looks...
The new thread about MPS made me revisit this. I work in fabrication now, so I can truly appreciate how absolutely shitty that is. It looks like he has the most basic and rudimentary understanding of fab, and just said "fuck it, I'm going into business". Awesome.
And it doesnt matter how many people he pisses off he will still pump out that GARBAGE. Hows does someone do shitty work over and over and think your gonna get a different result from a customer ?
4/1/2017 9:47pm
Who knows what will happen to Fanneli. When HS196 had his MPS masterpiece up, I seen a metric shit-ton of people sticking up for him and his garbage. But I have also seen over the past year or so, more and more people coming to know MPS as trash without being told. Just maybe he'll have to throw in the towel when no one goes to him anymore....
Liam
1/9/2018 4:43am
I paid him $1000 when I picked the frame up in April 10. I don't think he figures I owe him more money, but he certainly...
I paid him $1000 when I picked the frame up in April 10. I don't think he figures I owe him more money, but he certainly has an issue with being called out on his shit workmanship. Lol. He finally showed up here just a little while back and started his chest thumping. I've been trashing his work here for a couple years now, and when he saw it, he wents nuts. TerryK deleted some of his B.S. but if I gathered correctly reading between the lines he was threatening to sue Vital and me. For having the AUDACITY to post the TRUTH. I pretty much taunted him because I could, and have nothing to fear. The job results spoke for themselves, and libel and slander only occur when there are lies involved. You can read some of it here.

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Interesting-2-stroke-on-d…

Not sure where you at in Washington State, but the guy who runs TOES MX Park had an RM AF conversion done by him. I believe he's up in Royal City Wa, by Pasco, I believe. Maybe contact HIM and get his thoughts on Georges work. As I was bringing in my 04 CRF frame George was working on it. Said the guy gave him THREE GRAND pre-paid to do it. Told me if I had have give him that much I could have had mine done too, because it was a "pilot project". Huh. Yet he said he done 500 conversions before to RMs. Wouldn't you be PISSED if you paid 3G for what I got?! Lol
I lied. Just checked the website, up by Othello off I-90. I used to deliver there years ago, so my memory is rusty. Website hasn't been updated in a while, maybe that bike broke in half and bout killed the guy. God forbid.
So is this rape or robbery or just a bit of both ?
Zerofear66
7/25/2020 3:48pm
I haven't read, heard of one good thing regarding MPS.

Post a reply to: Since it needs no further introduction, I give you the MPS masterpiece:

The Latest