Since it needs no further introduction, I give you the MPS masterpiece:

GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
1/4/2013 2:00pm Edited Date/Time 1/4/2013 2:01pm
GrapeApe wrote:
Amazing that there are apparently 2 CR500 sites (really?) where this turd of a thread could be dropped, yet it's taking up room on the front...
Amazing that there are apparently 2 CR500 sites (really?) where this turd of a thread could be dropped, yet it's taking up room on the front page of a website dedicated to a sport that is having its "Daytona 500" this weekend.

Scooter, the saving the world rhetoric is nauseating you're just grinding an axe.
TerryK wrote:
The more people that chime in complaining about this thread the longer it stays on the front page. Seems that after 12 pages there's still quite...
The more people that chime in complaining about this thread the longer it stays on the front page. Seems that after 12 pages there's still quite a bit of interest in it.
There's no interest, it's just 3 or 4 guys passing the ball back and forth for 12 pages. I was going to chime in 2 days and 4 pages ago, but I thought surely this shit would end soon.

My dryer crapped out earlier this week and the first guy that came out to fix it screwed it up worse - new thread to follow.
jtomasik
1/4/2013 2:00pm
GrapeApe wrote:
Amazing that there are apparently 2 CR500 sites (really?) where this turd of a thread could be dropped, yet it's taking up room on the front...
Amazing that there are apparently 2 CR500 sites (really?) where this turd of a thread could be dropped, yet it's taking up room on the front page of a website dedicated to a sport that is having its "Daytona 500" this weekend.

Scooter, the saving the world rhetoric is nauseating you're just grinding an axe.
TerryK wrote:
The more people that chime in complaining about this thread the longer it stays on the front page. Seems that after 12 pages there's still quite...
The more people that chime in complaining about this thread the longer it stays on the front page. Seems that after 12 pages there's still quite a bit of interest in it.
And with two threads on the front page claiming unbeatable racing speed of certain riders based upon some hype video those riders were in, you'd think they would be the target and not a thread about the quality of dirt bike workmanship being sold to the riding public.
scooter5002
1/4/2013 2:01pm
jtomasik wrote:
Them not looking at it tells me little. Hell, probably over 75% of the people I come across at the track have zero clue what my...
Them not looking at it tells me little. Hell, probably over 75% of the people I come across at the track have zero clue what my bike is. I'd bet most think it's some old guy's antiquated 250 smoker. The decals are worn off in the area where it said '500', so I'm pretty sure most are clueless and wouldn't know a 500 engine to save their life.

But you riding it tells me you're nuts. After grinding away over half of the welds on some of those mounts, I'd keep a damn close eye on it. A bike coming apart on you on the track probably isn't the best experience.
Oh, it gets looked at constantly, but with the hours on it, maybe the problems haven't arisen yet. Spent my money too, want something out of it. I have shims in the mounts as well, so there's ZERO load in the rails. Doesn't vibrate at all. I think that'll contribute to longer frame life as well.
My 02 CR250 was nasty. 20 minutes and my hands were numb. Offed it for that reason.
TerryK
1/4/2013 2:02pm
GrapeApe wrote:

TerryK wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
There's no interest, it's just 3 or 4 guys passing the ball back and forth for 12 pages. I was going to chime in 2 days...
There's no interest, it's just 3 or 4 guys passing the ball back and forth for 12 pages. I was going to chime in 2 days and 4 pages ago, but I thought surely this shit would end soon.

My dryer crapped out earlier this week and the first guy that came out to fix it screwed it up worse - new thread to follow.
3 or four guys huh?

Count the number of participants in the thread. I counted 50, how many do you get??

The Shop

fencepost
1/4/2013 2:03pm
GrapeApe wrote:
There's no interest, it's just 3 or 4 guys passing the ball back and forth for 12 pages. I was going to chime in 2 days...

I had that problem with my dryer as well, three years ago. Lets chit chat forever about it. Ill make sure i have at least five posts per page to keep it alive. Oh the fun we will have.
jtomasik
1/4/2013 2:04pm
Oh, it gets looked at constantly, but with the hours on it, maybe the problems haven't arisen yet. Spent my money too, want something out of...
Oh, it gets looked at constantly, but with the hours on it, maybe the problems haven't arisen yet. Spent my money too, want something out of it. I have shims in the mounts as well, so there's ZERO load in the rails. Doesn't vibrate at all. I think that'll contribute to longer frame life as well.
My 02 CR250 was nasty. 20 minutes and my hands were numb. Offed it for that reason.

If you ever run across another bike that vibrates a lot....these bars work wonders for us old guys.
jtomasik
1/4/2013 2:05pm
TerryK wrote:
3 or four guys huh?

Count the number of participants in the thread. I counted 50, how many do you get??
That's nasty of you to publicly point out simple math limitations of our posters....
fencepost
1/4/2013 2:06pm
Scooter502 has at least 32% of posts in this thread. He must be so proud.
scooter5002
1/4/2013 2:07pm
GrapeApe wrote:

Maybe go www.myMaytagrepairmansucks.com. Perhaps your bitching would be relevant there. This is a Moto Forum. Ever ride a Maytag frontloader and case a double, with an ensuing horrendous crash? Let me know on that.
TerryK
1/4/2013 2:12pm
jtomasik wrote:
That's nasty of you to publicly point out simple math limitations of our posters....
Sorry boss! Tongue
fencepost
1/4/2013 2:13pm
Post the same thing again, your count per page is dropping. Its a bird, its a plane it's Scooter5002 to save us all from the dreaded ugly weld job.
TerryK
1/4/2013 2:15pm
fencepost wrote:
Your post count in here is going up fast, but every one is off topic. At least most others are staying on topic. Try to participate, or if not find a thread that more suits your style and mood. Thanks for coming out.
scooter5002
1/4/2013 2:16pm
fencepost wrote:
Well, I started the thread about this frame coversion, I should be responding to it. Or are you just too fuckin' stupid to figure that out? Don't bother, I know the answer. Don't MAKE me go all Tony Soprano on your ass. Maybe read some of my works before you engage any further. Wink
jtomasik
1/4/2013 2:17pm Edited Date/Time 1/4/2013 2:18pm
fencepost wrote:
Post the same thing again, your count per page is dropping. Its a bird, its a plane it's Scooter5002 to save us all from the dreaded...
Post the same thing again, your count per page is dropping. Its a bird, its a plane it's Scooter5002 to save us all from the dreaded ugly weld job.

It's moto-related, slick. Well, it was, until you got here.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
1/4/2013 2:31pm
TerryK wrote:
3 or four guys huh?

jtomasik wrote:
A four page thread can have 50 posters, the other eight pages of shit are 3-4 posters.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
1/4/2013 2:33pm
Maybe go www.myMaytagrepairmansucks.com. Perhaps your bitching would be relevant there. This is a Moto Forum. Ever ride a Maytag frontloader and case a double, with an...
Maybe go www.myMaytagrepairmansucks.com. Perhaps your bitching would be relevant there. This is a Moto Forum. Ever ride a Maytag frontloader and case a double, with an ensuing horrendous crash? Let me know on that.
Hey, tell me that story again about how you tried to build a frankenbike and the lowball bid you accepted did a shitty job welding the frame. Great story, I want to hear it again!

You didn't case shit, and you didn't have a horrendous crash. This is just drama, and you are the queen.
scooter5002
1/4/2013 2:33pm
fencepost wrote:
Redundant content there scooter.
So why do you call yourself fencepost, is it because your friends realised that's how smart you are, and gave you that nickname? Or do you continally keep riding INTO one while doing laps in mommys backyard doing laps on your PW 50? The later makes more sense. Your style suggests severe head trauma. NOBODY can be as fuckin stupid as you, naturally.
TerryK
1/4/2013 2:34pm
TerryK wrote:
3 or four guys huh?

jtomasik wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
A four page thread can have 50 posters, the other eight pages of shit are 3-4 posters.
Why don't you and fencepost start your own threads and stay out of this one if it bothers you that much? Jesus.
scooter5002
1/4/2013 2:36pm
GrapeApe wrote:
Hey, tell me that story again about how you tried to build a frankenbike and the lowball bid you accepted did a shitty job welding the...
Hey, tell me that story again about how you tried to build a frankenbike and the lowball bid you accepted did a shitty job welding the frame. Great story, I want to hear it again!

You didn't case shit, and you didn't have a horrendous crash. This is just drama, and you are the queen.
Clueless. Just clueless. Find a dictionary, and look up metaphor. Again, let me know.
jtomasik
1/4/2013 2:36pm Edited Date/Time 1/4/2013 2:42pm
GrapeApe wrote:
Shit? Are you telling me that discussing custom dirt bikes and their fabrication/quality isn't moto related and shit? And who the fuck cares if it's 3 or 4 guys...maybe they're the ones closest to the info. We have one guy who owns one of the biggest companies in the US chiming in here, too. I guess I fail to see the worthlessness of this thread (until people start showing up to bitch about it and nothing more). There's a thread on this front page that's discussing the similarity between what one rider wore and what one rider's new company produces. Yeah, the color of the gear I wear has a lot more to do than the structural integrity of bikes that we ride and cost around $10K.

Sheesh. Internet police. You wanna save the internet, go hammer on the clown who's trying to sell illegal live feeds from the races and is posting here. That guy's stealing directly from our sport.
fencepost
1/4/2013 2:41pm
So why do you call yourself fencepost, is it because your friends realised that's how smart you are, and gave you that nickname? Or do you...
So why do you call yourself fencepost, is it because your friends realised that's how smart you are, and gave you that nickname? Or do you continally keep riding INTO one while doing laps in mommys backyard doing laps on your PW 50? The later makes more sense. Your style suggests severe head trauma. NOBODY can be as fuckin stupid as you, naturally.
"latter" not later. That hurt my feelings scooter, was that your "Tony Soprano" you spoke about earlier?
scooter5002
1/4/2013 2:43pm
Right up until the 2 clueless fucks known as StupidApe and DumbasaFencePost showed up, I thought this was a rational discussion between moto guys. Huh. "click" Attention Vital Shoppers, can I get cleanup on row Asshole? I repeat, cleanup on row Asshole? "click"
jtomasik
1/4/2013 2:44pm
So much for this thread. Thanks, Vitards.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
1/4/2013 2:44pm
My feelings are now hurt. I just wanted to hear the story again . . .
1/4/2013 2:51pm
Oh, it gets looked at constantly, but with the hours on it, maybe the problems haven't arisen yet. Spent my money too, want something out of...
jtomasik wrote:
[img]http://www.kbmotorsportsonline.com/images/detailed/0/product_detailed_image_70_145.jpg[/img] If you ever run across another bike that vibrates a lot....these bars work wonders for us old guys.

If you ever run across another bike that vibrates a lot....these bars work wonders for us old guys.
These bars do, in fact, make you second guess if the bike is even running (if you couldnt hear it) they take some much vibration out.

However, I heard filling the twin spars on the 02-07 CRs with structural foam also does this. I am going to read into it a little more, and consider trying that.

I have triple pinch bolt triple clamps too, so it only exxagerates the issue.
mx317
1/4/2013 2:53pm
This belongs in the dumbeon
jtomasik
1/4/2013 2:57pm Edited Date/Time 1/4/2013 3:00pm
Forgot to ask you....how much coin have you sunk in that thing? Oh, and can you post a pic of it now?
slipdog
1/4/2013 2:59pm
mx317 wrote:
This belongs in the dumbeon
If by Dumbgeon you mean Hall of Fame, I'm with you on that!

Post a reply to: Since it needs no further introduction, I give you the MPS masterpiece:

The Latest