Since REED doesn't READ Vital...

JK105
Let's take a trip down ol' memory lane and list the times he has either "trolled" the MX community or been a total drama queen. I'll start! The recent BS last weekend and now his interview. I guess if you can't stay relevant with your riding / results you look else where for the spotlight ?
|
dirtnapper
4/9/2017 6:06pm
I'd like to participate cause Reed has REALLY made me re-think lately why I am a fan of his but........ This thread probably won't end well, and I should just reserve my thoughts.....Silly

The Shop

JK105
4/9/2017 6:09pm
So are you trying to stay relevant with stupid threads?
I don't post much so I would say no.
PTshox
4/9/2017 6:24pm
I like the Chad. He's in it to fight. He is a racer! Frankly, he’s more real and puts more effort into it then the others (note: Ken R does a good job in this area too). He's gets really close too..... Just doesn't get 100% of the way there. Not sure he can either. Ego is a big deal/part of being a racer. And don’t forget the media coaching they now get (shh.. don't talk about that!). The problem is he can't admit wrong doing all the time. If you listen to the interview just now he states "Ryan apologized” to me… Well, jeez bud, don’t you think you should have apologized to him for screwing up his run at Eli? All he had to say is “I’m not perfect and Ryan isn’t perfect. We’re both racing to beat each other. It's emotional and we get caught up in the heat of the battle. Shit happens". Fans would have loved that.

NOTE: AGAIN NOTE; Dungy was photographed going to Chad’s pit. Chad didn’t walk over to Dung’s pit. Hmm.... I think Dungy was the bigger man. Now he just has to grow a set of balls and be more forthright with the media.

BTW: Hats off to Eli! My god him and his dad have done a wonderful job! His did has been masterful at managing his career. I had one of his dads Rock Shock Mechanic's over at my house helping me with a project a few months ago and he talked about Eli being on a stridder as a 2-3 year old pup at Mamoth Mtn races. John has done a masterful job working with his son! We should all have such a father. Very cool... and no accident.
gerg
4/9/2017 6:42pm
I really dont understand the level of outrage from some people, it's fun to read though.

He gave an explanation that was plausible but of course there's no satisfying some peoples need to hate and thats fine.

I'm still a massive fan of Chad Reed but he is a fair bit of a cunt though no doubt about it but I think that's what draws some of his fans in...he is so bloody intense and passionate, but yeah time to time he does some pretty obnoxious shit.

I give zero fucks about what happened last weekend, to me the move on Canard was far more retarded and deserving of a penalty. But anyway some people need to move on.

JK105
4/9/2017 6:43pm Edited Date/Time 4/9/2017 6:44pm
Yea I agree the horse is dead on the whole lapper thing but what are all the other ones he famous for.... something about a table cloth?
jeffro503
4/9/2017 7:08pm
It's the " In " thing to say " you don't read vital " .
4/9/2017 8:00pm
JK105 wrote:
Yea I agree the horse is dead on the whole lapper thing but what are all the other ones he famous for.... something about a table...
Yea I agree the horse is dead on the whole lapper thing but what are all the other ones he famous for.... something about a table cloth?
Leave the god damned tablecloths out of it!
Hut
4/9/2017 8:02pm
jeffro503 wrote:
They may deny it but everyone knows better. Remember seeing on the great TV show "Inside the Outdoors" Vital was open on more than one browser in the motorhomes. Cool
Excaliburbmx
4/9/2017 9:59pm
Top ten in points I would say he is relevant. Hell JS7 isn't racing or even known to be riding and he is still relevant.
BobbyM
4/9/2017 10:16pm
So are you trying to stay relevant with stupid threads?
"trying" is key here...
Big Ragu
4/10/2017 3:16am
JK105 wrote:
Let's take a trip down ol' memory lane and list the times he has either "trolled" the MX community or been a total drama queen. I'll...
Let's take a trip down ol' memory lane and list the times he has either "trolled" the MX community or been a total drama queen. I'll start! The recent BS last weekend and now his interview. I guess if you can't stay relevant with your riding / results you look else where for the spotlight ?
^^ Nailed it!
At this stage in his career any press is good press.
JK105
4/10/2017 4:47am Edited Date/Time 4/10/2017 4:47am
Damn almost forgot about the Canard debacle. The list goes on.
Mini Elsinore
4/10/2017 5:25am
jeffro503 wrote:
You nailed it, Jeffro. I was talking with a factory mechanic while sitting in an airport. I mentioned Vital and he immediately said, "I don't go on that site---too many kooks." He then, over the next hour, bashed specific posters---by their screen names. Laughing
Bramlett321
4/10/2017 6:20am
gerg wrote:
I really dont understand the level of outrage from some people, it's fun to read though. He gave an explanation that was plausible but of course...
I really dont understand the level of outrage from some people, it's fun to read though.

He gave an explanation that was plausible but of course there's no satisfying some peoples need to hate and thats fine.

I'm still a massive fan of Chad Reed but he is a fair bit of a cunt though no doubt about it but I think that's what draws some of his fans in...he is so bloody intense and passionate, but yeah time to time he does some pretty obnoxious shit.

I give zero fucks about what happened last weekend, to me the move on Canard was far more retarded and deserving of a penalty. But anyway some people need to move on.

I agree with you on this point but it almost seems like Reed was set to prove a point by not moving. What I mean is that he's pretty disgusted with the lack of consistency when it comes to penalties, and especially penalties where he's involved. I'd like to see him see this through with how he was fined vs others were and force the powers that be to enforce set penalties each time they occur to whomever the offender may be. At no time should one person have the power to say, you're a dick so you get this penalty, you're cool so I'll be easy on you. That's happening and right or wrong love Chad or hate him he is right in pursuing injustice when it comes to handing out the hand slaps. Just like JT$ said on one of Matthes' shows Reed is one of the top 5 most stubborn people on this planet, and by George he's not apologizing for a damn thing.
kkawboy14
4/10/2017 6:26am Edited Date/Time 4/10/2017 6:27am
I would have liked him more than I do now if he would have just owned it!

"Yeah I knew he was there, you talk junk and make up stuff about me, you lose!"
APLMAN99
4/10/2017 6:42am
gerg wrote:
I really dont understand the level of outrage from some people, it's fun to read though. He gave an explanation that was plausible but of course...

When reading this forum on my phone I usually read the comments and can't see the name of the poster at the same time because I have to zoom the page (old age vision)

When I got to the point where you described his explanation as plausible I bet myself $10M that the poster was from Australia. Now I'm rich!
FARANG
4/10/2017 6:47am
An Aussie mate told me once "never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn (story)". I work with a few Aussies now and most of them are funny, affable blokes and great fun for a few beers after work, but mostly full of shit especially when talking about how awesome they are/were.

Reed is also full of shit. But he lacks the charm and humor of my Aussie colleagues. I don't believe a word he says, and his ego is out of control. This interview is at least 80% bullshit, I guarantee it.
mx_563
4/10/2017 7:38am
I think mental strength comes from the ability to be mildly delusional in so far as being able to tell yourself that you are still a bad ass and your shit don't stink when all the evidence suggests otherwise.

In my opinion Chad is either more delusional than his racing colleagues or simply dishonest. I don’t believe for a minute that he wasn’t trying to jack with Dunge. His denial of this made me cringe. The laptime argument is pathetic too.
ACBraap
Fantasy
505th
4/10/2017 9:48am
When someone prefaces everything they say with 'honestly' they usually aren't.
Radical
Fantasy
2360th
4/10/2017 11:39am
gerg wrote:

I'm a Canard fan, but Canard deserved the "love tap" Reed put on him after Canard landed on him. Canard did not have an opening, but he jumped anyway.
Fourth_Floor
4/10/2017 11:49am
FARANG wrote:
An Aussie mate told me once "never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn (story)". I work with a few Aussies now...
An Aussie mate told me once "never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn (story)". I work with a few Aussies now and most of them are funny, affable blokes and great fun for a few beers after work, but mostly full of shit especially when talking about how awesome they are/were.

Reed is also full of shit. But he lacks the charm and humor of my Aussie colleagues. I don't believe a word he says, and his ego is out of control. This interview is at least 80% bullshit, I guarantee it.
I don't know why but this has me laughing my ass off hahahaha

Post a reply to: Since REED doesn't READ Vital...

The Latest