Simple question (hopefully)

jeffro503
10/2/2018 11:19am
Do you have a home computer at all? In the office or just one to mess around with? You can just bring it out and plug it right into your tv with an HDMI cable. Once you do that , you just go to MXGP.com , type in your password and there you go....can watch it on your tv.

Also , like mentioned before....if any of your buddies have a laptop...exact same thing. Plug it in and you're set to go.
10/2/2018 11:29am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2018 11:30am
agn5009 wrote:
Yeah, I don't have an iPhone or Apple TV. I have a Samsung Galaxy and LG TV.
Just to be clear, an Apple TV isn't a television. It's a streaming interface, like a Roku. (My TV is a Sony.) And an Apple TV...
Just to be clear, an Apple TV isn't a television. It's a streaming interface, like a Roku. (My TV is a Sony.) And an Apple TV is not expensive.

An Apple TV is a handy-dandy device for all sortsa subscription content, like Netflix, Hulu, ESPN, HBO Go or whatever. (You're probably already subscribed to some of this stuff.) And there's free content, such as YouTube. If there's not an app to stream what you want, you can stream content to it wirelessly from a laptop or phone.

Youthstream has been pretty aggressive with its MXGP-TV package. Why they don't develop an MXGP app for phones, Apple TV and Roku beats the hell out of me. That would be really convenient.

agn5009 wrote:
Oh. So the Apple TV is similar to a Roku or Amazon prime box then? I have the prime box and prime stick. I do have...
Oh. So the Apple TV is similar to a Roku or Amazon prime box then? I have the prime box and prime stick. I do have some of those streaming services as well.
I think the Amazon device is called "Fire." And Google's is called Chromecast. I think they're all basically the same thing.

The only thing I'd have to bone up on would be the wireless protocols. Apple uses "AirPlay," which is supported by Apple TV, Macs and iPhones. But I'm sure every device has a way.

The best/simplest advice is one post above. Just connect a laptop to your TV with an HDMI cable, go to MXGP-TV.com, and you're all set.

But I STILL want an MXGP app for iOS/Apple TV!

10/2/2018 11:38am
agn5009 wrote:
Yeah, I don't have an iPhone or Apple TV. I have a Samsung Galaxy and LG TV.
Just to be clear, an Apple TV isn't a television. It's a streaming interface, like a Roku. (My TV is a Sony.) And an Apple TV...
Just to be clear, an Apple TV isn't a television. It's a streaming interface, like a Roku. (My TV is a Sony.) And an Apple TV is not expensive.

An Apple TV is a handy-dandy device for all sortsa subscription content, like Netflix, Hulu, ESPN, HBO Go or whatever. (You're probably already subscribed to some of this stuff.) And there's free content, such as YouTube. If there's not an app to stream what you want, you can stream content to it wirelessly from a laptop or phone.

Youthstream has been pretty aggressive with its MXGP-TV package. Why they don't develop an MXGP app for phones, Apple TV and Roku beats the hell out of me. That would be really convenient.

I agree, MXGP-TV does need an app then the package would be 100% perfect.
early
Fantasy
2212th
10/2/2018 11:58am
agn5009 wrote:
Oh. So the Apple TV is similar to a Roku or Amazon prime box then? I have the prime box and prime stick. I do have...
Oh. So the Apple TV is similar to a Roku or Amazon prime box then? I have the prime box and prime stick. I do have some of those streaming services as well.
Like most Apple products, the Apple TV is similar to other boxes that plug into the HDMI of your tv and provide internet/app capability. The difference is that the apple tv is more expensive and does some things better and some things worse, it's also heavily integrated into the apple structure so when you try to use a non-apple product with it you will want to smash it.

Your firetv box is fine for what you need since MXGP doesn't have a TV app for any platform.

The Shop

agn5009
10/2/2018 12:06pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Do you have a home computer at all? In the office or just one to mess around with? You can just bring it out and plug...
Do you have a home computer at all? In the office or just one to mess around with? You can just bring it out and plug it right into your tv with an HDMI cable. Once you do that , you just go to MXGP.com , type in your password and there you go....can watch it on your tv.

Also , like mentioned before....if any of your buddies have a laptop...exact same thing. Plug it in and you're set to go.
I don't have a computer at home. Just my work desktop and laptop. I don't use them for anything but work purposes. One of my buddies has a lap top. I'm not sure how good it is, so hopefully it works fine. We're going to try it out this week before the races. He said he can also mirror, whatever that means ha.

Post a reply to: Simple question (hopefully)

The Latest