Simple question (hopefully)

Related:
Create New Tag

10/2/2018 8:40 AM

I plan on purchasing the MXdN through MXGPTV.COM. But I can't find anywhere how I can stream it? Me and a group of buddies are watching it so I'm not going to sit there and watch it on a computer or tablet. I have a Amazon Prime box and a Roku. Is there any way to stream it through one of those devices?

This seems awfully confusing just to watch the race. It would be awesome if there was an MXGP TV app but that doesn't appear to be the case.

|

10/2/2018 8:46 AM

I bought the Pakage last year and had no problem streaming through my computer.

|

10/2/2018 8:47 AM

OP, do you have a tablet and a tv with an HDMI plug?

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/2/2018 8:48 AM

I stream from my iPhone & mirror it through Apple TV. Flawless no lag, excellent quality.

|

10/2/2018 8:49 AM

If you have a smart TV you should be able to use the internet browser, login your mxgp-tv.com account and watch it from there.

If not you could always hook your laptop to your TV.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/2/2018 8:53 AM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

I have a TV with an HD plug but no lap top. I pretty much have my smart phone and that's all.

|

10/2/2018 8:55 AM

You can use the Firefox or silk internet browser app on the firetv device (don't know about Roku) to go to the website and login to watch it. Try it with the free videos to get it dialed before race day

|

10/2/2018 8:55 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

If you have a smart TV you should be able to use the internet browser, login your mxgp-tv.com account and watch it from there.

If not you could always hook your laptop to your TV.

No smart TV and no lap top. I basically have a smart phone and streaming device. That's all.

|

10/2/2018 8:59 AM

Go buy chromecast and plug in to HDMI plug and your golden. You can stream from phone or computer.

|

10/2/2018 9:01 AM

If you're watching it with some buddies hasn't one of them got a lap top you can use? Shame not to watch it on a TV.

|

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

10/2/2018 9:08 AM

Edge-Of-Adhesion wrote:

If you're watching it with some buddies hasn't one of them got a lap top you can use? Shame not to watch it on a TV.

I won't not watch it on a TV. I'll watch it on CBS sports Sunday if I have to. I'm sure one of my buddies has a lap top. I was just hoping it wouldn't be this difficult.

|

10/2/2018 9:11 AM

jgmxdad251 wrote:

Go buy chromecast and plug in to HDMI plug and your golden. You can stream from phone or computer.

I just looked up what a Chromecast is. Another $35 on top of the $30 fee to watch the race? No thanks. I guess it wouldn't be bad if I would actually use the Chromecast for other things but I won't.

|

10/2/2018 9:12 AM

Edge-Of-Adhesion wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

I won't not watch it on a TV. I'll watch it on CBS sports Sunday if I have to. I'm sure one of my buddies has a lap top. I was just hoping it wouldn't be this difficult.

It'll be worth it. Hope you get it sorted man.

|

10/2/2018 9:15 AM

Can't you watch it at one of your buddies place? Ask if one of them has a smart TV. If not plug one of their laptops in your TV and you'll be good to go.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/2/2018 9:16 AM

early wrote:

You can use the Firefox or silk internet browser app on the firetv device (don't know about Roku) to go to the website and login to watch it. Try it with the free videos to get it dialed before race day

I hadn't thought of this. I have Firefox on my prime box so we can watch YouTube off of there. I'm gonna have to check into this and see if it works. Thanks!

|

10/2/2018 9:16 AM

Edge-Of-Adhesion wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

Edge-Of-Adhesion wrote:

It'll be worth it. Hope you get it sorted man.

Thanks man. I'm sure we will get it sorted out.

|

10/2/2018 9:19 AM

I would just see if your buddy has a laptop and plug it straight into your tv via HDMI cable. Super simple, I watched the mx series through NBC SportsGold that way.

I have a Chromecast but I wouldn’t buy one and go through the setup process just to watch one race when you can just buy a cheap HDMI cable

|

10/2/2018 9:19 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Can't you watch it at one of your buddies place? Ask if one of them has a smart TV. If not plug one of their laptops in your TV and you'll be good to go.

Nope. Me and my couple buddies watching it aren't tech people at all. I have no use for a computer other than the one I have at work. Vital is my only form if social media ha

|

10/2/2018 9:21 AM

Kelz87 wrote:

I would just see if your buddy has a laptop and plug it straight into your tv via HDMI cable. Super simple, I watched the mx series through NBC SportsGold that way.

I have a Chromecast but I wouldn’t buy one and go through the setup process just to watch one race when you can just buy a cheap HDMI cable

I had the NBC sports app through Amazon prime box. It was awesome and super easy. I hope MXGP TV does something similar in the future.

|

10/2/2018 9:22 AM

jgmxdad251 wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

I just looked up what a Chromecast is. Another $35 on top of the $30 fee to watch the race? No thanks. I guess it wouldn't be bad if I would actually use the Chromecast for other things but I won't.

The chromecast is also how I listen to music. I have sound bar with a bass speaker. I am currently watching past years MXDN. To much time on my hands since I’m injured.

|

10/2/2018 9:23 AM

Just one thing. Buy it now, don't wait till the last minute. When they're busy it can take several days for your subscription to activate. One time I and a whole bunch of people missed the first GP of the season when we bought it the day before. Also you may have to log out and log in again for your subscription to appear.

|

10/2/2018 9:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/2/2018 9:30 AM

early wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

I hadn't thought of this. I have Firefox on my prime box so we can watch YouTube off of there. I'm gonna have to check into this and see if it works. Thanks!

I watch MotoGP this way and watched the Minnesota mile flat track race on fanschoicetv last Saturday on the Silk browser, haven't tried the MXGP site yet, but I will soon for the race this weekend.

Also, using the cursor is a little clunky but if you have the firetv remote app on your phone you can use the keyboard on your phone to type in website, username and password which is way easier than one letter at a time.

|

10/2/2018 9:35 AM

Edge-Of-Adhesion wrote:

Just one thing. Buy it now, don't wait till the last minute. When they're busy it can take several days for your subscription to activate. One time I and a whole bunch of people missed the first GP of the season when we bought it the day before. Also you may have to log out and log in again for your subscription to appear.

Great advice. I just ordered it now.

|

10/2/2018 9:57 AM

I use an iPad and airplay it to my Apple TV. You can also do it from your phone to Apple TV if you don't have an iPad.

Works pretty well, I do the same with the NBC sports app.

|

10/2/2018 10:00 AM

I use a MacBook Pro and have two options:

1. Stream it wirelessly to an AppleTV device, which is connected to my TV.

2. Simply connect to the TV using an HDMI cable.

I recommend Option 2. It's straightforward.

|

10/2/2018 10:00 AM

Supermega1 wrote:

I use an iPad and airplay it to my Apple TV. You can also do it from your phone to Apple TV if you don't have an iPad.

Works pretty well, I do the same with the NBC sports app.

Yeah, I don't have an iPhone or Apple TV. I have a Samsung Galaxy and LG TV.

|

10/2/2018 10:05 AM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

I have a TV with an HD plug but no lap top. I pretty much have my smart phone and that's all.

What kind of smart phone?

We bought a conversion plug from HDMI to my iPhone/iPad so we can watch it on the tv still, just through the phone. It works awesome.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/2/2018 10:12 AM

jgmxdad251 wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

You might find the chromecast worth it to stream other internet only content such as the practice sessions for SX and if you buy the nationals package on NBC Sports Gold. I stream both through the Apple TV to the television. Basically the same idea.

|

I'm goin' off the rails on a crazy train

10/2/2018 11:08 AM

jgmxdad251 wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

dkg wrote:

You might find the chromecast worth it to stream other internet only content such as the practice sessions for SX and if you buy the nationals package on NBC Sports Gold. I stream both through the Apple TV to the television. Basically the same idea.

I don't ever recall ever needing it before. I don't typically watch SX practice. And I have the NBC Gold package app on my fire box so I stream the nationals through that

|

10/2/2018 11:08 AM

agn5009 wrote:

Yeah, I don't have an iPhone or Apple TV. I have a Samsung Galaxy and LG TV.

Just to be clear, an Apple TV isn't a television. It's a streaming interface, like a Roku. (My TV is a Sony.) And an Apple TV is not expensive.

An Apple TV is a handy-dandy device for all sortsa subscription content, like Netflix, Hulu, ESPN, HBO Go or whatever. (You're probably already subscribed to some of this stuff.) And there's free content, such as YouTube. If there's not an app to stream what you want, you can stream content to it wirelessly from a laptop or phone.

Youthstream has been pretty aggressive with its MXGP-TV package. Why they don't develop an MXGP app for phones, Apple TV and Roku beats the hell out of me. That would be really convenient.

|