Silver wheels - Unpopular opinion

Related:
Create New Tag

10/1/2020 4:46 PM

With Gas Gas running silver wheels is a silver wheel comeback on the horizon??
Personally I'm over black wheels, 50+ hours and half a dozen tyre changes and they dont look as near as nice as a clean, polished set of silver wheels..

|

10/1/2020 5:03 PM

Black rims definitely don’t age nearly as well as silver but I still prefer them on some bikes. I think the silver looks fine on Gas Gas though.

|

10/1/2020 5:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2020 5:05 PM

Anything but black.

And silver is the definitely the best from an ease-of-ownership standpoint.

|

10/1/2020 5:06 PM

Growing up I always wanted black wheels, at the time all bikes came stock with silver. Now I find my OCD self putting extra strong sharpie cover ups on my black wheels. Although my KTM wheels with the matte finish have held up well. I dig the silver wheels on the Gas Gas. I still think a Suk with gold wheels is still the best looking set up.

|

10/1/2020 5:10 PM

skeef wrote:

Growing up I always wanted black wheels, at the time all bikes came stock with silver. Now I find my OCD self putting extra strong sharpie cover ups on my black wheels. Although my KTM wheels with the matte finish have held up well. I dig the silver wheels on the Gas Gas. I still think a Suk with gold wheels is still the best looking set up.

* Yellow rims
(Gold on 80’s Honda’s)

|

10/1/2020 5:16 PM

skeef wrote:

langhammx wrote:

* Yellow rims
(Gold on 80’s Honda’s)

Silver wheels with a colour matched hub (blue for yamaha, red for honda etc.) Is the look factories need to go for

|

10/1/2020 6:17 PM

Shezzy557 wrote:

Silver wheels with a colour matched hub (blue for yamaha, red for honda etc.) Is the look factories need to go for

I like that idea, but Suzuki’s need the YELLOW rims.

|

10/1/2020 6:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2020 6:21 PM

I remember when I saved all my grass cutting money to get a set of black BBR wheels for my TTR125. Everytime I changed tires a lost a few tears over the marks. I tried rim savers, cut up milk jugs, even pieces of rubber, still got marked up. One thing is for sure though, she was the baddest looking TTR at Currituck MX.

Of course it was the only TTR there...but anyway.

Black FTW!!!

|

10/1/2020 6:24 PM

I guess I am too old school. Silver rims only for me. I had an "83 Maico Sand Spider with gold rims once. They were just OK...... but loved the power of that thing.

|

10/1/2020 7:19 PM

langhammx wrote:

* Yellow rims
(Gold on 80’s Honda’s)

Shezzy557 wrote:

langhammx wrote:

I like that idea, but Suzuki’s need the YELLOW rims.

i've got a rmz that i want to keep purely because it has yellow rims

|

10/1/2020 7:29 PM

#SilverWheelsMatter smile Photo

|

Don't ever let facts get in the way of a great story

10/1/2020 7:42 PM

Bring em' back!

|

10/1/2020 8:37 PM

Dubya USA would love it if silver rims came back. They would make a ton of money selling black rims to the new bike buyers

|

10/1/2020 8:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2020 8:49 PM

yassss

Photo

Photo

|

10/1/2020 9:08 PM

Photo
|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

10/1/2020 9:58 PM

Chasing a gold 1.60 x 12 28 spoke and 1.40 x 14 32 spoke rims ATM for a decent price if anyone knows

|

10/2/2020 7:36 AM

Okay, Here's my theory:

A bike comes with chrome rims from factory looks okay but as it ages starts looking goonish and stock. That Same bike, you add black aftermarket wheels to and it looks beautiful. Same goes for the opposite situation. Bike comes stock with black rims and as it ages starts looking goonish. Add aftermarket silver wheels and now it looks beautiful.

Another point. I have a '19 crf with the stock black rims. I like the look of silver wheels on this bike but I would never get them because I feel it makes my bike look like a too '17ish.

|

10/2/2020 8:41 AM

Personally, I am way over any color-anodized aluminum bits. Look cool when new, but
fade and get knicked and then look like shit. Ain't got the time or $$$ for that.
I'd rather buy fresh tires and fluids.

|

10/2/2020 8:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/2/2020 8:45 AM

I'm with you, FWYT. There are a lot better things I can waste my money on than different-colored hoops.

(Now, if I needed to replace a wheel set, I'd consider changing colors. I like the blue wheels on the factory Yamahas... now if they'd only drop the black plastic. sick )

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

10/2/2020 8:48 AM

Silver is all I like now . Used to be on the black rim bandwagon. I've never liked any other color besides those two including gold sick

|

10/2/2020 9:07 AM

Have always hated black wheels, and I'm sure most folks who change their own tires agree.

|

10/2/2020 9:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/2/2020 9:27 AM

Bought the new KX450 and not a fan of the black rims....these will be silver in the near future

Black frames, plastic, wheels....on dirt bikes is just a bad idea IMO

|

10/2/2020 9:33 AM

Jardo wrote:

Okay, Here's my theory:

A bike comes with chrome rims from factory looks okay but as it ages starts looking goonish and stock. That Same bike, you add black aftermarket wheels to and it looks beautiful. Same goes for the opposite situation. Bike comes stock with black rims and as it ages starts looking goonish. Add aftermarket silver wheels and now it looks beautiful.

Another point. I have a '19 crf with the stock black rims. I like the look of silver wheels on this bike but I would never get them because I feel it makes my bike look like a too '17ish.

I’ll trade you the stock silver rims off my 18 😎

|

10/2/2020 10:09 AM

Black rims look cool sitting in the garage all clean. Once on the track is doesn’t matter. Main thing I hate as always mentioned, is I can make a black rim look like a zebra after a few tire changes 😂

|

10/2/2020 10:20 AM

I still like black rims. My vehicles have black rims too. Not as cool as when they all came stock with silver. Agree on Suzuki's and yellow rims!

|

10/2/2020 10:43 AM

If you’re trying to impress the track snacks, silver wheels make you look faster.

|

10/2/2020 11:31 AM

im living in the past and have always liked silver rims heres my 20 kawi with 89 graphics
Photo

|

10/2/2020 12:01 PM

Photo

Silver rims and red hubs matter
|

10/2/2020 7:17 PM

Black rims don’t matter. Silver rims rule!

|

10/2/2020 8:14 PM

I remember the wheels that were 2 colors from the early 00's... Anything but those.

|

2018 CRF250R