Silly season updates

WR5
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 4:13pm
From Matthes:
Here are some rumors, facts, and innuendos that you should just take for what they are worth unless you’re Motoconcepts Michael Young. Then should lose your mind and call me names for putting this out there.

-Kevin Windham is out there and looking for a deal, GEICO has made him an offer but he’s shopping around. This surprised me, I just thought he was a natural fit back there. He’s not going to win the sx title but he’ll get a bunch of cheers.

-Brett Metcalfe is talking to Geico incase KW doesn’t come back or Suzuki to line up alongside The Dunge. Matt Moss is probably not coming back. But you knew that anyways.

-In case you haven’t heard, Chad Reed isn’t coming back to Kawasaki. He told me this a while back but didn’t want me to write it. So I didn’t. But then on Twitter, he admitted that he was in the silly season game so I guess it’s now “out there.”

-Christophe Pourcel is out there and by all accounts, wants a bunch of money to sign with someone. Sources say that he’s looking to keep his gear money and wants 1.5 million a year which he’s never going to get. Oh and a bunch of free Jet Skis. I made that last part up. Look for him to go to KTM or Honda.

-I finally heard the question from a high-profile team manager that I’ve been asking for a while which is, “How is Pourcel going to handle a full season of 450s when he struggles a bit with half a season of 250s?”

-JGR is looking at Metcalfe, Kyle Regal, Davi Millsaps, and a few others to fill the spot next to Justin Brayton. It’s looking more and more that Josh Grant won’t be back there by his choice, he doesn’t like the program that requires him to live in North Carolina full time.

-Trey Canard is going to Honda, but we all knew that anyways.

-I think Jake Weimer will get that second spot over at Kawasaki. It makes perfect sense, he’s not “the guy” yet so he can work into things, he’s best buddies with RV (who took a pay cut but did re-sign with Kawi) and his agent and Kawi Team Manager Mike Fisher are buddies. They can knock out this deal in a couple hours and then go roller-blading together.

-Wil Hahn is going to Geico/Honda.

-Ryan Sipes is going to Star Racing.

-My Pulpmx co-host Kenny Watson is the manager of Hart & Huntington and they have a major sponsor coming on-board next year (rhymes with Lodge) and are sorting out their bike color. Watson’s been trying to fool me with all this talk about red and orange but as someone else pointed out to me, H&H’s new sponsor will not want to be affiliated with another OEM that makes cars so look for them on green next year.

-If Ivan Tedesco isn’t on this team next year, then I’ll re-name the show “The Kenny Watson Show” for a week. This is a slam dunk methinks.

-Ben Townley has some big offers to go back to Europe and if the money I hear is true, I can’t see him making anywhere near that over here. So, if BT101 is racing nationals next year, just know that he left some serious money on the table.

-I think Andrew Short goes back to Honda and joins Trey Canard over there as a couple of Fly gear racers saying hi to everyone that comes into the pits. I’m not so sure Shorty thinks he’s going back though.
|
Sunhouse
9/1/2010 8:37am Edited Date/Time 9/1/2010 8:38am
Tedesco: JGR

Short: Suzuki

CP: Kawi
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
9/1/2010 8:45am
Is FUKUDOME racing SX this year?
If indeed so....then for who?
ATKpilot99
9/1/2010 8:50am
FastEddy wrote:
Is FUKUDOME racing SX this year?
If indeed so....then for who?
They need to name a domed stadium after him ... welcome to the Lucas Oils Fukudome .
dehner47
9/1/2010 8:54am
you both just wanted to write 'FUKUDOME"..

okkk me toooo..Evil

and i really like the idea of the "Lucas Oil Fukudome". it rolls off the tongue so nicelyyyy....

The Shop

FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
9/1/2010 9:06am
dehner47 wrote:
you both just wanted to write 'FUKUDOME".. okkk me toooo..:evil: and i really like the idea of the "Lucas Oil Fukudome". it rolls off the tongue...
you both just wanted to write 'FUKUDOME"..

okkk me toooo..Evil

and i really like the idea of the "Lucas Oil Fukudome". it rolls off the tongue so nicelyyyy....
No way man ,I really follow the dude....
Was curious.

Last I heard of him was from his blog....
Looks like he got snowed in out in front of some strip club or brothel in Fukuoka,never heard another word from him since.
Heres his blog...
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://type.way-nif…
ab5772
9/1/2010 9:16am
Is Geico Honda sticking with just one 450 rider? It seems like they couldn't really do much better than the Windham/Metcalfe duo. That's a potent 450 team IMO.
dehner47
9/1/2010 9:22am
man, i think he just used the excuse "i was snowed in at the strip club" so his wife wouldnt be pissed that he was with hookers all night and didnt come home for "dim sum". he has like 3 flurries on the hood of his truck. hell, when i blow my nose on a saturday morning after a night at our local "female dance establishment" more white stuff comes out then that..EvilBlinkWoohoo
MXR
9/1/2010 9:33am
How do you pronounce FUKUDOME ?

toddh
9/1/2010 9:52am
Is Sipes doing 250 indoors, 450 outdoors again?
Bucky Wheat
9/1/2010 10:07am
Sunhouse wrote:

It kind sounded like Hot Sauce was possibly heading to Hart and Huntington next year.
Bucky Wheat
9/1/2010 10:07am
Sunhouse wrote:

It kind sounded like Hot Sauce was possibly heading to Hart and Huntington next year.
ATKpilot99
9/1/2010 10:17am Edited Date/Time 9/1/2010 10:18am
MXR wrote:
How do you pronounce FUKUDOME ?

I think its foo koo dome a , but its more fun to pronounce it the way it looks .
Sunhouse
9/1/2010 10:43am
Sunhouse wrote:

Maybe, but the guy is a podium finisher, what can H&H offer him besides money? JGR has the equipment to help tedesco do well before he retires.
Bucky Wheat
9/1/2010 10:59am
Sunhouse wrote:
Maybe, but the guy is a podium finisher, what can H&H offer him besides money? JGR has the equipment to help tedesco do well before he...
Maybe, but the guy is a podium finisher, what can H&H offer him besides money? JGR has the equipment to help tedesco do well before he retires.
From listening to the pulpmx show the other night it sounds like there is a possibility of there being backing from Dodge(at least I think it was dodge) and that they'll be on Kawi's. It might be a good fit since Tedesco and K-Dub get along well. This is all pure speculation since neither K-dub or Matthes came out and confirmed any of this, Matthes just kind of hinted around it. I do agree that JGR would be a good place for him too. It's always sounded like Tedesco isn't afraid to put in the hard work.
CR92
9/1/2010 3:49pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2010 3:54pm
WR5 wrote:
From Matthes: Here are some rumors, facts, and innuendos that you should just take for what they are worth unless you’re Motoconcepts Michael Young. Then should...
From Matthes:
Here are some rumors, facts, and innuendos that you should just take for what they are worth unless you’re Motoconcepts Michael Young. Then should lose your mind and call me names for putting this out there.

-Kevin Windham is out there and looking for a deal, GEICO has made him an offer but he’s shopping around. This surprised me, I just thought he was a natural fit back there. He’s not going to win the sx title but he’ll get a bunch of cheers.

-Brett Metcalfe is talking to Geico incase KW doesn’t come back or Suzuki to line up alongside The Dunge. Matt Moss is probably not coming back. But you knew that anyways.

-In case you haven’t heard, Chad Reed isn’t coming back to Kawasaki. He told me this a while back but didn’t want me to write it. So I didn’t. But then on Twitter, he admitted that he was in the silly season game so I guess it’s now “out there.”

-Christophe Pourcel is out there and by all accounts, wants a bunch of money to sign with someone. Sources say that he’s looking to keep his gear money and wants 1.5 million a year which he’s never going to get. Oh and a bunch of free Jet Skis. I made that last part up. Look for him to go to KTM or Honda.

-I finally heard the question from a high-profile team manager that I’ve been asking for a while which is, “How is Pourcel going to handle a full season of 450s when he struggles a bit with half a season of 250s?”

-JGR is looking at Metcalfe, Kyle Regal, Davi Millsaps, and a few others to fill the spot next to Justin Brayton. It’s looking more and more that Josh Grant won’t be back there by his choice, he doesn’t like the program that requires him to live in North Carolina full time.

-Trey Canard is going to Honda, but we all knew that anyways.

-I think Jake Weimer will get that second spot over at Kawasaki. It makes perfect sense, he’s not “the guy” yet so he can work into things, he’s best buddies with RV (who took a pay cut but did re-sign with Kawi) and his agent and Kawi Team Manager Mike Fisher are buddies. They can knock out this deal in a couple hours and then go roller-blading together.

-Wil Hahn is going to Geico/Honda.

-Ryan Sipes is going to Star Racing.

-My Pulpmx co-host Kenny Watson is the manager of Hart & Huntington and they have a major sponsor coming on-board next year (rhymes with Lodge) and are sorting out their bike color. Watson’s been trying to fool me with all this talk about red and orange but as someone else pointed out to me, H&H’s new sponsor will not want to be affiliated with another OEM that makes cars so look for them on green next year.

-If Ivan Tedesco isn’t on this team next year, then I’ll re-name the show “The Kenny Watson Show” for a week. This is a slam dunk methinks.

-Ben Townley has some big offers to go back to Europe and if the money I hear is true, I can’t see him making anywhere near that over here. So, if BT101 is racing nationals next year, just know that he left some serious money on the table.

-I think Andrew Short goes back to Honda and joins Trey Canard over there as a couple of Fly gear racers saying hi to everyone that comes into the pits. I’m not so sure Shorty thinks he’s going back though.
if it is dodge coming aboard and they don't want to be affiliated with an OEM that makes cars then they could still go orange as ktm technically isn't an oem that makes cars they contracted audi to make the crossbow and I don't know if that was a concept or is an actual production car I could be completely wrong about that though

Post a reply to: Silly season updates

The Latest