Silly season 2020

davis224
Fantasy
138th
4/25/2019 2:56am
I guess it is. You guys are missing the point. HRC is probably the best team a rider could hope to be on when it comes...
I guess it is. You guys are missing the point. HRC is probably the best team a rider could hope to be on when it comes to support. They get the best of everything and you'll never hear "we cant afford that". With that being said and the deep pockets honda has there are more deserving riders out there that could do much more with the tools honda has to offer. No reason why HRC cant have 2 top guys competing for a title, like KTM. Seely would make more sense on JGR or moto concepts.

Cheeze dude: 12 podiums in 85 sx races plus monster cups isnt really that good considering what seely has at his disposable and the money honda is giving him. I'm sure HRC was expecting more out of him. And yes I'm counting last year when he missed a lot due to injuries but if you're going to give him credit for the races he's at then you have to hold him accountable for the races he's not at. If honda strives for mediocrity then seely is their guy, but I have a feeling they want just a tad more out of there riders...
Honda may have deep pockets, but maybe they have an actual budget, and the budget for 2 top riders just isn't in it. As far as 2nd riders go, Cole is the best out there at the moment. I think they're quite happy with him. Could they decide to pony up for AC and Roczen? Maybe. But I wouldn't call Seely a failure.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
4/25/2019 4:10am
davis224 wrote:
Honda may have deep pockets, but maybe they have an actual budget, and the budget for 2 top riders just isn't in it. As far as...
Honda may have deep pockets, but maybe they have an actual budget, and the budget for 2 top riders just isn't in it. As far as 2nd riders go, Cole is the best out there at the moment. I think they're quite happy with him. Could they decide to pony up for AC and Roczen? Maybe. But I wouldn't call Seely a failure.
They can't pony up for AC because he is signed already with Kawasaki.
ga_pike
4/25/2019 4:37am
It almost seems as if we need another class like in the old days (125, 250, 500 all on the same day). Too many top riders for not enough spots. But then the costs go up even more to field additional bikes.

If only there were a way to decrease the costs of the sport itself??
Sully
4/25/2019 5:17am
I didn’t say he was unsuccessful, did you mean to quote my post or another? I said he would have more titles on another bike and...
I didn’t say he was unsuccessful, did you mean to quote my post or another?

I said he would have more titles on another bike and he knows it.
Sully wrote:
Gotta love when someone posts their farfetched opinion as a hard fact...
Gotta love when someone posts their interpretation as a hard fact ??
What the hell does this even mean? I didn’t interpret anything, you posted your opinion about Eli winning on another brand like it was fact.

The Shop

USA
Fantasy
507th
4/25/2019 6:06am
I heard on pulp that tomac has already signed an extension with kawi. Anyone else here that? As for HRC the only thing they need to...
I heard on pulp that tomac has already signed an extension with kawi. Anyone else here that? As for HRC the only thing they need to do is can seely as he has done nothing for that team. I understand he's the # 2 rider but with the support he's getting he should be doing much better then what...2 top 5s this year? Hasn't done much since he's signed with them too. I'd be shocked if he remained on HRC for 2020...lots more deserving guys. Savatgy most likely gets it if AC bumps up, if he doesn't kawi stays the same and HRC gives someone else a one year deal, but I highly doubt it's marv. He's been on ktm his entire life and with his career coming to an end soon he stays put most likely.
I’m no expert, but Musquin has ridden for Honda at the professional level. I believe until 2010 mid-season. I don’t expect Musquin to switch teams, though.

I think Seely deserves a factory ride over many of the guys with factory rides. So, I don’t know why him on Team HRC means he should be in title contention when Honda hasn’t won a big bike title since before you were born.
BobKerr
4/25/2019 7:18am
kpiper wrote:
True!
My point is, that despite all this PR, it doesn't help the team any. If PR doesn't bring in cash, who cares?
CPR wrote:
If JGR get rid of Hill (a no-brainer) and bring in a top tier rider, and by that I mean a regular podium- top 5 guy...
If JGR get rid of Hill (a no-brainer) and bring in a top tier rider, and by that I mean a regular podium- top 5 guy, though not necessarily a title contender, (Wilson would be a good fit), as well as having Reed on a farewell tour, then that's their best chance at nailing a big sponsor.
If that doesn't bring a sponsor in then nothing short of signing Tomac/ Musquin/ Roczen/ Webb will.
There was a podcast with Jbone who said JGR is not interested in going after big money riders anymore. They said it isn't a good business decision.
ga_pike
4/25/2019 7:32am
BobKerr wrote:
There was a podcast with Jbone who said JGR is not interested in going after big money riders anymore. They said it isn't a good business...
There was a podcast with Jbone who said JGR is not interested in going after big money riders anymore. They said it isn't a good business decision.
That's interesting. Seems like the NASCAR business model... doesn't matter where you finish as long as you get on TV and get the name seen. That said, if they were to have a big $$$ sponsor come along that wanted to win title, I have a feeling they would change their tune.
kpiper
4/25/2019 8:10am Edited Date/Time 4/25/2019 8:12am
With ET staying at Kawi the people saying not much will change are probably correct! How boring! Smile

Makes sense KR stays. MM stays. I think Cole's fate at Honda depends on if they get AC or not. Would you replace Cole with JS17 or Dean Wilson? Probably not if you are Honda. They seem pretty loyal to their riders and will give Cole another year.

Kawi will not let AC get away. JS17 goes to make room if AC moves up. That is 'why' they only gave him a one year deal. If AC does not win the title I suspect he will stay 250 for another year. But he should get it done and be on a 450 next year with Eli.

I don't think they will do a three-rider team (wish they would) so that leaves JS17 at JGR or maybe a teammate for BB4???

Will AC train with Eli in CO if this all happens?
BobKerr
4/25/2019 10:32am
BobKerr wrote:
There was a podcast with Jbone who said JGR is not interested in going after big money riders anymore. They said it isn't a good business...
ga_pike wrote:
That's interesting. Seems like the NASCAR business model... doesn't matter where you finish as long as you get on TV and get the name seen. That...
That's interesting. Seems like the NASCAR business model... doesn't matter where you finish as long as you get on TV and get the name seen. That said, if they were to have a big $$$ sponsor come along that wanted to win title, I have a feeling they would change their tune.
JBone's comment was in regards to how they spent a boat load of money on Stew and Barcia, but didn't really get much in return.
BobKerr
4/25/2019 10:36am Edited Date/Time 4/25/2019 10:40am
kpiper wrote:
With ET staying at Kawi the people saying not much will change are probably correct! How boring! :) Makes sense KR stays. MM stays. I think...
With ET staying at Kawi the people saying not much will change are probably correct! How boring! Smile

Makes sense KR stays. MM stays. I think Cole's fate at Honda depends on if they get AC or not. Would you replace Cole with JS17 or Dean Wilson? Probably not if you are Honda. They seem pretty loyal to their riders and will give Cole another year.

Kawi will not let AC get away. JS17 goes to make room if AC moves up. That is 'why' they only gave him a one year deal. If AC does not win the title I suspect he will stay 250 for another year. But he should get it done and be on a 450 next year with Eli.

I don't think they will do a three-rider team (wish they would) so that leaves JS17 at JGR or maybe a teammate for BB4???

Are AC and Tomac even friends? I seriously doubt they will train together just because they are on the same team. My guess is that they both stick with their current training programs.

If I'm Honda, and I can't get AC because he goes to Kawi, then I go after Savatgy big time and try to keep Cole on red with MCR. Cole is 29 and currently in his 5th year of the 450 class. Savatgy is 25, a rookie, and his stock is rising.
BroFoSho
4/25/2019 12:02pm
BobKerr wrote:
Are AC and Tomac even friends? I seriously doubt they will train together just because they are on the same team. My guess is that they...
Are AC and Tomac even friends? I seriously doubt they will train together just because they are on the same team. My guess is that they both stick with their current training programs.

If I'm Honda, and I can't get AC because he goes to Kawi, then I go after Savatgy big time and try to keep Cole on red with MCR. Cole is 29 and currently in his 5th year of the 450 class. Savatgy is 25, a rookie, and his stock is rising.
It'll be interesting to see if AC and Roczen continue to train together if AC goes to Kawi
kiwifan
4/25/2019 12:55pm
I heard on pulp that tomac has already signed an extension with kawi. Anyone else here that? As for HRC the only thing they need to...
I heard on pulp that tomac has already signed an extension with kawi. Anyone else here that? As for HRC the only thing they need to do is can seely as he has done nothing for that team. I understand he's the # 2 rider but with the support he's getting he should be doing much better then what...2 top 5s this year? Hasn't done much since he's signed with them too. I'd be shocked if he remained on HRC for 2020...lots more deserving guys. Savatgy most likely gets it if AC bumps up, if he doesn't kawi stays the same and HRC gives someone else a one year deal, but I highly doubt it's marv. He's been on ktm his entire life and with his career coming to an end soon he stays put most likely.
USA wrote:
I’m no expert, but Musquin has ridden for Honda at the professional level. I believe until 2010 mid-season. I don’t expect Musquin to switch teams, though...
I’m no expert, but Musquin has ridden for Honda at the professional level. I believe until 2010 mid-season. I don’t expect Musquin to switch teams, though.

I think Seely deserves a factory ride over many of the guys with factory rides. So, I don’t know why him on Team HRC means he should be in title contention when Honda hasn’t won a big bike title since before you were born.
oh because they havent won a title for a while it means they never will?...sorry but not great logic there
kiwifan
4/25/2019 12:56pm
davis224 wrote:
Honda may have deep pockets, but maybe they have an actual budget, and the budget for 2 top riders just isn't in it. As far as...
UpTiTe wrote:
when was this announced?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
4/25/2019 12:58pm
davis224 wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
when was this announced?
October 1, 2019 lol.
kpiper
4/25/2019 1:32pm
kpiper wrote:
With ET staying at Kawi the people saying not much will change are probably correct! How boring! :) Makes sense KR stays. MM stays. I think...

BobKerr wrote:
Are AC and Tomac even friends? I seriously doubt they will train together just because they are on the same team. My guess is that they...

I doubt ET and AC are friends but Tomac did race better last year when Jmart was there with him. Maybe, just maybe they see the benefits of what Aldon is doing at Bakers Factory and try to replicate it. I think that would be pretty smart.

Eli needs to train with someone fast soon. It can't be good just turning laps with no one even close to your speed out there at the same time.
USA
Fantasy
507th
4/25/2019 1:37pm
USA wrote:
I’m no expert, but Musquin has ridden for Honda at the professional level. I believe until 2010 mid-season. I don’t expect Musquin to switch teams, though...

kiwifan wrote:
oh because they havent won a title for a while it means they never will?...sorry but not great logic there
Where in my post did I say that? I just pointed out that it’s unfair to expect the second rider on a team that hasn’t won a title “for a while” to be in title contention; and saying anything less means he has “done nothing for that team”.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
4/25/2019 3:04pm
UpTiTe wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
when was this announced?
mattyhamz2 wrote:
October 1, 2019 lol.
Since it will be from PC Kawi to Kawi, I don't think they will wait that long. Most likely the week after Vegas.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
4/25/2019 3:08pm
kiwifan wrote:
when was this announced?
mattyhamz2 wrote:
October 1, 2019 lol.
avidchimp wrote:
Since it will be from PC Kawi to Kawi, I don't think they will wait that long. Most likely the week after Vegas.
It was a bit of sarcasm lol. I figured if he went to Kawi they'd announce it much sooner than if he had signed with HRC
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
4/25/2019 3:10pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
October 1, 2019 lol.
avidchimp wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
It was a bit of sarcasm lol. I figured if he went to Kawi they'd announce it much sooner than if he had signed with HRC
Ha! It was more to help with the sure to come questions about that. Laughing
kiwifan
4/25/2019 3:31pm
USA wrote:

kiwifan wrote:
USA wrote:
Where in my post did I say that? I just pointed out that it’s unfair to expect the second rider on a team that hasn’t won...
Where in my post did I say that? I just pointed out that it’s unfair to expect the second rider on a team that hasn’t won a title “for a while” to be in title contention; and saying anything less means he has “done nothing for that team”.
thanks for the clarification, now your post makes more sense Smile
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
4/25/2019 3:38pm
i think marv will get the boot from ktm as RD has said before there comes a time when you have to decide if a rider will win a championship. Hard to see Marv doing that now as he is going to be on the wrong side of 30. freeing up a spot for one of the free agents to be.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
4/25/2019 3:39pm
soggy wrote:
i think marv will get the boot from ktm as RD has said before there comes a time when you have to decide if a rider...
i think marv will get the boot from ktm as RD has said before there comes a time when you have to decide if a rider will win a championship. Hard to see Marv doing that now as he is going to be on the wrong side of 30. freeing up a spot for one of the free agents to be.
Why would they give him the boot? He already has an offer from KTM. He's a great second rider and team player.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
4/25/2019 3:53pm
soggy wrote:
i think marv will get the boot from ktm as RD has said before there comes a time when you have to decide if a rider...
Yeah, let's shitcan Musquin. ?

kpiper
4/25/2019 4:30pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2019 4:31pm
If I were DeCoster I would take JS17 over MM25 right now.
Brett_Clark
4/25/2019 4:47pm
I think marvin is honestly going to seek an offer from Honda. He could use a change and I see Honda being a good fit with all his sponsers
kpiper
4/25/2019 4:58pm
I think marvin is honestly going to seek an offer from Honda. He could use a change and I see Honda being a good fit with...
I think marvin is honestly going to seek an offer from Honda. He could use a change and I see Honda being a good fit with all his sponsers
I can't imagine MM wants to stay at KTM. Why would he? He was officially 'dethroned' as the #1 rider on the team. Webb is the clear future for KTM. Not MM. Maybe just to finish out his career but I would not want to do that scenario.
downard254
4/25/2019 6:01pm Edited Date/Time 4/26/2019 11:58am
I think marvin is honestly going to seek an offer from Honda. He could use a change and I see Honda being a good fit with...
kpiper wrote:
I can't imagine MM wants to stay at KTM. Why would he? He was officially 'dethroned' as the #1 rider on the team. Webb is the...
I can't imagine MM wants to stay at KTM. Why would he? He was officially 'dethroned' as the #1 rider on the team. Webb is the clear future for KTM. Not MM. Maybe just to finish out his career but I would not want to do that scenario.
Let’s see how things turn out after the outdoors. If Marv finishes ahead of Webb outside, then can he really still be considered the second rider. I’m curious where Marvin would be in comparison to Webb had he started the SX season healthy.
Mxracer6y
4/25/2019 6:26pm
Marvin isn't going anywhere. You guys need to give it up for real. Marvin will not leave ktm.
Mxracer6y
4/25/2019 6:31pm
skeef wrote:
I don't see HRC taking a shot on JS17 this season, I think HRC will only make moves for Marvin. If not, a healthy/confident Cole is...
I don't see HRC taking a shot on JS17 this season, I think HRC will only make moves for Marvin. If not, a healthy/confident Cole is a safer bet than JS17. Also if we are speaking silly here, Can Honda pay both Marvin & Roczen big $$$?? Who would get more? Marvin is higher in points in sx and a better national rider as of late. But no way they start paying Marvin more.. unless they believe Ken will remain a top 5 guy for the rest of his career.

Side note: It seems everyone finds a way to violently throw themselves off of the Honda. Besides Kdub who was stayed healthy on that bike?
Zacka 161 wrote:
he stayed healthy minus that scary scary endo which I think was the start of his retirement. Or maybe it completely was I cant remember but...
he stayed healthy minus that scary scary endo which I think was the start of his retirement. Or maybe it completely was I cant remember but it was scary.
kiwifan wrote:
Well how many Husky riders have been injured this year? It is NOT the bike FFS
Its kind of funny, but sad how people attach this superstitious belief of sorts that some how Hondas have a higher chance of "violenty throwing off riders" than other bikes do.
kpiper
4/25/2019 6:35pm
kpiper wrote:
I can't imagine MM wants to stay at KTM. Why would he? He was officially 'dethroned' as the #1 rider on the team. Webb is the...
downard254 wrote:
Let’s see how things turn out after the outdoors. If Marv finishes ahead of Webb outside, then can he really still be considered the second rider...
Let’s see how things turn out after the outdoors. If Marv finishes ahead of Webb outside, then can he really still be considered the second rider. I’m curious where Marvin would be in comparison to Webb had he started the SX season healthy.
Marvin will be 30 next year. That is huge in this sport. Most riders are done by 30. Clearly, he is not done but the guy who is seven years younger is in the driver's seat.

Post a reply to: Silly season 2020

The Latest