Silly season 2020

OR Racer46
Fantasy
876th
4/24/2019 12:16pm
JGR is about ROI and if you compare Reed to Hill i think it is a No brainer . Hill will have time to work on his new record deal .
kpiper
4/24/2019 12:42pm
OR Racer46 wrote:
JGR is about ROI and if you compare Reed to Hill i think it is a No brainer . Hill will have time to work on...
JGR is about ROI and if you compare Reed to Hill i think it is a No brainer . Hill will have time to work on his new record deal .
I agree with you but how about sign JS17 or Dean Wilson instead of Hill and Reed?

I actually think Reed may be a good ROI considering all the PR he gets. A farewell tour would play pretty well. BUT CR22 is not about winning, it would be about PR.
Johnny Ringo
4/24/2019 12:54pm
OR Racer46 wrote:
JGR is about ROI and if you compare Reed to Hill i think it is a No brainer . Hill will have time to work on...
kpiper wrote:
I agree with you but how about sign JS17 or Dean Wilson instead of Hill and Reed? I actually think Reed may be a good ROI...
I agree with you but how about sign JS17 or Dean Wilson instead of Hill and Reed?

I actually think Reed may be a good ROI considering all the PR he gets. A farewell tour would play pretty well. BUT CR22 is not about winning, it would be about PR.
All that PR CR22 brought hasn't helped them find a title sponsor yet...
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
4/24/2019 12:59pm
OR Racer46 wrote:
kpiper wrote:
I agree with you but how about sign JS17 or Dean Wilson instead of Hill and Reed? I actually think Reed may be a good ROI...

To me, that says more about the team as a whole than anything else.

The Shop

4/24/2019 1:28pm
Ac said to matthes that he isnt getting offered anymore money if he wins the the title in 250s. You know they are going to throw...
Ac said to matthes that he isnt getting offered anymore money if he wins the the title in 250s. You know they are going to throw some big numbers out and it would be crazy for kawi to not pursue a career rider heavily. The tomac/kawi deal is a sinking ship. 7 series and only two titles so far. I'm sure he will be seeking a change.
Indy mxer wrote:
Yeah, that damn Kawasaki just doesn't work for him. Guess you didn't watch him smoke everybody at Daytona on that pos. Not to mention the nationals...
Yeah, that damn Kawasaki just doesn't work for him. Guess you didn't watch him smoke everybody at Daytona on that pos.

Not to mention the nationals last year where he dominated the entire field. And basically demoralized MM to point of him saying he had nothing for ET.

But you're right, it's a sinking ship.

Has he had an up and down SX season? Yes. But I think that's more on Eli.
If he had of stayed on Honda or went husky/ktm Tomac would have more titles and he knows it. That’s why his head is so fucked up now in my opinion.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
4/24/2019 1:58pm
There are a couple of things to factor in here,

1 - Kawasaki's offer to Eli doesn't leave enough on the table for Adam type money unless the green claw chips in a little more (which I'm sure they will).

2 - Ken is taking a pay cut no matter how you slice that cake, which leaves some extra money for the second rider. Kenny also has first right of refusal on who his teammate is, if I'm not mistaken.

3 - RedBull would give their left nut to have Ken and Adam as their athletes on Hondas. Whistling
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3875th
4/24/2019 2:05pm
avidchimp wrote:
There are a couple of things to factor in here, 1 - Kawasaki's offer to Eli doesn't leave enough on the table for Adam type money...
There are a couple of things to factor in here,

1 - Kawasaki's offer to Eli doesn't leave enough on the table for Adam type money unless the green claw chips in a little more (which I'm sure they will).

2 - Ken is taking a pay cut no matter how you slice that cake, which leaves some extra money for the second rider. Kenny also has first right of refusal on who his teammate is, if I'm not mistaken.

3 - RedBull would give their left nut to have Ken and Adam as their athletes on Hondas. Whistling
I would give my left nut to see Ken, Cole and Adam all on Honda.
kpiper
4/24/2019 2:37pm
kpiper wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:
True!
Johnny Ringo
4/24/2019 3:17pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
kpiper wrote:
True!
My point is, that despite all this PR, it doesn't help the team any. If PR doesn't bring in cash, who cares?
1down5up
4/24/2019 3:49pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Didn’t read every post so if this has been posted I apologize. Marvin has an offer to return to KTM but doesn’t want to be around...
Didn’t read every post so if this has been posted I apologize.

Marvin has an offer to return to KTM but doesn’t want to be around Little Doooshe Coop so he has talked to two other teams.

Ken is returning.

Eli has a third year option, he shopped for a new deal but no takers for the money he wants so he will stay put another year.

Ciancirillo will be Eli’s team mate.

This part is pure speculation, Marvin will ride a Honda next year

this^
4/24/2019 4:56pm
Cortami79 wrote:
I see KTM TLD getting some big talents. From what i've read is that Roger isn't too impressed with the 250 devision and wants some winners...
I see KTM TLD getting some big talents. From what i've read is that Roger isn't too impressed with the 250 devision and wants some winners in there.

Also, IMO would be strange to see Musquin on anything other than a KTM to be honest
ML512 wrote:
TLD has too many contracts in place for big moves. Smith is set for next year and I believe Shane is as well. Then they have...
TLD has too many contracts in place for big moves. Smith is set for next year and I believe Shane is as well. Then they have Drake moving up. Falk and Cantrell’s deals are up though. Cantrell won’t be there next year but I think they will retain Falk.
Retain Falk and get Forkner?
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
4/24/2019 5:21pm
CR22 goes all rider/manager at JGR and Jbone gets canned like a coach after not producing.
cable
4/24/2019 5:31pm
Indy mxer wrote:
So how's the outdoor nationals thing working out for KTM? How about the 250 class in SX? Btw, I'm not anti KTM. Besides my KX450 I...
So how's the outdoor nationals thing working out for KTM? How about the 250 class in SX?

Btw, I'm not anti KTM. Besides my KX450 I own a 125SX.
Sleapy wrote:
KTM/Husky hasn't won in 450MX since Dungey in 2015, and the last 3 (soon to be 4) winners haven't been with Aldon.
DonM wrote:
Again my point was more of the success of RD as a team manger and Aldon as a trainer...It's not about KTM/Husky...There is not one team...
Again my point was more of the success of RD as a team manger and Aldon as a trainer...It's not about KTM/Husky...There is not one team out there that wouldn't like to be connected to either one or both...again their overall records speaks for themselves...name one trainer or one team manager that has had the success that they have had...
Randy Lawrence would be the closest? trainer/mechanic for mcgrath and trainer to villo. Wheres he at now?
Money
4/24/2019 5:53pm
Sleapy wrote:
KTM/Husky hasn't won in 450MX since Dungey in 2015, and the last 3 (soon to be 4) winners haven't been with Aldon.
DonM wrote:
Again my point was more of the success of RD as a team manger and Aldon as a trainer...It's not about KTM/Husky...There is not one team...
Again my point was more of the success of RD as a team manger and Aldon as a trainer...It's not about KTM/Husky...There is not one team out there that wouldn't like to be connected to either one or both...again their overall records speaks for themselves...name one trainer or one team manager that has had the success that they have had...
cable wrote:
Randy Lawrence would be the closest? trainer/mechanic for mcgrath and trainer to villo. Wheres he at now?
I would put Gareth swanepoel above Randy Lawrence. Randy just has titles with villa I believe? Swanny has 3 titles with Cooper 2 titles with Plessinger. Has Justin cooper in the running for a sx title and he’s always up front. Colt has won races as well.
Excaliburbmx
4/24/2019 7:18pm
Ac said to matthes that he isnt getting offered anymore money if he wins the the title in 250s. You know they are going to throw...
Ac said to matthes that he isnt getting offered anymore money if he wins the the title in 250s. You know they are going to throw some big numbers out and it would be crazy for kawi to not pursue a career rider heavily. The tomac/kawi deal is a sinking ship. 7 series and only two titles so far. I'm sure he will be seeking a change.
Indy mxer wrote:
Yeah, that damn Kawasaki just doesn't work for him. Guess you didn't watch him smoke everybody at Daytona on that pos. Not to mention the nationals...
Yeah, that damn Kawasaki just doesn't work for him. Guess you didn't watch him smoke everybody at Daytona on that pos.

Not to mention the nationals last year where he dominated the entire field. And basically demoralized MM to point of him saying he had nothing for ET.

If he had of stayed on Honda or went husky/ktm Tomac would have more titles and he knows it. That’s why his head is so fucked...
If he had of stayed on Honda or went husky/ktm Tomac would have more titles and he knows it. That’s why his head is so fucked up now in my opinion.
He has 2 out of 5 titles he is the most successful rider in the last three years. Are you watching the same series the rest of us are?
4/24/2019 7:31pm
Indy mxer wrote:

If he had of stayed on Honda or went husky/ktm Tomac would have more titles and he knows it. That’s why his head is so fucked...
He has 2 out of 5 titles he is the most successful rider in the last three years. Are you watching the same series the rest...
He has 2 out of 5 titles he is the most successful rider in the last three years. Are you watching the same series the rest of us are?
I didn’t say he was unsuccessful, did you mean to quote my post or another?

I said he would have more titles on another bike and he knows it.
CPR
4/24/2019 7:57pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
kpiper wrote:
True!
My point is, that despite all this PR, it doesn't help the team any. If PR doesn't bring in cash, who cares?
If JGR get rid of Hill (a no-brainer) and bring in a top tier rider, and by that I mean a regular podium- top 5 guy, though not necessarily a title contender, (Wilson would be a good fit), as well as having Reed on a farewell tour, then that's their best chance at nailing a big sponsor.
If that doesn't bring a sponsor in then nothing short of signing Tomac/ Musquin/ Roczen/ Webb will.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
4/24/2019 8:07pm
CPR wrote:
If JGR get rid of Hill (a no-brainer) and bring in a top tier rider, and by that I mean a regular podium- top 5 guy...
If JGR get rid of Hill (a no-brainer) and bring in a top tier rider, and by that I mean a regular podium- top 5 guy, though not necessarily a title contender, (Wilson would be a good fit), as well as having Reed on a farewell tour, then that's their best chance at nailing a big sponsor.
If that doesn't bring a sponsor in then nothing short of signing Tomac/ Musquin/ Roczen/ Webb will.
In a round a bout way you are missing the point. Without a title sponsor, JGR can't commit to anything past a 1 year deal with any rider, and without a 2+ year deal, most top riders won't touch JGR.

If JGR can line something up SOON (or already has) then it's game on for a couple riders.
kpiper
4/24/2019 8:22pm
CPR wrote:
If JGR get rid of Hill (a no-brainer) and bring in a top tier rider, and by that I mean a regular podium- top 5 guy...
avidchimp wrote:
In a round a bout way you are missing the point. Without a title sponsor, JGR can't commit to anything past a 1 year deal with...
In a round a bout way you are missing the point. Without a title sponsor, JGR can't commit to anything past a 1 year deal with any rider, and without a 2+ year deal, most top riders won't touch JGR.

If JGR can line something up SOON (or already has) then it's game on for a couple riders.
Shows you how tough it is when Coach Gibbs can't even pull in a major sponsor.
Sully
4/24/2019 8:43pm
He has 2 out of 5 titles he is the most successful rider in the last three years. Are you watching the same series the rest...
I didn’t say he was unsuccessful, did you mean to quote my post or another? I said he would have more titles on another bike and...

Gotta love when someone posts their farfetched opinion as a hard fact...
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2033rd
4/24/2019 9:03pm
system wrote:
Eli stays. Ken stays. Marvin stays. There are three major questions to be answered, who does AC sign with, can JGR find a title sponsor, and...
Eli stays. Ken stays. Marvin stays.

There are three major questions to be answered, who does AC sign with, can JGR find a title sponsor, and does WP18 come back?

AC goes to Kawi, then JS17 would need to find a ride...either with HRC or JGR.

AC goes to HRC, JS17 stays at Kawi and if JGR has funding, do they hire Deano, who still needs a ride in '20. If they don't get a title sponsor, do they go racing with WP18 and CR22??

Cole Seely would be left out unless HRC went with a 3-man team. His only options would be JGR (if they find a title sponsor and WP18 can't return) or MCR with HRC support. But who does MCR let go? JB10 doesn't seem ready to retire, Mookie looked good before the crash, and VF is probably a good value.

There could be an opening at RMATV KTM but that deal includes gear, which guys like JS17, Deano, and Cole make good money from their gear sponsors, so unlikely. I think if JB19 stays healthy, he stays there.

There will be a lot fewer changes this year than in previous years, as all the big dogs are staying put. A few of the second-tier guys will be moving...Deano, JS17, and Cole. That's about it, IMO.
skeef wrote:
I don't see HRC taking a shot on JS17 this season, I think HRC will only make moves for Marvin. If not, a healthy/confident Cole is...
I don't see HRC taking a shot on JS17 this season, I think HRC will only make moves for Marvin. If not, a healthy/confident Cole is a safer bet than JS17. Also if we are speaking silly here, Can Honda pay both Marvin & Roczen big $$$?? Who would get more? Marvin is higher in points in sx and a better national rider as of late. But no way they start paying Marvin more.. unless they believe Ken will remain a top 5 guy for the rest of his career.

Side note: It seems everyone finds a way to violently throw themselves off of the Honda. Besides Kdub who was stayed healthy on that bike?
he stayed healthy minus that scary scary endo which I think was the start of his retirement. Or maybe it completely was I cant remember but it was scary.
CPR
4/24/2019 11:17pm
CPR wrote:
avidchimp wrote:
In a round a bout way you are missing the point. Without a title sponsor, JGR can't commit to anything past a 1 year deal with...

You saying Wilson and Reed wouldn't be open to a 1 year deal???
Because that's what i'm saying, so I don't think I missed the point.

If his current team doesn't want him, then I'm sure Wilson will be open to a one year deal at another factory team and same goes for any other rider in that situation other than the 'big 4' names i'd say.

Agree with your last sentence though.
4/24/2019 11:22pm
I heard on pulp that tomac has already signed an extension with kawi. Anyone else here that? As for HRC the only thing they need to do is can seely as he has done nothing for that team. I understand he's the # 2 rider but with the support he's getting he should be doing much better then what...2 top 5s this year? Hasn't done much since he's signed with them too. I'd be shocked if he remained on HRC for 2020...lots more deserving guys. Savatgy most likely gets it if AC bumps up, if he doesn't kawi stays the same and HRC gives someone else a one year deal, but I highly doubt it's marv. He's been on ktm his entire life and with his career coming to an end soon he stays put most likely.
rstaichi
4/25/2019 12:04am
Cycle news said Tomac already sighed 2 weeks ago
hamncheeze
4/25/2019 12:08am Edited Date/Time 4/25/2019 12:12am
I heard on pulp that tomac has already signed an extension with kawi. Anyone else here that? As for HRC the only thing they need to...
I heard on pulp that tomac has already signed an extension with kawi. Anyone else here that? As for HRC the only thing they need to do is can seely as he has done nothing for that team. I understand he's the # 2 rider but with the support he's getting he should be doing much better then what...2 top 5s this year? Hasn't done much since he's signed with them too. I'd be shocked if he remained on HRC for 2020...lots more deserving guys. Savatgy most likely gets it if AC bumps up, if he doesn't kawi stays the same and HRC gives someone else a one year deal, but I highly doubt it's marv. He's been on ktm his entire life and with his career coming to an end soon he stays put most likely.
Shitting on Seely seems popular. He's coming back from a pretty horrible injury. In the past 5 years who's won a 450 SX on a Honda? Canard, Tomac, Roczen, Brayton and yes Seely. Since he moved to 450 in 2015 he's had 12 podiums including 1 win. What more could you want from a so-called number 2 rider?

Don't let facts get in the way of your story:

https://vault.racerxonline.com/rider/cole-seely/races
kiwifan
4/25/2019 12:09am
system wrote:
Eli stays. Ken stays. Marvin stays. There are three major questions to be answered, who does AC sign with, can JGR find a title sponsor, and...
Eli stays. Ken stays. Marvin stays.

There are three major questions to be answered, who does AC sign with, can JGR find a title sponsor, and does WP18 come back?

AC goes to Kawi, then JS17 would need to find a ride...either with HRC or JGR.

AC goes to HRC, JS17 stays at Kawi and if JGR has funding, do they hire Deano, who still needs a ride in '20. If they don't get a title sponsor, do they go racing with WP18 and CR22??

Cole Seely would be left out unless HRC went with a 3-man team. His only options would be JGR (if they find a title sponsor and WP18 can't return) or MCR with HRC support. But who does MCR let go? JB10 doesn't seem ready to retire, Mookie looked good before the crash, and VF is probably a good value.

There could be an opening at RMATV KTM but that deal includes gear, which guys like JS17, Deano, and Cole make good money from their gear sponsors, so unlikely. I think if JB19 stays healthy, he stays there.

There will be a lot fewer changes this year than in previous years, as all the big dogs are staying put. A few of the second-tier guys will be moving...Deano, JS17, and Cole. That's about it, IMO.
skeef wrote:
I don't see HRC taking a shot on JS17 this season, I think HRC will only make moves for Marvin. If not, a healthy/confident Cole is...
I don't see HRC taking a shot on JS17 this season, I think HRC will only make moves for Marvin. If not, a healthy/confident Cole is a safer bet than JS17. Also if we are speaking silly here, Can Honda pay both Marvin & Roczen big $$$?? Who would get more? Marvin is higher in points in sx and a better national rider as of late. But no way they start paying Marvin more.. unless they believe Ken will remain a top 5 guy for the rest of his career.

Side note: It seems everyone finds a way to violently throw themselves off of the Honda. Besides Kdub who was stayed healthy on that bike?
Zacka 161 wrote:
he stayed healthy minus that scary scary endo which I think was the start of his retirement. Or maybe it completely was I cant remember but...
he stayed healthy minus that scary scary endo which I think was the start of his retirement. Or maybe it completely was I cant remember but it was scary.
Well how many Husky riders have been injured this year? It is NOT the bike FFS
4/25/2019 12:14am
I didn’t say he was unsuccessful, did you mean to quote my post or another? I said he would have more titles on another bike and...

Sully wrote:
Gotta love when someone posts their farfetched opinion as a hard fact...
Gotta love when someone posts their interpretation as a hard fact ??
Sully
4/25/2019 12:17am
I heard on pulp that tomac has already signed an extension with kawi. Anyone else here that? As for HRC the only thing they need to...
You’re right, Seely hasn’t done anything for HRC...except win a main, and score a dozen podiums for them. Oh, and he was running second in points last year when he got hurt.

I guess your definition of ‘doing something’ is different than mine.
4/25/2019 1:21am
I guess it is. You guys are missing the point. HRC is probably the best team a rider could hope to be on when it comes to support. They get the best of everything and you'll never hear "we cant afford that". With that being said and the deep pockets honda has there are more deserving riders out there that could do much more with the tools honda has to offer. No reason why HRC cant have 2 top guys competing for a title, like KTM. Seely would make more sense on JGR or moto concepts.

Cheeze dude: 12 podiums in 85 sx races plus monster cups isnt really that good considering what seely has at his disposable and the money honda is giving him. I'm sure HRC was expecting more out of him. And yes I'm counting last year when he missed a lot due to injuries but if you're going to give him credit for the races he's at then you have to hold him accountable for the races he's not at. If honda strives for mediocrity then seely is their guy, but I have a feeling they want just a tad more out of there riders...
4/25/2019 2:43am
I guess it is. You guys are missing the point. HRC is probably the best team a rider could hope to be on when it comes...
I guess it is. You guys are missing the point. HRC is probably the best team a rider could hope to be on when it comes to support. They get the best of everything and you'll never hear "we cant afford that". With that being said and the deep pockets honda has there are more deserving riders out there that could do much more with the tools honda has to offer. No reason why HRC cant have 2 top guys competing for a title, like KTM. Seely would make more sense on JGR or moto concepts.

Cheeze dude: 12 podiums in 85 sx races plus monster cups isnt really that good considering what seely has at his disposable and the money honda is giving him. I'm sure HRC was expecting more out of him. And yes I'm counting last year when he missed a lot due to injuries but if you're going to give him credit for the races he's at then you have to hold him accountable for the races he's not at. If honda strives for mediocrity then seely is their guy, but I have a feeling they want just a tad more out of there riders...
That is the unfortunate truth of this sport, plenty of guys in the same boat.

Post a reply to: Silly season 2020

The Latest