Silly season 2020

kiwifan
4/15/2019 3:15pm
One thing is for certain, is that the agents will be earning their keep at the moment, there is probably a lot of cross team talks going on with a large number of riders.....fun to see what comes out the other end in October (or earlier for some).
DonM
4/15/2019 3:18pm
RonJon wrote:
Everyone is forgetting Marv is up this year. I imagine honda is throwing money his way Honda- MM25, Roczen Kawi- Savatgy, Tomac RB KTM- Webb, AC...
Everyone is forgetting Marv is up this year. I imagine honda is throwing money his way

Honda- MM25, Roczen
Kawi- Savatgy, Tomac
RB KTM- Webb, AC (if he moves up)
RMMC Ktm- Bogle or Hill, Baggett
Husky- Osborne, Anderson Possibly Wilson
JGR- Reed, Possibly Wilson or Mookie
Smarttops- Brayton, Seely, Freise

mattyhamz2 wrote:
Marv isn't going anywhere.
Blair said that he heard marv already had a ktm contract offered up and he didn't sign it. Also word is Honda has been in talks...
Blair said that he heard marv already had a ktm contract offered up and he didn't sign it. Also word is Honda has been in talks with him. Now that the title is basically out of reach for him I think he might be looking for a change
He hasn't signed it yet is what was said....big difference between that and didn't...he just doesn't want to deal with the contract until this SX season is over...he will finish his career at KTM
shortcourse
4/15/2019 3:18pm
Sleapy wrote:
KTM/Husky hasn't won in 450MX since Dungey in 2015, and the last 3 (soon to be 4) winners haven't been with Aldon.

That's going to change this year...
kpiper
4/15/2019 3:40pm
MM stays at KTM but takes a cut in pay. It only makes sense. He will be 30 next year and you could say the same thing about him that you say about Tomac. Something always happens and he does not win the title.

His only question is if he is ok with being the #2 guy next year but I think he will be. Not many guys who are 30 even get a factory contract and there really is no other place for him out there.

Have to agree now it looks like ET stays with Kawi and KR at Honda. But why have none of them announced yet?

But who knows. Maybe we will get a surprise!

The Shop

Sleapy
4/15/2019 5:14pm

That's going to change this year...
Ehhh… based on how Tomac rode in Denver, it looks like he's got this bike figured out now that MW is out (maybe?) I think it's going to be hard to compete against Eli and Kenny outdoors.
DonM
4/15/2019 5:28pm
Bidirella wrote:
What about Musquin to MXGP? Replace Cairoli who will retire at the end of 19 with his 10th world title. Finish his career at home in...
What about Musquin to MXGP? Replace Cairoli who will retire at the end of 19 with his 10th world title.

Finish his career at home in Europe and being KTM DiCarli #1 guy...
Akira wrote:
Carioli is signed through 2020. It'd be cool to see Musquin on Red and Hampshire on white for the next 2 years. I think that's the...
Carioli is signed through 2020.

It'd be cool to see Musquin on Red and Hampshire on white for the next 2 years. I think that's the best for them and they both should benefit from the change.
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Husky already has Ando and Zacho
Hampshire will be on a 250
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
4/15/2019 5:33pm
KTM- MM and Webb Honda - Kroc and AC92 Yamaha - AP7 and Bam Bam Suzuk - Tomac and Reed husqi - Anderson and Wilson Kawasaki...
KTM- MM and Webb
Honda - Kroc and AC92
Yamaha - AP7 and Bam Bam
Suzuk - Tomac and Reed
husqi - Anderson and Wilson
Kawasaki - Savatgy and Hill

I dont see Savatgy leaving kawi so who takes the second bike? Tomac will be leaving Kawi.. Stamp it.
Reed rode better then hill and deserves to stay.That extra year at Suzuki will bring in money and fans, as well as gives them a safe rider until the next hotshot in the 250 class comes through in 2021.
I believe Seeley will retire.
AC92 wanting a change. kroc and AC92 on the same team on hondas... Dream team. Both of them are still so young.

Id love to see Tomac at Honda.. But i believe they will want Kroc to stay over Tomac. Suzuki just seems like a perfect fit for him next year.

Osbourne and wilson... Wilson is a lot younger then Osbourne and that podium proves he has the speed. But where does Osbourne go?

How comes so many guys thinking that seely is gonna retire? Why would he? He is still building and just got a top 5 last race...
How comes so many guys thinking that seely is gonna retire? Why would he? He is still building and just got a top 5 last race, already a heat race win....

Please can somebody explain why he should retire? It‘s more likely a guy like Hill should retire....
Agreed
Cole is NOT going to retire !!
That’s just crazy talk !
toomanykaws
4/15/2019 7:21pm
Its strange how guys allude to Mike W being out at Kawi and now Eli will all of a sudden be in beast mode on out. But he was beast mode when Mike was there the past three years. If Eli was on the 18 KX450 and there was no 19 model things might been lot different this year. Who knows.

MM at Honda would be a neat change.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
4/15/2019 7:25pm
langhammx wrote:
Agreed
Cole is NOT going to retire !!
That’s just crazy talk !
Will there be a Bull Frog hot tub delivery at a beach adjacent house soon? WhistlingSmile
kpiper
4/15/2019 8:20pm
So let's say that things all stay how they are. ET/JS at Kawi. KR/CS at Honda. CW/MM at KTM. Yamaha is set.

Where does AC go then?
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
4/15/2019 8:27pm
kpiper wrote:
So let's say that things all stay how they are. ET/JS at Kawi. KR/CS at Honda. CW/MM at KTM. Yamaha is set. Where does AC go...
So let's say that things all stay how they are. ET/JS at Kawi. KR/CS at Honda. CW/MM at KTM. Yamaha is set.

Where does AC go then?
Adam is going to Honda. Seely to MCR/BullFrog Spa's with a full factory bike.
kpiper
4/15/2019 8:38pm
kpiper wrote:
So let's say that things all stay how they are. ET/JS at Kawi. KR/CS at Honda. CW/MM at KTM. Yamaha is set. Where does AC go...

Where does AC go then?
avidchimp wrote:
Adam is going to Honda. Seely to MCR/BullFrog Spa's with a full factory bike.
You are probably right.
Brett_Clark
4/15/2019 10:22pm
Ac is going to kawi. They have the first right of refusal and monster isnt going to let him go easily and will put up money to keep him there.
Cortami79
4/15/2019 11:42pm
I see KTM TLD getting some big talents. From what i've read is that Roger isn't too impressed with the 250 devision and wants some winners in there.

Also, IMO would be strange to see Musquin on anything other than a KTM to be honest
mxjon454
4/16/2019 12:27am
avidchimp wrote:
Eli isn't going anywhere.
motoman617 wrote:
I agree with this. I think he stays. It sure seems like there is some traction to him being happier now and I saw somewhere he...
I agree with this. I think he stays. It sure seems like there is some traction to him being happier now and I saw somewhere he was talking about setup and next year.

If KTM is cutting back on spending maybe they cannot pay MM25 what he wants. You know if Webb gets the SX title he will be deserving of a bump in salary. Where does that leave MM25? Outside looking in? Honda rumors a bargaining ploy maybe? Hard to see him going to Honda but during the broadcast the other night they were talking about RD saying that with his age MM25 needs to make things happen now. Maybe KTM feels his time is up?
avidchimp wrote:
Marvin gets a two year deal (close to same pay) and finishes his career at KTM. Cooper gets a championship bump in salary and maybe an...
Marvin gets a two year deal (close to same pay) and finishes his career at KTM. Cooper gets a championship bump in salary and maybe an option for a third year (2021). There isn't anyone on the market that can replace Marvin or Cooper until after the 2021 season.

The only real question is where Adam and Joey land for 2020.
Coops KTM deal has a option for a 3rd year. When he showed Yamaha the contract to see what they would counter with Yamaha told him that if he won the championship for them that they will sign him for the next year but would keep the pay the same lol even if he stayed at Yamaha I don’t think he would’ve been in the position he’s in now. There’s a really good interview with Cooper on swapmotolive.com and he provides a ton of insight on his move to KTM and his contract negotiations with Yamaha and stuff. It’s a super good interview.
mxjon454
4/16/2019 12:31am
Antonioni wrote:
The fact that Ciancarulo is a MonsterEnergy guy is not to be overlooked. I don't know if that can match with HRC. And I assume that...
The fact that Ciancarulo is a MonsterEnergy guy is not to be overlooked. I don't know if that can match with HRC. And I assume that Monster push to keep AC92 at Kawa.

Musquin want to race supercross.

Forkner in SX, is regulary injuried (again this year, while the title was almost done). Maybe not the most reliable option from the point of view of KTM.
Honda doesn’t have a energy drink sponser and if he decided to sign with Honda I think Monster would sign him to a personal deal regardless. Akira Narita rides for Honda HRC in Japan and is a monster athlete. Kenny’s Red Bull deal limits his choices because he won’t leave Red Bull.
CPR
4/16/2019 12:31am
There's this little thing called the outdoor season still to come and we haven't even seen the end of the SX season. 99% of this conversation is pure speculation until a few rounds in at least. Plenty of reputations and bargaining power to make or break yet.
mxjon454
4/16/2019 12:39am
Ac is going to kawi. They have the first right of refusal and monster isnt going to let him go easily and will put up money...
Ac is going to kawi. They have the first right of refusal and monster isnt going to let him go easily and will put up money to keep him there.
Adam can take monster as a personal sponser to Honda.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
4/16/2019 1:32am
CPR wrote:
There's this little thing called the outdoor season still to come and we haven't even seen the end of the SX season. 99% of this conversation...
There's this little thing called the outdoor season still to come and we haven't even seen the end of the SX season. 99% of this conversation is pure speculation until a few rounds in at least. Plenty of reputations and bargaining power to make or break yet.
You're discounting the fact most major deals are signed before the outdoors start.
CPR
4/16/2019 1:42am
CPR wrote:
There's this little thing called the outdoor season still to come and we haven't even seen the end of the SX season. 99% of this conversation...
avidchimp wrote:
You're discounting the fact most major deals are signed before the outdoors start.
I'm not discounting that some are, but most? Really?
tek14
4/16/2019 1:51am
People telling Marvin will have pay cut.. what he is getting now and as his results been better year after year why would KTM get him with less money? Giving pay cut will cut motivation for any guy in any work and that is not what KTM wants. If KTM gets Tomac Marvin is gone to maybe satelite KTM but other than that I dont see anyone could be better second rider for KTM now.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
4/16/2019 3:50am
Didn’t read every post so if this has been posted I apologize.

Marvin has an offer to return to KTM but doesn’t want to be around Little Doooshe Coop so he has talked to two other teams.

Ken is returning.

Eli has a third year option, he shopped for a new deal but no takers for the money he wants so he will stay put another year.

Ciancirillo will be Eli’s team mate.

This part is pure speculation, Marvin will ride a Honda next year

tek14
4/16/2019 4:38am
UpTiTe wrote:
Didn’t read every post so if this has been posted I apologize. Marvin has an offer to return to KTM but doesn’t want to be around...

Marvin has an offer to return to KTM but doesn’t want to be around Little Doooshe Coop so he has talked to two other teams.

Ken is returning.

Eli has a third year option, he shopped for a new deal but no takers for the money he wants so he will stay put another year.

Ken returning KTM or Suzuki?
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
4/16/2019 4:49am
UpTiTe wrote:
Didn’t read every post so if this has been posted I apologize. Marvin has an offer to return to KTM but doesn’t want to be around...

Ken is returning.

tek14 wrote:
Ken returning KTM or Suzuki?
Honda.
mxmaniac
4/16/2019 4:55am
UpTiTe wrote:

Ken is returning.

interesting.. is Yamaha locked in with AP7 and JB51?
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
4/16/2019 5:16am
UpTiTe wrote:

Ken is returning.

mxmaniac wrote:
interesting.. is Yamaha locked in with AP7 and JB51?
Yes.
mxb2
4/16/2019 5:40am
UpTiTe wrote:

Ken is returning.

Tomacs next deal.will be his last. And it will be for more than a year.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
4/16/2019 5:45am
UpTiTe wrote:

Ken is returning.

mxb2 wrote:
Ok, but he has an option year left on his current deal that he is taking.
mxb2
4/16/2019 5:47am
UpTiTe wrote:

Ken is returning.

mxb2 wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
Ok, but he has an option year left on his current deal that he is taking.
Yep, stayin green. Getting a truckload of green. Lol.

Post a reply to: Silly season 2020

The Latest