Silly season 2020

kpiper
4/4/2019 4:27pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2019 4:27pm
With the success since RD5, KTM isnt leaving the US, not a chance. I could be wrong, but I don't see Eli and Roger gelling, and...
With the success since RD5, KTM isnt leaving the US, not a chance. I could be wrong, but I don't see Eli and Roger gelling, and unlike Mike Williamson, DeCoster aint going nowhere.
Didn’t say they were leaving the US. I said they wouldn’t sign Tomac. I don’t think it’s in their budget with the talent they already have...
Didn’t say they were leaving the US. I said they wouldn’t sign Tomac. I don’t think it’s in their budget with the talent they already have. Probably don’t want to sign him either.
I think DeCoster and Aldon would love to see what they could do with Eli. Coaches (and they are both that) love coaching great talent. Sure, Johnny T would have to step aside but I don't see why he would not do that.

Aldon took RC, RV, RD and JA to an entirely new level. He is doing the same with CW now. I would think Eli's Dad would want to see if that could happen for his son. Eli only has a couple of years left to pull this off. I realize it is highly unlikely though.

Time for major change.
BS12
4/4/2019 7:23pm
If Jorge Prado wins mx2 throw a cat among the pigeons and reshuffle your predictions Wheres Folkner in his contract as well does he have any...
If Jorge Prado wins mx2 throw a cat among the pigeons and reshuffle your predictions
Wheres Folkner in his contract as well does he have any more years left or does he need to resign?
If Prado wins MX2 and decides he wants to come to the US, but McElrath stays down and the team continue with he Falk and Cantrell, with Forkner and AC wanting to move up, but Kawi are happy with Savatgy, so assuming Forkner stays down and AC goes to HRC Honda, and assuming that Prado wants to stay on a KTM, but a spot opens at JGR with Decotis pointing out, and potentially Pro Circuit with at least one guy moving up, then where does that leave Cole Seely and Dean Wilson? DizzyTongue
ML512
Fantasy
36th
4/4/2019 7:36pm
If Jorge Prado wins mx2 throw a cat among the pigeons and reshuffle your predictions Wheres Folkner in his contract as well does he have any...
If Jorge Prado wins mx2 throw a cat among the pigeons and reshuffle your predictions
Wheres Folkner in his contract as well does he have any more years left or does he need to resign?
Either KTM would directly support him or could place him at TLD. TLD has Smith, McElrath and Drake under contract for next season. Cantrell is out and Falk's deal is up from what I was told. Theoretically, the team could let Falk go to maintain their four man team but also if KTM pushes Prado there they could help pad it so they could run five guys.

The Shop

4/6/2019 1:27pm
ML512 wrote:
Either KTM would directly support him or could place him at TLD. TLD has Smith, McElrath and Drake under contract for next season. Cantrell is out...
Either KTM would directly support him or could place him at TLD. TLD has Smith, McElrath and Drake under contract for next season. Cantrell is out and Falk's deal is up from what I was told. Theoretically, the team could let Falk go to maintain their four man team but also if KTM pushes Prado there they could help pad it so they could run five guys.
We can’t automatically think Prado will be going KTM if he comes over it’s not a given
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
4/6/2019 1:39pm
ML512 wrote:
Either KTM would directly support him or could place him at TLD. TLD has Smith, McElrath and Drake under contract for next season. Cantrell is out...
We can’t automatically think Prado will be going KTM if he comes over it’s not a given
Yes it is, he’s under contract.

The FIM will change the rules to keep him.
KHI Guy
4/6/2019 2:10pm
Why does everyone think that Tomac can go anywhere he wants? I guess I see things differently than everyone else.

Tomac to KTM? KTM has the 1st and 2nd place rider in SX right now. In MX, Musquin will be fast. A healthy Baggett has proven he has Eli's speed. With how well Webb has been so far on the KTM, there is no reason to believe that he won't be as fast or even faster than Tomac outdoors. It's very likely that KTM will be 1and 2 outdoors over a healthy Tomac this summer. If I'm KTM, I tell Eli "Thanks, but no thanks". They do not need Tomac.

Yamaha and Husqvarna are set.

JGR....they are viewed as the second class citizens of the factory teams. Plus there is the going concern after this year.

Honda? Plausible, but......Do they see the Eli Tomac that rode so well on Honda in the past, or the Eli Tomac that has choked away past SX championships, and is imploding right in front of everyones eyes this year? Also, with Cianciarulo being the other guy that will get big money, which one do you do after? Eli is on the down side of his career and Adam has more potential years ahead of him. If I'm Honda, I tell Eli "Don't call us, we'll call you".

Kawi is definitely going to make a play on AC. So if you are Kawi, who do you want on a multi year contract (same question Honda is asking themselves)? Eli or Adam? I think Savatgy stays (with a one year contract), with ET or AC. If Joey underperforms, then Forkner comes up next year. Kawi has options to be great over the next 3-5 years.

So I really think that its the Cianciarulo piece that will be the driving force behind where Tomac ends up.
mx 219
Fantasy
1150th
4/6/2019 5:20pm
KHI Guy wrote:
Why does everyone think that Tomac can go anywhere he wants? I guess I see things differently than everyone else. Tomac to KTM? KTM has the...
Why does everyone think that Tomac can go anywhere he wants? I guess I see things differently than everyone else.

Tomac to KTM? KTM has the 1st and 2nd place rider in SX right now. In MX, Musquin will be fast. A healthy Baggett has proven he has Eli's speed. With how well Webb has been so far on the KTM, there is no reason to believe that he won't be as fast or even faster than Tomac outdoors. It's very likely that KTM will be 1and 2 outdoors over a healthy Tomac this summer. If I'm KTM, I tell Eli "Thanks, but no thanks". They do not need Tomac.

JGR....they are viewed as the second class citizens of the factory teams. Plus there is the going concern after this year.

Honda? Plausible, but......Do they see the Eli Tomac that rode so well on Honda in the past, or the Eli Tomac that has choked away past SX championships, and is imploding right in front of everyones eyes this year? Also, with Cianciarulo being the other guy that will get big money, which one do you do after? Eli is on the down side of his career and Adam has more potential years ahead of him. If I'm Honda, I tell Eli "Don't call us, we'll call you".

Kawi is definitely going to make a play on AC. So if you are Kawi, who do you want on a multi year contract (same question Honda is asking themselves)? Eli or Adam? I think Savatgy stays (with a one year contract), with ET or AC. If Joey underperforms, then Forkner comes up next year. Kawi has options to be great over the next 3-5 years.

So I really think that its the Cianciarulo piece that will be the driving force behind where Tomac ends up.
Eli is the winningest rider in the field, that speaks for itself. I dont believe we are seeing a comfortable Eli Tomac.

I have said it about 10 times in the past month...if I am in Eli's shoes right now I would beg Roger for a ride. Sure, he can win on other brands and he doesnt do well with change (from what we have seen), and maybe he would make more money at Kawi or Honda. However, if this is essentially my last contract Im signing im putting myself on the best equipment for the best chance to win titles and try to get an SX title before I hang it up. Could make up the difference in pay with win bonuses and titles.
Akira
4/6/2019 8:37pm
KHI Guy wrote:
Why does everyone think that Tomac can go anywhere he wants? I guess I see things differently than everyone else. Tomac to KTM? KTM has the...

What were you sayin'?
Lloydcarter
4/7/2019 1:12am
KHI Guy wrote:

You’re comparing supercross speed to outdoor speed. Interesting
mxjon454
4/7/2019 3:22am
Forkners contract is up this year and Star Yamaha is really going to pursue him. I personally think he stays put at PC so he doesn’t burn Kawi for when he moves up to the 450. Plus kawi will have a all new 250 next year that will probably be able to match the Star Yamaha 250 which is the best 250 out there right now. And I don’t think he wants to ride the Yamaha 450 when he moves up so with kawi coming out with a all new 250 that’s probably reason enough to stay. If Prado wins the MX2 title again this year he’ll be forced to move up to the 450 class next year and he’s still super young. I see him coming over here next year with factory KTM.
mxjon454
4/7/2019 3:35am
How many races has Eli won the past 2 1/2 years in SX and MX? Probably over half the races ran. And he has 2 straight outdoor titles. He’s the best 450 outdoor rider that America has and the only reason Musquins been close to him in points outdoors we’re because of bike problems otherwise he would’ve won the outdoor titles early. Marv can’t run Eli’s speed through the whole outdoor season. Why wouldn’t KTM and roger go after him? If they can work on his mental side in Supercross they know that they can have a rider that can dominate and win them both titles. Maybe he’s not gelling with this new kawi and has already made his mind up that he wants to go. Hes still not that far off in points and just moved into 2nd in points. All it can take is Tomac winning and Webb getting an 8th and he’ll be right there.
Dani247
4/7/2019 5:37am
Prado is only 18, if he decides to race in the US, Musquin would stay at Red Bull KTM until Prado moves up, so that's more or less 4 years, if Prado decides to race in the MXGP class, KTM should go for Forkner.

Sorry for my english
Antonioni
4/7/2019 7:02am
No talk about Ferrandis but I guess his contract with Star Yamaha ends this year (?)
Also according to the standards of the MXProRiders, is getting rather old , the moment to move up may be felt insistent.
What does he want?
From what I heard, he is not completely satisfied by the bike and the team. (he is very far from being dissatisfied, but few things were, in a way, not so great)
I suppose that if he is still ready to perform again a 250 season, he can be a really good option for the others 250 top teams (and reciprocally, those teams for Dylan), as KTM/Husqvarna, ProCircuit.
Bandit357
4/7/2019 9:05am
Forkner stays monster kawi. Also
Eli has the best trainer he got to where he is
With his dad
kpiper
4/7/2019 9:42am
I had heard KTM went after Eli some before he went to Kawi. I think it would be right in line with their corporate philosophy to bring him on now. Smart move. MM is going to be 30 years old next year. CW is very good but does not have Eli's raw speed.

I still think Aldon would love to work with Eli. Johnny T needs to step aside for the next 2-3 years and see what is possible. Eli should be a dominate rider right now. He is so close.
mxjon454
4/7/2019 11:20am
Geico needs to sign a heavy hitter IMO. Sexton is going to be good for sure and I know they have JMart coming back next year but other then that they don’t have that championship level guy. I hope JMart comes back strong. Anyone think Ferrandis could end up over there? Or does he have another year on his Star contract?
4/7/2019 11:43am
Imagine how upset the people that loved Marvin pulling over for Dungey and were pissed off about what Tomac did in 2017 Vegas would be if KTM replaced Marvin for Eli. It would be hilarious.
davistld01
4/7/2019 11:59am
mx 219 wrote:
Eli is the winningest rider in the field, that speaks for itself. I dont believe we are seeing a comfortable Eli Tomac. I have said it...
Eli is the winningest rider in the field, that speaks for itself. I dont believe we are seeing a comfortable Eli Tomac.

I have said it about 10 times in the past month...if I am in Eli's shoes right now I would beg Roger for a ride. Sure, he can win on other brands and he doesnt do well with change (from what we have seen), and maybe he would make more money at Kawi or Honda. However, if this is essentially my last contract Im signing im putting myself on the best equipment for the best chance to win titles and try to get an SX title before I hang it up. Could make up the difference in pay with win bonuses and titles.
I tend toward agreeing with that entire post. Frankly Eli is a fool if he hasn’t been taking DeCoster to lunch a few times in the last several weeks.
Antonioni
4/7/2019 12:54pm
mxjon454 wrote:
Geico needs to sign a heavy hitter IMO. Sexton is going to be good for sure and I know they have JMart coming back next year...
Geico needs to sign a heavy hitter IMO. Sexton is going to be good for sure and I know they have JMart coming back next year but other then that they don’t have that championship level guy. I hope JMart comes back strong. Anyone think Ferrandis could end up over there? Or does he have another year on his Star contract?
For 2020 Geico seems already stacked : JMart, Sexton, Hunter Lawrernce, Jett Lawrence, Joe Shimoda.

BTW that makes already many foreigners.
Also since ever, Geico Team never appeared to have any willingness to hire any French rider. (if I remenber well their only attempt, remained only as an attempt, was C.Pourcel for the Outdoors 450 2011)
kpiper
4/7/2019 8:34pm
mx 219 wrote:
Eli is the winningest rider in the field, that speaks for itself. I dont believe we are seeing a comfortable Eli Tomac. I have said it...

davistld01 wrote:
I tend toward agreeing with that entire post. Frankly Eli is a fool if he hasn’t been taking DeCoster to lunch a few times in the...
I tend toward agreeing with that entire post. Frankly Eli is a fool if he hasn’t been taking DeCoster to lunch a few times in the last several weeks.
The timing is right. I think it is more likely Eli goes to Honda BUT KTM has to be looking at him. MM stays as a 3rd guy or joins BB4.

1) Most likely Marv does not win SX this year. KTM won't pay him the same money next year. Will be 30 years old.

2) If true DeCoster liked Eli before he will still want him now. That would be exciting for him and Aldon to take him to another level. Eli is still the fastest guy when he is on. Think how fulfilling it would be for Roger/Aldon to figure out how to keep him "on" all the time.

3) Eli MUST be fed up with the Kawi breaking and having such a hard time getting comfy on the bike. How many times has that bike broken on him over the years? Hard to keep track!

4) Eli said that his big goal is the SX championship. Saying if he won it just once he would feel his career complete. Why would he think he can win it staying on Kawi when up to now he has not? He only has two years left to get it.

To those that say KTM does not have the money, I don't buy that. To get a guy like Eli they would find a way. What would 2020 be like with ET, CW, MM and BB all on KTM and then add in JA21 and ZO16. Geez. They would sell a ton of bikes!

This scenario is one reason though why I think Honda wants him back.

kpiper
4/14/2019 6:00pm
Anyone have a reaction to AC92 denying he has signed a 450 deal for next year in the Denver post-race press conference?

The look on his face when asked was priceless!
280driver
4/14/2019 6:21pm
mx 219 wrote:

davistld01 wrote:
I tend toward agreeing with that entire post. Frankly Eli is a fool if he hasn’t been taking DeCoster to lunch a few times in the...
kpiper wrote:
The timing is right. I think it is more likely Eli goes to Honda BUT KTM has to be looking at him. MM stays as a...
The timing is right. I think it is more likely Eli goes to Honda BUT KTM has to be looking at him. MM stays as a 3rd guy or joins BB4.

1) Most likely Marv does not win SX this year. KTM won't pay him the same money next year. Will be 30 years old.

2) If true DeCoster liked Eli before he will still want him now. That would be exciting for him and Aldon to take him to another level. Eli is still the fastest guy when he is on. Think how fulfilling it would be for Roger/Aldon to figure out how to keep him "on" all the time.

3) Eli MUST be fed up with the Kawi breaking and having such a hard time getting comfy on the bike. How many times has that bike broken on him over the years? Hard to keep track!

4) Eli said that his big goal is the SX championship. Saying if he won it just once he would feel his career complete. Why would he think he can win it staying on Kawi when up to now he has not? He only has two years left to get it.

To those that say KTM does not have the money, I don't buy that. To get a guy like Eli they would find a way. What would 2020 be like with ET, CW, MM and BB all on KTM and then add in JA21 and ZO16. Geez. They would sell a ton of bikes!

He stays at Kawi. He said something along the lines of wanting to get the setup straight before the end of this season so he would be set when next year started. That wouldn’t matter if he was leaving Kawi.
kpiper
4/14/2019 6:24pm
davistld01 wrote:
kpiper wrote:
The timing is right. I think it is more likely Eli goes to Honda BUT KTM has to be looking at him. MM stays as a...

280driver wrote:
He stays at Kawi. He said something along the lines of wanting to get the setup straight before the end of this season so he would...
He stays at Kawi. He said something along the lines of wanting to get the setup straight before the end of this season so he would be set when next year started. That wouldn’t matter if he was leaving Kawi.
I agree with you now. Wrote that before his comment on 'next year' and now that he has figured something out on the bike.
nickm
4/14/2019 6:46pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2019 7:10pm
fun random thoughts:

Suzuki finds money, gets serious again and signs Tomac and Bogle
Honda goes Roczen and AC
Kawasaki goes for youth with Savatgy and Forkner (early bump up to the 450s)
KTM shocks everyone and goes Webb and Wilson
Husky no change with Zach and Anderson
Yamaha goes Barcia and Marv

SEMAC
4/14/2019 7:23pm
is almost comical how some People here think Aldon and De coster are like magicians, and you can o. ly win on a KTM
DonM
4/14/2019 7:41pm
SEMAC wrote:
is almost comical how some People here think Aldon and De coster are like magicians, and you can o. ly win on a KTM
Their record pretty much speaks for itself....
Lloydcarter
4/14/2019 7:46pm
nickm wrote:
fun random thoughts: Suzuki finds money, gets serious again and signs Tomac and Bogle Honda goes Roczen and AC Kawasaki goes for youth with Savatgy and...
fun random thoughts:

Suzuki finds money, gets serious again and signs Tomac and Bogle
Honda goes Roczen and AC
Kawasaki goes for youth with Savatgy and Forkner (early bump up to the 450s)
KTM shocks everyone and goes Webb and Wilson
Husky no change with Zach and Anderson
Yamaha goes Barcia and Marv

Fun drunk thoughts***
Mace-x
4/14/2019 7:47pm
I still think that Tomac would be his best self on a Honda, his Honda years where so amazing, sure, he got the deck hard at times but fuck, he was wining everything by a million seconds so I'd expect a crash would be devastating at those speeds hahaha

Hope he gets back to Honda
Mace-x
4/14/2019 7:48pm
I still think that Tomac would be his best self on a Honda, his Honda years where so amazing, sure, he hit the deck hard at times but fuck, he was wining everything by a million seconds so I'd expect a crash would be devastating at those speeds hahaha

Hope he gets back to Honda

Post a reply to: Silly season 2020

The Latest