Silly Season Update

machine
9/18/2012 5:16pm Edited Date/Time 10/3/2012 8:18am
By Racer -X

Interesting, read the notes, there is some good info in them.

American Honda
Trey Canard - Confirmed
Justin Barcia - Confirmed

Note: Justin Brayton is heading back to JGR Yamaha.

GEICO Honda
Zach Bell - Confirmed
Justin Bogle - Confirmed
Zach Osborne - Confirmed
Wil Hahn - Confirmed
Eli Tomac - Confirmed
Kevin Windham - Confirmed

Note: Expect amateur recruit Matt Bisceglia to jump to the pros next year after Loretta's, and the team may sign another amateur or two soon.

TwoTwo Motorsports Honda
Chad Reed -- Confirmed (Yes, Chad will re-sign himself)

Chaparral Honda
Andrew Short -- Will enter second year of a two-year deal.

Note: This team could be on the look out for a second rider.

Lucas Oil Troy Lee Designs Honda
Cole Seely - Confirmed
Christian Craig - Confirmed
Jessy Nelson -- Confirmed

Notes: All three will ride Lites West SX, and Seely and Craig will ride 450s outdoors next summer. Amateur prospect Shane McElrath has been linked to this team, possibly to debut as a pro at Hangtown next summer.

Monster Energy Kawasaki
Jake Weimer -- Confirmed
Ryan Villopoto -- Confirmed

Pro Circuit Kawasaki
Blake Baggett - Confirmed
Darryn Durham - Confirmed
Martin Davalos - Confirmed

Notes: Dean Wilson is heading to the 450s with Jeff Ward Racing, and Broc Tickle will move to another 450 team. One more PC 250 spot remains for next year, we're hearing amateur names possibly linked to it.

Jeff Ward Racing Kawasaki
Dean Wilson - Confirmed

Note: Josh Grant had a two-year deal, but it was contingent on the JWR team getting the proper sponsorship arrangement to support it. That has not come together, and we hear JG could end up back at his old team, JGR Yamaha.

Yoshimura Suzuki
James Stewart -- Confirmed

Note: Brett Metcalfe's two-year deal with the team is up. We have heard the team may bring him back.

Rockstar Suzuki
Jason Anderson -- Confirmed
Blake Wharton -- Confirmed
Davi Millsaps (450s indoors and out) -- Confirmed
Nico Izzi (Lites SX and 450 outdoors) -- Confirmed
Ryan Sipes -- Confirmed

MotoConcepts
Mike Alessi -- Confirmed
Jake Canada -- Confirmed

Notes: This team started 2012 as a five-rider squad with Vince Friese, Tommy Weeck and Jeff Alessi. We hear Jeff is off to Europe for a few races, not sure on Friese yet. Weeck was SX only with the team.

Red Bull KTM
Ken Roczen -- Confirmed
Marvin Musquin -- Confirmed
Ryan Dungey -- Confirmed

J-Star JDR KTM
Malcolm Stewart -- Confirmed. Mookie just extended his contract.

Note: PJ Larsen is out after two injury-plagued seasons at JDR. Not sure who will be teammates for Stewart yet.

Langston-Witt KTM

The team had already re-signed Les Smith for 2013, but sources say that suddenly the team has pulled the plug on operations and will not race next year (they will still pay Smith for his 2013 salary). Stay tuned for more on this story.

BTOSports KTM
Michael Byrne -- Confirmed
Matt Goerke -- We hear Goerke, who rode SX for the BTOSports Team in 2012 before heading to Canada and landing the MX1 title there, will be full time for BTOSports in 2013.

JGR Yamaha
Justin Brayton -- Brayton will be back with the team he rode for in 2010-2011.
Josh Grant -- Not confirmed but rumors suggest Grant and Brayton will be teamed again at JGR. It's 2010 all over again!

Star Valli Yamaha
Jeremy Martin -- Confirmed
Kyle Cunningham -- Confirmed

Notes: When Star and Valli merged last year that left them with a lot of riders. How many will they bring back for 2013? They also have amateur Cooper Webb in the ranks for a debut sometime next year.

Hart and Huntington
Lots of rumors surrounding this team, including a Suzuki tie-up with Ricky Carmichael's involvement. Broc Tickle has been linked to this outfit. We also hear Josh Hansen may be out. Tickle should be on board for indoors and out, the team will have one other 450 rider, possibly for SX only. Ivan Tedesco may stay with the team in that spot.

Remember, this is not a comprehensive list of every rider and team for 2013--but it's what we know to this date.

Previous
|
kardy
9/18/2012 5:22pm
Hmmm.

Where was that interesting part again?
machine
9/18/2012 5:27pm
kardy wrote:
Hmmm.

do you ever write anything but smart ass comments? How about contributing something for once.
Rmzmoto
9/18/2012 5:27pm
I guess decotis lost his ride
kardy
9/18/2012 5:28pm
kardy wrote:
Hmmm.

machine wrote:
do you ever write anything but smart ass comments? How about contributing something for once.
Not gonna happen. Now, where was the interesting part?

The Shop

machine
9/18/2012 5:34pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2012 5:38pm
kardy wrote:
Not gonna happen. Now, where was the interesting part?
There's nothing interesting, so just move along to your next thread where you will make yet another useless comment.
9/18/2012 7:10pm
Chaparral Honda
Andrew Short -- Will enter second year of a two-year deal.

Note: This team could be on the look out for a second rider.

Someone call me? Looks like I got my self a ride!Tongue
yanks_178
9/18/2012 7:22pm
Langston-Witt KTM

The team had already re-signed Les Smith for 2013, but sources say that suddenly the team has pulled the plug on operations and will not race next year (they will still pay Smith for his 2013 salary). Stay tuned for more on this story.

That sucks about Langston, I hadn't heard that yet.
TheWeapon
Fantasy
53rd
9/18/2012 7:25pm
Last I heard, Matt Moss is still with JDR KTM for supercross.
TheWeapon
Fantasy
53rd
9/18/2012 7:32pm
Josh Hansen? I would much rather see JLaw get another shot at it...
haydos25
Fantasy
3287th
9/18/2012 7:34pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2012 7:37pm
TheWeapon wrote:
Last I heard, Matt Moss is still with JDR KTM for supercross.
Yup, Mossy signed a Supercross only deal with JDR. Im guessing west coast lites, maybe east coast 450, then come back for our summer supercross series. I believe this type of contract should be known as the Josh Hansen plan, you know that deal would be right up his alley if he could get it.

Not a bad gig for a kid who can roll indoors but openly admits to getting homesick. If he can just stay away from those broken mirrors and black cats he should be right. The poor bugger was apparently pretty crook all outdoors this year.
jleews6
9/18/2012 7:37pm
Thanks for the update. I posted about a month ago about TLDs new rider and McElrath is out there now working on something .Im preeety sure that he is going to TLD.
I also have an idea who the new PC lights rider might be. He has been on the team as an amature before.
9/18/2012 7:38pm
Decotis? Nicoletti?

Glad to see Zach Osborne got a good ride, he was flying in the couple rounds he raced last year.
gfmoto
9/18/2012 7:41pm
where's Hill going to wind up?
langhammx
Fantasy
311th
9/18/2012 7:42pm
I'll contribute to this thread to clear a couple things up-

You are correct about Josh Grant. I was surprised to read this, so I called and confirmed it. JWR still does not have a title sponsor and Wilson may end up getting boned too.... WOW

RC is a big part of the H&H team FOR SURE and Tickle has signed a letter of intent as of now. Josh Hansen is OUT for sure as well... good move, IMO Tedesco will be staying at RC's request,. They will be hiring another rider that will not have a huge salary, but will be a development rider with a non-factory bike. Tickle and Tedesco will be riding Factory backed bikes, thanks to RC.

J-Star KTM has hired amateur racer Joey Savategy and I believe one other rider is in the works.

I've heard that Austin Poletelli and also Dillon Epstein have been talking to several teams interested, but no decisions have been made yet. Monster Pro-Circuit being one of them.

Moto-Concepts is talking to a few riders, hoping Chris Plouffe gets the ride, he deserves a shot.

That's all I know, for now...
stella17
9/18/2012 7:45pm
HOPE CHIZ 11 LANDS A GOOD RIDE SOMEWHERE MAYBE STAY AT JWR OR JGR OR H/H MAYBE STAR
langhammx
Fantasy
311th
9/18/2012 7:46pm
I also heard that Justin Hill (Josh's brother), has been talking with Mitch and may end up on a Pro-Circuit bike. That would really surprise me, considering he has been out of the game for a little while.
langhammx
Fantasy
311th
9/18/2012 7:48pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2012 7:49pm
stella17 wrote:
HOPE CHIZ 11 LANDS A GOOD RIDE SOMEWHERE MAYBE STAY AT JWR OR JGR OR H/H MAYBE STAR
Haven't heard anything on Chisolm, but I'm pretty sure that he won't be at any of the first 3 teams mentioned.
langhammx
Fantasy
311th
9/18/2012 7:49pm
gfmoto wrote:
where's Hill going to wind up?
Good question.
stella17
9/18/2012 8:01pm
CHISHOLM FINISHED TOP 10 IN SX 8th OVERALL OUTDOOR EARNED HIS PERM. NUMBER 11 ON YAMAHA I THINK HE BELONGS ON ONE OF THE TOP TEAMS
MXerDW
9/18/2012 8:09pm
stella17 wrote:
CHISHOLM FINISHED TOP 10 IN SX 8th OVERALL OUTDOOR EARNED HIS PERM. NUMBER 11 ON YAMAHA I THINK HE BELONGS ON ONE OF THE TOP TEAMS
Why are you yelling? Please lose the caps.
langhammx
Fantasy
311th
9/18/2012 8:28pm
stella17 wrote:
Maybe he'll end up with Shorty...
MXerDW
9/18/2012 8:34pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2012 8:40pm
langhammx wrote:
Maybe he'll end up with Shorty...
I thought Rattray was going to end up as Short's teammate?
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2761st
9/18/2012 8:36pm
JWR still does not have a title sponsor and Wilson may end up getting boned too.... WOW

Shiiit, that'd be weird if that happened. Would that mean he goes back to PC for a year, or maybe Reed might take him after all?
ML512
Fantasy
32nd
9/18/2012 8:44pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
[i]JWR still does not have a title sponsor and Wilson may end up getting boned too.... WOW[/i] Shiiit, that'd be weird if that happened. Would that...
JWR still does not have a title sponsor and Wilson may end up getting boned too.... WOW

Shiiit, that'd be weird if that happened. Would that mean he goes back to PC for a year, or maybe Reed might take him after all?
Kranyak is still the owner.. they are going racing.. Also H&H i talked to Hart out at a track a week ago, he said he will only have two factory bikes under the tent, no third rider on a production bike as of now. He wanted to but won't be happening this next season at least.
ML512
Fantasy
32nd
9/18/2012 8:47pm
langhammx wrote:
I also heard that Justin Hill (Josh's brother), has been talking with Mitch and may end up on a Pro-Circuit bike. That would really surprise me...
I also heard that Justin Hill (Josh's brother), has been talking with Mitch and may end up on a Pro-Circuit bike. That would really surprise me, considering he has been out of the game for a little while.
Watch him ride SX then you'll see why mitch is interested... btw hows the new suspension working out for ya man?Wink
haydos25
Fantasy
3287th
9/18/2012 8:47pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
[i]JWR still does not have a title sponsor and Wilson may end up getting boned too.... WOW[/i] Shiiit, that'd be weird if that happened. Would that...

That is kinda a big deal, hard to believe a team would sign a rider like Deano without having it all set up in the budget, first but stranger things have happened. Maybe Hanny ends up there and brings monster and all problems are solved.

If the ass does fall out of JWR i guess it depends if Kawi still want Deano on there bike, maybe they pony up a bit of cash and send him back to Mitch for a year or two.

If not KTM were interested from all reports. I dont think there was a factory bike available at 22 motorsports for Deano, theyve got them spread pretty thin among teams over there at the moment.
TeamGreen
9/18/2012 8:57pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:

Maybe another FE gets a Rider?
dirtnapper
9/18/2012 9:03pm
Wheres Travis Baker going? I like that kid!!
Xeno
9/18/2012 9:43pm
Here's some funny math for you: There are at least twelve 450 teams with one or more "Top 10" riders.

American Honda
Geico Honda
TwoTwo Motorsports Honda
Chaparral Honda
Monster Energy Kawasaki
Jeff Ward Racing
Yoshimura Suzuki
Rockstar Suzuki
Motoconcepts
Red Bull KTM
JGR YAMAHA
HART & HUNTINGTON