Silly Season... 2022 !

5/8/2021 10:38am
If I were to guess I would say Tomac to Yamaha Anderson to Kawasaki Plessinger to KTM with Coop and Marv Just a guess of course.....STAMP...
If I were to guess I would say

Tomac to Yamaha

Anderson to Kawasaki

Plessinger to KTM with Coop and Marv

Just a guess of course.....STAMP IT
Boomslang wrote:
Solid info here - I've just been told that Anderson is going to Yamaha and AP7 to GasGas which may help you guess who's going where...
Solid info here - I've just been told that Anderson is going to Yamaha and AP7 to GasGas which may help you guess who's going where.

I doubt Tomac will leave Kawa...if he does it'll have to be for a big pay cut as all the other teams already have heavy hitters.
Thinking my guess is more accurate than your "solid info"
5/8/2021 10:49am Edited Date/Time 5/8/2021 10:51am
mxb2 wrote:
Lol. IG champ over sx champ , yea hrc loves that.
From the data I can find, Atlanta 3 had the most viewers on the season with just over 600K. Every post Ken makes on IG in...
From the data I can find, Atlanta 3 had the most viewers on the season with just over 600K. Every post Ken makes on IG in theory reaches an additional 400k people over those who watched the race.

They might not be super stoked about the situation, but I highly doubt they're extremely upset.
mxb2 wrote:
Agreed, never said it wasnt good exposure but to say social media hits is more important than a title is funny.
I think from the OEM side selling units is most important. How they get there these days is not the same as it was 10-20 years ago. Riders market themselves now, content comes right from them directly. Yeah there is still stuff coming from media outlets but in terms of news about riders or the things people want to see, they now follow the riders more than RacerX, Cyclenews and so on. The days of what wins on Sunday sells on Monday just isn’t what it used to be. If your a racer that may mean something but if your the average or new purchasing type person it’s more about the price and reliability. Hence Wilson, Hansen, Hill and Hodges.
5/8/2021 1:02pm
Wining races and titles isnt worth what it used to be. Personality has value, social media has value, etc. Winning races is still most important but...
Wining races and titles isnt worth what it used to be. Personality has value, social media has value, etc. Winning races is still most important but its not what it was.

FerCzD wrote:
I'm sure HRC is thrilled to have the most likeable 450 rider and social media star. Who cares about championships right?
If HRC truly had a "win or die" than they wouldn't have ran duals, had mellow bikes, sketchy geometry, hired questionable riders ect. Honda knew they...
If HRC truly had a "win or die" than they wouldn't have ran duals, had mellow bikes, sketchy geometry, hired questionable riders ect. Honda knew they were getting a social media darling when they hired Ken and thats exactly what they got. If they really wanted to win they would take a Star Racing approach IMO.

HRC team exists to market Honda and sell bikes.
What would be better advertising for Honda dirt bikes than race wins and championships? You think they are spending all that money and are content with some Instagram posts? I’m sure they are happy to have Kenny, but you’ll never convince me that they are fine with not winning titles because their star rider has a large following on social media.
soulberg3
5/8/2021 1:09pm
Any 250 Silly Season stuff?

The Shop

gt80rider
5/8/2021 2:09pm
Marketing and R&D. Winning is only valued in terms of advertising. I’m sure Honda wants to win, but they are probably happy with Kenny on the...
Marketing and R&D. Winning is only valued in terms of advertising. I’m sure Honda wants to win, but they are probably happy with Kenny on the bike instead I’d Webb.
Advertising is marketing... all racing is marketing
Up Wind
5/8/2021 4:09pm
soulberg3 wrote:
Any 250 Silly Season stuff?
Yes....Its silly to think a blue or red bike won't win all 3 titles next year.
FerCzD
5/8/2021 5:28pm
If HRC truly had a "win or die" than they wouldn't have ran duals, had mellow bikes, sketchy geometry, hired questionable riders ect. Honda knew they...
If HRC truly had a "win or die" than they wouldn't have ran duals, had mellow bikes, sketchy geometry, hired questionable riders ect. Honda knew they were getting a social media darling when they hired Ken and thats exactly what they got. If they really wanted to win they would take a Star Racing approach IMO.

HRC thrives on winning. Marc Marquez comes to mind, before injuries last year he was the man to beat (6 MXGP titles). He is also an social media star, with 5,4 million followers. But he is there because the titles he brings, not the likes.
kiwifan
5/8/2021 5:37pm

FerCzD wrote:
HRC thrives on winning. Marc Marquez comes to mind, before injuries last year he was the man to beat (6 MXGP titles). He is also an...
HRC thrives on winning. Marc Marquez comes to mind, before injuries last year he was the man to beat (6 MXGP titles). He is also an social media star, with 5,4 million followers. But he is there because the titles he brings, not the likes.
I think any Honda fan and HRC want to win a championship, they have been incredibly unlucky in injuries etc with their riders in the previous 10 years or so, other teams have too but Honda have been the unluckiest. I don’t believe in the Honda curse bullshit but certainly unlucky.

I think if they really wanted to win they would open their books and have 3 top riders, to cover their bases. Can’t see them doing that now though.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2550th
5/9/2021 4:38pm
sooo any word on if HRC are keeping the 250 team?
MXMattii
5/9/2021 5:06pm
Marketing and R&D. Winning is only valued in terms of advertising. I’m sure Honda wants to win, but they are probably happy with Kenny on the...
Marketing and R&D. Winning is only valued in terms of advertising. I’m sure Honda wants to win, but they are probably happy with Kenny on the bike instead I’d Webb.
gt80rider wrote:
Advertising is marketing... all racing is marketing
Some young marketeers think they can sell as much unites without spending millions on riders and bikes. I've talked with some of them and they are very convinced of their vision. A vision that is miles away from the old saying "Win on Sunday sell on Monday".
Spat24
Fantasy
1140th
5/9/2021 6:08pm
Any news on HEP or BarX?
tek14
5/9/2021 10:47pm
Where Craig will go if Star 450 team is full?
Snapper
5/10/2021 6:47am
Why wouldn't they?
Up Wind
5/10/2021 9:24am
tek14 wrote:
PC on a 250 next year probably. Heard they were adding a day care facility semi.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
5/10/2021 9:38am
tek14 wrote:
Star 250.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2550th
5/10/2021 3:52pm
Snapper wrote:
Why wouldn't they?
was only a 1 year deal to run the 250 program
MelonFan123
5/10/2021 4:59pm
Snapper wrote:
Why wouldn't they?
was only a 1 year deal to run the 250 program
A one year deal with whom, themselves?
Mixon848
5/10/2021 5:20pm Edited Date/Time 5/10/2021 5:21pm
Honda Motor Co. Ltd only approved a race program and race budget for a 250 Team for 1 year. Honda Racing Corporation (HRC) is a division/subsidiary of Honda Motor Co. Ltd and has to put together a sponsorship proposal and budget plan for Honda Motor Co. Ltd, just as they would if they were searching for any other outside sponsorship. The Marketing/Advertising division of Honda Motor Co. Ltd can deny the sponsorship request of Honda Racing Corporation (HRC) just like any other company that they are searching for sponsorship from. It all comes down to business and budget. Supply and demand. It all comes down Sales and generating revenue "to increase shareholder value." The Presidents, CEO's, COO's only care about those things, they have no emotional nor personal attachments.
mirramaxx
5/10/2021 8:14pm
So, HRC 250 team is no more AFTER the Nationals ??
Mixon848
5/10/2021 8:22pm
mirramaxx wrote:
So, HRC 250 team is no more AFTER the Nationals ??
They will give the announcement to the "masses" of if they will continue the Honda Factory 250 Team in October.
Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
5/10/2021 10:19pm Edited Date/Time 5/10/2021 10:20pm
If I were to guess I would say Tomac to Yamaha Anderson to Kawasaki Plessinger to KTM with Coop and Marv Just a guess of course.....STAMP...
If I were to guess I would say

Tomac to Yamaha

Anderson to Kawasaki

Plessinger to KTM with Coop and Marv

Just a guess of course.....STAMP IT
Boomslang wrote:
Solid info here - I've just been told that Anderson is going to Yamaha and AP7 to GasGas which may help you guess who's going where...
Solid info here - I've just been told that Anderson is going to Yamaha and AP7 to GasGas which may help you guess who's going where.

I doubt Tomac will leave Kawa...if he does it'll have to be for a big pay cut as all the other teams already have heavy hitters.
Thinking my guess is more accurate than your "solid info"
Ya, your guess was better than mine. No axe to grind.

MelonFan123
5/10/2021 10:49pm
Mixon848 wrote:
Honda Motor Co. Ltd only approved a race program and race budget for a 250 Team for 1 year. Honda Racing Corporation (HRC) is a division/subsidiary...
Honda Motor Co. Ltd only approved a race program and race budget for a 250 Team for 1 year. Honda Racing Corporation (HRC) is a division/subsidiary of Honda Motor Co. Ltd and has to put together a sponsorship proposal and budget plan for Honda Motor Co. Ltd, just as they would if they were searching for any other outside sponsorship. The Marketing/Advertising division of Honda Motor Co. Ltd can deny the sponsorship request of Honda Racing Corporation (HRC) just like any other company that they are searching for sponsorship from. It all comes down to business and budget. Supply and demand. It all comes down Sales and generating revenue "to increase shareholder value." The Presidents, CEO's, COO's only care about those things, they have no emotional nor personal attachments.
So tell me oh “he who uses bold font to make his point” - how exactly does Honda determine what generates sales and by how much?

Honda ain’t letting go of the Lawrence bros with a one and done factory effort unless someone (Hewitt?) steps up with a solid program with sound financial backing.
Up Wind
5/17/2021 8:34pm
Mixon848 wrote:
Honda Motor Co. Ltd only approved a race program and race budget for a 250 Team for 1 year. Honda Racing Corporation (HRC) is a division/subsidiary...
So tell me oh “he who uses bold font to make his point” - how exactly does Honda determine what generates sales and by how much...
So tell me oh “he who uses bold font to make his point” - how exactly does Honda determine what generates sales and by how much?

Honda ain’t letting go of the Lawrence bros with a one and done factory effort unless someone (Hewitt?) steps up with a solid program with sound financial backing.
Wow...Great bad opinions in my bad opinion Smile
shuggs
5/18/2021 3:48am
So tell me oh “he who uses bold font to make his point” - how exactly does Honda determine what generates sales and by how much...

Like the sound of Hewitt coming back with 250 team, would also hope for 1 450 rider - Jason given their history👍
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
5/18/2021 5:09am
The HRC 250 effort is going nowhere as long as the Lawrence brothers are there. The older brother got a raise and a contract extension for getting second in the series.
mirramaxx
5/18/2021 5:52am
October should be a good month !
Zycki11
5/18/2021 8:31am
UpTiTe wrote:
The HRC 250 effort is going nowhere as long as the Lawrence brothers are there. The older brother got a raise and a contract extension for...
The HRC 250 effort is going nowhere as long as the Lawrence brothers are there. The older brother got a raise and a contract extension for getting second in the series.
It doesn’t make sense for Honda to let them go. All this means is that currently it’s a 1 year gig. Doesn’t mean they can’t have a new contract in hand or if they haven’t already started the new contract with signatures
Bidirella
5/20/2021 1:11am
Crazy to think what can happen in one year. Last year you’re close to getting a 250SX title, next year you’re out off a ride. Must be tough for Shane.

Hopefully he can find/land somewhere decent, dude can ride when he is healthy.

Post a reply to: Silly Season... 2022 !

The Latest