Silly Season... 2022 !

nskerb
4/28/2021 6:44am
About the MotoConcepts team maybe not being back... One of the matthes/pulp podcasts just barely mentioned something about Bobby Hewitt getting Honda support rumors. Maybe there is something to that.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
4/28/2021 8:35am
CG118 wrote:
So which 450 guys are still at Bakers?
UpTiTe wrote:
Webb and Moosecan.

But Webb has been spending a lot of time with Swanny this season.
That's pretty interesting. Is he getting burnt out working with Aldon?
LungButter
4/28/2021 8:39am
tek14 wrote:
Motoconcept has so weak lineup for this season that there was not much to get out of it when whole A-group of riders were still riding...
Motoconcept has so weak lineup for this season that there was not much to get out of it when whole A-group of riders were still riding. They should have kept Stewart happy as their n.1 rider.

Osborne leaving Baker is just last push or getting ready to call it? He had pretty bad injuries lately and he is not young anymore. He got championship so is there more to risk anymore?
ZachO leaving Baker could be partially financially motivated as well, from listening to interviews with Zach he seems to be a pretty "cheap" guy and if rumors are true it's a BIG investment to work with Baker.

robotsfrom
4/28/2021 9:45am
UpTiTe wrote:
They made him move up to early. He did ok right up until he crashed and hurt himself, but he wasn’t ready His team did not...
They made him move up to early. He did ok right up until he crashed and hurt himself, but he wasn’t ready

His team did not want him to move up, but they made him.
robotsfrom wrote:
They did give hime a three year contract which is a year longer than a normal rookie contract in order to lessen the pressure of the...
They did give hime a three year contract which is a year longer than a normal rookie contract in order to lessen the pressure of the first year.

Also, nothing about the races he completed said he was in over his head. He looked better than most of the rookies the last few years. Injuries happen. He'll be back.
88FYNN88 wrote:
From what I read KTM only wanted to give him a 2-year deal but his dad refused and said the only way he will move up...
From what I read KTM only wanted to give him a 2-year deal but his dad refused and said the only way he will move up is if it's a 3-year deal.

Also, with Thrasher gone and Volhand already in the 250s. Who is their next up amature? Daxton and Deegan? Does KTM have anyone else?
It seems like Daxton is their next guy. I don't know enough about the 85 and super mini classes to have a good idea on who's next, but it seems like every year a kid shines on the 250's when he moves up. So maybe they'll find someone.

As far as Deegan goes I think he's in a position where he can ride the best bike for the class. His dad has stated that they're on KTM's cause they're the best minis. So, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to a Yamaha when he's ready for a 250.

The Shop

robotsfrom
4/28/2021 9:47am
It may have already been stated, but is it possible MotoConcepts is struggling with bikes this year because they lost the factory Honda backing they had when Brayton was working with the team?

Brayton stated in an interview that Honda wanted to give him factory support and so they found a team in MotoConcepts to do that with. Now that Brayton is gone I assume the support went too.
88FYNN88
4/28/2021 9:51am
robotsfrom wrote:
They did give hime a three year contract which is a year longer than a normal rookie contract in order to lessen the pressure of the...
They did give hime a three year contract which is a year longer than a normal rookie contract in order to lessen the pressure of the first year.

Also, nothing about the races he completed said he was in over his head. He looked better than most of the rookies the last few years. Injuries happen. He'll be back.
88FYNN88 wrote:
From what I read KTM only wanted to give him a 2-year deal but his dad refused and said the only way he will move up...
From what I read KTM only wanted to give him a 2-year deal but his dad refused and said the only way he will move up is if it's a 3-year deal.

Also, with Thrasher gone and Volhand already in the 250s. Who is their next up amature? Daxton and Deegan? Does KTM have anyone else?
robotsfrom wrote:
It seems like Daxton is their next guy. I don't know enough about the 85 and super mini classes to have a good idea on who's...
It seems like Daxton is their next guy. I don't know enough about the 85 and super mini classes to have a good idea on who's next, but it seems like every year a kid shines on the 250's when he moves up. So maybe they'll find someone.

As far as Deegan goes I think he's in a position where he can ride the best bike for the class. His dad has stated that they're on KTM's cause they're the best minis. So, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to a Yamaha when he's ready for a 250.
Very good point, when Hayden hits a 250 he will 100% be on a different bike. Monster is the family's biggest sponsor so, I could see him going to Monster Energy backed team (Yamaha or Kawi).
Conkey
4/28/2021 10:09am
CG118 wrote:
So which 450 guys are still at Bakers?
UpTiTe wrote:
Webb and Moosecan.

But Webb has been spending a lot of time with Swanny this season.
mattyhamz2 wrote:
That's pretty interesting. Is he getting burnt out working with Aldon?
Wasn't he working with Swanny at his Star days?
TooTallJason
Fantasy
826th
4/28/2021 10:20am
88FYNN88 wrote:

robotsfrom wrote:
It seems like Daxton is their next guy. I don't know enough about the 85 and super mini classes to have a good idea on who's...

88FYNN88 wrote:
Very good point, when Hayden hits a 250 he will 100% be on a different bike. Monster is the family's biggest sponsor so, I could see...
Very good point, when Hayden hits a 250 he will 100% be on a different bike. Monster is the family's biggest sponsor so, I could see him going to Monster Energy backed team (Yamaha or Kawi).
Additionally, he's also a Thor rider just like the Star team.
tek14
4/28/2021 11:38am
88FYNN88 wrote:

robotsfrom wrote:

88FYNN88 wrote:
Very good point, when Hayden hits a 250 he will 100% be on a different bike. Monster is the family's biggest sponsor so, I could see...
When he hits 250f KTM family will have new bike and 3 teams to choose from.
Bidirella
4/28/2021 11:44am
Why would Motoconcepts quit after one bad season? Must be something more then that IMO. They’ve been around quit sometime with more bad results..

To be honest, what did they expect with this line up? Have al 4 guys multiple times in the top 10?
Not hating on the guys, but with this field they aren’t a top 10 guy. Mcelrath could be a shootout but didn’t show much because off injury.
DJAKE
4/28/2021 11:04pm
tek14 wrote:
When he hits 250f KTM family will have new bike and 3 teams to choose from.
Yes, but none of those teams are backed by Monster...
jbrown15
4/28/2021 11:33pm
I thought Wedge said in his Podcast with Zach that he's still with Aldon Baker but has just been riding at ClubMX?
4/29/2021 1:22am
jbrown15 wrote:
I thought Wedge said in his Podcast with Zach that he's still with Aldon Baker but has just been riding at ClubMX?
Did Zac not part own Club mx at one time? If so im sure he has connections there. Plus its good advertisement to have the reigning national mx champion doing some practice at your facility
Heggo
5/5/2021 3:52pm
With Mookie out and Tomac to Star rumor, is anyone else out at Star to make way for Eli or from a big offer like Ples to KTM rumour? Does Marv get moved sideways to RS/Husq to make way for Ples at RB/KTM? Sounded like Marv was pleading for a ride on SLC2 podium?

Interesting times

Shake 'em up, shake 'em up, shake 'em up, shake 'em
Roll 'em in a circle of niggas
And watch me break 'em with the 7, 7-11, 7-11, 7
5/5/2021 5:04pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2021 6:21pm
If I were to guess I would say

Tomac to Yamaha

Anderson to Kawasaki

Plessinger to KTM with Coop and Marv

Just a guess of course.....STAMP IT
davistld01
5/5/2021 5:40pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2021 5:41pm
Is Dean Wilson’s contract up at the end of the season? I like the guy...but he hasn’t exactly been setting the world on fire.
Mavetism
5/5/2021 6:16pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2021 6:17pm
I'm still wondering what that was all about.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMqbry0AIKN/

For those who didn't see his original post (deleted the description), he said something like "You guys would never believe what kind of rumors I've heard today".

Even tho Ken is signed through 2022, could we see an early change?

B Gotti
Fantasy
4205th
5/5/2021 6:33pm
Forkner is taking the kawi gig.
Heggo
5/5/2021 6:40pm
davistld01 wrote:
Is Dean Wilson’s contract up at the end of the season? I like the guy...but he hasn’t exactly been setting the world on fire.
Not sure on Deano, had a 1 year deal for 20 and maybe got another 1 year extension for 21? He has a lot of fans and good with the socials thing so maybe still there? Also lost some fans with the road block at H3 (Bauer at least).

Davalos has retired so that should open a up a spot at RS Husqy provided no 450 rider number cutbacks? That's why I see Marv moving across to Husqy with Deano and JA21???? to make way for AP7 at RB/KTM. Or possibly another 450 at TLD/GG keeping his RB helmet deal and ongoing support from Pierer Group? He's been loyal there and I think they find room for him somewhere. I'd take Marv over Deano all day based on results.
LungButter
5/5/2021 6:53pm
Heggo wrote:
Not sure on Deano, had a 1 year deal for 20 and maybe got another 1 year extension for 21? He has a lot of fans...
Not sure on Deano, had a 1 year deal for 20 and maybe got another 1 year extension for 21? He has a lot of fans and good with the socials thing so maybe still there? Also lost some fans with the road block at H3 (Bauer at least).

Davalos has retired so that should open a up a spot at RS Husqy provided no 450 rider number cutbacks? That's why I see Marv moving across to Husqy with Deano and JA21???? to make way for AP7 at RB/KTM. Or possibly another 450 at TLD/GG keeping his RB helmet deal and ongoing support from Pierer Group? He's been loyal there and I think they find room for him somewhere. I'd take Marv over Deano all day based on results.
Davalos has been riding for Team Tedder the last 2 seasons....
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
5/5/2021 7:37pm
davistld01 wrote:
Yeah, he was on a 1 year deal.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
5/5/2021 9:09pm
If I were to guess I would say Tomac to Yamaha Anderson to Kawasaki Plessinger to KTM with Coop and Marv Just a guess of course.....STAMP...
If I were to guess I would say

Tomac to Yamaha

Anderson to Kawasaki

Plessinger to KTM with Coop and Marv

Just a guess of course.....STAMP IT
Solid info here - I've just been told that Anderson is going to Yamaha and AP7 to GasGas which may help you guess who's going where.

I doubt Tomac will leave Kawa...if he does it'll have to be for a big pay cut as all the other teams already have heavy hitters.
MX304
Fantasy
3763rd
5/5/2021 9:50pm
I'd guess Eli to Star, JA21 to GasGas, or maybe Star. AP7 to Red Bull KTM, or maybe Husky, Mookie on a possible one year SX only deal at Kawi, then Forkner moves up to 450s for the '22 Outdoor series.
Bot
5/6/2021 1:24am
MX304 wrote:
I'd guess Eli to Star, JA21 to GasGas, or maybe Star. AP7 to Red Bull KTM, or maybe Husky, Mookie on a possible one year SX...
I'd guess Eli to Star, JA21 to GasGas, or maybe Star. AP7 to Red Bull KTM, or maybe Husky, Mookie on a possible one year SX only deal at Kawi, then Forkner moves up to 450s for the '22 Outdoor series.
Matthes said something about JA21 going to kawi or with hewitts new team
Motofinne
5/6/2021 1:50am Edited Date/Time 5/6/2021 2:22am
The pieces will probably fall into place pretty quick when Tomac's deal is signed, whether he stays with Kawasaki or leaves to Yamaha.

I do hope he goes to Yamaha, that would be pretty cool and it would probably result in a lot of riders moving around.
Bidirella
5/6/2021 3:24am
What is Nichols doing? Staying another year on 250 or is he gonna get picked up on a 450 ride
Hegz
5/6/2021 3:53am
Bidirella wrote:
What is Nichols doing? Staying another year on 250 or is he gonna get picked up on a 450 ride
He will stay and defend 2022, then move up 2023.
Sully
5/6/2021 3:53am
Bidirella wrote:
He gets to defend next year. If you check Racer X, they did a breakdown a week or so ago.
JBlain619
5/6/2021 7:11am Edited Date/Time 5/6/2021 7:20am
Boomslang wrote:
Solid info here - I've just been told that Anderson is going to Yamaha and AP7 to GasGas which may help you guess who's going where...
Solid info here - I've just been told that Anderson is going to Yamaha and AP7 to GasGas which may help you guess who's going where.

I doubt Tomac will leave Kawa...if he does it'll have to be for a big pay cut as all the other teams already have heavy hitters.
Nope. As of midnight last night, none of that info is correct.
MXMattii
5/6/2021 8:51am
Eli Tomac 》Star Yamaha
JA21 》Bobby Hewitt Honda (Could be Kawasaki)
Deano 》Bobby Hewitt
AP7 》Husqvarna (or KTM)
MM25 》KTM (or Husqvarna)

The big question is, what role will Blake Baggett play in this Silly Season. He could be Kawasaki's solution.

Post a reply to: Silly Season... 2022 !

The Latest