Silly Season...

Payup_199
8/27/2020 11:52am
ML512 wrote:
I actually have a B rider selected already. Although, Carter’s name was brought up by one of our sponsors, but sadly he’s been in B class...
I actually have a B rider selected already. Although, Carter’s name was brought up by one of our sponsors, but sadly he’s been in B class for a few years now, so I wasn’t able to consider him further.
I believe after lorettas he has moved to A now and his younger brother moved to B. They both just did some races in the midwest in those classes
Cortami79
8/27/2020 12:32pm
Anderson will not be leaving Husky. He is already locked in for the rest of his career and after
soulberg3 wrote:
I kinda figured, but I thought if he was going to leave, it'd be when Bobby did. Husky got him locked up though lol
Shredder wrote:
Since KTM owns both brands, I'm sure they can move some guys around if they want, kind of like they did with Coldenhoff in MXGP.
Seems like they will move a little around in Europe as well. Olsen is moving up to MXGP and Jonass maybe to GasGas?
kiwifan
8/27/2020 2:32pm
kiwifan wrote:
I dont think Gas Gas will have their own team ...imho
DonM wrote:
Already done...TLD Gas Gas
oh I didnt know that, ta
system
8/27/2020 3:07pm Edited Date/Time 8/27/2020 3:08pm
On Matthes's show today, Truman pretty much confirmed Barcia to TLD Gas Gas, Ferrandis stays with Star Yamaha, Mookie in talks with Star and another brand, and McElrath/Star are asking the AMA for an exemption to stay in 250. They did say that BB4 has been pretty open about issues surrounding RMATV KTM...I don't remember anyone on the show hinting that the team might dissolve.

Question is, what happens to KTM's factory 250 effort and who will ride for them?

The Shop

mirramaxx
8/27/2020 3:36pm Edited Date/Time 8/27/2020 3:40pm
system wrote:
On Matthes's show today, Truman pretty much confirmed Barcia to TLD Gas Gas, Ferrandis stays with Star Yamaha, Mookie in talks with Star and another brand...
On Matthes's show today, Truman pretty much confirmed Barcia to TLD Gas Gas, Ferrandis stays with Star Yamaha, Mookie in talks with Star and another brand, and McElrath/Star are asking the AMA for an exemption to stay in 250. They did say that BB4 has been pretty open about issues surrounding RMATV KTM...I don't remember anyone on the show hinting that the team might dissolve.

Question is, what happens to KTM's factory 250 effort and who will ride for them?

Dang wonder why Shane wants to stay in the 250 class. What are the issues going on with the Rocky Mountain team ?
hamncheeze
8/27/2020 4:13pm Edited Date/Time 8/27/2020 4:16pm
system wrote:
On Matthes's show today, Truman pretty much confirmed Barcia to TLD Gas Gas, Ferrandis stays with Star Yamaha, Mookie in talks with Star and another brand...

If the GasGas TLD team takes two 250 riders I'm guessing Brown and Drake. Then RedBull-KTM will take Hartranft and hopefully Marchbanks under the KTM factory tent?

Regarding McElrath, there was some agreement that if SX was stopped before all the rounds could happen that point out rules would not be enforced, as discussed by Truman and Matthes. But they all happened. I'm wondering if the petition for McElrath is based on there not being the additional E/W Showdown round and that somehow affected his season?? Just guessing, otherwise seems like he doesn't have much to petition.
B Gotti
Fantasy
4205th
8/27/2020 4:34pm
system wrote:

hamncheeze wrote:
If the GasGas TLD team takes two 250 riders I'm guessing Brown and Drake. Then RedBull-KTM will take Hartranft and hopefully Marchbanks under the KTM factory...
If the GasGas TLD team takes two 250 riders I'm guessing Brown and Drake. Then RedBull-KTM will take Hartranft and hopefully Marchbanks under the KTM factory tent?

Regarding McElrath, there was some agreement that if SX was stopped before all the rounds could happen that point out rules would not be enforced, as discussed by Truman and Matthes. But they all happened. I'm wondering if the petition for McElrath is based on there not being the additional E/W Showdown round and that somehow affected his season?? Just guessing, otherwise seems like he doesn't have much to petition.
Hopefully someone will file a protest against it.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
8/27/2020 5:33pm
hamncheeze wrote:
If the GasGas TLD team takes two 250 riders I'm guessing Brown and Drake. Then RedBull-KTM will take Hartranft and hopefully Marchbanks under the KTM factory...

So you’re guessing on riders , correct ?
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
8/27/2020 5:36pm
system wrote:

Mookie took McElraths spot on the 450...
I doubt they will get anywhere with an exemption, but who knows, it’s 2020 !
But I’d be willing to bet that they keep him on a 450, if the exemption fails. But I’m only guessing on that.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
8/27/2020 5:45pm
hamncheeze wrote:

langhammx wrote:
Brown is more likely to be at KTM then any of the riders on TLD currently.
Sully
8/27/2020 6:44pm
Riders on the market- 450- Ju. Hill Bloss Bogle Bowers Tickle Chisholm Cunningham Breece Blose Noren 250- Lopes Peters Owen Bailey Short Jo. Hill Crown Osby...
Riders on the market-

450-
Ju. Hill
Bloss
Bogle
Bowers
Tickle
Chisholm
Cunningham
Breece
Blose
Noren

250-
Lopes
Peters
Owen
Bailey
Short
Jo. Hill
Crown
Osby
Sanayei
Robin
Schock
Rodbell
Oldenburg
Hayes
Brown
Falk
Hopefully HEP can draw some bigger sponsors and go after Bogle, Tickle or Noren. All 3 ride the Suzuki well, and Anstie proved last weekend that they can build a capable bike.
yurcho44
8/27/2020 6:53pm
ML512 wrote:
Brown is more likely to be at KTM then any of the riders on TLD currently.
I agree. Brown has the most potential on TLD at the moment.
Flattrack88
8/27/2020 7:04pm
Riders on the market- 450- Ju. Hill Bloss Bogle Bowers Tickle Chisholm Cunningham Breece Blose Noren 250- Lopes Peters Owen Bailey Short Jo. Hill Crown Osby...
Riders on the market-

450-
Ju. Hill
Bloss
Bogle
Bowers
Tickle
Chisholm
Cunningham
Breece
Blose
Noren

250-
Lopes
Peters
Owen
Bailey
Short
Jo. Hill
Crown
Osby
Sanayei
Robin
Schock
Rodbell
Oldenburg
Hayes
Brown
Falk
Sully wrote:
Hopefully HEP can draw some bigger sponsors and go after Bogle, Tickle or Noren. All 3 ride the Suzuki well, and Anstie proved last weekend that...
Hopefully HEP can draw some bigger sponsors and go after Bogle, Tickle or Noren. All 3 ride the Suzuki well, and Anstie proved last weekend that they can build a capable bike.
Twisted tea was already a big get for them. Hope it leads to more good riders
RalphS
8/27/2020 9:38pm
system wrote:

If true I don't blame SM12 but shady, guy is gaining no fans with his off track moves.
hamncheeze
8/27/2020 11:47pm
hamncheeze wrote:

langhammx wrote:
Full on guessing. No insider knowledge here. I'd really like to know the basis around McElrath's petition to stay in the 250 class.
Radical
Fantasy
2384th
8/28/2020 12:24am
Barcia said today that he's not on Yamaha next year, at least for now.
I would imagine Yamaha wants to bring in Dylan Ferrandis next year, and they still have a year contract with Plessinger. So Barcia is out, sort of.
I don't know if anyone noticed, but in moto 2 of LL1, Barcia went from a first turn crash to 8th in 3 laps.
http://americanmotocrossresults.com/xml/MX/events/M2005/M1F2LAP.pdf

If he keeps riding how he is, he'll be a contender for the championship this year.
He rode well on Honda, but it seems the Yamaha fits him now. I'm hoping he wins this championship and stays Blue.

Sully
8/28/2020 2:31am
Riders on the market-

450-
Ju. Hill
Bloss
Bogle
Bowers
Tickle
Chisholm
Cunningham
Breece
Blose
Noren

250-
Lopes
Peters
Owen
Bailey
Short
Jo. Hill
Crown
Osby
Sanayei
Robin
Schock
Rodbell
Oldenburg
Hayes
Brown
Falk
Sully wrote:
Hopefully HEP can draw some bigger sponsors and go after Bogle, Tickle or Noren. All 3 ride the Suzuki well, and Anstie proved last weekend that...
Twisted tea was already a big get for them. Hope it leads to more good riders
Forgot they were sponsored by them. That should be deep enough pockets to net any of those 3 guys.
Yaboy88
8/28/2020 2:58am
Isn't Anstie looking for a ride next year? Could he end up at JGR?
8/28/2020 5:23am
How long is Plessinger out? I feel for that dude. Seems like a great guy, and he was outstandable on 250's, but 450's have not been kind to him.
Buckland
8/28/2020 5:53am
system wrote:

RalphS wrote:
If true I don't blame SM12 but shady, guy is gaining no fans with his off track moves.
McElrath needs to beat it. He and Craig need to get out of the 250s.
EngIceDave
8/28/2020 5:56am
Play team manager,
You have one seat available for a 450 ride.
A good ride, let’s say it’s RMATVKTM....

Of the list below....who do you choose? .....Along with would want it, what the team can afford, Who KTM would be ok with, no gear deal issues (some teams include gear deals)

Riders on the market-

450-
Ju. Hill
Bloss
Bogle
Bowers
Tickle
Chisholm
Cunningham
Breece
Blose
Noren

250-
Lopes
Peters
Owen
Bailey
Short
Jo. Hill
Crown
Osby
Sanayei
Robin
Schock
Rodbell
Oldenburg
Hayes
Brown
Falk
imoto31
8/28/2020 6:06am
yurcho44 wrote:
what about Volland???
TMessi111
8/28/2020 6:13am
yurcho44 wrote:
imoto31 wrote:
what about Volland???
He won’t be racing professionally for at least 2 years. His dad is bringing him on slowly even though he’s super fast already. I think they want him to get a wide range of experience, like going to Europe for the GP’s
ML512
Fantasy
54th
8/28/2020 6:25am
EngIceDave wrote:
Play team manager, You have one seat available for a 450 ride. A good ride, let’s say it’s RMATVKTM.... Of the list below....who do you choose...
Play team manager,

Of the list below....who do you choose? .....Along with would want it, what the team can afford, Who KTM would be ok with, no gear deal issues (some teams include gear deals)

Riders on the market-

450-
Ju. Hill
Bloss
Bogle
Bowers
Tickle
Chisholm
Cunningham
Breece
Blose
Noren

250-
Lopes
Peters
Owen
Bailey
Short
Jo. Hill
Crown
Osby
Sanayei
Robin
Schock
Rodbell
Oldenburg
Hayes
Brown
Falk
Ju. Hill back at MCR.

Peters, Lopes, Crown, Blose, Schock all have rides for 2021.
mag23
8/28/2020 6:52am
yurcho44 wrote:
imoto31 wrote:
what about Volland???
TMessi111 wrote:
He won’t be racing professionally for at least 2 years. His dad is bringing him on slowly even though he’s super fast already. I think they...
He won’t be racing professionally for at least 2 years. His dad is bringing him on slowly even though he’s super fast already. I think they want him to get a wide range of experience, like going to Europe for the GP’s
There are some pretty interesting discussions going on right now with MaxV711
imoto31
8/28/2020 7:01am
imoto31 wrote:
what about Volland???
TMessi111 wrote:
He won’t be racing professionally for at least 2 years. His dad is bringing him on slowly even though he’s super fast already. I think they...
mag23 wrote:
Max will be under the factory KTM tent, just saying!
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
8/28/2020 7:04am
TMessi111 wrote:
mag23 wrote:
imoto31 wrote:
Max will be under the factory KTM tent, just saying!
After Thrasher
orange_44
8/28/2020 7:49am
EngIceDave wrote:
Play team manager, You have one seat available for a 450 ride. A good ride, let’s say it’s RMATVKTM.... Of the list below....who do you choose...
Play team manager,

Riders on the market-

450-
Ju. Hill
Bloss
Bogle
Bowers
Tickle
Chisholm
Cunningham
Breece
Blose
Noren

250-
Lopes
Peters
Owen
Bailey
Short
Jo. Hill
Crown
Osby
Sanayei
Robin
Schock
Rodbell
Oldenburg
Hayes
Brown
Falk
That’s easy. Either bloss or tickle
system
8/28/2020 7:52am Edited Date/Time 8/28/2020 11:00am
EngIceDave wrote:
Play team manager,

Riders on the market-

450-
Ju. Hill
Bloss
Bogle
Bowers
Tickle
Chisholm
Cunningham
Breece
Blose
Noren

250-
Lopes
Peters
Owen
Bailey
Short
Jo. Hill
Crown
Osby
Sanayei
Robin
Schock
Rodbell
Oldenburg
Hayes
Brown
Falk
orange_44 wrote:
That’s easy. Either bloss or tickle
Agree, but I don't know that Tickle can afford to give up the FXR money and Benny has a history with Fly.

Post a reply to: Silly Season...

The Latest