Silly Season?

davistld01
Edited Date/Time 3/21/2019 12:53am
I know it’s super early to be speculating...and I haven’t even heard (or read) any plausible rumors yet...but I read the words Tomac & KTM in the same sentence today. It wouldn’t surprise me a bit to see ET3 on team KTM for 2020...especially seeing his performance on the Kawasaki this year.

And...you know Webb ain’t going anywhere...so what’ll happen to Musquin?

And...Roczen isn’t looking “himself” on the factory Honda, is he?
|
3/19/2019 5:29am
I dont think team KTM really need Tomac.
Neither for supercross, nor for Outdoors...
3/19/2019 6:07am Edited Date/Time 3/19/2019 6:08am
Last night on the PulpMX Show, Daniel Blair made his case for why he believes Tomac will retire on a blue bike.

Reasoning: Kawi has no shortage of talent lined up.... Tomac will leave, but still have a good relationship with Monster... thus landing him on a Monster Energy Yamaha
3/19/2019 6:17am
I dont think team KTM really need Tomac.
Neither for supercross, nor for Outdoors...
I keep reading this. Tomac doesn’t need KTM either. Highly doubt he will be on another team next year. He wouldn’t do any better on another team.
kb228
3/19/2019 6:18am
Eli isnt leaving kawi.

The Shop

nd54
3/19/2019 6:23am
Isn't eli still under contract with kawi for another year or two?
Talisker
3/19/2019 6:23am Edited Date/Time 3/19/2019 6:23am
To me this whole thing revolves around Kenny. Is Kenny staying at Honda, does Honda still want Kenny?
An open spot at Honda can really shake things up.
Tomac could very well be going back to Honda.
Kenny ends up where? Kawi, Yamah, or Suzuki?
mxb2
3/19/2019 6:23am
kb228 wrote:
Eli isnt leaving kawi.
Exactly
Mace-x
3/19/2019 6:33am
davistld01 wrote:
I know it’s super early to be speculating...and I haven’t even heard (or read) any plausible rumors yet...but I read the words Tomac & KTM in...
I know it’s super early to be speculating...and I haven’t even heard (or read) any plausible rumors yet...but I read the words Tomac & KTM in the same sentence today. It wouldn’t surprise me a bit to see ET3 on team KTM for 2020...especially seeing his performance on the Kawasaki this year.

And...you know Webb ain’t going anywhere...so what’ll happen to Musquin?

And...Roczen isn’t looking “himself” on the factory Honda, is he?
Considering he was destroying everyone on the first rounds on the honda I think is more a mental/physical thing that's keeping Kenny from winning.

Regarding Honda, is Kenny and Cole maintaining the spots?
I'd like to see either Kenny and Cianciarulo or Tomac and I don't know who.
MOTO732
3/19/2019 6:42am
Tomac...if Kawi passes on him, which I HIGHLY doubt would ever happen...he will be on a Honda.
rhargrave431
3/19/2019 6:42am
You have to at least think Honda would entertain the Tomac idea. He has won 20+ Supercross races in 2.5 years, and 2 straight outdoor titles. What makes you think they would rather have Kenny? Until Kenny proves he can start contending again, Eli is better right now.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
3/19/2019 6:47am
i think honda is probably the last bike tomac wants to be on.
Flatliner
3/19/2019 7:21am
Mace-x wrote:
Considering he was destroying everyone on the first rounds on the honda I think is more a mental/physical thing that's keeping Kenny from winning. Regarding Honda...
Considering he was destroying everyone on the first rounds on the honda I think is more a mental/physical thing that's keeping Kenny from winning.

Regarding Honda, is Kenny and Cole maintaining the spots?
I'd like to see either Kenny and Cianciarulo or Tomac and I don't know who.
This for whatever reason is still floating around.

He wasn’t destroying the field. He won, but had dungey literally all over him. The next round he was behind when he crashed.

The setup was off at that point I’d say.
ledger
3/19/2019 7:32am
Looking fwd to how Eli does Outdoors on the new Kawi. I'm sure Marvin isn't going anywhere...he's in a great position to win the 19 SX Championship. When is Anderson's contract up ? his Resume hasn't looked very good since his SX Championship.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
3/19/2019 7:35am
Last night on the PulpMX Show, Daniel Blair made his case for why he believes Tomac will retire on a blue bike. Reasoning: Kawi has no...
Last night on the PulpMX Show, Daniel Blair made his case for why he believes Tomac will retire on a blue bike.

Reasoning: Kawi has no shortage of talent lined up.... Tomac will leave, but still have a good relationship with Monster... thus landing him on a Monster Energy Yamaha
I Havent heard the episode yet ,but imo it seems like the 2018 Kawasaki was more stable than the 2019, and the 2019 , is more flickable, turns better etc ,
(note my opinions is from watching not from riding)
And everyone always says the Yamaha is very stable , so maybe a Yamaha would suit Eli well even though it didnt for some others.
I can picture Eli on a Yamaha.
mxb2
3/19/2019 8:50am
Last night on the PulpMX Show, Daniel Blair made his case for why he believes Tomac will retire on a blue bike. Reasoning: Kawi has no...

Tarz483 wrote:
I Havent heard the episode yet ,but imo it seems like the 2018 Kawasaki was more stable than the 2019, and the 2019 , is more...
I Havent heard the episode yet ,but imo it seems like the 2018 Kawasaki was more stable than the 2019, and the 2019 , is more flickable, turns better etc ,
(note my opinions is from watching not from riding)
And everyone always says the Yamaha is very stable , so maybe a Yamaha would suit Eli well even though it didnt for some others.
I can picture Eli on a Yamaha.
He isnt leaving
Jordan421
Fantasy
2594th
3/19/2019 9:10am
Late night post on vital are the best.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
3/19/2019 11:14am
If he leaves Kawasaki, it will be for Honda.
3/19/2019 2:41pm
Flatliner wrote:
This for whatever reason is still floating around. He wasn’t destroying the field. He won, but had dungey literally all over him. The next round he...

He wasn’t destroying the field. He won, but had dungey literally all over him. The next round he was behind when he crashed.

I believe your memory has failed you & you forgot about A1 where he won by 17 seconds and indeed, "destroyed" them. Also monster cup before that & outdoors before that. Yes, he was on top & "destroying" at that point in time whether you're a Kroc fan or not...
nc97
3/19/2019 2:47pm
We can work with speed ???
Flatliner
3/19/2019 3:18pm
Flatliner wrote:
This for whatever reason is still floating around. He wasn’t destroying the field. He won, but had dungey literally all over him. The next round he...

I believe your memory has failed you & you forgot about A1 where he won by 17 seconds and indeed, "destroyed" them. Also monster cup before...
I believe your memory has failed you & you forgot about A1 where he won by 17 seconds and indeed, "destroyed" them. Also monster cup before that & outdoors before that. Yes, he was on top & "destroying" at that point in time whether you're a Kroc fan or not...
No no.

Now I do recall. He crashed at monster. Which isn’t a real sx anyway.

Round one, great. But as I said... round two he had company the whole race. The next? He was behind and another crash.

I was bummed when that happened cause I do like ken, but dungey was doing what he does. Winning a1 didn’t really mean anything.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
3/19/2019 3:22pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2019 2:28pm
Not sure what will change after Williamson left, but it doesn’t sound like things were “all good” over there. If things don’t turn around for Eli on the Kawi, do not be suprised if he ends up on the Honda for 2020.

Ride RED, ....just sayin’ !!

ruy
3/19/2019 3:27pm
I think it would be good for Eli to go to KTM, or to another brand, because at the moment he may be a bit mentally blocked in Kawa when he does not get the SX title, and sometimes changing the brand works, but, there are still races this year.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
3/19/2019 3:57pm
- Tomac to finish his career on kawi.
- savatgy signs another year for kawi.
- KTM and Yamaha stay with there current riders.
- Seeley retires.
- AC92 and Kroc for the Factory Honda Team.
- Jason Anderson isn’t going anywhere. He’s confirmed he has a 4 year contract and finishes his career with husky and becomes an ambassador.
- Mookie isn’t racing outdoors but is racing supercross in a Honda again next year.

The big questions are,
- Does JGR shut shop as they have mentioned there struggling.
- If JGR stays, who gets that suzuki ride?
- What happens with Osbourne and Wilson. Who gets that 2nd factory bike?
- What 250 riders are going on a 450 next year?
- Where do riders such as Shane Mcelrath land next year on a 450?
Brett_Clark
3/19/2019 4:14pm
This whole process is going to come down to what tomac decides to do. Teams are going to put their bids in for him and I wouldn't be surprised if he left to ride for less money if he doesn't win this title. Let's face it it's been four seasons on the kawi and he hasn't lived up to his expectations.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/19/2019 4:16pm
langhammx wrote:
Not sure what will change after Williamson left, but it doesn’t sound like things were “all good” over there. If things don’t turn around for Eli...
Not sure what will change after Williamson left, but it doesn’t sound like things were “all good” over there. If things don’t turn around for Eli on the Kawi, do not be suprised if he ends up on the Honda for 2020.

Ride RED, ....just sayin’ !!

By his choice or by Kawi letting him go?
3/19/2019 4:19pm
- Tomac to finish his career on kawi. - savatgy signs another year for kawi. - KTM and Yamaha stay with there current riders. - Seeley...
- Seeley retires.
- Jason Anderson isn’t going anywhere. He’s confirmed he has a 4 year contract and finishes his career with husky and becomes an ambassador.
- Mookie isn’t racing outdoors but is racing supercross in a Honda again next year.

The big questions are,
AC92 is a Kawi guy all the way!! JS17 looks great this year, but Team Green is gonna bet the house on Baby Jesus. Stamp it!
3/19/2019 4:37pm
MEKawi would be NUTS to dump Eli, and RBKTM would also be NUTS to dump Marvin for Eli.

Hypothetically, I can see Baker salivating over the chance to "fix" Tomac. But that would most plausibly be as a replacement for Osborne on RSHusqvarna, not Musquin, who is riding better than Tomac overall this season.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
3/19/2019 4:45pm
- Tomac to finish his career on kawi. - savatgy signs another year for kawi. - KTM and Yamaha stay with there current riders. - Seeley...
- Seeley retires.

The big questions are,
AC92 is a Kawi guy all the way!! JS17 looks great this year, but Team Green is gonna bet the house on Baby Jesus. Stamp it!
Yes he is... But, I don’t see them letting Tomac or Savatgy go.
AC92 has been with them for so long but other then win a hand full or races.. he’s never won a championship.
I just see AC92 wanting a change a fresh start when he goes to the 450’s.

Post a reply to: Silly Season?

The Latest